PDA

View Full Version : When Founder is Not a Founder. (aka why should I buy the game again???)

Dirtyshadow
04-27-2018, 08:52 PM
A 2050 Founder Pack! Really???

I paid for the game in 2013, pre-ordered with the season pass and tiered rewards key.

While the Valor program is rewarding previous in-game experience and some "unlockable" content (which is not clear to me from reading the FAQ), why should I buy back into this game when I paid for it?

Can Valor program for original players help unlock the classes and other content? Or is valor a token prize?
Why are not O.G. Founders not getting these rewards?

I am confused, how rewarding is the Valor program for original players, cause I am more weary of paying for a game I already paid for. What are you doing to maitain original player retention???

Aliasse
04-27-2018, 09:57 PM
The founder packs at optional.

Celldweller
04-27-2018, 10:02 PM
If you plan on playing the game for any amount of time or becoming a patron it's more than worth it. You're paying $50 for $50 dollars worth of store bits and a bunch of bonus stuff free. No brainer really for most and a good deal but yea this is totally optional.

Elastik Spastik
04-27-2018, 10:49 PM
A 2050 Founder Pack! Really???

I paid for the game in 2013, pre-ordered with the season pass and tiered rewards key.

While the Valor program is rewarding previous in-game experience and some "unlockable" content (which is not clear to me from reading the FAQ), why should I buy back into this game when I paid for it?

Can Valor program for original players help unlock the classes and other content? Or is valor a token prize?
Why are not O.G. Founders not getting these rewards?

I am confused, how rewarding is the Valor program for original players, cause I am more weary of paying for a game I already paid for. What are you doing to maitain original player retention???

As a player that has played from the beginning i know where you are coming from with this. I saw the founders pack last night for first time and thought that are we not founders already? I bought game on release, season passes and other packs that came with it, and all sorts other skins etc. If Trion really had any sense this founders pack would be free for players that had paid for the game and season pass. Especially as we are losing pretty much everything else we earned/paid for, to just play the same game that is an updated console port. If Trion really wanted keep a lot of vet players the way forward would be to either give the paid vets the founders pack for free, as a thank you and a sorry you will lose everything you already paid money for.

Or like at least an 50% discount or something.

BeckAltarr
04-27-2018, 11:18 PM
I'm kind of on the fence with this.

On one hand, this is my second beta for Defiance. D13 and now D50. Maybe there should be a unique title that we get for being in both Beta's. This is a "new" game in the same way a Ford F150 is new the next year. It looks pretty much the same, pretty much the same guts, a few improvements. Or a better example: Iphone. few minor differences from previous generation, but still hasn't caught up to Samsung in over all quality and power but double the price because... apple.

Why "buy" into the game a second time? I appreciate that you can't bring weapons over because the game structure and databases are all different. Titles and vehicles don't seem to be changing other than how they operate, which still needs improvement btw, and shouldn't affect anything, same with outfits that are not going to be handed out as mission rewards anyway.

We are supposed to be able to grind out anything in game that is made available for purchase. That's been a commitment from the start, so everything in the "Founders" pack other than the bits and boosts I can get in game regardless. All the classes will be free and available to all players so what are we really paying for?

$50 for about 7000 bits (guessing the value of the 30 day boost)

On the other hand: The game is F2P so no one is being forced or should feel obligated to buy the founders pack. Chances are those who will are people who would spend cash for bits anyway so really it's a wash. 4 classes are available at launch, but if the other 4 are also available at launch for founders only... that's a plus. We know they will all be available at some point for everyone else so aside from the entitled people who don't want to wait it's a nice perk.

It does help support the game and those of us who have been playing D13 will also have the advantage of Valor Commendations to buy even more items from D13 that we want in addition to perhaps inventory slots, PG, ArkForge or other things. Looking forward to the store. Being the game is F2P it still needs to pay for itself and beyond the D13 purchases over the past few months that I am sure have been covering the development costs, it is not going to be enough and this is a good shot in the arm. The more money Trion has, the more likely they will have the devs patch the D13 beta bugs that are in D50 still. Patch up the foundation of the game.

