PDA

View Full Version : Defience 2050

Iusedtoplaythis
04-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Did you guys upload the wrong game?

It's exactly the same as the original,Music is the same,Missions the same,enemy models are the same, Everything is the same as Defience.

no new Graphics other than a bit of AA, I'm sorry but I feel like this is a bit of a piss take I don't see anything 2050 in this game at all

If you want a good PVE game with modern graphics which is F2P check out Warframe I can not see any reason to return to Defience if you where bored with the original.....

ubikz
04-20-2018, 10:45 AM
Agree, cant see anything new and crashes my graphics

KSib
04-20-2018, 10:45 AM
I'm watching a stream of this and I too am confused. I'm hoping this was just a mistake and some files got mixed up. Everyone makes mistakes.

Iusedtoplaythis
04-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Trions guide to making a sequal.

Open Original game Ctrl-A + Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V = New games

Tashinka
04-20-2018, 10:51 AM

It's exactly the same as the original,Music is the same,Missions the same,enemy models are the same, Everything is the same as Defience.

no new Graphics other than a bit of AA, I'm sorry but I feel like this is a bit of a piss take I don't see anything 2050 in this game at all

If you want a good PVE game with modern graphics which is F2P check out Warframe I can not see any reason to return to Defience if you where bored with the original...... . . but you get to start over from scratch

Hexthat
04-20-2018, 10:55 AM
I feel like 2050 is console update, like for myself who played on 360 but have a XB1 now and don't turn on the 360 anymore.

playing 360 and going to PC is huge, so i think the 360 and ps3 to xb1 and ps4 will be liked by those players

Erb
04-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Have to say it looks like and feels like exactly like original defiance, game play quests, long standing server problems, everything.

defiancegame
04-20-2018, 10:57 AM
This is what we've been saying for months!

Iusedtoplaythis
04-20-2018, 11:02 AM
It's a shame,I thought they were going head to head with Warframe for king of PVE, I've already uninstalled

Sam Venice
04-20-2018, 11:02 AM
My thoughts exactly.. came to the forum just to see if it was just me or what.
I even checked if by mistake I started the wrong game, but Defiance1.0 is installed on steam and Defiance2050 through glyph on an entirely different hard drive. Oh well. LOL?

ReFleX
04-20-2018, 11:04 AM
As Originally an x360 player sense 2014, for a while i moved over to PC to try it out and it was alot better Graphics and framerate wise, as expected coming from the old x360, so the people that will notice the biggest difference will be the console players, moving from the old consoles to Next gen consoles, so far on PC, the only difference i see is a new API from DX9 to DX11, and an uncapped Framerate so the game feels Smoother, and a new Leveling system, and a Tweaked UI.

Hexthat
04-20-2018, 11:06 AM
isnt it 64 bit now and before it was 32bit?

Jinto
04-20-2018, 11:07 AM
2050 is already worse that the lBeta of the first game as i crashed out of the tutorial area 4 times killing like 300-ish mobs so Yay for server stability fixes!? but aside from having to do stuff many times over again after "losing connecting" Only change some minor UI changes and a class system. only good thing is a inventory system that is actually useful and not just a long list of everything you own...but as stated by others this is mostly a name change for Ps4 and XB1 players

While i was not expecting a sequel or anything didn't expect it to be just a wipe for PS4 and XB1 players :/ but i will give it time and play ir off and on for few weeks and see if maybe its worth investing more time

xargon
04-20-2018, 11:12 AM
I feel the same - disappointed. I was old Defiance player since day zero (insta bought game + season pass). So now if i want to play the same game (maybe with a little updated engine) and pay again ? Thanks but no thanks. Moving along. I advise to do the same guys. Peace!

Xeifer
04-20-2018, 12:06 PM
I'm giggling at the absurdity of this.

The ironic thing is when I first saw the headline announcement (before reading anything), this is what I expected. A relaunched tweaked game. I would have been ok with that. I like Defiance, so yeah I could live with that. Better than it going away. Keeping it alive. That's good.

But no, I read they are creating a new game. The next chapter, re-imagined, built from the ground up they said. So a new game set in the same universe, with the spirit of the first, but with some of the issues addressed, hell yeah. I couldn't believe they had the resources to do it, but they must have been recruiting on the quiet and invested for a new game.

As soon as I start up the 'new game', with a sinking feeling I immediately notice it's the same client, with the same options menu. I genuinely double checked I'd actually opened the correct game. The same character creater, the same opening cinematic, the same dialogue, the same missions. It's the same game. Oh except you changed that tutorial mission to use a heavy weapon. But then the original cinematic plays with you using a normal weapon. Great work.

I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry. It's about setting expectations. This is basic stuff. I'd have been ok with what you have done, as I said better than the game shutting down, but instead I'm incredibly disappointed. I'll probably still play the new game from time to time, because I like Defiance, so why wouldn't I play the same game, but this isn't what you sold people. My fear now, as it's not a new game, is the only reason for the reset is to turn the game into an RMT hellhole. Bit like The Secret World did.

As a direct consequence of you completely mis-setting expectations I fear the response is going to be far more negative than it needed to be.

iicecube
04-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Mhm nothing much look different from the past times and the only different i feel was we going to restart and grind again. pfff

darky89
04-20-2018, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why 2050 exists. Except I guess, like people have said, to basically relaunch it for PS4/XB1 as a 'new' game...

