PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Defiance 2050?

anton84
03-28-2018, 02:22 PM
Hello guys,

I know this topic is irrelevant for many, but IMO, the new Defiance 2050, (as seen on youtube) is nothing more than devs trying to get everyone to get back on Defiance and spend more money. From the videos on you tube showing the boss fight, the devs ego rating was 3.7 mil, and the weapons I guess have new/different variables and changes to the game system, but everything else is really the same. Graphics are same, animations are same, sounds of guns still sound like metal cans hitting the floor XD. The devs really should do something, not just reintroduce this game again so everyone can hop on the bandwagon for a month and quit and be like , sigh, disappointment again. This game has not really changed but the devs where always there in the background, releasing the events for the holidays(arms solstices, summer, fall,winter, and events) but nothing really changed. I guess now the want everyone's attention so they can reintroduce the same game but modified a bit.
I really think the devs should change EVERYTHING. Graphics should be different, fix guns not showing up correctly (VOT Pistol - Glitchy as always), maybe add a new area to the map, add actual content not related to the show(it's dead anyway so just be creative and think of something TRION XD) and improve many other things. The fact that there will be a closed beta really concerns me and others, as we know it will be the same thing, Why have closed beta now if there is no changes, except adding tiers to weapons(little stars) and changed rng/variables to suit the pve system?
Please give me your opinions on the new game, I really don't see a point in releasing it any time soon, as really nothing has changed.
I could also see why devs might struggle to change things, because once you code a game fully, it's very hard to change something big like graphics, textures, and missions but TRION, please put your time into this and don't rush it. We want good content.

OneBadClown
03-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Welllll wish in one hand & .... in the other

Doctor_Atomic
03-28-2018, 06:03 PM
I'll play D2050 if they stop splitting my group up into separate instances when we walk down an outdoor canyon into a fight. Suddenly we'd lose sight of each other and (at first) not know why. This was lame, stupid, and the reason we stopped playing.

Chump Norris
03-28-2018, 06:10 PM
My opinion is Trion should start the beta tomorrow, oh and make it an open beta from the start!

drackiller
03-28-2018, 06:12 PM
My opinion is Trion should start the beta tomorrow, oh and make it an open beta from the start!

And keep the beta open till the official release of the game. Thatīs what most free to play games do these days.

stevenlmarler
03-28-2018, 10:07 PM
Defiance is 95% complete by now. Its too late to make any big changes unless you want to push back the launch.

anton84
03-29-2018, 11:06 AM
The reason they cannot rewrite anything, is because of the way coding games in general works. Thats why so many F2P games fail and die out is because it's almost impossible to make small changes without having to change everything, that's why I guess they are just renaming mobs/weapons/gear and adding the new system.

KevinVonBach
03-29-2018, 01:14 PM
We want good content.

Indeed... from your keyboard to the entity's ears.

kromc5
03-29-2018, 02:29 PM
I was hoping for an all new map, expos and missions etc. I wonder if they have recreated 2050 on top of a new engine and netcode? Or did they just take the existing engine and give it a new face lift? If its the existing engine has the netcode been further optimized? Seeing the expo run video I tend to believe the latter route was taken. Maybe the devs can further comment if the 2050 is using a new engine. To me the character progression via classes seems to me a much lower standard than now. I would have liked everything we have now in ergo / perks expanded in including slots.

Sliverbaer
03-29-2018, 03:02 PM
Seems to me they are drawing players back into Defiance with the Valor incentives. Same game just a different way to progress. My favorite missions are those at the beginning. (Having played them over and over in beta.)

My hope is that with this new backend system for ablities, inventory, and levels, that it will lead to new content that is faster to release. Maybe even getting the actors from the show for voiceover, pending how well Defiance2050 goes.

defiancegame
03-30-2018, 09:40 AM
A FACT: Everything is the same except for a few not so important stuff. And of course many of the things that Defiance has had will no be on D2050.

