PDA

View Full Version : Do the Dev's actually care?

Hyperi0n
03-30-2018, 05:37 AM
So what do you all, the loyal player base, think?

So to speak, the Dev's said that Ex/Py'numbra was in response to what players wanted. So they stopped doing new events with new synergies and new JP's. Took out the drops from event Arkfalls, even if they didnt "feel" like making new ones.

Dont get me wrong, i like Py'numbra himself. But i think they took the game in the wrong direction. Everyone ive ever talked to in game, PS3 NA, feels the same way.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on this?

Alahali
03-30-2018, 06:45 AM
One thing is the direct result of the other, the idea was to boost grow of the ex inanis update for put aside the events and the "apparently" difficult fact to continue developing jps.
Some players consider that is a favorable change the perfected weapons, while Py Numbra has devaluated full collections of jps, allowing the proliferation of perfected weapons (the 75% good for nothing).

Anyway I would like to take the opportunity to thank the creation of sinergies and a lot of cool weapons that made this game something irreplaceable.
(I hope that the same will happen with Def'50).

DeathBringer0007
03-30-2018, 09:17 AM
One thing is the direct result of the other, the idea was to boost grow of the ex inanis update for put aside the events and the "apparently" difficult fact to continue developing jps.
Some players consider that is a favorable change the perfected weapons, while Py Numbra has devaluated full collections of jps, allowing the proliferation of perfected weapons (the 75% good for nothing).

Anyway I would like to take the opportunity to thank the creation of sinergies and a lot of cool weapons that made this game something irreplaceable.
(I hope that the same will happen with Def'50).

I tend to agree with this. I think they most certainly "care", otherwise they wouldn't be making a new game for newer consoles. Though I did prefer the old major arkfall event system.

Hyperi0n
03-30-2018, 01:06 PM
I tend to agree with this. I think they most certainly "care", otherwise they wouldn't be making a new game for newer consoles. Though I did prefer the old major arkfall event system.

Thats the main part that im refering to. The old arkfalls were something we as a clan always looked forward to. And we would hit it hard. Most of the duplicate Jp's that we got would be given away to other clanmates that didnt get them.

Hyperi0n
03-30-2018, 01:16 PM
So my next question would be who did they even talk to that wanted the Event Arkfalls to be changed to be almost worthless? The onlything they are good for are for the lower Ego players to complete a few pursuits. Because the Cap on PG, it makes more sense for you to do Seiges and Expos. I hardly even do Arkfalls unless theres a contract for them. And theres no Contracts for Event Arkfalls anymore.

Alahali
03-30-2018, 01:26 PM
Thats the main part that im refering to. The old arkfalls were something we as a clan always looked forward to. And we would hit it hard. Most of the duplicate Jp's that we got would be given away to other clanmates that didnt get them.

Without events we lost the teamwork and the game became in an individualistic activity, as I always said ... players working to produce PG.

Cygnus
03-30-2018, 05:23 PM
This was a result of a group of new players who thought they had all the answers on how to fix lag and complained that they could have a better chance at a jackpot if so many players weren't running multiple characters. They came to the forums and gave all kinds of suggestions and changes that they thought would make the game better for THEM. Ignoring veterens who told them lag is in the original code. I imagine most have moved on by now. Those who had been here or stayed since are the ones who paid the price. So they removed drops to reduce lag and removed jackpots to reduce jealousy. How do you like it now?

Bloodbath82
03-30-2018, 06:26 PM
Good thing they didn't complain about cars or we'd be walking everywhere with the trion repair and care methods.

BobaOnMyFett
03-30-2018, 07:52 PM
Nope they seems no not care at all as long as they get some cash in there pockets

Trogathorna
03-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Nope they seems no not care at all as long as they get some cash in there pockets

Your probably right, they do want cash in their pockets...its called a paycheck. The dev's work for a company, and company's usually like making $$$. So Trion gives the dev's marching orders to go out and make them money,if they cant do that..well then they probably would lose their job and that cash in their pockets(aka Paycheck). Think this post should have been called does Trion care, and the answer is...meh. I'm sure the dev's do care and probably would love to give us everything we want, but at the end of the day, that paycheck is more important then our feelings and wants.

BobaOnMyFett
03-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Yes but it doesn't stop the fact that they can still care desriny 1 was amazing due to the fact the community was great the devs listened and actually care for the most part and made the majority happy yet here is destiny 2 a pile of crap the devs only care about money and yet they keep putting out the **** updates and patches without asking any feedback from players or atleast testing it out with a group of people before sending out more and more crap.