Glad to see the multiple threads, everyone in chat in the game saying it's the same and being confused by that. As I thought maybe I was just being stupid and completely misread the whole 2050 situation - but apparently everyone was expecting something different/more.

iicecube
04-20-2018, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why 2050 exists. Except I guess, like people have said, to basically relaunch it for PS4/XB1 as a 'new' game...

Glad to see the multiple threads, everyone in chat in the game saying it's the same and being confused by that. As I thought maybe I was just being stupid and completely misread the whole 2050 situation - but apparently everyone was expecting something different/more.

They tricked us whereas "New" as in "start new game again" or "New World" which made a huge misunderstanding.
I doubt they going to fund again for the hosting service and bills.

Lsya
04-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Sounds like I just need to go ahead and kill my download that's running. Not going to waste my time playing the same game with just updated graphics. Too many better options out there.

Zephkial
04-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Greetings Arkhunters. Just to clear up some confusion here. For the launch of 2050 our major emphasis is on the new systems we are adding to the game (itemization, enhancement, classes etc.), along with getting the game ported to current gen consoles. Post launch, we are absolutely planning new content.

Vesperion
04-20-2018, 01:02 PM
Well for me the route is clear stick to the old game and donīt start the "new game" cus maybe itīs just me or itīs more grind heavy cus it feels like it takes an eternity now to gain some Ego Levels before you can dump your points.

The new Ego System is for me somewhat meh cus you simply removed the grid system and build a tree system for it.

Currently i donīt really see any reason why i should play 2050 instead of the original cus all time i invested there for my levels and weapons would simply be reseted cus it would be equivalent to an server wipe.

Worst case scenario i could at the current point imagine would be "sry we need to shut down the Defiance Servers cus Definace 2050 needs the recources now"... Consdering Warframe Defiance still is miles away from reaching Warframe similarities cus luck and RNGesus in Defiance is a way biger theme.

Well back to the original for me and not going to test any further i guess.

SeraphimNoir
04-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Greetings Arkhunters. Just to clear up some confusion here. For the launch of 2050 our major emphasis is on the new systems we are adding to the game (itemization, enhancement, classes etc.), along with getting the game ported to current gen consoles. Post launch, we are absolutely planning new content.
I really hope you plan on opening up the other classes for testing.

Ozium
04-20-2018, 01:12 PM
were the lagfest invasions reworked? that's the major thing i felt wrong with orig game

Kronara
04-20-2018, 02:16 PM

THIS is a BIG mistake! You had should give as a real Defiance 2.0, set some years after classic.
Why should we PC Gamer test a "Next Gen Console Only Port"? Nothing what have changed in 2050 is it worth to start a new char from beginning.
I have the Defiance Collectors Edition... I loved thew TV show and also was a big fan of the game. But the game got boring to fast.
And so I hoped you will bring something new in the known Defiance Universe.
But... ********... ALL that count (Story, Mission, Classes...) are exactly the same!

I have already deleted Defiance 2050, will delete all newsletter and also the glyph launcher.

I am finished with Trion for all time, because I hat liars! I am out!

Iusedtoplaythis
04-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Planning content??? It's been 5 years,Granted you have been updating the original game so why not just make this a patch to the original? Why must we make new characters and loose any items bought to play this if it's the same game?

It sounds like you're just trying to make your existing player base spend more money on the same game

BlackHorde
04-20-2018, 02:17 PM
WoW EPIC Fail Again, Trion you really know how to **** everyone over just for MONEY, I hope this game Burns in HELL..

Should there be a LawSuit against False / Misleading / Fake Content that they advertised?

How is the gameplay different?

Defiance 2050 is the fully uncompromised vision of the Defiance team, offering a wholly reimagined experience with brand new systems, gameplay mechanics, and cutting edge graphics that take advantage of what modern gaming hardware can provide. Defiance 2050 has been built as a complete free to play experience, and everything from the mission structure and weapons systems to character progression and purchasables has been updated and modernized, resulting in the definitive Defiance experience.

"Cutting Edge Graphics" /spits

BlackHorde
04-20-2018, 02:23 PM
There is NOTHING updated, it's still CRAPPY 2001 graphics.. Blurry and Bland.

Jet1337
04-20-2018, 02:49 PM
My last post here was on 3-10-2016 and I thought I'd log in for the first time in over 2 years to express my disappointment. First, I got an e-mail informing me that the beta would be happening this weekend, but received no beta key. Thanks for rubbing this in my face, Trion.

Second, from what everyone else is saying, why even bother with such a lackluster beta? I read a post from someone on Steam that says they can't remake their melee build in 2050 because of how the perks are set up differently.

Third...this is literally the same exact game from the previous generation. I feel kind of bad for the people who have spent hundreds of real dollars/euros on the bit store for things that they can't transfer over to 2050. You really expect people to grind for their previous possessions again over the next 5 years, assuming this game even makes it for that long?

And finally, in the previous game, it took so long for you guys to come out with new content. It was literally almost two years from the 5th DLC to the Dark Metamorphosis patch (April 15, 2014 to March 1, 2016). How can you convince your players that they won't be waiting years for new content?

Iusedtoplaythis
04-20-2018, 02:56 PM
My last post here was on 3-10-2016 and I thought I'd log in for the first time in over 2 years to express my disappointment. First, I got an e-mail informing me that the beta would be happening this weekend, but received no beta key. Thanks for rubbing this in my face, Trion.

