PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten closed beta invites in their email?

Jerrmy12
04-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Just wondering because I have over 1,700 hours in defiance and haven't got a key yet.

ttoomm
04-09-2018, 06:15 AM
Just wondering because I have over 1,700 hours in defiance and haven't got a key yet.The keys are not granted to the people with lots of hr game play,its random.Lol ther are to many with 2k pluss hrs

Daethel
04-09-2018, 10:14 AM
5k+ hours i DeMAnd aBeTa CoDe!

MagnusRune Daltus
04-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Just wondering because I have over 1,700 hours in defiance and haven't got a key yet.

thats roughly 70 days. my /played is near 200. some players are way over 500 days.

also, unless you entered the beta ballot, you wont get one regardless of hours played. did you enter the ballot? if so, wait and see. if not.. enter... and good luck, in a live stream they said 'first come first served' at one point

Chump Norris
04-09-2018, 05:39 PM
They don't have console codes yet, well that's why they say we are being left out of code giveaways.

Altras
04-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of over 5000 hours

Jerrmy12
04-09-2018, 11:39 PM
Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of over 5000 hours
I'd have around the same is console defiance wasn't hot garbage.

Chump Norris
04-10-2018, 12:55 AM
256 days of PS3 hot garbage here...

Infinity Eagle
04-10-2018, 03:15 AM
Been here WAY too long. 417 Days = 10,008 hours

Mundy Drudge
04-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Yip definitely been here too long got around 500 days 12000 hours of my time invested in this game

UNDEAD420
04-10-2018, 08:28 PM
nope still no beta key, i was opening a ticket few days ago, glyph support anwer was that i have to wait a few months lol

Aliasse
04-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Got a feeling
Just like any other beta of any games, you either have to pre order OR keys will be limited meaning not everyone will get it

Bentu
04-10-2018, 10:26 PM
No email received here.

drackiller
04-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Well , i received a few emails from TRION remembering me not to forget to sign in for the beta because original players have priority.

blackgut
04-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Nothing since i got the first email telling me about the beta . as for how long ive been playing all im gonna say is daredevil

drikpic
04-11-2018, 05:08 PM
if you guys watched last weeks live stream they said they were going to be giving out the codes before the 20th for all the people who have been selected.

drackiller
04-11-2018, 06:25 PM
if you guys watched last weeks live stream they said they were going to be giving out the codes before the 20th for all the people who have been selected.

And the codes for consoles will be very near the day of the beta.

superstorm
04-12-2018, 01:55 AM
Got a feeling
Just like any other beta of any games, you either have to pre order OR keys will be limited meaning not everyone will get it
Closed alpha (and beta) access for original Defiance was given to everyone who requested it. At least I don't remember anyone left without the key.

SHiftt87
04-12-2018, 01:33 PM
And the codes for consoles will be very near the day of the beta.

20th is the beta...thanks for repeating posts?

drackiller
04-12-2018, 04:16 PM
20th is the beta...thanks for repeating posts?

Do you play on console ?
Ive been playing on PS4 since day 1 and i played plenty BETAS since it came out and most of those beta keys (if not all) were delivered a few days before each beta, never got a beta key 1 week prior to the beta release.
Im not repeating posts, just trying to calm down people that plays on consoles, no need to get ansious. Thats all.

Destiny had more than 3 million players on the Alpha years ago, do you think that we will have 3 million playing this beta ?
Im pretty sure that every body will have a key.

Akira Kimekawa
04-13-2018, 03:49 PM
I'm put many many of hours in... (Dont know the exact number since im on my phone.) But I've been around since 2013 and had a long period of time when I was not employed where I played 12-18 hours a day..... for like months lol. I was dedicated to this game. On top of this I was drawn from a beta code giveaway on stream and I have not received anything in my email as of yet. Keep patient, still have a week. Most likely keys will be sent out electonically 2-3 days before it starts.

Jerrmy12
04-13-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm put many many of hours in... (Dont know the exact number since im on my phone.) But I've been around since 2013 and had a long period of time when I was not employed where I played 12-18 hours a day..... for like months lol. I was dedicated to this game. On top of this I was drawn from a beta code giveaway on stream and I have not received anything in my email as of yet. Keep patient, still have a week. Most likely keys will be sent out electonically 2-3 days before it starts.

to be honest, I made this thread when I thought I read the date as the 19th.

Ronin9572
04-13-2018, 09:16 PM

They said to check our emails early next week, but also said consoles take longer. I'm sure you'll get a notification soon since you won a beta code, congrats!

superstorm
04-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Just got it. Only for my main account as of now.

BaronFrosch
04-16-2018, 09:42 AM
just got my beta code. Still waiting for a DL link though

PurePlayinSerb
04-16-2018, 10:35 AM
Closed alpha (and beta) access for original Defiance was given to everyone who requested it. At least I don't remember anyone left without the key.

not true alpha access was PC only and not everyone got em, only a select amount of people and people who got codes from streams, closed beta had a lot more people thats when i got in, then i think they had a open beta, cant remember, or pre-order access to beta something like that

Mike Reagan
04-16-2018, 11:01 AM
i got my closed beta code too. Can't wait.

bryman
04-16-2018, 11:12 AM
I recieved a beta confirmation e-mail this morning. no beta code was in the e-mail. Im pretty sure its enabled through the glyph account game launcher ..

hiban
04-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Got beta confirmation, too.
See you in Mount Tam!