Trogathorna
03-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Yes but it doesn't stop the fact that they can still care desriny 1 was amazing due to the fact the community was great the devs listened and actually care for the most part and made the majority happy yet here is destiny 2 a pile of crap the devs only care about money and yet they keep putting out the **** updates and patches without asking any feedback from players or atleast testing it out with a group of people before sending out more and more crap.

Not sure what Destiny 1&2 have to do with Defiance, but again like Defiance i'm sure the dev's for Destiny are in the same boat as the Defiance dev's. They both want to be able to give us all what we want, but at the end of the day, what they want and what the company that owns the title are willing to let them do are two different things.

smurfsniper
03-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Yes they do care. It is not up to the devs who are overworked, and mostly under paid to decide what is what. The publisher, and heads at HQ determine what is pulled, and what is kept. I hate how Devs get thrown under the bus for everything.

Devs and PR are the two biggest scapegoats in game industry. I beg that people here will ease up on the staff. Do you know what kind of strain they are under? These people live, eat, and sleep in the work place for months, at a time to deliver something fun. Only for the gamers to place the blame solely on them is unfair.

This part is so cliché, and many will disregard it as false. Even if you do not believe the story the events are real enough. I trust these sources, and their IDs have been verified.

I use to play Halo, and other games with Game journalist, PR, and Mobile game developers, will not release names because I am not legally able to release personal info. PR person would jump on about 2 days a month during a slow quarter, and would disappear for years when things got heavy. The PR would talk about how they were forced to tell lies about how the company cared about the employee's to make sure the quarter quota wasn't hurt. If the company received complaints about employee's during a time when they expect a game to sell, they either paid them off, or kept them away from public until the game is complete, then fire them. PR person was exhausted from all the traveling drama, and lies. They eventually left and joined their friends in the mobile game industry. Not saying this is the case for every game company, but it was for this one.

Mobile devs were freely able to do what they wanted, sure they had deadlines, but the approach was more casual and they seemed to be their own bosses, and showing progress to the main heads when they reached a milestone, or changed something. Sure they kept a busier schedule because mobile gaming scene is constantly changing, but they have said it is easier to do mobile games year round then to make one AAA game

Journalist said they have seen some things but refused to report it because it would damage the employee's reputation, and their job. That people tend to believe they are paid off by someone because of a low or high score. They told me its not about whether they or the gamer likes it, but how is the game overall. They said they had played games they would never touch, but gave it a high score because it is a solid game. CoD games get high scores because despite what people think about them It offers a solid online experience every time. Sure they have campers, but every shooter does.

Chump Norris
03-31-2018, 01:56 AM
Ex Inanis was a way to put the game in cruise control so focus could be shifted to 2050.

OneBadClown
03-31-2018, 01:56 PM
So what do you all, the loyal player base, think?

So to speak, the Dev's said that Ex/Py'numbra was in response to what players wanted. So they stopped doing new events with new synergies and new JP's. Took out the drops from event Arkfalls, even if they didnt "feel" like making new ones.

Dont get me wrong, i like Py'numbra himself. But i think they took the game in the wrong direction. Everyone ive ever talked to in game, PS3 NA, feels the same way.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on this?
About what I have no idea?

OneBadClown
03-31-2018, 02:03 PM
Yes they do care. It is not up to the devs who are overworked, and mostly under paid to decide what is what. The publisher, and heads at HQ determine what is pulled, and what is kept. I hate how Devs get thrown under the bus for everything.

Devs and PR are the two biggest scapegoats in game industry. I beg that people here will ease up on the staff. Do you know what kind of strain they are under? These people live, eat, and sleep in the work place for months, at a time to deliver something fun. Only for the gamers to place the blame solely on them is unfair.

This part is so cliché, and many will disregard it as false. Even if you do not believe the story the events are real enough. I trust these sources, and their IDs have been verified.

I use to play Halo, and other games with Game journalist, PR, and Mobile game developers, will not release names because I am not legally able to release personal info. PR person would jump on about 2 days a month during a slow quarter, and would disappear for years when things got heavy. The PR would talk about how they were forced to tell lies about how the company cared about the employee's to make sure the quarter quota wasn't hurt. If the company received complaints about employee's during a time when they expect a game to sell, they either paid them off, or kept them away from public until the game is complete, then fire them. PR person was exhausted from all the traveling drama, and lies. They eventually left and joined their friends in the mobile game industry. Not saying this is the case for every game company, but it was for this one.