Second, from what everyone else is saying, why even bother with such a lackluster beta? I read a post from someone on Steam that says they can't remake their melee build in 2050 because of how the perks are set up differently.

Third...this is literally the same exact game from the previous generation. I feel kind of bad for the people who have spent hundreds of real dollars/euros on the bit store for things that they can't transfer over to 2050. You really expect people to grind for their previous possessions again over the next 5 years, assuming this game even makes it for that long?

And finally, in the previous game, it took so long for you guys to come out with new content. It was literally almost two years from the 5th DLC to the Dark Metamorphosis patch (April 15, 2014 to March 1, 2016). How can you convince your players that they won't be waiting years for new content?
If theres a way you can have my key

Jinxter
04-21-2018, 04:13 AM
I can understand the devs wanting to check out new ways of doing things, but really? Trying to sell this in a beta while starting in the original game setting is guaranteed to fail. You want players to test the new game, then give us the 2050 story, not go through the original yet again. New, never played Defiance before, gamers will enjoy the setting, I know I did back when Defiance was released, but you're asking seasoned vets to test something that has long become a yawn fest. Not going to last for long, is it?

Pinkeh
04-21-2018, 05:02 AM
Well this is disappointing.

torch327
04-21-2018, 05:35 AM

I think that may be exactly what happened, I have yet to be able to play due to errors, but have watched many streams. When I have issues like this I start looking in folders to see what is/isn't the problem and was a little surprised the the game folder is the same as original Defiance(logo and all).

When attempting to use the Windows troubleshooter(I knew wouldn't do anything) I get the prompt "Defiance.exe wants to make changes,etc...". It should have gave me a prompt,"Defiance2050.exe wants to make changes,etc...". I could be wrong here, but I don't think 2 different games/apps can share the same .exe and work properly.

darky89
04-21-2018, 05:36 AM

I don't know if you tried for Steam or Glyph, but if Glyph, you don't get an actual key. The Glyph launcher will have 2050 as a separate option to download.

drackiller
04-21-2018, 05:57 AM
So, before anything else, iīm a console player and i`ve played the beta around 7/8 hours at least.

From a perspective of a PC player, iīve said it before and now iīll say it again, this "new" version is not worth wile playing.
Sure there are some improvements graphically, textures look smoother, etc, but thatīs it.
And the problems the old game have still persists on the new version, namelly the disconnections.
Why should a PC player trade one version for another, start from scratch to keep playing the same game?
Iīnot even going to mention all the money people invested all these years. Donīt want to go that way.
So to me, if i was a PC gamer i really wouldnīt trade one for another.

I played on my laptop that donīt have the required specs to run the game so, i canīt really tell if the 3 hard locks that i had were from the game it self or from my hardware limitations, one thing i know is that the disconnections are a problem of the game, this i am sure.

Like i also been saying what will make the game successful on new gen consoles is server stability, and frankly i saw on the beta the same problems that the old version has, namely the disconnections.
None of the games currently on new gen, free or payed, have this kind of problems.

I donīt mind starting from scratch on the PS4 personally if the gameplay is solid, but if it is to disconnect every hour or less, then i will say my goodbyes to the game.
From my time playing on the beta i can say that the gameplay is very smooth, no lag, you can go along the map walking or riding and you donīt see transitions or map discontinuations, problem is really the discos.
Graphically this game will not make a dent on the PS4 or X1, but if iīm going to play and keep the same old problems, then no thanks.

When the game launchs on newgen consoles people will try it for sure, itīs free, but if they start feeling what i said above they will delete the game in the first couple of days.
I still have hopes that they can fix these problems, but theyīre not big hopes.

Trion, you need to fix your damn servers.

PS: eagerly waiting for the PS4 beta.

efgrib
04-21-2018, 06:20 AM
so diasappointed. i was not expecting much, but this was ridiculous... the only difference to original game I see is that the ego grid is now a boring ego tree... so in my opinion the only thing which was better then on most other games is now gone. :mad:
rip defiance!

Antony Harrist
04-21-2018, 06:38 AM
. . . but you get to start over from scratch

and you lose all your stuff you worked/payed for, and have the pleasure of buying/working for it all over again, with all the same bugs that have been there from the start :)

Infinity Eagle
04-21-2018, 07:17 AM
Instead of wasting their time on 2050 they should of made new content for Defiance 2013.

drackiller
04-21-2018, 07:36 AM
Instead of wasting their time on 2050 they should of made new content for Defiance 2013.

And then port the game to newgen consoles from PC version.
I wouldnīt mind that at all.
They could keep the game as it is in terms of items and EGO, updating the game technically from 32 to 64 bits to keep it more actual.
It would keep veterans happy and it could even atract new players. PS3 and Xbox360 players would migrate happily to PS4 and X1 if they new they could keep their stuff, after all some of the players have invested lots of money.
Trion would always win cause, at least on consoles, it would keep old players playing, it would callback the ones that quit playing due to the problems of old consoles and it would also appeal to a new generation of console players for sure.
And old player would vouch for the game, if of course they get rid of the problems the game actually has.

Malificarr
04-21-2018, 08:43 AM

I think you really need to shout this message from the rooftops as much as you can because it hasn't been widely received thus far.

The relaunch of The Secret World: Legends had a development & content road map that stretched over a year (which they largely followed). That would be a good thing to stick on the Defiance website for any of the curious so they understand what you're planning to deliver.

