PDA

View Full Version : BMG issues PVP

Dobranoc
04-10-2013, 10:38 AM
NUMBER A!!! BMG will not always damage/heal, it will link to a target but health will not start going up nor down (Depending on friend or foe) and it will still waste the battery. I am sure it is not that they are infected/on fire or getting healed. I'm 99% sure this is not a lag issue on my side due to stable interwebs, but at times I suspect it may be a lag issue on other players side... linking to a target that is actually further ahead of where the server is saying so it does not register as a hit even though it links, gives me a hit marker, and still wastes my battery. This is kind of a big issue to me, because it is restricting the idea of playing as a medic, or ghost buster. rather then being a good team player making others feel better knowing they survived a cloak gunner or was able to hit nice kill streaks because of my heals, I am instead a shooting silly string at enemies as their shields are still regenerating, and my allies are dying from 3rd degree burns or head crabs after they finish a fight... so I THINK this is not functioning as intended...

Secondly, I am not sure if this is intended or not, but when you get the electro-shock debuff thingy you cannot heal but can still damage beam... if this is intended the best anti healer weapons are electric based guns.

as far as i know the BMG has 3 types:
1 Damage/Heals short range does chains
2 Damage/Heals Long range does NOT chains
3 Damage/Damage Redux (with 24? heals rather then 389)
This leaves an issue of the only one worth using is 1 since it can still heal you if you are healing a target or damaging a group of enemies. 2 cannot heal you as you heal a friendly since it can only heal 1 at a time and does not give you enough range to avoid being pulled into direct combat, BUT is prob the best if you are only going single enemy damage with it since they have to run a wee bit further (longer leash is good for some doggies :-p ). 3 does not reduce enough damage to keep a yourself or a friendly alive compared to actual heals...

I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT want to say BMGs need to damage/heal more until the bugs are fixed and they can be reevaluated but I am thinking there needs to be more types of the BMG. A short range will link (being able to heal self while heal others) And Long range will be single target but double the range of the shorts. versions of both for the first 2 and a hybrid one making 5 types:
1 Low Damage/High Heals (blue beams :-p )
2 High Damage/Low Heals (red beams :-p )
Half Blood! Normal Damage, increases damage taken, long range, but does not chain / Normal Heals, reduces damage, short range but chains. (YELLOW BEAMS!!!)

PS BMGs have scope slots but no scope mods... waste of resources if you are a BMG player and your adding slots...

Galdoblame
04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
NUMBER A!!! BMG will not always damage/heal, it will link to a target but health will not start going up nor down (Depending on friend or foe) and it will still waste the battery. I am sure it is not that they are infected/on fire or getting healed. I'm 99% sure this is not a lag issue on my side due to stable interwebs, but at times I suspect it may be a lag issue on other players side... linking to a target that is actually further ahead of where the server is saying so it does not register as a hit even though it links, gives me a hit marker, and still wastes my battery. This is kind of a big issue to me, because it is restricting the idea of playing as a medic, or ghost buster. rather then being a good team player making others feel better knowing they survived a cloak gunner or was able to hit nice kill streaks because of my heals, I am instead a shooting silly string at enemies as their shields are still regenerating, and my allies are dying from 3rd degree burns or head crabs after they finish a fight... so I THINK this is not functioning as intended...

Secondly, I am not sure if this is intended or not, but when you get the electro-shock debuff thingy you cannot heal but can still damage beam... if this is intended the best anti healer weapons are electric based guns.

as far as i know the BMG has 3 types:
1 Damage/Heals short range does chains
2 Damage/Heals Long range does NOT chains
3 Damage/Damage Redux (with 24? heals rather then 389)
This leaves an issue of the only one worth using is 1 since it can still heal you if you are healing a target or damaging a group of enemies. 2 cannot heal you as you heal a friendly since it can only heal 1 at a time and does not give you enough range to avoid being pulled into direct combat, BUT is prob the best if you are only going single enemy damage with it since they have to run a wee bit further (longer leash is good for some doggies :-p ). 3 does not reduce enough damage to keep a yourself or a friendly alive compared to actual heals...

I DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT want to say BMGs need to damage/heal more until the bugs are fixed and they can be reevaluated but I am thinking there needs to be more types of the BMG. A short range will link (being able to heal self while heal others) And Long range will be single target but double the range of the shorts. versions of both for the first 2 and a hybrid one making 5 types:
1 Low Damage/High Heals (blue beams :-p )
2 High Damage/Low Heals (red beams :-p )
Half Blood! Normal Damage, increases damage taken, long range, but does not chain / Normal Heals, reduces damage, short range but chains. (YELLOW BEAMS!!!)

PS BMGs have scope slots but no scope mods... waste of resources if you are a BMG player and your adding slots...

There a bug that if you keep pressing the attack button when your dead,the BMG will still attack the link target. did many revenge kill like that.

Dobranoc
04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
found another type of BMG, a Trapper, which half damage but slows the target, and normal heals, takes twice as long to kill but its more of a support and counter blur weapon.

GodsofGravy
04-10-2013, 10:12 PM
I have had issues with it lining to party members but not healing.