Mr Devlin
03-30-2018, 10:14 AM
A FACT: Everything is the same except for a few not so important stuff. And of course many of the things that Defiance has had will no be on D2050.

A FACT: None of us really knows enough yet to have a constructive opinion. I'm not trying to be derisive, but until at least a few of the Beta trials are completed, no one (but Trion) has a full understanding of how the game will look/play etc. I hope you get the opportunity to be in the Beta trials to get a real feel of what they have made and report back to us here in the forums then. Until then you just have to wait like the rest of us.

TheNeoReaper
03-31-2018, 03:30 AM
Hello guys,

I know this topic is irrelevant for many, but IMO, the new Defiance 2050, (as seen on youtube) is nothing more than devs trying to get everyone to get back on Defiance and spend more money. From the videos on you tube showing the boss fight, the devs ego rating was 3.7 mil, and the weapons I guess have new/different variables and changes to the game system, but everything else is really the same. Graphics are same, animations are same, sounds of guns still sound like metal cans hitting the floor XD. The devs really should do something, not just reintroduce this game again so everyone can hop on the bandwagon for a month and quit and be like , sigh, disappointment again. This game has not really changed but the devs where always there in the background, releasing the events for the holidays(arms solstices, summer, fall,winter, and events) but nothing really changed. I guess now the want everyone's attention so they can reintroduce the same game but modified a bit.
I really think the devs should change EVERYTHING. Graphics should be different, fix guns not showing up correctly (VOT Pistol - Glitchy as always), maybe add a new area to the map, add actual content not related to the show(it's dead anyway so just be creative and think of something TRION XD) and improve many other things. The fact that there will be a closed beta really concerns me and others, as we know it will be the same thing, Why have closed beta now if there is no changes, except adding tiers to weapons(little stars) and changed rng/variables to suit the pve system?
Please give me your opinions on the new game, I really don't see a point in releasing it any time soon, as really nothing has changed.
I could also see why devs might struggle to change things, because once you code a game fully, it's very hard to change something big like graphics, textures, and missions but TRION, please put your time into this and don't rush it. We want good content.

So you're judging something on what you've seen and not played. Welcome to 2018 people.

duction
03-31-2018, 05:18 AM
I just bought a Xbox one chatpad for chat in the game, my body is ready.

Kedaran
04-20-2018, 05:44 PM
A FACT: None of us really knows enough yet to have a constructive opinion.

We're talking Trion here dude. We don't need to play 2050 to know that it'll just be a zero effort copy and paste job of the original with nothing of important added or changed.

Because it's Trion and that's what they do.

This is a cash grab and nothing else.

Wraith Shadow
04-20-2018, 05:54 PM

I fully agree. Even the stuff that they've changed is still relatively the same, if not just outright slightly worse. They haven't fixed anything, nothing is improved, and the only real major difference i'm seeing after playing it is monetization. They've managed to separate everything in such a way that they will be charging for new "classes" since they gutted EGO, and gulanite, which looks to be tied into stores and who knows where else.

They should have improved vehicles, guns, added a ton more customizations, improved the character creation, added new playable races, and just transferred everything over. And to be honest, after seeing what they did, i really don't see why they can't still do that, aside from greed and getting to start everyone at zero all over again.

Sal Fireguard
04-20-2018, 06:04 PM
You know you have to start somewhere. The base game is pretty cool but new content will likely come after they have the main pieces in place. Updates to the weapon systems and so on will help especially those who are new. Ego will be cleaner and adding new abilities after the game is released should be easier with cleaner coding. Just my humble opinion.

Malificarr
04-20-2018, 08:03 PM
We're talking Trion here dude. We don't need to play 2050 to know that it'll just be a zero effort copy and paste job of the original with nothing of important added or changed.

Now that I've played it I can confirm what you said is accurate.

Lake Superior
04-21-2018, 09:07 AM

Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!