Shadonet
04-21-2018, 09:17 AM
defiance 2050 is a huge let down. i thought this was gonna be a new and improved version of some sort, i mean seriously, you had plenty of time to rebuild the game from ground up. i understand you tweaked a few things and went 64 bit but you guys made it sound as tho this was a completely different game and its not. when Rift went 64 bit they did not tease people with a new game, they just shut down for a bit and switched it, you could and should have done the same. what ever new content you got planned here could have been pushed on old game ...

OneBadClown
04-21-2018, 09:26 AM
This is Trion. Here endith the lesson

vlammigeleb
04-21-2018, 09:38 AM
so i'm here at my job waiting to play once i'm done so i check out the forum to see the new stuff,
to read that it's entirely the same game with nothing new, i thought it might be a new game or a huge update.
i"m sooo let down :(

stoodakiss
04-21-2018, 01:10 PM
so i'm here at my job waiting to play once i'm done so i check out the forum to see the new stuff,
to read that it's entirely the same game with nothing new, i thought it might be a new game or a huge update.
i"m sooo let down :(

all they did was change the weapon system like they have done before and changed the inventory user interface to the one that they used for the exchange a couple years back while stripping out all the dlc content and other updates that kept this game alive. its like going back in time and remembering why so many players left the game before the first dlc dropped. its sad, one would think that with the gutted version paired with modern hardware they might have finally got their networking ish together but its just another epic fail.

Valani
04-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Looks like Destiny 2 now has a roommate...with impending improvements.

Azareal Farseeker
04-21-2018, 04:29 PM
Haven't played Defiance for a long while now and saw a news blurb on the 2050 remake so decided to give it a shot. An hour in and yup, it's the same game. The only difference I could see was with the changes to the skill trees. Heck, I'm wondering if they even copied over all the old bugs (e.g. getting killed by invisible mobs in majors).

To have to go through all those pursuits again (ugh time time trials took me 3 months and a new keyboard, and let's not forget pvp maps where everyone spawned at the same spot *eye roll*), and without my beloved Piper, no thanks. Think I'll just pop back to the original every now and then to do Bath-house just for memories sake instead.

My guess is that somewhere last year they finally got enough cash for new servers and some genius thought "hey, why don't we just copy everything over, change the skills around a bit and call it a new game". Would have been better off fixing all the old bugs in the original, throw in a few new pursuits with some story around it, a few new pvp maps, and I'm sure people would have been happier.

For all the new potential players wanting to try out 2050, don't bother, go for the original. At least then you get a chance to have access to oj weapons and shields which vets will likely give away for free.

MrHulot
04-21-2018, 05:46 PM

From what I have read of Defiance 2050, this is my thinking completely. The changes in 2050 seems trivial or retrograde.

Pinkeh
04-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Run into the same quest bugs again from 2013.

I know i reported the exact same bugs *cough* features during the first game's beta. Still not fixed! :D

As expected of Trion i guess.

FailureToReport
04-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Holy crap, I had to get on the forums to see if I messed something up. I started up 2050 and was like "wait......did it launch the wrong game?"

So.......Defiance 2050 is "Hey let us take away everything all you old players have bought and give you the same game again...huehuehue" ? Seriously?

Okay then.....uninstalling.

Applebite
04-21-2018, 07:07 PM
I been reading the comments for awhile and...just wow. Wow, man. Wow.

So a few things here, Closed Beta should never be 3 days. It's impossible to do a CB in 3 days, too many errors and bugs could pop up. And from the sounds of things, that's exactly what has been happening. And even after the slated 3 days, nobody has any idea how many more bugs and errors are awaiting.

I read that the servers are still turning over in it's grave. The community has been over this before. It's 2018, there's no excuses for servers to still be unstable in this day and age...And to launch a "Remastered" game on unstable servers would be ridiculous. I hope that won't be the case.

When CB was announced, I signed up immediately. I never did get a beta key. What gives? I've longed supported this game with my money. What's just as interesting, is that many others had the same issue, not being able to get in to try things out. But whatever. Can't always get in the door...

But here's the thing, your Vets know and are familiar with the game enough, that they can tell what's a bug and what isn't. Because they've seen it all before! All the newcomers that might have never played, they might not be able to tell the difference. And then some others are only there to "Play the game". They won't care if there's a bug or error at all. You need good and constant FEEDBACK during this stage. Without decent feedback, your game is doomed for failure. And it appears 2050 is well on it's way.

Is it just possible that, the files for 2050 and the original got mixed up? I've seen this happen with other games in the past, because they shared the same file name designation...

And finally, Defiance is so far behind the other MMOs of it's ilk, that the Dev team can't afford to be going at this halfway. The Dev team should be aiming for the likes of Warframe and Destiny. Defiance was behind when it launched, and it's just as far, if not further behind the 8-Ball right now. Just to let others know, I do appreciate the efforts in upgrading the weapon systems and fixing the storage issues. It shows that you've at least seriously considered a couple of the issues of the original. But that alone won't get it done. Updating the rendering and graphics is akin to painting a Model T, if the game underneath it hasn't changed a bit.

You MUST push for greatness. Being as lazy as possible IS NOT AN OPTION.

drackiller
04-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Looks like Destiny 2 now has a roommate...with impending improvements.

This game has always been fracked up but what they did with Destiny 2 is far worse.