I understand both positions. I kind of side with both. One side of me feels maybe there isn't enough appreciation for the old players. Some of which have only recently come back after years of absence and feel entitled to stuff they never really earned. I think the Valor system is pretty fair over all as it does try to reward those who have played a lot and invested time into the game as well as those who have supported it financially. D50 is a slightly better version of D13 in many ways in so far of what I have played in the beta. I look forward to new content, story, better bosses, ArkFalls and so on. There is no longer any reason for us to just stand and fill bullet sponges, they have the ability with the new systems to really create dynamic arkfalls and bosses and upgrade mob A.I's.

It does take money, Trion is a business. The founders pack does sound pretty fair in value and nothing in it is really pay to win. Just a bit of a head start which is common and also good for the game/servers as it will help spread out the load with the 3 day head start. This will help reduce crashes and server issues. If they don't balance the experience gain most people with the 3 day boost will be max level in at least 2 classes as well by the time everyone can join so less congestion at the start and more spread out player base.

Being in Canada, it's a $70 purchase. I'm still thinking about it.

Dirtyshadow
04-28-2018, 02:44 AM
As a player that has played from the beginning i know where you are coming from with this. I saw the founders pack last night for first time and thought that are we not founders already? I bought game on release, season passes and other packs that came with it, and all sorts other skins etc. If Trion really had any sense this founders pack would be free for players that had paid for the game and season pass.
Thats the thing thats got me... every other game I have bought and that switched from a paid model to a free2play business model, pretty much did exactly that, they compensated players for buying into their game by giving them boosts and rewards equal or above their initial purchase.

Star Trek Online, Star Wars the Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online, City of Heroes, Secret World, Wildstar... etc that pack is what you would see the paying players getting on the free2play press release months in advance to stop them jumping off game when the servers were switched.

Hell the "Founders Pack" model was created by MMOFPS Firefall and became a popular thing in other games, but they were always for games that started from the ground up to be free2play to being with and started early access betas, of note, besides Warframe nearly every online game that started with a founders pack, died a horrible horrible death.

So I am wondering... I get rewarded for my in-game progress with Valour, but what I am being rewarded for buying the game and DLC???

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 02:49 AM
In this forum and other forums I am seeing a lot of old players turning away from D2050 after seeing this founders pack.

ttoomm
04-28-2018, 03:32 AM
Most games eaven big games are doing this, its not new it just trion is behind. Fortnite top founder bundle is 250$

Ronin9572
04-28-2018, 03:52 AM
So let me get this straight. You buy a Founders pack 5 years ago and got your money's worth. Now your expecting to get the new games FP for free or at a reduced cost? You do realize Trion is in business to make money right? Here's your prize than a title "Entitled whiner". Seriously smh with the ppl in this game, so many should get that title, for sure!

r4in
04-28-2018, 05:27 AM
I would be more inclined to buy Founder Pack if the game actually had new content. So far, it does not. You are pretty much paying again for the same experience. That's a problem.

Honestly, there should be option to buy lower-tier Founders Packs (or equivalents) with Valor.

Jerokhna
04-28-2018, 06:03 AM
So let me get this straight. You buy a Founders pack 5 years ago and got your money's worth. Now your expecting to get the new games FP for free or at a reduced cost? You do realize Trion is in business to make money right? Here's your prize than a title "Entitled whiner". Seriously smh with the ppl in this game, so many should get that title, for sure!

The biggest issue is the Defiance Founders are losing EVERYTHING with Defiance 2050 because of the way the transfer is going to happen... which means the stuff they DID pay money for is now moot. This means that all the effort, time, money put into the game is now null and void and they want us to feel "special" by rebuying what we've already paid for but rebuying LESS of what we've already paid for. You're not realizing all the negatives we are getting for very few positives besides an up-port which for Xbox could've been done anyways with the backwards compatibility program.

SHiftt87
04-28-2018, 06:09 AM
I would be more inclined to buy Founder Pack if the game actually had new content. So far, it does not. You are pretty much paying again for the same experience. That's a problem.

