PDA

View Full Version : Level 5000 explained

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
We as players get Xp for a lot of things: Kills, Quests, Weapons and Pursuits(a combo of the rest)
And with that Xp will be EGO levels and EGO points for unlocking perks and powers

But here's the math:

So to start lets look just at the bonus EGO levels you get just for finishing all the pursuits

Pursuits:
Mount Tam – 65
Madera – 65
Marin – 70
Sausalito – 65
San Francisco – 65
Co-op Maps – 105
Arkfalls – 60
Enemy Groups – 30
Competitive Multiplayer – 180
EGO Evolution – 95
Combat – 180
Vehicles – 100
Reputation – 80
Social – 40

Total = 1200

Next come weapons...

Weapons:
13 weapon types
19 level-ups each (1-20)
4 EGO per levelup
= 76 ego per guntype X 13 weapon types

Total = 988

Finally we have the perks and powers section

Perks/Powers:
80 total perks that require 3 points to max (or 10 in game levels) = 2400
IE: You jump 10 in game levels for ever experience bar fill and receive 1 ego point for that

4 Powers requiring 5 points each to max =200

Total = 2600

Totals

Pursuits = 1200
Weapons = 988
Perks/Powers = 2600
Total = 4788

... And that leaves you with a little bit of fun and grinding left before hitting max level.

Thanks to 'Arkfalls' where I snagged most of this info from (find a link to their page below) but they included vehicles which DO NOT give you any XP upon leveling. Either way, seeing this made me feel justified in being a completionist and wanting to do all the pursuits now. lol

So, THAT seems to be why the level cap is 5000.

Enjoy, my friends

http://www.arkfalls.com/

Jammylambo
04-10-2013, 09:03 AM
thanks for the breakdown ! excellent work :)

Ninjii
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Good stuff thanks!!! ;)

ironhands
04-10-2013, 09:07 AM
what about vehicle level-ups? is that included under weapons?

Kommissar Kaede
04-10-2013, 09:10 AM

13 doesn't include the vehicles.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 09:14 AM

The only way vehicles give you Xp is through pursuits which is covered in the first section. They do not give you EGO levels in the same manner that weapons do (4 EGO per level) this is a common misconception though.

bwar
04-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah I got tricked by the whole vehicle thing when i made my list. Seems like getting to 5000 is going to require some epic grinding. I think getting from 1-1000 took me about the same time as 1000-1100.

bwar
04-10-2013, 09:22 AM
It's just as well vehicles aren't included because getting the cerberus to lvl 20 would not be an easy task.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 09:31 AM
It's just as well vehicles aren't included because getting the cerberus to lvl 20 would not be an easy task.

Hey! Its BWAR you are the person I found Arkfalls.com from originally. I go on that site all the time now! Great stuff man.

Xazur
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
So as a completionist, you will have Weapon level 10+ for all weapons and must have killed over 50000 mobs. or what not. Oh boy, what a grind its going to be.

Kyro
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM

That's assuming they made the pursuits etc rewards before they came up with a EGO cap they wanted, so could be the other way round. Likely is the other way round, that is the logical way. >.>

Dixa
04-10-2013, 09:58 AM
We as players get Xp for a lot of things: Kills, Quests, Weapons and Pursuits(a combo of the rest)
And with that Xp we will be EGO levels and EGO points for unlocking perks and powers

But here's the math:

So to start lets look just at the bonus EGO levels you get just for finishing all the pursuits

Pursuits:
Mount Tam – 65
Madera – 65
Marin – 70
Sausalito – 65
San Francisco – 65
Co-op Maps – 105
Arkfalls – 60
Enemy Groups – 30
Competitive Multiplayer – 180
EGO Evolution – 95
Combat – 180
Vehicles – 100
Reputation – 80
Social – 40

Total = 1200

Next come weapons...

Weapons:
13 weapon types
19 level-ups each (1-20)
4 EGO per levelup
= 76 ego per guntype X 13 weapon types

Total = 988

Finally we have the perks and powers section

Perks/Powers:
80 total perks that require 3 points to max (or 10 in game levels) = 2400
IE: You jump 10 in game levels for ever experience bar fill and receive 1 ego point for that

4 Powers requiring 5 points each to max =200

Total = 2600

Totals

Pursuits = 1200
Weapons = 988
Perks/Powers = 2600
Total = 4788

... And that leaves you with a little bit of fun and grinding left before hitting max level.