I played Destiny since day one every day till the release of Destiny2.
Destiny 2 i just donīt play anymore, neither any of my friends, that`s how fracked up that game is.

Octo
04-21-2018, 09:07 PM
+1
At first I thought Defiance 2050 was a good idea. They're going back to zero, cool, fresh new software it's going to be easier for them to fix all the bugs. Better graphics ? I don't care about graphics but hey, it's still a nice touch.

After a sweet 12 hours download, I was able to recreate my old character. Adding new haircuts was probably not a priority, amiright. Boom, tutorial, kill 75 bad guys ? Ok, well I know how to use a gun if that's what you want to know. Anyways, I'm in 2050 now, really nice to see my empty inventory considering I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get the guns and outfits I wanted - I miss you my little Wolfman. But hey, it's a whole new game, lessgo ! No, shut up Cass. Oh look, there's an atv with the wheels up in the air, never seen that before ! People running cars at the arkfall, objects/bodies you can't interact with, the notification that doesn't go away, that matchmaking guy crawling and screaming on the ground even if I can't rez him, Ktam, Kinship and all the missions we did 6 thousands times, the 3 arkfalls available every hour (it's a beta, considering that 80% of the map is locked, at least do something about the spawn rate - btw, Alcatraz is still under construction right ?).

So, where's the new stuff ? New guns ? New missions ? New... something ?
Post launch, we are absolutely planning new content. Post launch ? No, you're already too late, you need to add stuff right now. If the old school (you really like that title don't you ?) players don't see anything new, they just won't come back. Give them a reason to start over again.
Must be a pretty damn good reason tho.

Oh and btw, you guys need to work on your launcher, not being able to pause a download in 2018 is just sad.

defiancegame
04-22-2018, 06:49 AM
Give them a reason to start over again.

Sums up what's in my head.

Sevrin
04-22-2018, 09:19 AM
I agree with pretty much all that is being said here (I think Octo about nailed it so I won't repeat it all). I only played for a few hours and dc'd more than 20 times. I get it's a beta, but without some major changes, I'm not coming back for this grind. Actually, thinking about it more, there is probably almost nothing they can do to bring me back because, I realized during this beta, that one can only do KTAM Radio so many times in one lifetime. I guess, as far as Defiance is concerned, I'm just a lost cause.

Darksider
04-22-2018, 09:47 AM
This is exactly what I said was going to happen. And they said they “couldn’t port old characters over”??

This is a cash grab from the console audience. The UI still has the same 4K bugs as the original game. The only redux I’ve noticed is some of the EGO system is redone. This game is supposed to come out this year apparently so this beta is indicative of what the game is going to be in its final form.

Trion’s lost me 100% on this. I downloaded the beta and played for about 30 mins before I decided to uninstall. The introduction waves of enemies you have to survive with Cass also was broken as hell. They sent about 20-30 enemies of varying difficulty and it was just me and Cass left to deal with them.

I’m wholly disappointed but not entirely surprised. You guys remastered some of the models (or used the source resolution for said models) and restructured the EGO system. I’m not sure why your business dudes told you to incorporate these updates on PC. Honestly, just take whatever updates you wanna make and push them to console. Bringing old defiance back on PC and charging people for the experience again is just dishonest and lazy.

I was hoping I’d be wrong and that this would be a pretty nice do-over considering the old characters can’t port over. I’m actually sad that I’m right.

pdg
04-22-2018, 12:52 PM
. . . but you get to start over from scratch

I don't mind starting a new character in Defiance 2050, but I am annoyed that as a veteran I cannot transfer my outfits from Defiance to Defiance 2050.

And yeah, I agree that it totally stinks that this is basically the same game with minor changes (but the class system is a good idea I think). At least improve the graphics. Maybe move the game out of the Bay Area to somewhere else in the US. Sheesh.

Defiance 2050 sets a new low for F2P games.

XDragon
04-22-2018, 01:25 PM
I bought and played 5 expansions on Defiance.

I brought my level up and chose to continue playing, for a while.

I am seeing the improvements that you can only see with dev eyes(30 years of trying to make a game).

They are not going to post their improvements in forum(maybe they will to calm the storm), they are going to deal with all this absurd hate, and make an amazing game.

I didn't experience it myself but in game someone said they had completely rebuilt New York ground up.

That's a beta explorer that has done their ground pounding. Me I am content with the new ego/leveling system as this is a beta, if you want new content your going to have to wait until they do an open beta.

Nuf Said,

XDragon

Jinto
04-22-2018, 01:26 PM
+1
At first I thought Defiance 2050 was a good idea. They're going back to zero, cool, fresh new software it's going to be easier for them to fix all the bugs. Better graphics ? I don't care about graphics but hey, it's still a nice touch.

After a sweet 12 hours download, I was able to recreate my old character. Adding new haircuts was probably not a priority, amiright. Boom, tutorial, kill 75 bad guys ? Ok, well I know how to use a gun if that's what you want to know. Anyways, I'm in 2050 now, really nice to see my empty inventory considering I've spent a lot of time and money trying to get the guns and outfits I wanted - I miss you my little Wolfman. But hey, it's a whole new game, lessgo ! No, shut up Cass. Oh look, there's an atv with the wheels up in the air, never seen that before ! People running cars at the arkfall, objects/bodies you can't interact with, the notification that doesn't go away, that matchmaking guy crawling and screaming on the ground even if I can't rez him, Ktam, Kinship and all the missions we did 6 thousands times, the 3 arkfalls available every hour (it's a beta, considering that 80% of the map is locked, at least do something about the spawn rate - btw, Alcatraz is still under construction right ?).