Mobile devs were freely able to do what they wanted, sure they had deadlines, but the approach was more casual and they seemed to be their own bosses, and showing progress to the main heads when they reached a milestone, or changed something. Sure they kept a busier schedule because mobile gaming scene is constantly changing, but they have said it is easier to do mobile games year round then to make one AAA game

Journalist said they have seen some things but refused to report it because it would damage the employee's reputation, and their job. That people tend to believe they are paid off by someone because of a low or high score. They told me its not about whether they or the gamer likes it, but how is the game overall. They said they had played games they would never touch, but gave it a high score because it is a solid game. CoD games get high scores because despite what people think about them It offers a solid online experience every time. Sure they have campers, but every shooter does.
If their overworked it's there fault. Like any job you have a choice the knew what
their profession required. same as most service industry jobs. I know I had'em. want
better, back to school or try starting your own company. It's so easy for everyone to feel
sorry for them. Be glad people have jobs these days cause it ain't like it use to be.

Nico
03-31-2018, 08:19 PM
You asked so i will tell you what i think:

I think they care, I think they are trying, but I also think that the people making the changes dont play the game enough to know what should be done.

For instance, the vendors at Iron Demon, Great idea, but cost is way to much for RNG. For that kinda cost we should be able to buy the mod we want like we can in Paradise and Chimera. I mean come on, they have a vendor for smg mods, ar mods, and lmg mods, when they all take the same mods. They have no vendor for Blast Rifles and they also take the same mods.
Yet there is only one Rocket Launcher mod vendor and there are 2 types of rocket Launchers and they DO NOT take the same mods. So for 5200 PG you have RNG for the mod you need between the 2 guns.

I think they need to dedicate someone to find out what is causing the disconnects and get it resolved.

I think they should fix the major issues with the missions that are still left.

Thats all that comes to mind at this time.

Valani
04-01-2018, 12:59 AM
4 years and not a single reply about why the DLC trophies won't unlock, but time to build a new game and act like no one ever spoke about it. Yeah, they sure do care...about money. Derail that!

BobaOnMyFett
04-01-2018, 01:25 AM
There broken i had to delete and redownload my game to get my achivements to pop

smurfsniper
04-01-2018, 05:44 PM
If their overworked it's there fault. Like any job you have a choice the knew what
their profession required. same as most service industry jobs. I know I had'em. want
better, back to school or try starting your own company. It's so easy for everyone to feel
sorry for them. Be glad people have jobs these days cause it ain't like it use to be.

Being overworked isn't their fault. You act like anyone can get the jobs they have. At least the cashier gets a thank you for taking your money so you stuff a hamburger down your throat, but Dev get crap for missing some glitches, or dlc. So it is ok to treat devs like trash, spit, and complain, cuss them out, but feeling compassion is wrong?

This forum is so toxic.

smurfsniper
04-01-2018, 05:47 PM
4 years and not a single reply about why the DLC trophies won't unlock, but time to build a new game and act like no one ever spoke about it. Yeah, they sure do care...about money. Derail that!

Yes, because everyone knows achievements are top priority on a mmo. It sucks they didn't unlock for some people, but they did unlock for countless others.

OneBadClown
04-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Being overworked isn't their fault. You act like anyone can get the jobs they have. At least the cashier gets a thank you for taking your money so you stuff a hamburger down your throat, but Dev get crap for missing some glitches, or dlc. So it is ok to treat devs like trash, spit, and complain, cuss them out, but feeling compassion is wrong?

This forum is so toxic.
See that's not what I said. I don't feel sorry for them. they chose their job. If the companyisn't treating you right LEAVE!
It's that simple. You don't think other jobs employees catchhell for doing poorly? They also have what's called performance reviews.
Also customer reviews.No it's not fair treat them poorly, but changes
have to be made and a person paying has to the right to complain.
That's how change is effected. I'm sorry you can realize this.
How else do we effect change?

Tashinka
04-02-2018, 10:01 AM
See that's not what I said. I don't feel sorry for them. they chose their job. If the companyisn't treating you right LEAVE!
It's that simple. You don't think other jobs employees catchhell for doing poorly? They also have what's called performance reviews.
Also customer reviews.No it's not fair treat them poorly, but changes
have to be made and a person paying has to the right to complain.
That's how change is effected. I'm sorry you can realize this.
How else do we effect change?Soo treating people like crap is the only way you think you can affect change? If you don't like the game so much you are free to LEAVE, it's that simple
confirmed - you are delusional

superstorm
04-02-2018, 10:18 AM
If you don't like the game so much you are free to LEAVE, it's that simple
He likes the game. He doesn't like new devs, that is the difference. This game went downhill after their arrival if you don't notice it yet. Every year Defiance gets worse. I didn't play for one year and I can tell you there is no new features. All new things are so useless or even harmful. They (devs) even can't warn about incoming restart in time!