Thanks to 'Arkfalls' where I snagged most of this info from but they included vehicles which DO NOT give you any XP upon leveling. Either way, seeing this made me feel justified in being a completionist and wanting to do all the pursuits now. lol

Enjoy, my friends

i'm not sure what this is saying

you need 2600 ego levels to max out your perks. maxing out a perk does not GIVE you ego.

1200 from pursuits, 988 from weapons. you have to grind the rest of the way.

Amnesia
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
So, THAT seems to be why the level cap is 5000.Imagine for a minute that all you did you go around killing enemies. No pursuits, no switching weapons, etc. Yes, you'd get a couple of weapon skill ego levels but everything else would come from XP.

Are you suggesting that once you get 2600 ego levels from XP that you wouldn't be able to get any more EGO levels?

I don't see why that would be the case. I think 5000 is just an arbitrary number.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
That's assuming they made the pursuits etc rewards before they came up with a EGO cap they wanted, so could be the other way round. Likely is the other way round, that is the logical way. >.>

Again, pick out the smallest part of my post to troll. Nice move. Lol Don't think I've forgotten you.

I fail to see your point though. Again.

It doesn't matter what they did. Its done. lol. Either they sat down and decided 5000 is a good number and started there or they sat down and made all the quests/pursuits/weapon levels/perks/powers and decided an arbitrary value to them and they added up to around 5000. Who cares? That has nothing to do with my post.

Simply put, it has been confirmed that max level is 5000 as of now and this is how it adds up.

Stop being so negative and looking for little things to call people out on when they try to pass on information about Defiance. Its not like that is the purpose of forums in the first place.... :rolleyes:

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:09 AM
i'm not sure what this is saying

you need 2600 ego levels to max out your perks. maxing out a perk does not GIVE you ego.

1200 from pursuits, 988 from weapons. you have to grind the rest of the way.

Ahh yes, this was bound to come up.... I'm not saying you GET the ego from doing it. I'm saying you REQUIRE the ego to get them and thus, would need to get that 2600 to finish all the perks and be maxed out as a character.

I get you though because you have to look at both rewards and requirements. It's very skewed because realistically you are getting points to put toward the perks and powers as you level regardless. So there are some big overlaps. This is a framework of how it works though.

I was wondering on who would pick up on that though. Very astute of you, my friend.

RobbyReiter
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Very cool write up. Thank you!

jnt
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Or the exact cap is completely arbitrary! One source says 4000 EGO should take til mid season 2 and then another post explains that there is no way to promise a second season.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Or the exact cap is completely arbitrary! One source says 4000 EGO should take til mid season 2 and then another post explains that there is no way to promise a second season.

Lol. That too. Sledgehammer, one of the main mods, confirmed a level cap of 5000 as of now though. So that much I guess we know.

jetah
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
I just read that I should not do pursuits until i'm nearing the 3.5k mark...

Did you look at all of the, for lack of an in game name right now, achievements listed? I've noticed some if not all do reward EGO as well.

Amnesia
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Simply put, it has been confirmed that max level is 5000 as of now and this is how it adds up.But it doesn't have to be added up that way.

A better way to put it would be that you can only get 2188 EGO from weapon skills and pursuits. At least 2812 has to come from XP (but you can get more from XP if you choose)

Yokai
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Edit: I see you credited Arkfalls and Bwar at the end of your post and later in the thread. Sorry for the rant. Next time maybe include the "where" credit up front?

bwar
04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
You need 260 EGO points to max out the EGO grid and each EGO point gives you 10 EGO rating. Therefore 2600 EGO rating from the EGO grid.

bwar
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
You could at least credit the original author for this info instead of blatently plagiarizing with a nearly identical copy-paste.

Here is where this guy stole this info and did not give credit: http://www.arkfalls.com/defiance-ego-rating-breakdown/

He did credit it.

Arctic Fox
But it doesn't have to be added up that way.