So, where's the new stuff ? New guns ? New missions ? New... something ?
Post launch, we are absolutely planning new content. Post launch ? No, you're already too late, you need to add stuff right now. If the old school (you really like that title don't you ?) players don't see anything new, they just won't come back. Give them a reason to start over again.

Oh and btw, you guys need to work on your launcher, not being able to pause a download in 2018 is just sad.

Can i have this as a signature :P this sums up my whole feelings about this "new" game in a far more elegant way than i ever could.
What really makes me sad is that i cant transfer any event/paid cosmetics/item slots over

XDragon
04-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Did you see Valor?

I am going to reinstall Defiance to pull my goods threw over the next couple of weeks/months.

XDragon

Doctor_Atomic
04-22-2018, 02:49 PM
This was a waste of time. They should have just put the effort into improving the original game.

I, for one, have no interest in playing through everything I have already played through in the hopes of maybe seeing new content later on if it ever actually is delivered.

I do love all the whining about "hate", though. I'm not seeing any hater posts, I am only seeing posts by people who are disappointed with the product as it is being offered and who are not inclined to put any faith into pie-in-the-sky promises of new content.

MrHulot
04-22-2018, 03:56 PM
I bought and played 5 expansions on Defiance.

I brought my level up and chose to continue playing, for a while.

I am seeing the improvements that you can only see with dev eyes(30 years of trying to make a game).

They are not going to post their improvements in forum(maybe they will to calm the storm), they are going to deal with all this absurd hate, and make an amazing game.

I didn't experience it myself but in game someone said they had completely rebuilt New York ground up.

That's a beta explorer that has done their ground pounding. Me I am content with the new ego/leveling system as this is a beta, if you want new content your going to have to wait until they do an open beta.

Nuf Said,

XDragon

Why is the hate absurd? If what people are saying about Defiance 2050 is true (that is is virtually no different from Defiance 2013 in any way that makes it better), why shouldn't they be upset?

Maybe it would help if you told us WHAT improvements you are seeing with your 30-year-experience eyes that we are not. No one else seems to have found any.

And why wouldn't Trion talk about their improvements - if not in the forums, then somewhere where current players would seem it - and why on EARTH wouldn't they put them in the beta? I am not a developer with 30 years of experience, but isn't the purpose of betas to test new features?

And what do you mean "they had completely rebuilt New York from the ground up"? Is Defiance2050 going to be set in New York? Says who, and where did they say it?

If you know as much as you say, XDragon, please share it with the rest of us. It would help us AND Trion.

Jet1337
04-22-2018, 04:08 PM
Why is the hate absurd? If what people are saying about Defiance 2050 is true (that is is virtually no different from Defiance 2013 in any way that makes it better), why shouldn't they be upset?

Maybe it would help if you told us WHAT improvements you are seeing with your 30-year-experience eyes that we are not. No one else seems to have found any.

And why wouldn't Trion talk about their improvements - if not in the forums, then somewhere where current players would seem it - and why on EARTH wouldn't they put them in the beta? I am not a developer with 30 years of experience, but isn't the purpose of betas to test new features?

And what do you mean "they had completely rebuilt New York from the ground up"? Is Defiance2050 going to be set in New York? Says who, and where did they say it?

If you know as much as you say, XDragon, please share it with the rest of us. It would help us AND Trion.

This kid just made an account here this past Friday and has no experience with Trion's BS for the past 5 years. He has no idea what he's talking about. This game takes place in California, not New York. If he's ignorant enough to believe someone who said that Trion built New York up from the ground, then there goes all his credibility.

Manestream
04-22-2018, 04:37 PM
well i found that defiance 2050 was and is a big dissapointment.
Apart from 2 or 3 info pages being changed everything else is the same. Graphics, Maps, Quests.

They could have just patched defiance itself for all the differance i have seen. I am now inclined to agree with many others that this is really a cash grab hit on the population.
Everything you have in definace will have to be rebought in defiance 2050 (except the DLC's) but all equipment, cars etc will need to be bought. I hear also you will have to buy the other class's top unlock them, store was locked and achievements were locked so could not see what was planned in those.

All in all i believe and go along with the many that this is a cash grab approach.
Defiance is the last game i currently play from Trion and if thats the case i wont hesitate to just uninstall defiance and glyph.

Just 1 word can describe all of this and its - Dissapointment.

Mr B
04-22-2018, 06:31 PM
I really don't understand why they didn't just port it the way it is now. Why waste ressources on something nobody wanted?
Corporate greed? nope i think they would have made more money just porting over, keeping all the vets, and bringing new players for the ride.
Why?
Aside from stability issues, the game is great to play atm.
I just don't get it.

Also, ego grid ftw.
Oh, and grenades on cooldown. Any vet can only laugh at that, i'm sorry.

Accensa
04-22-2018, 11:39 PM
I'm giggling at the absurdity of this.

The ironic thing is when I first saw the headline announcement (before reading anything), this is what I expected. A relaunched tweaked game. I would have been ok with that. I like Defiance, so yeah I could live with that. Better than it going away. Keeping it alive. That's good.

