PDA

View Full Version : Character Creator 2050

Wraith Shadow
04-06-2018, 11:40 AM
So, during today's live stream, it was mentioned that the character creator was going to be the same as it is now.... Is anyone else disappointed in this? The game came out April 2, 2013 but the character creator looks like it was more 1989. I think, given the update and population increase, it would be nice to get:

A) Considerably more new face options
> these two will help us all from looking exactly the same.
B) Hair options (that also work with hats)

C) More Playable Races

D) Maybe a few options for bodies as well.

The original Character creator was, uh... well, it wasn't great. I, personally, would love to get a way better customization on my person, both with the creation and the customizations. I would love to see how many other people would love a better Character Creator and what kind of options they would love to see in it.

Altras
04-06-2018, 11:59 AM
I second this. Add omec and indogene :)

Zer0Playr
04-06-2018, 12:06 PM
Playing as a Gulanee... lol

ttoomm
04-06-2018, 12:20 PM
So, during today's live stream, it was mentioned that the character creator was going to be the same as it is now.... Is anyone else disappointed in this? The game came out April 2, 2013 but the character creator looks like it was more 1989. I think, given the update and population increase, it would be nice to get:

A) Considerably more new face options
> these two will help us all from looking exactly the same.
B) Hair options (that also work with hats)

C) More Playable Races

D) Maybe a few options for bodies as well.

The original Character creator was, uh... well, it wasn't great. I, personally, would love to get a way better customization on my person, both with the creation and the customizations. I would love to see how many other people would love a better Character Creator and what kind of options they would love to see in it.To be honest after years of wearing suits i forgot what race i was half the time.

Alahali
04-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Dark matter renegade plz

Jagger Lux
04-07-2018, 03:27 AM
I just wanna rock a mullethawk in 2050. The longer the better :cool:

Quebra Regra
04-09-2018, 02:00 PM
it's 2018 now and on a next gen platform and no character creation improvements?

smelling like a cash grab much?

Wraith Shadow
04-09-2018, 04:50 PM
smelling like a cash grab much?

Pretty much. The guns seems to be the only thing actually improved upon. Everything else is dumbed down or "Not in at launch". This seems like the Secret World all over again.

DefiancePlus
04-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Has a dev confirm there is no upgraded character creation/customization?
Honestly if 2050 is only slightly different, I'm going to play it yes, but don't expect me to give them any money.

Wraith Shadow
04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Has a dev confirm there is no upgraded character creation/customization?
Honestly if 2050 is only slightly different, I'm going to play it yes, but don't expect me to give them any money.

Yeah, they confirmed it in a livestream the day i posted this. I had originally typed out a much longer response with other information and such but the forums at it...

BeckAltarr
04-13-2018, 11:41 AM
There are a number of reasons why you wont see other races beyond Human, Indogene and Castithan.

Gulanee - They are supposed to be ultra rare. As a Race there wasn't a lot to begin with and many stayed behind thinking they would survive the Votan System collapse. They are beings of conscious energy, they have the suits to contain themselves so they wouldn't be spread out all over. Like water on a table. They are also very powerful and Gulanite addicts. As a playable race they would be over powered and break the lore.

Indogene - Scientists. They are non-combatants. They are more common than Sensoths, but population wise, not many more than Liberata. They don't have the agility or musculature for combat.

Sensoth - They live to be very old, 200+ years in Human terms. Because of their longer lifespans they have fewer children than most races so there are less of them than any other race. They are also 2x the size of the typical Human, Indo, Casti. So their hit boxes would be huge and have an unfair dis-advantage in PVP.

Liberata - They are a servant class. Traditionally they wouldn't be able to be a player class because it just isn't how they do. Varus is a very rare exception. Most others are servants, feeling they have to pay for a wrong their people committed centuries ago. They are also very short and small. Their hit boxes would be tiny which would be an unfair advantage in PVP. Being a playable race would be lore breaking.

Omec - Do no exist in the Original Game/Story Lore. Also, they are potentially even more rare than Gulanee with only several thousand in Cryo chambers on the ship based on SyFy's invented lore. They are also very strong physically. More than any other race out side of the Gulanee. They also break lore completely and would make Defiance as it currently stands an impossibility. Omec only found Earth because of Irisa/Kiziri. Only AFTER Manhattan (E-REP) and Brazil (Votanis Collective) were terraformed/destroyed and after the Arkbelt was destroyed.

You can't have Omec with out breaking the two biggest NPC factions in the game, Inc Dark Matter who are Votanis Collective, and taking away the Arkfalls which is the entire premise of the game.

There is plenty of Original lore/story yet untold as well as potential story alluded to, which we have done and will continue to tell on K-TAM Radio. Just waiting to see what changes they have made to 2050 before we get ahead of ourselves.

bearguy211
04-13-2018, 11:27 PM
honestly i think the character in the game is just fine but it have to little option to it, i hope they add more option for the character ,you know something like saint row 4 it has a heck lot of option to it.