A better way to put it would be that you can only get 2188 EGO from weapon skills and pursuits. At least 2812 has to come from XP (but you can get more from XP if you choose)

I guess that is a better way of saying it. Thanks for this

Amnesia
I just read that I should not do pursuits until i'm nearing the 3.5k mark... .Why is that? It's true that each time you fill the XP bar it takes more XP the next time, but I see no reason to assume that it's tied to EGO level.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
You could at least credit the original author for this info instead of blatently plagiarizing with a nearly identical copy-paste.

Here is where this guy stole this info and did not give credit: http://www.arkfalls.com/defiance-ego-rating-breakdown/

Lol. Read the post first my friend.

Yokai
04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Lol. Read the post first my friend.

Edit: I see you credited Arkfalls and Bwar at the end of your post and later in the thread. Sorry for the rant. Next time maybe include the "where" credit up front?

10charsxxxxxx

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
He did credit it.

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't post this yourselves. I waited a while but just wanted to play with the numbers, as you can see... Either way, I hope it will bring more people over to Arkfalls

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 10:26 AM
10charsxxxxxx

No worries man. I love arkfalls, it seems you do as well. How about I go back and make the credit more clear and I'll post the link in the original. I wasn't thinking I was taking credit for it anyway, just thought this is something people should be seeing and commenting on more so we can work it out.

NeoDraven
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM

They don't have to as long as it as credit is included in the descriptive.

Yokai
04-10-2013, 10:35 AM
No worries man. I love arkfalls, it seems you do as well. How about I go back and make the credit more clear and I'll post the link in the original. I wasn't thinking I was taking credit for it anyway, just thought this is something people should be seeing and commenting on more so we can work it out.

It's all good; sorry I read the first 30 lines and jumped to conclusions. ^.^

Kyro
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Again, pick out the smallest part of my post to troll. Nice move. Lol Don't think I've forgotten you.

I fail to see your point though. Again.

It doesn't matter what they did. Its done. lol. Either they sat down and decided 5000 is a good number and started there or they sat down and made all the quests/pursuits/weapon levels/perks/powers and decided an arbitrary value to them and they added up to around 5000. Who cares? That has nothing to do with my post.

Simply put, it has been confirmed that max level is 5000 as of now and this is how it adds up.

Stop being so negative and looking for little things to call people out on when they try to pass on information about Defiance. Its not like that is the purpose of forums in the first place.... :rolleyes:
Troll? I just be myself, stop hating lol.

''So, THAT seems to be why the level cap is 5000.''
But, it's not and even if it was, you have no solid proof other than the rewards you get off doing pursuits, weapon skill levels and other stuff doesn't go past it... That's all it is, lol. I'm sorry if my post made your thread less meaningful other than ''this is how much you get off doing all of these and how much it will take to get your EGO grid maxed out'', lol.

They could of made it take to 5000 EGO to max your EGO grid out, but probably thought was unreasonable so they didn't. So instead they then just gave extra room for grinding or a extra purpose to play the game for some lol.

bwar
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm actually surprised you guys didn't post this yourselves. I waited a while but just wanted to play with the numbers, as you can see... Either way, I hope it will bring more people over to Arkfalls

I honestly only made the article because a clan mate asked, didn't really think people would find the breakdown that interesting.

NeoDraven
04-10-2013, 10:53 AM

But, it's not and even if it was, you have no solid proof other than the rewards you get off doing pursuits, weapon skill levels and other stuff doesn't go past it... That's all it is, lol. I'm sorry if my post made your thread less meaningful other than ''this is how much you get off doing all of these and how much it will take to get your EGO grid maxed out'', lol.

They could of made it take to 5000 EGO to max your EGO grid out, but probably thought was unreasonable so they didn't. So instead they then just gave extra room for grinding or a extra purpose to play the game for some lol.
Is it just me or does he not know the proper definition of troll?

Kyro
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Is it just me or does he not know the proper definition of troll?
I do know. I am saying I just be myself and it just so happens some of my habits is something a so called ''troll'' does. People who call other people trolls should have a label as well on them...

I'm just being myself, so get outta here with your troll calling because whats the meaning behind saying to someone they are a troll? What are you trying to say? Cause I wont stop being myself lol.

Ichidakiller
04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
50000mobs isn't that bad few of the high body count rampages will knock hundred or more off that list. Do those a few times. The way im doing it is the rampages a few times a day. So far my body count is close to 20k and I've only been doing it a few times a day between arkfalls.