OneBadClown
04-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Soo treating people like crap is the only way you think you can affect change? If you don't like the game so much you are free to LEAVE, it's that simple
confirmed - you are delusional
Ya know people read what they want to. COMPLAINING is the way to effect change. I never
said to bit$h people out. My complaint is not personal. I don't know any of the trion
personnel personally. So to say that is ok to verbally assault them is ok is dumb.
The company they work for is the problem. I love this game & wouldn't be
playing it for 3 yrs non stop. My point is patrons are not respected.
Taking money & starting over without fixing any of our probs is not fair to players. It's disingenuous. I hope to heck this works out on the new systems, but so far all seems as if this is just a rehash without players in mind. You obviously have
no clue about real world workings. I really feel sorry for you. You cast aspersions on my character and knock what I say yetyou say the same to me. WOW! good call.

Tashinka
04-03-2018, 09:02 AM
You obviously have
no clue about real world workings. I really feel sorry for you.Please educate me about real world workings oh wise and complaining clown - I just flat out don't like you, your attitude sucks and you try to bully players in zone

OneBadClown
04-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Please educate me about real world workings oh wise and complaining clown - I just flat out don't like you, your attitude sucks and you try to bully players in zone

Bully in zone? WTF! Your attitude oh high and mighty one is absurd. Keep your comments about
the game concerning me if you don't like what I'm stating.

Hyperi0n
04-04-2018, 05:08 AM
Sure we've delt with the instability and disconnects for years due to the poor core code of the game its self. Im not concerned about the issue in itsself. We've come to accept it as the way Defiance is.

As for overworked, and under paid, possibly. But im sure they have a team dedicated to each game though it may not be all the original members.

I would like to know what all goes into the thought behind making the changes that they have made. If they thought us as a player would even like them, without even asking our opinions.

Mr B
04-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Grenades on cooldown.

Nuff said.

OneBadClown
04-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Sure we've delt with the instability and disconnects for years due to the poor core code of the game its self. Im not concerned about the issue in itsself. We've come to accept it as the way Defiance is.

As for overworked, and under paid, possibly. But im sure they have a team dedicated to each game though it may not be all the original members.

I would like to know what all goes into the thought behind making the changes that they have made. If they thought us as a player would even like them, without even asking our opinions.
Yes but as time has worn on it's gotten worse. Lag is killer. I've been killed to many
times of late because of it. I can deal with dc's, don't like'em if the could just keep
things stable. I love defiance sorely disappointed with the way things are shaking out
with '50. Players broke the news & how it seems the players are being treated with
regard to purchases on D1. I realize that weapons won't transfer, but why not at least
allow us a couple of equivalents to start. The help would be appreciated and vets may not
feel abandon. Titles only transfer? You know how much I don't care about that?

defiancegame
04-05-2018, 12:48 AM
We've come to accept it as the way Defiance is.

Exactly.
Insisting on not making new content or at least bringing back the good stuff that were already in game is just another reason to not even come near Defiance.

Batman Beyond
05-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Yes, because everyone knows achievements are top priority on a mmo. It sucks they didn't unlock for some people, but they did unlock for countless others.

Since you call them achievements I'm assuming you play on PC or Xbox 360? If so, that explains why you think it unlocked for countless others. On the PS3 we call them trophies. The DLC trophies not unlocking is a problem PS3 users are experiencing. The recent players that got them on PS3 hacked them or actually had the original DLC still installed from years ago.

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Since you call them achievements I'm assuming you play on PC or Xbox 360? If so, that explains why you think it unlocked for countless others. On the PS3 we call them trophies. The DLC trophies not unlocking is a problem PS3 users are experiencing. The recent players that got them on PS3 hacked them or actually had the original DLC still installed from years ago.

Potato, potatoe

Achievement, trophy

It's basically the same.

defiancegame
05-01-2018, 12:50 PM
The answer is look at Defiance

Tashinka
05-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Bully in zone? WTF! Your attitude oh high and mighty one is absurd. Keep your comments about
the game concerning me if you don't like what I'm stating.You seem puzzled - let's clarify
I first met you at Port Stinson (daily/weekly contract), you were already there and had finished about 1/3 of it. I shot a couple enemies and left to another site. You followed me there and hid on the outskirts just enough to raise the TL and started insulting me in zone. I can take insults fine, but you were insulting my mom (who is terminally ill btw) and I thought only 5th graders do that. I'm not sure what I did to you personally by leaving, but most players would prefer the person leave, the TL goes down and the completion is quicker; hiding on the outside of the circle is offensive/trolling, leaving is not. Hope that clears up why I have taken up clown punching, when you treat people like crap, don't expect them to be nice in return. Oh and I will comment whenever/however I want, that is up to the moderators, not you - I am high, just not mighty

drackiller
05-01-2018, 01:51 PM

I have been doing trophies lately on the PS3 and i can assure you that i´m no hacker and i don´t have the original install of the game anymore.
Think carefully before saying and accusing like you´re doing.

Some people can´t and some can, it´s the nature of the beast.