PDA

View Full Version : GAME IS UNPLAYABLE - FIX IT OR REFUND PATRON - is 2050 using the same network???

Kosman
04-03-2018, 09:22 PM
This is ridiculous. Tell us you know what the problem is and are fixing it or tell us to kiss your posterior side so we can request a refund.

Most of the time in the past week or so the grouping for co-ops fails, I go to arkfalls or sieges that say they are there on the map and are not, I found one that said it was in stage 3 yet had no mobs to kill and never spawned any, I've lost progress and/or loot on expeditions, and in PVP you target someone and they blink from spot to spot not to mention you summon a motorcycle and it either NEVER summons or takes 10-15 seconds.

You had multiple unscheduled reboots lately. Is this going to be the same network and servers used in 2050? I PAY to have patron to play this game. I am not able to do so...what do you intend to do about it??? If all the support and bandwidth is going to 2050 now just tell us so we can just stop playing this version all together.

So - will this be read/responded to, read/ignored, or never read?

DeathBringer0007
04-03-2018, 09:52 PM
This is ridiculous. Tell us you know what the problem is and are fixing it or tell us to kiss your posterior side so we can request a refund.

Most of the time in the past week or so the grouping for co-ops fails, I go to arkfalls or sieges that say they are there on the map and are not, I found one that said it was in stage 3 yet had no mobs to kill and never spawned any, I've lost progress and/or loot on expeditions, and in PVP you target someone and they blink from spot to spot not to mention you summon a motorcycle and it either NEVER summons or takes 10-15 seconds.

You had multiple unscheduled reboots lately. Is this going to be the same network and servers used in 2050? I PAY to have patron to play this game. I am not able to do so...what do you intend to do about it??? If all the support and bandwidth is going to 2050 now just tell us so we can just stop playing this version all together.

Yeah I am getting the same stuff that you are, right now I am outside the map with my guns at alcatraz...

Mr NeedIes
04-04-2018, 12:15 AM
You are playing on an OUTDATED and underperforming console

KevinVonBach
04-04-2018, 06:21 AM

My question is... which 'outdated' and 'under performing' console?

Calm like a Bomb
04-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Lets stop blaming consoles for the poor performance, we all know the true culprit. The op is part of the PC "Master Race" afterall and if he's experiencing these problems us console users experience than it has to be more than "outdated" and "underperforming" consoles.;)

Manestream
04-04-2018, 07:50 AM
you will be lucky. if its like Rift attitude then once they have your money they will not release it.
Had 2 gametime cards i bought that would not work, apparently they expired even though there was no mention of any use by or expiry date with them. Contacted support and was told nothing they can do (thats £38 wasted and down the swanny), looked into legal issue's and it would cost more than that to do that so my faith and trust in Trion has plumeted.

Now with Defiance issue's its gone worse and all i expect from defiance 2050 is for them to just try to milk the current fans and have them buy what they already had in defiance yet again. If thats what it will be like then Trions games will be dumped (sorry on the nice staff there but your hierachy sucks) and i know i am not the only 1 thats lost trust and faith in you.

Kosman
04-04-2018, 10:03 AM

Oudated console? A state of the art desktop PC (AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | Storage: 250GB SSD; 2TB HDD) with 250MB download speeds, Razor mouse/keyboard 40in 4K TV used as monitor...what are you playing on?

Now if you mean an outdated platform on their side you might have something, but play experience is shared by everyone in NA PC gaming with this.

Ctss3xxy
04-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Do not think I have an outdated console .....

Co-Op matches is not working on PC/NA...................

Can this be looked into please ?

ttoomm
04-04-2018, 02:04 PM

So - will this be read/responded to, read/ignored, or never read?I dont think 2050 will be as bad as defiance 13,ps4 and x box 1 can handle more data then the ps3 and x box.Would imagine the next gen developers will be working with trion to get a good release.

Kosman
04-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Another day...same poor performance and total lack of communication. Does anyone know what the issue is?

THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE - PLEASE RESPOND - SAY SOMETHING...ANYTHING!

Seriously, try just communicating - tell people what the issue is, or that you are even working on it, or all resources are being directed to the new version.

People are returning to the game to get use to things, see if anything has changed, getting ready to try 2050. The attention the current game is getting is EXTREMELY negative. Old players are saying forget this, new players checking things out for the first time are saying the same. THEN they are telling their friends and the gaming community. Honestly, do you not care?

This is not a rant from a kid. This is a paying customer who is NOT getting the item they paid for.

Zephkial
04-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Good afternoon, Kosman. Actually, we have been talking about this issue,. All of the information you are looking for is in the following thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?298438-Defiance-Connectivity-Issues

To recap for you: This is a hardware issue that we are having trouble pinning down. Restarts are happening regularly to counteract the issue (We know its not the most convenience solution, but we are working hard to find the actual cause of the problem). No, Defiance 2050 will not be running on the same servers. Possible compensation for the issue with PC-US will be discussed only after the issue has been completely resolved.

For further updates on the issue I would suggest that you keep following the thread I linked above and that is where I am keeping everyone updated as regularly as possible.