The pvp ones are going to be a pain and with reservoir chicken being such a pain I have given up on Marin pursuits. The dam defense being MIA that's gone as well. For now.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM

But, it's not and even if it was, you have no solid proof other than the rewards you get off doing pursuits, weapon skill levels and other stuff doesn't go past it... That's all it is, lol. I'm sorry if my post made your thread less meaningful other than ''this is how much you get off doing all of these'', lol.

Fair enough. I respect you being yourself and I'm sorry for hating. Either way, the cap is now 5000.

But its NOT about them all adding up to under 5000. The cap just quite literally IS 5000 right now. (Mods say it's so. I'm not making it up based on this)

Let's all take a second look at this because I feel only a few people are understanding and it's part my fault for not explaining further in the first place. I thought I explained it by saying:

"We as players get Xp for a lot of things: Kills, Quests, Weapons and Pursuits(a combo of the rest)
And with that Xp will be EGO levels and EGO points for unlocking perks and powers"

I mean it's in the first few lines, maybe no one took the time to properly read it.

Here are the things we can pull from the numbers and their additions together to give us 4788.

With the data posted, you can take things FROM it. Not just add it up and say "well here we go, close to 5000...."

There is a fair bit of confusion surrounding this though.

Here's the deal. You WILL get 1200 from all Pursuits. You Will get 988 from all Weapons. You NEED to get the remaining xp to unlock the remaining perks (they require 2600 levels) from kills and so on in order to unlock all the perks and powers.

In fact, as mentioned before, these are obviously going to overlap each other. That the numbers show is that it's possible to get 1200+988=2188 just from pursuits and skill levels and there is a total requirement of 2600 to unlock all perks and powers and even if you had them completely separated (which they cant be) they would STILL only add up to 4788 leaving you with at the very least, 212 useless grinding levels.

Thus why I believe the cap was set at the nicely rounded out 5000.....

Is that better?

Amnesia
04-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Here's the deal. You WILL get 1200 from all Pursuits. You Will get 988 from all Weapons. No.

You can get 1200 from the pursuits. You can get 988 from weapon skills.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
No.

You can get 1200 from the pursuits. You can get 988 from weapon skills.

Fair enough. I figured given the context of the situation the "if you complete them all, you WILL..." was implied

especially as I say "from the pursuits" "from weapons skills"

jnt
04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Fair enough. I figured given the context of the situation the "if you complete them all, you WILL..." was implied

Anyone who actually hits 5k should get a steam or console achievement named "Saddest mother ****er in the room" if the show doesn't hit season 2 and the game servers close in a year.

Kyro
04-10-2013, 12:06 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Talldestroyer/39215-grumpy-cat-no-Vyfj.jpeg
That is insignificant information that holds no significance. It just means Trion for some reason or another didn't make it add up to 5000, they could of but didn't and they don't have to. You can come to whatever conclusion you want but it doesn't change the fact that for whatever the reason or another, Trion did not make them add up to 5000 or just didn't want to add any more than they felt was needed. I will say it again, it holds no significance, just assumptions based on non-solid reasons.

I don't care and I doubt anyone else cares about why it doesn't add up to 5000, because it doesn't have to lol. Heck, why don't I throw something out there? 212 Is the number of days it will take till they remove the region lock. That's the meaning behind it. >.>

One extra thing: Have you not heard of leveling that does not in anyway encourage you to level other than to get to the ''max level''? A game is not all about unlocking stuff or working towards something. So just be grateful they have given you some levels on top of that, that you can just chill and play the game while going towards the max level lol.

Arctic Fox
04-10-2013, 12:10 PM
That is insignificant information that holds no significance. It just means Trion for some reason or another didn't make it add up to 5000, they could of but didn't and they don't have to. You can come to whatever conclusion you want but it doesn't change the fact that for whatever the reason or another, Trion did not make them add up to 5000 or just didn't want to add any more than they felt was needed. I will say it again, it holds no significance, just assumptions based on non-solid reasons.

