PDA

View Full Version : Just shut down defiance and release 2050 already

DefiancePlus
04-23-2018, 03:20 PM
I'm sitting here thinking about this, 2050 is the upgraded version, they can't or won't transfer data, they have us playing the old version for rewards towards the new version ( the beta as closed yesterday ), it would make more sense to just closed the old defiance ASAP and release the newer version 2050.

I don't even feel like playing the old version anymore lol, knowing that is "out", and 2050 which is merely only a slightly upgraded version ( which is basically the same damn game ) anyway. I'm going to play the old version, but i don't feel like playing it as much anymore. Not sure what the devs are thinking, but their logic seems backwards. shut down the old defiance and just release 2050.

WhiteStrike
04-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Rushing a game is what caused the original Defiance to have so many issues. It's best they take their time to launch D2050.

DefiancePlus
04-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Rushing a game is what caused the original Defiance to have so many issues. It's best they take their time to launch D2050.

Its the same game with the same problems. lol All they have to do is release it and just continue patching/updating/fixing the game like they do with defiance. Not sure why some of yall think 2050 is a brand new game lol, its not. It has the same exact problems. The only thing new about the game is they added some weird looking AA to the character models which is very noticeably on the character selection screen, added some new fonts and layouts, menus, and more shadows.

HotHead
04-23-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm sitting here thinking about this, 2050 is the upgraded version, they can't or won't transfer data, they have us playing the old version for rewards towards the new version ( the beta as closed yesterday ), it would make more sense to just closed the old defiance ASAP and release the newer version 2050.

I don't even feel like playing the old version anymore lol, knowing that is "out", and 2050 which is merely only a slightly upgraded version ( which is basically the same damn game ) anyway. I'm going to play the old version, but i don't feel like playing it as much anymore. Not sure what the devs are thinking, but their logic seems backwards. shut down the old defiance and just release 2050.

HELL NO don't shut down Defiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoodakiss
04-23-2018, 03:33 PM
if you are in so much of a hurry just delete your characters and start a new game in defiance. there's a lot of people that are still enjoying gear and features that won't be included in 2050.

Light Energy
04-23-2018, 05:03 PM
Keeping Defiance 1.0 online does not harm anyone planning to play Defiance 2050.

This feels like someone in 1982 ,who wants to buy the first CD, asking for all cassette tapes to be destroyed.
Why? How does closing down Defiance 1.0 help you when you play Defiance 2050?
It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If you don't want to play Defiance 1.0 and only want to play 2050 ... fine, but don't ask for the service to be closed for everyone else. It's like asking a restaurant to shut when you have finished a meal ... despite there being plenty of other people still eating. :confused: You basically don't give a thought for all the players who want to continue to play Defiance 1.0 :(

I tried the beta, I don't like it that much so far. Yes, it was a beta so the frequent DCs were not a surprise ... nor were the missions I could not complete.
Some bits are better, but the inventory UI seems too cluttered with all these numerical figures everywhere.
Listing 3 figures to 2 decimal places does not make it that intuitive when quickly comparing weapons IMHO.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other classes and things like the medi-bots and turrets.

Several friend's PCs don't seem to be able to run 2050. So they don't have much choice for the moment.
Personally ... at least for the time being ... I would rather play 1.0 and enjoy the weapons I have already built / earned / bought. I like being able to give stuff to friends and new players via trading. I like some of the synergies, I still like the current EGO grid ...

I don't see any reason to take away people's enjoyment of Defiance 1.0 ... not until at least the majority of players have transitioned to 2050. Defiance 2050 is supposed to launch this summer ... but that could be 20th September. And the launch date might get pushed back further, who knows. It seems a bit early to shut down 1.0 - I don't see why players can be given the choice ... at least for a while. 2050 is rather streamlined at the moment.

Many people I have met in Defiance play it because they need a break or distraction or whatever. Like any other past time ... it helps to de-stress. Some people actually rely on Defiance for some social contact etc. Players have invested a lot of time and in some cases a lot of money in Defiance ... so why just take all that away from them?

Chump Norris
04-23-2018, 05:39 PM
Don't do this..

Take your time and make sure 2050 is stable and enjoyable please!

DeathBringer0007
04-23-2018, 06:15 PM
Noooooo! Don't shut down Defiance! I will be playing both of them if not more Defiance than Defiance 2050.