But no, I read they are creating a new game. The next chapter, re-imagined, built from the ground up they said. So a new game set in the same universe, with the spirit of the first, but with some of the issues addressed, hell yeah. I couldn't believe they had the resources to do it, but they must have been recruiting on the quiet and invested for a new game.

As soon as I start up the 'new game', with a sinking feeling I immediately notice it's the same client, with the same options menu. I genuinely double checked I'd actually opened the correct game. The same character creater, the same opening cinematic, the same dialogue, the same missions. It's the same game. Oh except you changed that tutorial mission to use a heavy weapon. But then the original cinematic plays with you using a normal weapon. Great work.

I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry. It's about setting expectations. This is basic stuff. I'd have been ok with what you have done, as I said better than the game shutting down, but instead I'm incredibly disappointed. I'll probably still play the new game from time to time, because I like Defiance, so why wouldn't I play the same game, but this isn't what you sold people. My fear now, as it's not a new game, is the only reason for the reset is to turn the game into an RMT hellhole. Bit like The Secret World did.

As a direct consequence of you completely mis-setting expectations I fear the response is going to be far more negative than it needed to be.

I share the same exact sentiments.

Iusedtoplaythis
04-23-2018, 03:44 AM
Have Trion had any Response to the beta yet?

KevinVonBach
04-23-2018, 05:20 AM
Just 1 word can describe all of this and its - Dissapointment.

Sounds about right.

At this point, I'm much less interested in trying to play this beta on my PS4 than I was before the PC beta launched on Friday.

"It is what it is."

Grez
04-23-2018, 02:21 PM
My two bits after switching back and forth between the Defiance and 2050. Same game, same graphics, same quests, with a few minor changes as has been mention in this thread. The game-play actually felt better in the original game because of the bullet-sponge enemies in the beta. The only thing this beta accomplished for me was to actually get me to play the original game again.

Malificarr
04-23-2018, 02:42 PM
To borrow a phrase from the launch of Mighty Number 9:

"Well it's better than nothing"

I guess.

torch327
04-23-2018, 05:43 PM

I'm really hoing this is the case, I assumed it from reading past articles, but this gives me a little more hope.

Iusedtoplaythis
04-25-2018, 05:13 AM
What this sounds like is "we got caught with a pants done and didn't think you would noticed" I still don't understand why this is not just an update to the original why throw your existing player base under a bus?

Do you not think this will discourage your "Whales" in to putting money in this game again seeing you can rebrand it as a new game in the future?

I smell a Sterling rant soon

Saying that the mods are deleting posts / Threads with out warning and dishing out infractions over difference of opinion

Ronin9572
04-25-2018, 06:08 AM
I'm just amazed by how many ppl are shocked/surprised by this. Guess alot of ppl charged blindly into the beta expecting something else. While how they described D50 is misleading, but aren't we used to thus from Trion. They can't fix D13 and unfortunately they are bringing over broken code to D50. So we'll have many of the same issues! The real reason they are doing this is to attract next gen players and trying to get last gen ppl who quit to come back. PS3's support and possibly Xbox 360 days are numbered. Plus with how D13 is going they need a new cash income. Guess we'll have to see if it's worth anything when it's eventually released. Can't even give us a console beta date so it's not looking good. But with Trion it is what it is!

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 06:27 AM
I'm just amazed by how many ppl are shocked/surprised by this. Guess alot of ppl charged blindly into the beta expecting something else. While how they described D50 is misleading, but aren't we used to thus from Trion. They can't fix D13 and unfortunately they are bringing over broken code to D50. So we'll have many of the same issues! The real reason they are doing this is to attract next gen players and trying to get last gen ppl who quit to come back. PS3's support and possibly Xbox 360 days are numbered. Plus with how D13 is going they need a new cash income. Guess we'll have to see if it's worth anything when it's eventually released. Can't even give us a console beta date so it's not looking good. But with Trion it is what it is!console bata and pc this friday.

KevinVonBach
04-25-2018, 06:42 AM
PS3's support and possibly Xbox 360 days are numbered.

*fingers crossed*

Ronin9572
04-25-2018, 08:15 AM
console bata and pc this friday.

TYVM for the info. I know you had been asking in several different threads and I just saw it in announcements. I hadn't checked them in days.

drackiller
04-25-2018, 09:28 AM
TYVM for the info. I know you had been asking in several different threads and I just saw it in announcements. I hadn't checked them in days.

Well he can play the "bata" but i definitely want to play the BETA. ;)

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Well he can play the "bata" but i definitely want to play the BETA. ;)
Was waiting for one to pop up. 4 weeks saying bata lol

darky89
04-25-2018, 09:44 AM
They should have just called it a remaster.

Even then, the graphical update is barely noticable - but it would have been more accurate. And that's exactly how most previous gen games are being brought over to PS4/XB1.

Probably wouldn't have garnered as much attention, but also less of a backlash.

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 09:51 AM
They should have just called it a remaster.

Even then, the graphical update is barely noticable - but it would have been more accurate. And that's exactly how most previous gen games are being brought over to PS4/XB1.

Probably wouldn't have garnered as much attention, but also less of a backlash.
I think the only platform that will see a bit of graphics upgrade is the console,and the beta not out for them till friday,we have to wait and see.

