PDA

View Full Version : HUD improvements in Defiance 2050

ATTEE
04-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Since Defiance will have a few improvements under the hood (for example the 64 bit game client, DirectX 11 etc.), I was wondering if the HUD gets some improvements compared to Oldfiance. To give a few examples that came to my mind:

Extended Unicode character support
The game has 2 servers for 2 different regions: North America and Europe. As we all know, Europe has plenty of nations with some various letters that aren't included in the english alphabet, and some of them isn't supported by Defiance. For example: in chat I can use , , , , , , letters, but ő, ű and not even the (euro) sign, which in my opinion doesn't make much sense on an European server. Cyrillic alphabets also not supported, but I'm pretty sure the Russian (and other nations with cyrillic alphabet) players would appreciate it if it was available.

Mouse pointer misalignment after ALT+TAB in fullscreen mode on Windows 10
This issue is present ever since the fix got released to the Windows 10 Creator's Update issue (thats when the game got broken by the update in April of 2017, and couldn't run on systems that had that update installed). I don't know how big portion of the PC players have this issue, and what might be the reason of it, but for example if I ALT+TAB to check anything outside the game (like the incoming messages on Discord), and then switch back, the mouse pointer's tip and the actual point where it clicks gets misaligned. The amount of the misalignment depends on the vertical position of the pointer, at the top of the screen the misalignment isn't significant, but increases greatly at the bottom of the screen (at 4k resolution the difference is more than the whole size of the mouse pointer).

Support for high resolution displays
This should be important, since Defiance 2050 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Both of the consoles have a "stronger" variant that was released with 4k TVs in mind, and hopefully Defiance 2050 will support higher resolutions as well. Oldfiance wasn't prepared for resolutions above 1920x1080, the interface looks small, and at a lot of menus the majority of the screen space is left unused.

Selectable options displayed with a delay in Quick Menu
If there is some delay between the server and the client, the available quick menu options pop up a few seconds after the player brings up the quick menu. This can cause issues if the player selects options they want to use before all available buttons are displayed, for example if they are in group, and want to teleport to a group member, and pick buttons too quick, he can end up with starting an unwanted Shadow War matchmaking.

Reintroduce the "Automatically accept matchmakings while in group"
This was a very nice feature, people usually group up with friends and clanmates with the intention of participating in an activity that needs groups (like Co-op arenas, Co-op maps, PvP). When the Alcatraz update was released, this option got deactivated, most likely because accepting an expedition matchmaking requires you to spend a Hunter Requisition. I'd like to have this option reintroduced, and expanded with an option to "automatically accept expedition matchmaking while in group".

Give chat window top priority while typing a message
In my opinion this is a very annoying issue regarding the UI, you start typing a longer message, then all you typed in already is lost, because you got killed, or because the activity you took part in ended, and the scoreboard popped up, or you accidentally refused a matchmaking by pressing enter to send the message, but the YES/NO selection popped up meanwhile with "NO" selected, or you are typing, then you get electrocuted, the whole UI disappears and you start jumping and throwing grenades and such, because the pressed buttons go to character controlling instead of the bar where you started typing.

Option to set custom chat text colors
Currently the clan officer chat and normal clan chat are both the same blue color, and private messages and whispers are the same pink color. This can be confusing, for example imagine you are discussing a sensitive topic in clan officer chat, then an officer who didn't notice it is on officer channel, responds in the normal clan chat. Or he last time wrote in officer chat, so that is still selected, then he sends a message to a clan member on that channel, and wonders why that member keep asking the same thing he just answered. It would be nice to set custom colors to avoid such misunderstandings, or at least assign a different color to these channels for everybody, if Trion doesn't want to make the colors selectable.

Extended clan MOTD (Message of the Day) character capacity
Currently you can't fit too much info there, it's like an old twitter message right now. So if you put the usual stuff there (like the clan's Discord server link etc.), there is no place left to put other news there that might be useful for the clan members. If the MOTD won't be extended, at least give us an additional text field that can be viewed from the Clan social menu. This way we could put announcements like news about upcoming updates or planned downtimes without erasing the other text shown in the MOTD. If website URLs pasted in these text fields would be clickable, that would be a nice thing too.

Item, loadout, vehicle, pursuit, perk, ability etc. linking in chat
There are games out there where you can link your items in chat, so you can show it to others without putting it in a trade window (IF that item tradeable!). If that would extend to other things like vehicles, pursuits, loadouts, perks, abilities as well, it would make our life easier too, especially if 2 players with different client language try to explain something to each other. You could just link that pursuit there, and each of them would see that particular thing in their own client's language.

I think thats all that came to my mind right now.

So, what do you guys think? What else would you like to see getting some improvement in Defiance 2050?

MagnusRune Daltus
04-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Reintroduce the "Automatically accept matchmakings while in group"
This was a very nice feature, people usually group up with friends and clanmates with the intention of participating in an activity that needs groups (like Co-op arenas, Co-op maps, PvP). When the Alcatraz update was released, this option got deactivated, most likely because accepting an expedition matchmaking requires you to spend a Hunter Requisition. I'd like to have this option reintroduced, and expanded with an option to "automatically accept expedition matchmaking while in group".

what about when your in a group, and someone wants to go to leader, and the menu bugs out, and they accidently go into matchmaking? that would be freaking annoying

once or twice a week, when im in a group, this still happens. would be rather annoyed if im at arkfall, group someone so they can join me, as they cant see me on clan list due to too many online, i then get thrown into a co-op map... no thank you

ATTEE
04-08-2018, 01:20 PM
what about when your in a group, and someone wants to go to leader, and the menu bugs out, and they accidently go into matchmaking? that would be freaking annoying

once or twice a week, when im in a group, this still happens. would be rather annoyed if im at arkfall, group someone so they can join me, as they cant see me on clan list due to too many online, i then get thrown into a co-op map... no thank you

I listed that issue in the "Selectable options displayed with a delay in Quick Menu" point :)

But even if that wouldn't get fixed, I'd still rather have that option to be available again.

ttoomm
04-08-2018, 01:27 PM

once or twice a week, when im in a group, this still happens. would be rather annoyed if im at arkfall, group someone so they can join me, as they cant see me on clan list due to too many online, i then get thrown into a co-op map... no thank youdoubt it will be like that on next gen.I have never seen the problems on this platform than i have on ps3,xbox.Lag,invisible players should not exist in 2050.But if it dose trion will have a hard time due to the amount of f2p games on next gen being successful in keeping server bug free and enjoyable to play.

DSW
04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
doubt it will be like that on next gen.I have never seen the problems on this platform than i have on ps3,xbox.Lag,invisible players should not exist in 2050.But if it dose trion will have a hard time due to the amount of f2p games on next gen being successful in keeping server bug free and enjoyable to play.

it IS a problem even on PCs right now, because the quick menu delays is server and network side.
so when a server starts to lag, you get the same issues no matter where.

ttoomm
04-09-2018, 06:35 PM
it IS a problem even on PCs right now, because the quick menu delays is server and network side.
so when a server starts to lag, you get the same issues no matter where.you are talking about pc defiance 13,2050 has not release yet,but to be on next gen and to be successful thay need to keep up with the rest of f2p games.Sure if you get 2050 with all the cut backs on data it will be lag and hard crash free. All games at the start of launch will have bugs its expected.Even big titles like battlefield,cod,fortnite still get bugs but is resolved.Would expect defiance to go the same way.