B5GkarNarn
04-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Can you try contacting Trion Worlds Support & requesting a pro-rated refund for the remaining time left on your Patron subscription?

I would gladly pay for a Patron subscription now if I could believe that the PC-NA server problems were fully resolved. I'm guessing that Trion Worlds must be losing plenty of revenue from players who have wisely chosen to not buy Patron subscriptions until this problem is truly fixed.

Zephkial has stated that Defiance 2050 will run on different servers from Defiance. But this is no guarantee that the Defiance 2050 servers will run properly. This is why I refuse to pay for any type of subscription (like Patron) for Defiance 2050 until the game has been out for several weeks & generally free of server problems.
Trion Worlds has an obligation to both Defiance & Defiance 2050 players to invest in a robust & problem-free server infrastructure for both of these games.

One last thing: If Trion Worlds can't resolve Defiance's server problems within the next few days - then they should hire an outside consultant that has a proven track record of resolving similar types of server problems for other businesses.

Ryu Soba JP
04-04-2018, 05:42 PM
The issue is across all platforms not just PC.

DeathBringer0007
04-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Good afternoon, Kosman. Actually, we have been talking about this issue,. All of the information you are looking for is in the following thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?298438-Defiance-Connectivity-Issues

To recap for you: This is a hardware issue that we are having trouble pinning down. Restarts are happening regularly to counteract the issue (We know its not the most convenience solution, but we are working hard to find the actual cause of the problem). No, Defiance 2050 will not be running on the same servers. Possible compensation for the issue with PC-US will be discussed only after the issue has been completely resolved.

For further updates on the issue I would suggest that you keep following the thread I linked above and that is where I am keeping everyone updated as regularly as possible.

Hiya Zeph! If it's a piece of hardware overheating could you guys use a thermal imaging camera to identify the malfunctioning part? Also, if you know which server has the bad part, couldn't you guys replace various parts until it is fixed? And are they not being run on virtual servers? you could save money that way and you would have to worry about as many hardware issues.

KevinVonBach
04-05-2018, 05:10 AM
The issue is across all platforms not just PC.

10/10 - can confirm 100%

superstorm
04-05-2018, 06:15 AM
To recap for you: This is a hardware issue that we are having trouble pinning down.
Seriously? If this is not a database or code issue, what could take so long to investigate?? If my hardware does not work well and I can't identify the problem, I can JUST change my videocard, memory, processor and other parts one by one to see what part is responsible. That is the work for 1 hour at most! But you just laugh on us. TWO WEEKS gone and you did nothing to fix it. Now I know where the worst devs work.

Bloodbath82
04-05-2018, 06:28 AM

Well if it's anything like the "compensation" we got on Xbox when servers were down for 15 hrs all that you'll get is a mountain of nothing......

Ronin9572
04-05-2018, 06:56 AM
So much for trying to complete the D50 pursuits! Either cannot login or if I do I DC in minutes and can't get back on. Now I remember why I stopped playing...

Kosman
04-05-2018, 07:43 AM

First, thank you for responding. At least we know the posts are read and you take the time to respond.

Being in the IT field now for over 20 years handling sizable infrastructures I still donít understand. This has been going on for quite a while now. People are saying it is not only the PC platform that are having issues. The same hardware issue is affecting all of the server platforms? I would buy this if it were running on a single server on a single platform but not all. Reboots temporarily fix the issue? That is a memory leak type issue or you are refreshing/rerouting your DNS so DDOS type attacks take a bit to catch up (which you have stated is not happening).

Possible compensation???? Really? If anyone in the world in any industry does not provide the service for which there customers are PAYING for you can be sure they are communicated to and compensated for the time/service not provided or they go out of business.

Honestly, since I am not getting what paid for I am going to do the only thing I can and cancel my patron now. Hopefully 2050 works out better for you.

B5GkarNarn
04-05-2018, 10:27 AM
First, thank you for responding. At least we know the posts are read and you take the time to respond.

Being in the IT field now for over 20 years handling sizable infrastructures I still donít understand. This has been going on for quite a while now. People are saying it is not only the PC platform that are having issues. The same hardware issue is affecting all of the server platforms? I would buy this if it were running on a single server on a single platform but not all. Reboots temporarily fix the issue? That is a memory leak type issue or you are refreshing/rerouting your DNS so DDOS type attacks take a bit to catch up (which you have stated is not happening).

Possible compensation???? Really? If anyone in the world in any industry does not provide the service for which there customers are PAYING for you can be sure they are communicated to and compensated for the time/service not provided or they go out of business.

Honestly, since I am not getting what paid for I am going to do the only thing I can and cancel my patron now. Hopefully 2050 works out better for you.

I totally agree with you!

Maybe we all need to write courteous snail-mail letters to the CEO of Trion Worlds & express our displeasure with the current situation of Defiance & its continual server problems:

Mr. Scott Hartsman - CEO
Trion Worlds, Inc.
1200 Bridge Pkwy
Suite 201
Redwood City, CA 94065

I got the above info from here: https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=29293446

If I were more tech savvy, I would try to organize an online petition - but I'm not.