PDA

View Full Version : Biggest issue I had with the new weapon enhancement system

squidgod2000
04-23-2018, 02:48 PM
WTF do all these numbers mean? None of them are explained anywhere in-game (thanks to the still awful, console-based interface). On the inventory screen, each weapon has two (three?) different numbers next to the name. On the enhancement screen, There's a big number in the top left, then a smaller number + another smaller number below that. I have no clue what any of it means.

Razoreddie
04-25-2018, 05:51 AM
Totally with you on this! Granted my time to play this past weekend was limited but I was really lost on the gun numbers and salvage stuff. If someone has a pretty good take on these issues, please post away!

Hexthat
04-25-2018, 06:42 AM
there is a power rating which will effect your over all power rating, a level requirement which says what the minimum level is to equip it..... and ammo out of ammo pool.

boinged
04-26-2018, 05:45 AM
What I'd like to see in the weapon stats (which are a little clearer than the 3 magic numbers) is DPS not just Damage and Fire Rate - or is Damage supposed to represent DPS? I guess also need to take into account Reload, Clip Size for sustained damage but even without that then a DPS figure would be useful to compare two similar weapons.

Now that I think about it, when spending enhancement points it would also be useful to see still see the previous amount or see the increase per point spent. For damage affecting bonuses the overall DPS change would be useful too.

E.g. I have acquired a weapon with Damage, Fire Rate and Recoil bonuses. I enhance and have 10 points to spend. I should be able to know where to put the points to maximise DPS and see if there are diminishing returns or increasing returns (like with passives).