PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about transferring to Defiance 2050.

SgtKerero
03-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Will I be able to transfer my "character" (titles, cosmetics, .etc) from PS3 to PC? When I transfer will I still have access to the DLCs I have bought on PS3 or will the DLCs be free content or added for the same/reduced price?

Quicksilver1492
03-28-2018, 08:38 PM
Refer to the Valor threads concerning your title transfers and such. As far as DLC, I assume they won't exist at launch. I think the game will be a stripped down version, more along the lines of what D13 was. So if and when they re-release the updated versions of old DLC (or entirely new DLC), we will surely have to pay for it regardless.

stevenlmarler
03-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Will I be able to transfer my "character" (titles, cosmetics, .etc) from PS3 to PC? When I transfer will I still have access to the DLCs I have bought on PS3 or will the DLCs be free content or added for the same/reduced price?

1. Inventory will not transfer.
2. Weapons will not transfer.
3. Equipment e.g. shields will not transfer
4. Synergies and Mods are being redone.
5. Clan size has been reduced.
6. DLC is included as part of the base game.
7. Trading is out at least for initial launch
8. No new story, possibly after launch.
9. A new class system is replacing the EGO system
10. Some titles will transfer, some will not.
11. Vanity items will transfer, I do not know what the definition of "Vanity Item" is.
12. Character slots and Loadout slots will transfer.
13. Characters will not transfer.

SgtKerero
03-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Everything there looks fine to me, especially the DLC being base game content from the start, I can see them making money with new DLC. My $5-$10 dollars spent on cosmetics doesn't really bother me as much as what I spent on the DLC.

It seems that the only real incentive I would have to transfer my account would be the permanent bonus I got when the game went F2P (Don't know if that's still a thing or if they changed it) and I don't see that carrying over. All the titles and cosmetics I didn't have to buy I can gain through playing Def2050.

Jerokhna
04-28-2018, 05:45 AM
In short... NOTHING will transfer over from ps3 to ps4 / xbox 360 to xbox one. Kind of a bummer since all that hard work and hearing I'll be able to play again means starting from square one and a lot of my effort is lost. Vanity Items are things like vehicles and their skins, appearance stuff. Non-stat items that don't affect overall gameplay. Disappointed they are also dumbing down the skill system by switching from the open-ended EGO to Classes. The only thing it looks like that will transfer over at all are titles which is utterly useless.