PDA

View Full Version : Devs: Valor x EGO x Pursuit Rating confusion

SanCarioca
04-25-2018, 03:53 PM
I'm confused.

Today I completed my first "Road to 2050" pursuit: I killed 500 Volges. The pursuit says it has a 5 EGO rating.

Since I'm already an EGO 6k player (the Old Way), I did not expect my EGO to increase, of course. However, I DID expect my pursuit rating of 1850 to increase. It didn't.

So I'm wondering how Valor will be calculated relating to EGO 6k players... the Valor FAQ says a very cryptical information saying that "Valor will be calculated from ***EGO gained from pursuits***.

QUESTIONS:

1) So, does this mean all of my EGO that was acquired based on XP will NOT count towards Valor Commendations? (I never gained EGO from XP, I was already 6k before that change came along, but I ask on behalf of other users)

2) Are you calculating Valor based on player EGO, Pursuit Rating or "EGO from Pursuits" (This is very confusing to me)

3) Why did my pursuit rating did not increase in the example above? (Looks like the new pursuits are not counting towards pursuit rating)

4) Will a 6k player have any advantage (regarding Valor Commendations) by completing the "Road to 2050" pursuits?

Could a developer enlighten us? Pretty please? All my data is in the footer.

Gingersnapped
04-25-2018, 04:17 PM
To answer the first part, its a visual glitch. Log out and when you log back in your pursuit should say 1855 if you only gained that 5.

SanCarioca
04-25-2018, 10:16 PM
To answer the first part, its a visual glitch. Log out and when you log back in your pursuit should say 1855 if you only gained that 5.

You're absolutely right! Thanks!

Mundy Drudge
04-26-2018, 06:13 AM
1) So, does this mean all of my EGO that was acquired based on XP will NOT count towards Valor Commendations? (I never gained EGO from XP, I was already 6k before that change came along, but I ask on behalf of other users)

Everyone gets ego from xp up to around 4000 ego , then after that it was pursuits to take you to 6k

2) Are you calculating Valor based on player EGO, Pursuit Rating or "EGO from Pursuits" (This is very confusing to me)

As for the second part of your question valor is based on pursuit rating

Question 3 has been answered

4) Will a 6k player have any advantage (regarding Valor Commendations) by completing the "Road to 2050" pursuits?

The only advantage you will have is having more valor to spend in 2050.
I hope this clears up any doubts you have.