PDA

View Full Version : who has the highest EGO Rating so far?

aspoon
04-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Im curious to see how far people have gotten, and since there is no armory or anything to browse the playerbase...

Let me know. What's your EGO rating and how high is the highest you've seen?

Rullingsen
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Im curious to see how far people have gotten, and since there is no armory or anything to browse the playerbase...

Let me know. What's your EGO rating and how high is the highest you've seen?

Dejavu... I swear i see 50 of these posts everyday. Must be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Doowi
04-10-2013, 10:02 AM
There are already a lot of threads about this and unfortunately there is no way to track or see who has the highest EGO, but I can tell you that someone in my clan has is almost reaching 1,600 and I'm at 1,062.

Fascion
04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I've not personally seen higher than myself at 1395, but knowing how little effort I've put forth into "grinding" it (time investment, more than anything) I'm sure there are a couple of people out there around or just over 2000.

Remag Div
04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I guarantee there's someone that's over 3K already.

GenesisGFX
04-10-2013, 10:10 AM
how you guys got so much EGO already? you doing something to boost it?

Remag Div
04-10-2013, 10:11 AM

Yeah, it's called being unemployed. lol

GenesisGFX
04-10-2013, 10:13 AM
oh lol i see thanks for clearing that out ^^

NosAegis
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Someone call burn control.

Shima
04-10-2013, 10:15 AM

Arkfalls and pursuits seem to be the way to grind it from what I hear. I just finished doing all the main and side missions and what events were on the way to/from them when I felt like it (along with zone completions). I think I'm almost 900 EGO now.

Doowi
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM

I work 40 hours a week, but I did have my weekend to play the game and get a lot done :)

Blitz5
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
im at 922 right now...

Fascion
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, it's called being unemployed. lol...or on vacation, on leave, retired, and so on.

(he says, as though he isn't unemployed.)

Herbfiend
04-10-2013, 10:36 AM
1154 is where I'm at currently but like others have said finnish out the main and side missions then go do pursuits. Right now I'm focusing on the weapon ones and raising my weapon skills since I decided to be all pro and only use AR's and Pump shottys and not switch them out enough during the missions so I have to grind everything up cuz I am no where close to any of the weapon pursuits >.< and I must say upon grinding them up holy crap does stuff die so much easier. I thought the boss's were easy before but my god idk if it was the health change or the weapon skill increases but I'm finnishing events faster then I know what to do with myself. That combined with what looks like and obv change to ammo drop and I just run around with like 3 of w/e weapon I am lvling and as soon as I cap I switch to the next one.

Zeroexit
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
...or on vacation, on leave, retired, and so on.

(he says, as though he isn't unemployed.)

Id love to know how you make this assumption?

BTW retired IS unemployed.

Fascion
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Id love to know how you make this assumption?

BTW retired IS unemployed.No assumptions made, sir... you have simply misinterpreted my post. I was adding other possibilities as to how someone could have that much free time to the pool, then noting that I actually fall into the former category of unemployment.

Also, I chose to distinguish retirement from unemployment because some people clearly see unemployment as something to be mocked (see: NosAegis's comment.) As such, surely a lifetime of stability is worthy of praise by these people. Or maybe they are just ******s? Probably the latter.

KodiakX
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM

I am EGO 1428. I work 40 hours a week and sleep for around 7-8 hours a night. I've had the last 2 days off. Of that 1428, roughly 670 of that is from Ego Skill levels. Another 300ish or so from Skill Points. The last 500ish or so are from Pursuits.

Doing the Pursuits are the main way to jack up your Ego really fast. The easiest way to do Pursuits is to do the main story first, then go back and target the side missions for the zone pursuits and do the dungeons and such. If you use a runner for most of that, it'll jack up your Runners skill and make the time trials easier for that series of pursuits as well. After a fashion the only pursuits left are broken ones (PvP, Marin, etc) and the combat oriented ones which the higher level ones require 1000's of kills.

Skill ranks are easily gained depending on your dedication to swapping out weapons. I always carry around 4 SAW LMGs with me so as I max one out I swap to a fresh one to keep gaining skill and I'm almost to 19 LMG skill. My Runners and Rollers are both at 20. After I am done with LMGs I'll swap to the next type of weapon and keep going with that till maxed out as well to maximize Ego gains. If I really wanted to power game the skill gains I'd do Dungeons non stop which seem to max out a weapon if you use it the entire run.

Ego Skill ranks are done either by running around tagging side events (such as the ones you see on the roads) and letting others finish them up for credit or better still just doing Major Arkfalls. Major Arkfalls can yield around 17000+ XP per one depending on your contribution level and a lot of loot if you do all the minors as well. Side missions are terrible for XP/Script so you're better off doing events or Arkfalls.

All of this is just a matter of knowing the game and how to play it. It doesn't require a great deal of time. Prior to Ego 1250, most people have variations in how much they've done. Once they go beyond that point they almost all have done a good amount of pursuits, ego skill ranks, and skills.

The only purpose the main story line serves is to get you down to San Fran (which you can just port onto a friend who has it unlocked btw and then grab the teleport point) as well as unlock the side missions for the zone pursuits.