PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the old Defiance after 2050 launch?

Alucardx
04-22-2018, 05:36 AM
Hello,

I couldn't find any news about what happens to the old defiance after 2050 releases.
Do you know anything about that?

RajeeMama007
04-22-2018, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I couldn't find any news about what happens to the old defiance after 2050 releases.

Well...according to a reply I've just seen to a post I had made earlier today, it was stated that "during a live stream, they said the old defiance would still be up and running even after the "new" one releases.".

rebelyell
04-22-2018, 05:51 AM
Well...according to a reply I've just seen to a post I had made earlier today, it was stated that "during a live stream, they said the old defiance would still be up and running even after the "new" one releases.".

thats right because the money is on old efiance this one is just a play test nothing new just 64bit server test game still same as we scroll back to original so they can keep making money. no money in new game . but looked nice .. i had no fun after 8 hours playing so meh ..

rebelyell
04-22-2018, 06:03 AM
ill be glad when what they call beta is over even though thats not beta. so we can back to fun. dang.. we all know whats going to happen thats why we stuck together to keep old defiance simple to make it 64 bit. dont let them fool you.. good news is w dont pay any money on the new game yay .. no need to its all fu -kt up and no way im dumping hundreds or thousands on that lol. thats the good news. :D
rebelyell72

Infinity Eagle
04-22-2018, 06:36 AM
Hello,

I have a question. If trion has trouble keeping One defiance going without lag and disconnects, do you think they can keep two running? I look for defiance 2013 to close within a month or two of 2050 going live. In the stream they said 2013 would be going through the release of 2050, nothing said about After release.

ttoomm
04-22-2018, 06:40 AM
Hello,

Trion will say what thay can to keep people happy till the **** hits the fan.When 2050 has hit past the player bace on def 13 thay will shut old gen down,the cash will look minimal on old gen as the player bace is huge on next gen.Cosmetic items and wepons will stil make them money.The store was not only for rigs.Ther are more people that will part with ther money if it wasn't performance payed loot, fact

RajeeMama007
04-22-2018, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone on this thread! I just thought I'd clear up something. At 11:42AM on a post titled "What is the point of 2050? Why not just upgrade Defiance", I was informed by someone with the ID of LazyAbram that "if i remember correctly and during a live stream, they said the old defiance would still be up and running even after the "new" one releases.". I just thought of informing you all of what I had heard at the time. The important thing is that I received this information from LazyAbram but I have no clue as to where this person got that bit of information from. Thanks.

BeckAltarr
04-22-2018, 08:34 AM
I'd say with in a year, if 2050 is a success, support for D13 will cease. They may still run a server on the consoles as I understand console servers are owned by Sony and MS and not the gaming company so they could continue to host. PC how ever will likely see a sunset.

The PS3 and XB1 are old and very out dated. Both Sony and MS want people to move to the newer systems. D13 wont last forever on them.

Sure there will be the hard core D13 "survivors" who will stick with it, but they are not very many in number. They will one day earn the title "Sunset" as they will be the few who stick it out to the end. Economically there comes a point when keeping the servers up isn't worth the cost and a good number of people would likely migrate to 2050 anyway after it happens.

Alucardx
04-22-2018, 08:35 AM
thanks, RajeeMama007.

I mean, I have no problem to start over again in 2050 because I had not played the old Defiance alot.
The only thing I hope is, that I can keep my Dodge Challenger (pre order of original Defiance) :)

ttoomm
04-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone on this thread! I just thought I'd clear up something. At 11:42AM on a post titled "What is the point of 2050? why not just upgrade Defiance", I was informed by someone with the ID of LazyAbram that "if i remember correctly and during a live stream, they said the old defiance would still be up and running even after the "new" one releases.". I just thought of informing you all of what I had heard at the time. The important thing is that I received this information from LazyAbram but I have no clue as to where this person got that bit of information from. Thanks.
Think about the player count crashing when 2050 releases,the only reason many think the games poping it just for vallor.Trion will try and keep it going only for a cash income.But if ther are no player on a platform why would thay waste ther resource on it when ther its a next gen available to them Where thay can make money for longer.I would say within a year after releases trion will pull the plug.Not sure if ps will keep a bug riddled game .Trion will say that at this moment to keep people calm and thay dont no how successful def 2050 will be.The only way it would stay longer is If 2050 is bugd and riddled with lag and its a flop.

rebelyell
04-22-2018, 10:23 AM
im pretty sure that old defiance isnt going away. we have the major game base staying and if we dont leave there screwed so. keep logging into original defiance. 2050 is way harde with less bebefits anyway.. it really isnt worth the effort unless the game actually worked which it dont. i mean really cant run anything over 1920x1080 just 1 monitor and hell i havent even tried 2 or 3 gpu . what the use im done. they actually dont care even for there own job . why do i care i dont know but i care more than them. is sad