PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of Defiance 2050?

Accensa
04-22-2018, 11:36 PM
I know there are probably countless other threads about this, but I just felt like making my own.

What exactly is the point of Defiance 2050? I've played Defiance for a long time, since launch when it was still pay to play and had a really good time for a month, before quitting only to return last year and maxing out a character to 6k EGO. Defiance itself has a ton of flaws, not to mention gets boring really quickly. The only thing that kept me going was to hit 6K EGO by getting the achievements done, whilst also trying to farm for Jackpots during the events (Which I believe have been removed too?). It just came to a point where it felt pointless playing, since the game had no progression past 6K EGO other than raids maybe, and eventually quit.

So, when Trion announced a "brand new" Defiance game, I got naturally excited yet a little skeptical but still hoped that this new game would be a completely revamped version of the original, with new looks, better UI (Lets all agree, that Defiance has one of the worst UI's), better animation qualities, more options for character, vehicle and weapon customizations etc. you get it.

Decided to launch a gameplay video of D2050, and I immediately paused at the first frame. I'm like "Wait a minute, this is Defiance. This can't be the new game". The video rolled and it felt like I was basically watching footage of the current Defiance. But nope, it was Defiance 2050, or so they claim.
Decided to watch a couple other videos from other channels and just sat there shaking my head in disappointment.

Trion...really? RIFT prime probably did well revenue wise, and you guys thought you could try to mimic the same thing with one of your other IPs in Defiance, throw "2050" at the back of the name and claim it to be a new game when it's clearly not! Defiance has it's flaws, a ton of it, but it's still a game that I enjoyed together with most other players who stuck around to play, while MOST people were basically ****ting all over it.

Not sure if I even wanna try 2050, but I guess I gotta right? Since the old Defiance would be gone and characters transferred over. If that's not the case, even better. I'll just stick to playing the old Defiance.

KevinVonBach
04-23-2018, 05:31 AM
What exactly is the point of Defiance 2050?

"Fresh whale hunting" would be my initial guess.

drackiller
04-23-2018, 06:48 AM

All wise people knows that ;)

Gaige12
04-23-2018, 06:56 AM

Seems like this about sums it up.

iicecube
04-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Mainly for console generation, but in the PC even developer know it and just wanna fish more hunting cash till its dry with no other serious purpose.
On a wish sidenote, if they can tweak lootbox and keys cash shop issue, it might gain again a better fresh start but i doubt it will.