MouSeWiTch
04-23-2018, 06:41 PM
After trying the 2050 Beta, I decided to try Defiance since I haven't played it in ages. I don't know how you guys can even play it with all the visual bugs. Enemies flying across the screen, or frozen in place. I followed a guy to an Arkfall and watched him bug jump out his car 3 times on the way there. I cant even see anyone during the arkfalls. Worst part is I remember seeing these bugs few years back which means they haven't fixed anything. And your saying 2050 is gonna have all the same bugs. It reminds me of Red 5's game Firefall. At a certain point, you just can't play it anymore.

ttoomm
04-23-2018, 06:48 PM
Keeping Defiance 1.0 online does not harm anyone planning to play Defiance 2050.

This feels like someone in 1982 ,who wants to buy the first CD, asking for all cassette tapes to be destroyed.
Why? How does closing down Defiance 1.0 help you when you play Defiance 2050?
It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If you don't want to play Defiance 1.0 and only want to play 2050 ... fine, but don't ask for the service to be closed for everyone else. It's like asking a restaurant to shut when you have finished a meal ... despite there being plenty of other people still eating. :confused: You basically don't give a thought for all the players who want to continue to play Defiance 1.0 :(

I tried the beta, I don't like it that much so far. Yes, it was a beta so the frequent DCs were not a surprise ... nor were the missions I could not complete.
Some bits are better, but the inventory UI seems too cluttered with all these numerical figures everywhere.
Listing 3 figures to 2 decimal places does not make it that intuitive when quickly comparing weapons IMHO.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other classes and things like the medi-bots and turrets.

Several friend's PCs don't seem to be able to run 2050. So they don't have much choice for the moment.
Personally ... at least for the time being ... I would rather play 1.0 and enjoy the weapons I have already built / earned / bought. I like being able to give stuff to friends and new players via trading. I like some of the synergies, I still like the current EGO grid ...

I don't see any reason to take away people's enjoyment of Defiance 1.0 ... not until at least the majority of players have transitioned to 2050. Defiance 2050 is supposed to launch this summer ... but that could be 20th September. And the launch date might get pushed back further, who knows. It seems a bit early to shut down 1.0 - I don't see why players can be given the choice ... at least for a while. 2050 is rather streamlined at the moment.

Many people I have met in Defiance play it because they need a break or distraction or whatever. Like any other past time ... it helps to de-stress. Some people actually rely on Defiance for some social contact etc. Players have invested a lot of time and in some cases a lot of money in Defiance ... so why just take all that away from them?think he was trying to say shut defiance 1.0 to save resource and man power for defiance 2050.There is no fixing defiance 1.0 because the cause of most problems are because thay have added to much data from all the wepons kit that has increase over the fue years.If thay need to keep fixing a problem that will not go thay are just throwing cash down the drain as a business.

Light Energy
04-23-2018, 07:46 PM
think he was trying to say shut defiance 1.0 to save resource and man power for defiance 2050.
There is no need. They already scaled back resources on Defiance 1.0 when Ex Inanis launched.
They spent all that time since June / July 2017 diverting resources into Defiance 2050.
They hired new Dev Team members or moved them from other games / projects to Defiance 2050.

There is no fixing defiance 1.0 because the cause of most problems are because thay have added to much data from all the wepons kit that has increase over the fue years.If thay need to keep fixing a problem that will not go thay are just throwing cash down the drain as a business.
Defiance 2050 started out as an update for Defiance 1.0. It was going to include inventory management improvements etc.
But the update grew bigger and bigger ... until it was no longer backwards compatible ... they made a decision to take the weapon itemisation in a new direction. It reminds me of how new versions of software are released, as opposed to a minor update ... like how Windows Vista was not just an update on Windows XP.

It would be nice if they maintained both Defiance 1.0 and Defiance 2050 ... but I don't think Defiance 1.0 will see many future bugfixes anyway. Trion has already reduced the expenditure on Defiance 1.0.