Azimov
04-16-2018, 11:49 AM
for closed beta email

Johnny Stranger
04-16-2018, 12:08 PM
for closed beta email

Only if you’re on PC

B5GkarNarn
04-16-2018, 12:32 PM
I received the following email confirming that I'm in the closed beta for PC this weekend:

WELCOME TO THE CLOSED BETA
APRIL 20 - 22

Your Trion Glyph account has been granted access to the Defiance 2050 Closed Beta.

@Trion Worlds: Thank you for allowing me to participate in the Defiance 2050 closed beta for PC! :D

Akira Kimekawa
04-16-2018, 03:41 PM
They said to check our emails early next week, but also said consoles take longer. I'm sure you'll get a notification soon since you won a beta code, congrats!

Thanks for the congrats, but looks like I won nothing since I'm a console player.... why all my favorite games letting me down lately... lol RE2 Remake has been off the radar for years now. Still no Last of Us 2... Now this?

boinged
04-16-2018, 03:43 PM
I'm in on PC (email was also in the spam folder).

Also noticed that there is a now newsletter opt-in option for Defiance 2050 for each platform on the Glyph Account -> Email Preferences page.

GadeJ
04-16-2018, 05:52 PM
I'm in on PC (email was also in the spam folder).

Also noticed that there is a now newsletter opt-in option for Defiance 2050 for each platform on the Glyph Account -> Email Preferences page.

I was actually surprised to find an invite, and it was in my spam folder. I am a PC gamer, and after all the fuss on the Live Stream shows about "winning" an invite, I no longer expected one.

It is my guess that console players may have been gifted only a few winning invites because of licensing concerns. I signed up on the Trion website with all the other players, then I just waited. I am also guessing that there will be a hefty download before playing, and an associated server load.

Good luck to anyone who is online 4-20! Hope to see you in game! --GadeJ

silne
04-16-2018, 06:24 PM
I got my beta invitation today too.

Does anyone know when it goes up on Glyph for us to pre-load? The email is very light on actual details. Hoping for a couple of days in advance because the servers will be under some pretty heavy load. Fortunately my connection is a hundred times better (literally) than it was when I did the Atlas Reactor beta test so I won't spend hours getting a version only to find that there's another update as soon as I try to join.

I still have to work out what time it goes live for my timezone (UTC+10) so I can hopefully be there as soon as it goes live (and subsequently falls over, because I've been here a long time and I know what it's like hehehe.)

I'm super excited, because I was an original Defiance beta tester too! I remember taking lots of video and waiting patiently for the NDA to be revoked so I could get it up on YouTube for my friends to see. Those were some wild times.

neko_gunner
04-17-2018, 02:12 AM
Got my beta email invite yesterday morning. Looking forward to the weekend to try it out. I'm hoping there are settings to crank the graphics up higher then what we've seen so far.

superstorm
04-17-2018, 11:27 AM
not true alpha access was PC only and not everyone got em, only a select amount of people and people who got codes from streams, closed beta had a lot more people thats when i got in, then i think they had a open beta, cant remember, or pre-order access to beta something like that
Well, closed beta was better announced within weeks of release to accumulate more people. Not too much more, however.
Also I remember I have created 4 different accounts for alpha access, and all of them got an invite. But of course I may be wrong about it.

RajeeMama007
04-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Congrats to all of you lucky ones who've received invites. May you enjoy to no end come the day. ;)

loner614
04-17-2018, 02:32 PM
My friend & I signed up. I signed up way before he did and he received the e-mail invite, However I deleted all "Spam" mail before checking to see if I got mine ;( Guess I`ll just have to log into the Glyph client on Friday and see...

Ridly
04-18-2018, 10:40 PM
Closed Beta: Youre in

Got the invite. It was in Spam folder. :cool:

KevinVonBach
04-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Closed beta: Still not in since I chose PS4.

No invite... spam folder still empty.

drackiller
04-19-2018, 05:08 AM
Closed beta: Still not in since I chose PS4.

No invite... spam folder still empty.

I also applied to the PC version after knowing that the Console versions were cut off.
9 different emails, 1 positive answer ;)

KevinVonBach
04-19-2018, 05:15 AM
I also applied to the PC version after knowing that the Console versions were cut off.
9 different emails, 1 positive answer ;)

Not going to even bother with 2050 on my PC, beta or otherwise... pretty sure my copy of Sea of Thieves won't be having any of that.

Mijikai
04-19-2018, 05:26 AM
I got the email also, but didn't find a key inside or a link to download the game.

boinged
04-19-2018, 06:17 AM
There is no key or download link if you received an email. The client will be downloadable from Glyph some time on or before the beta start time on the 20th.

I'm expecting a start time no earlier than morning PST so 18:00 UTC or later. Likely the build is still being prepared with last minute fixes and internal testing going on, so it's just a question of whether it is ready before then.

I think there was also mention of a D50 forum area so we can post feedback and bug reports. Hopefully going to see that some time soon.

Mijikai
04-19-2018, 06:20 AM
There is no key or download link if you received an email. The client will be downloadable from Glyph some time on or before the beta start time on the 20th.

I'm expecting a start time no earlier than morning PST so 18:00 UTC or later. Likely the build is still being prepared with last minute fixes and internal testing going on, so it's just a question of whether it is ready before then.

I think there was also mention of a D50 forum area so we can post feedback and bug reports. Hopefully going to see that some time soon.

ok ty for the reply

UNDEAD420
04-25-2018, 11:59 PM
hey does any console player got a beta invite yet? im rigisterd and glyph-link is active support says its all cool i just have to wait
A FEW MONTHS till the beta starts lol.
(i got this mail weeks ago... if you guys wish i post this support e-mail here but it will be in german language).