I don't care and I doubt anyone else cares about why it doesn't add up to 5000, because it doesn't have to lol. You would probably get that amount of the other stuff you do, while you do them anyway... Heck, why don't I throw something out there? 212 Is the number of days it will take till they remove the region lock. That's the meaning behind it. >.>

Well, you've read nothing I've posted then. I'm sorry, there's no saving this. I've tried to explain in a proper manner. go back and read through again some time if you are curious. Otherwise, if you truly don't care, don't worry about it

Coraline
04-10-2013, 12:19 PM
When a guys right, he's right!

Shima
04-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Well if nothing else I did get that there are basically 260 levels to the game. Nevermind the 5k EGO rating thing.

Kyro
04-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Well, you've read nothing I've posted then. I'm sorry, there's no saving this. I've tried to explain in a proper manner. go back and read through again some time if you are curious. Otherwise, if you truly don't care, don't worry about it
You're right, I don't and why should I when you use such a round about way of explaining it?* Nothing needs explaining about this, it should be obvious why it is, what it is: Something to do, if you want to or just so you can see some sort of ''progression'' even after you get everything you want(/want to do). lol.

*Whatever it is you're trying to explain about why it's 5000, lol. It is, what it is and it is, how it is.

Edit: Looking at it again and it just looks like a number that coincidentally is near 5000, that's all. There is no significant meaning in that number, well in my opinion...

jnt
04-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Grumpy cat already told us to calm down. What are we arguing about again?

NeoDraven
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I do know. I am saying I just be myself and it just so happens some of my habits is something a so called ''troll'' does. People who call other people trolls should have a label as well on them...

I'm just being myself, so get outta here with your troll calling because whats the meaning behind saying to someone they are a troll? What are you trying to say? Cause I wont stop being myself lol.
That wasnt aimed at you but the person calling you a troll.

Kyro
04-10-2013, 02:54 PM
That wasnt aimed at you but the person calling you a troll.
Oh okay, next time you should make it clear as to who you are talking to, lol. Cause that looked like you were more likely saying it about me, *since the post you quoted had nothing to do with him calling me a troll*. There's a difference between just saying it to someone and saying it about them. Quoting a post which has a bit of irrelevant text instead of just quoting the relevant text, will make it be more likely to be misunderstood or go over their head like it did lol.

But yeah I do question how he defines a ''troll''. I know how to troll but I'm pretty sure I haven't in this thread, I just knit picked at it instead of ignoring the thread lol.

Edit:*Okay, it did have to do with it(so can just ignore that bit lol) but you could of got rid of the other text and not just say ''he''. Because ''he'' could mean the person you are quoting, so could use a little more than that lol.

Dixa
04-10-2013, 07:13 PM
seems obvious to me that the ego cap is in place for dlc and future seasons, which will add more pursuits.

not sure why you people had to argue for 3 pages over this.

Dracontius
05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Talldestroyer/39215-grumpy-cat-no-Vyfj.jpeg

I don't care and I doubt anyone else cares about why it doesn't add up to 5000, because it doesn't have to lol. Heck, why don't I throw something out there? 212 Is the number of days it will take till they remove the region lock. That's the meaning behind it. >.>

One extra thing: Have you not heard of leveling that does not in anyway encourage you to level other than to get to the ''max level''? A game is not all about unlocking stuff or working towards something. So just be grateful they have given you some levels on top of that, that you can just chill and play the game while going towards the max level lol.

What everyone needs to understand that even though it does NOT add up to 5k, you WILL be 5k by the time you do all the things listed in OP's post. All of that levels you up and gives you experience. Think of the Combat pursuits 5k kills needs for each one. That alone will most likely result in all the experience you need and if not, the side missions you need to complete and main missions you need completed to finish area pursuits etc. Trust me. You will most likely be 5k when you do ALL THE PURSUITS!

thejx4
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah I got tricked by the whole vehicle thing when i made my list. Seems like getting to 5000 is going to require some epic grinding. I think getting from 1-1000 took me about the same time as 1000-1100.

Or ya know, just playing the game.

godinurpants
06-14-2013, 04:25 AM
So is it true once you hit a certain level that experience will no longer level your ego up?

And if so do you have to finish leveling by doing pursuits and challenges?

I asked these questions because my friend can no longer level up by obtaining xp and, he can only get ego levels from pursuits and challenges now and his ego is around 3400.

duction
06-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Car levels do give xp. When they were resetting at 20 and they patched it we all got ego level raised and the answer was from the car xp