Warlock2u
04-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Really,Becareful what you wish for!!! Some of us vet players actually like D13 even more, now that we wont be able to port gear.Go play something else till release, if you dont want to play D13. Trion take your time with 2050, most veterans are fine with D13 until 50 is right and ready for release. Besides its the same game just "Re-Imagined" whats the rush ? im speaking for myself and those that are like minded. Trion just keep D13 and D50 running at the same time,just think 2 cash cows are always better than 1

BeckAltarr
04-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Really,Becareful what you wish for!!! Some of us vet players actually like D13 even more, now that we wont be able to port gear.Go play something else till release, if you dont want to play D13. Trion take your time with 2050, most veterans are fine with D13 until 50 is right and ready for release. Besides its the same game just "Re-Imagined" whats the rush ? im speaking for myself and those that are like minded. Trion just keep D13 and D50 running at the same time,just think 2 cash cows are always better than 1

I don't think D13 is a cash cow. I think it was barely sustaining itself which is why D50 is a thing. They see the potential, but understand D13 is flawed and unfixable because of it's limited abililties on the consoles (max 512 ram usage as an example). They can do more, have better A.I. and more engaging content with the new consoles (max 4 gigs ram).

Before 2050 was announced I wouldn't see more than 2 or 3 people in game. Now, it's almost like it was at launch. So the Cash they are bringing in on D13 is likely what is paying for D50's development.

Kosman
04-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Too many people have spent a LOT of RL money on the original version of the game. It would upset too many player. As it is many of the old players have stated they are not going to play the new version. To delete the old game would anger those old players that will remain playing the old game (and continue paying them more money), and open them up to law suits or at a minimum having to return a LOT of money for items recently and not too recently purchased.

Also the new version is not ready yet. To delete the old one would give players of the old version and new nothing to do in the mean time.

There are missions as you know to run that will migrate benefits over to the new version with player migrations (eventually). If you have not completed them all it is beneficial to play the old version still.

Prematurely releasing the Beta (if deemed premature) was not the best idea as it could drive away old players excited to play the new version and prospective new players who will read the negative feedback of which there is always plenty to go around. I am holding positive on the new version as I do believe many of the items brought to their attention were more than likely already known but they wanted to see what else they could possibly capture so they can fix multiple items at once. Often with programming the issues can be resolved in groups, or at least they can group together the items for each team to fix more efficiently. From years of experience I can tell you it is really annoying to keep getting one bug or fix needed at a time only to find the fix for one thing conflicts with something else or could have been resolved when fixing something else.

Warlock2u
04-24-2018, 10:24 AM
I don't think D13 is a cash cow. I think it was barely sustaining itself which is why D50 is a thing. They see the potential, but understand D13 is flawed and unfixable because of it's limited abililties on the consoles (max 512 ram usage as an example). They can do more, have better A.I. and more engaging content with the new consoles (max 4 gigs ram).

Before 2050 was announced I wouldn't see more than 2 or 3 people in game. Now, it's almost like it was at launch. So the Cash they are bringing in on D13 is likely what is paying for D50's development.

I agree,but what im saying is even though D13 isnt what it once was (Revenue Wise) it still makes money. Unless Trion starts taking a loss from D13 after launch of D50, why not have both revenues instead of one ? even though D13 will probably generate far less than in the past. As long as its profitable keep it going. Who knows, D50 may or may not appeal to player base that have been around for years on D13. Maybe wishful thinking on my part,but if i dont like D50, it would be nice to have the option to go back to D13. I enjoy the social aspect of trading mods,gear,weps so on so forth. I think thats the appeal to alot of players , not to mention all the years of grind and effort put into their inventory and scrip. So,if players like D50 play it and if not play D13 at least theres a plan "B". Yes D13 is flawed, I experience some of them daily and have for years but thats almost like part of the Defiance experience isnt it............ Cheers

Tashinka
04-24-2018, 10:28 AM
I don't even feel like playing the old version anymore lol, knowing that is "out", and 2050 which is merely only a slightly upgraded version ( which is basically the same damn game ) anyway. I'm going to play the old version, but i don't feel like playing it as much anymore. Well if you don't feel like playing the old version, by all means shut the game down - self centered much?

Gaige12
04-24-2018, 12:09 PM
The new generation can never wait for anything.

https://images.rapgenius.com/66347c69832bdee15b1fcb99a4b6370c.1000x562x1.jpg

Hexthat
04-24-2018, 12:36 PM
I was told Defiance 1 will continue after 2050 launch...??? IDK

Warlock2u
04-24-2018, 12:53 PM
I was told Defiance 1 will continue after 2050 launch...??? IDK

From what ive read, In devs post from D50 Q&A and various other posts D13 isnt going anywhere. It will continue to run along with D50.

Light Energy
04-24-2018, 02:25 PM
And further to my earlier post ... I forgot to mention that I have seen several "old" players that left the game return ... to earn Valor, work on their Pursuits and so on. It would be a bit of a slap in the face for them if it was shutdown now.