RajeeMama007
04-25-2018, 09:52 AM

Way to go, ttoomm...for uh...messing with us! ;)

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Way to go, ttoomm...for uh...messing with us! ;)
That was a typo my fingers to fast, i was suppose to say meta.Lol beta

drackiller
04-25-2018, 10:52 AM

Case you also didnīt noticed , people called that to your attention weeks ago and you replied with some sorry excuse.

You never tried to correct that, just saying.

Not that i care, i actually find it funy thatīs why i played wth it. ;)

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Case you also didnīt noticed , people called that to your attention weeks ago and you replied with some sorry excuse.

You never tried to correct that, just saying.

Not that i care, i actually find it funy thatīs why i played wth it. ;)i cant remember defending my spelling,i not that kind of person to point out people spelling mistakes.I really dont check or cear if my spelling is poor,everyone understood my comments that all that counts.Most people are educated in grammar and spelling not all most are understanding that not everyone perfect and people have disability and language disorder like my self.I am old and find it funny people get angry over spelling.Was waiting for this tho had it all my life every forem you get a fue people trying to put me down about it.

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 11:40 AM
i am verry upset now haveing people comment on the issues that is apart of my nero development disability and to top it off i get a rood privet message can you please read my privet messages and the comments in this thred.Nice way to make people feel like thay can post hear.In the uk equality is a law

drackiller
04-25-2018, 12:27 PM
DEVS PLEASE READ i am verry upset now haveing people comment on the issues that is apart of my nero development disability and to top it off i get a rood privet message can you please read my privet messages and the comments in this thred.Nice way to make people feel like thay can post hear.In the uk equality is a law

Wait , are you making a fuss cause it`s BETA and not BATA ? lol

it`s just a word and youīre making yourself a victim?
Sorry for your problems but i wasnīt aware of that nor was i making fun of you, just stating a fact.

My first language is not English and when someone corrects me i donīt get mad, quite the oposite.

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Wait , are you making a fuss cause it`s BETA and not BATA ? lol

it`s just a word and youīre making yourself a victim?
Sorry for your problems but i wasnīt aware of that nor was i making fun of you, just stating a fact.

My first language is not English and when someone corrects me i donīt get mad, quite the oposite.for me to start commenting on any public forem is a big thing I did take it on the chin,my last comments was out of rage from the privet messages i got in combination with the comments.I am not a victim just no way of explain to people why my spelling crap other then the truth and is something i should not have to do. But i ok now.and i talk to the privet sender and sorted it. Lets just get bact to talking about the game we love to hate lol

drackiller
04-25-2018, 02:50 PM
for me to start commenting on any public forem is a big thing I did take it on the chin,my last comments was out of rage from the privet messages i got in combination with the comments.I am not a victim just no way of explain to people why my spelling crap other then the truth and is something i should not have to do. But i ok now.and i talk to the privet sender and sorted it. Lets just get bact to talking about the game we love to hate lol

It`s ok by me, never had the intention to offend you, so i hope that it`s all ok with you ?

ttoomm
04-25-2018, 02:59 PM
It`s ok by me, never had the intention to offend you, so i hope that it`s all ok with you ?
Water under the bridge m8 no problem.

UncleGrandFather
04-25-2018, 05:56 PM
I really want to know if there will be a pistol build/class.

Iusedtoplaythis
04-26-2018, 01:31 AM
did they say if they changed anything in the Beat at all? any new content or are they copy and pasting missions from some of their other games instead now?

Azareal Farseeker
04-27-2018, 04:25 PM
And now, this...

https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2018/04/27/defiance-2050-closed-beta-and-founders-packs/

I really don't know what to say about what Trion has become.

Lake Superior
04-27-2018, 05:28 PM
And now, this...

https://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2018/04/27/defiance-2050-closed-beta-and-founders-packs/

I really don't know what to say about what Trion has become.
I do Aza.
o7 from Tex.

Azareal Farseeker
04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Damn dude, how have you been ? And wth games are there to play these days ? Was all excited about Anthem and then saw the dreaded letters, "EA" hahaha.

Lake Superior
04-27-2018, 05:54 PM
Damn dude, how have you been ? And wth games are there to play these days ? Was all excited about Anthem and then saw the dreaded letters, "EA" hahaha.
Me and a group of friends have been plying the Spaceways of Elite:Dangerous.
And...I've been playing the heck out of Witcher 3.
My brother and a good friend still playing Defiance 2013 hardcore; but for myself: After the TV show got cancelled, and Trion's...well Trionishness...I just had to step a long way away.
Definitely miss all my friends from Defiance; but...well...you know...

Azareal Farseeker
04-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Me and a group of friends have been plying the Spaceways of Elite:Dangerous.
And...I've been playing the heck out of Witcher 3.
My brother and a good friend still playing Defiance 2013 hardcore; but for myself: After the TV show got cancelled, and Trion's...well Trionishness...I just had to step a long way away.
Definitely miss all my friends from Defiance; but...well...you know...

Ya i miss the gang too. Think everyone has gone their own way now. Elucidate may still be in Overwatch, and Soul may still be in GW2, but I'm not too sure.

ColeJones
04-27-2018, 07:41 PM

Probably should have lead with that no? Insted of the bait and switch you've done

Daehawk
04-27-2018, 09:59 PM
1. Hope I get into beta. I enjoyed all my time in Defiance years ago. Look forward t oa new game to play in.

2. I hope also that its not just the same game wit ha few new graphics, new music, and fixed up for consoles.