It seems Trion's plan for Defiance 1.0 is to keep adding new pursuits with each event, under "Road to 2050" ... probably until Defiance 2050 launches. I guess they want to keep players playing Defiance, to keep players invested in the game ... to keep player figures from dropping. It seem unlikely they would shut Defiance 1.0 down prematurely.

drackiller
04-24-2018, 02:34 PM
And further to my earlier post ... I forgot to mention that I have seen several "old" players that left the game return ... to earn Valor, work on their Pursuits and so on. It would be a bit of a slap in the face for them if it was shutdown now.

It seems Trion's plan for Defiance 1.0 is to keep adding new pursuits with each event, under "Road to 2050" ... probably until Defiance 2050 launches. I guess they want to keep players playing Defiance, to keep players invested in the game ... to keep player figures from dropping. It seem unlikely they would shut Defiance 1.0 down prematurely.

I think that hes saying to shut it down out of pure spite, nothing else.

ttoomm
04-24-2018, 02:57 PM
I think that hes saying to shut it down out of pure spite, nothing else.i hope it dont anytime soon.Ther is many people that hasn't got the cash for ps4,i will move to def 2050 just for the stability and hopefully lag free servers.But in the future if defiance 1.0 shuts down on console and stays on pc,thay should allow people to transfer ther toon and inventry.If its possible

DefiancePlus
04-24-2018, 04:45 PM
I'm saying to shut the original down, because 2050 is basically the same exact game. So why even bother running the servers and resources , money time for the original anymore, when 2050 is the same freaking game. Especially when they have no intention on transferring our data, characters, etc to 2050.

Whatever you agree or disagree, it doesn't make any sense to keep the original going anymore. Either way we look at it, we have to start all over with 2050.

Quicksilver1492
04-24-2018, 05:24 PM
I'm saying to shut the original down, because 2050 is basically the same exact game. So why even bother running the servers and resources , money time for the original anymore, when 2050 is the same freaking game. Especially when they have no intention on transferring our data, characters, etc to 2050.

Whatever you agree or disagree, it doesn't make any sense to keep the original going anymore. Either way we look at it, we have to start all over with 2050.

They don't need to shut down anything. So, it's a port to current gen with changes to the leveling mechanics and such. So what? Lots of people still play on last gen. So, it makes sense to keep it going. And you don't "have" to do anything. You can choose to start over with 2050, or you can play something else. Get over yourself.

MrHulot
04-25-2018, 04:28 PM
I hope they do NOT shut down Defiance 2013 soon, because I still enjoy playing it. I was looking forward to Defiance 2050, but it sounds like they have eliminated things I like about Defiance 2013, like the EGO system, while giving only vague promises of new content, which is what would make it worthwhile.

If they really have new content, I think they should have delayed the beta until it was ready and tested it then. It would have given the testers something basically positive to talk about.

I still spend a little money on Defiance 2013, because to me, $5 is reasonable to pay for an evenings entertainment once in a while, like a movie ticket. I mostly buy HRs and chip pullers, so I can do more expos and get more out of them.

drackiller
04-26-2018, 02:15 AM

Your way of thinking is flawed at best.
They are not the same game due to the implemented changes. Some people prefer to play the original version, no reason not let them do that, its the players choice.
And old gen console players have every right to keep playing the game they love or whatever reason each one have to keep on playing it.

KNN
05-01-2018, 10:41 AM
But why the developers can't give such a simple answer to cut the debates off?

The question would be, will the two games run parallely so are they going to support both of them?

Logic is that if something is profitable, it shouldn't get removed. D'50 should be treated like yet another game from Trion's bucket, but still, it's only wondering.

It should aim the players with new platforms and not forgetting about players who still uses the old devices.

EmpreyonQueen
05-01-2018, 11:05 AM
I agree with defiance but instead of closing defiance release 2050 to the public within the next week ive played the original defiance since the closed beta on 360 and pc I currently have 19850 ego and full legendary gear I'm 1 of the original 5 closed beta testers left that still play defiance but my time is split and I'm losing my patience

LOVEtheNOOB
05-01-2018, 12:22 PM
I honestly feel the exact same way ... I really want to play this game on my PS4 instead of my PS3.

defiancegame
05-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Well, they stripped Defiance of all the great stuff it had and the 2050 version has none of these things so,... . Nothing makes Defiance different & unique anymore!