Honestly, there should be option to buy lower-tier Founders Packs (or equivalents) with Valor.

Personally I bought the ultimate founders pack the second I heard it was a thing. With that said, I do 100% agree with you that founders packs should be made available through the valor program. Give us something truly worth grinding towards. The rewards are good enough even in the lower tiers that I'm sure people would grind towards them in valor.

I like defiance so supporting it isn't hard for me so dropping another $50 is not a huge deal to me personally. Again I get both sides. Not to mention purchasing the founders packs to not count towards your purchases for valor commendation. I asked during their live stream yesterday and they said it doesn't, that honestly upset me a bit because I bought it to support their game and yes I am already getting cosmetic stuff from it but I should still earn more valor from it aswell. My 2 cents.

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 06:16 AM
The biggest issue is the Defiance Founders are losing EVERYTHING with Defiance 2050 because of the way the transfer is going to happen... which means the stuff they DID pay money for is now moot. This means that all the effort, time, money put into the game is now null and void and they want us to feel "special" by rebuying what we've already paid for but rebuying LESS of what we've already paid for. You're not realizing all the negatives we are getting for very few positives besides an up-port which for Xbox could've been done anyways with the backwards compatibility program.

Exactly this! If Defiance was a PC only game this would have just been a small update. It is just the same game, with a few changes. It is a game that stuff has already been bought/achieved. Now have to lose nearly all of it and all of our progress.

If it had been a brand new map/story/characters (even though it is set in the future from D13) I'd have been all up for paying for Founders Pack.

But they want me to buy another Founders Pack (also bought the game full price and season pass) that I bought when this game was first released, because now it is in HD?

I am still 2 minds about it though. One half is saying don't do it, you already bought all this **** for a game that you been playing last 5 years, why buy it all again for the same game, this should be free (or chars should been fully transferred warts and all)! Then other half is like but this will support it, you love Defiance and new content will be out for it (will it?) and may be different and not what you expect.

I don't know. I am waiting for a lot more betas first. But as it stands I am with my first bit of this post.

RajeeMama007
04-28-2018, 07:28 AM
As a player that has played from the beginning i know where you are coming from with this. I saw the founders pack last night for first time and thought that are we not founders already? I bought game on release, season passes and other packs that came with it, and all sorts other skins etc. If Trion really had any sense this founders pack would be free for players that had paid for the game and season pass. Especially as we are losing pretty much everything else we earned/paid for, to just play the same game that is an updated console port. If Trion really wanted keep a lot of vet players the way forward would be to either give the paid vets the founders pack for free, as a thank you and a sorry you will lose everything you already paid money for.

Or like at least an 50% discount or something.

Hey, you just knocked Trion's curve ball out of the park there!
See...those breathing exercises came in handy after all, didn't they! :p

PS:
Hey Elastik, if I remember correctly...didn't you initially type "80%" as discount...or am I just imagining here! :confused:

Ronin9572
04-28-2018, 07:43 AM

While I do understand that ppl are upset because they are losing their money and time spent on D13. But Trion isn't moving forward with D13, unless all the unhappy ppl truly come together and get them to continue to support it. I have said this before and I'll say it again, D13 is broken, heavily flawed, and has been exploited many times. If ppl don't want to move on that's their choice, but you might get left behind, that's the reality of the situation. Trion is not asking you to re-buy anything for the new game ( well slightly upgraded and reskinned) and they have included the Valor system, of which they'll never explain to us because ppl would try and exploit it. There are very few games that let you transfer anything for the old game to the new game. They have given legitimate reasons for what they are doing, and I'm sure it's for profit as well, let's not fool ourselves! And that's the problem nowadays, ppl need to feel "special"...

SeraphimNoir
04-28-2018, 07:55 AM
While I do understand that ppl are upset because they are losing their money and time spent on D13. But Trion isn't moving forward with D13, unless all the unhappy ppl truly come together and get them to continue to support it. I have said this before and I'll say it again, D13 is broken, heavily flawed, and has been exploited many times. If ppl don't want to move on that's their choice, but you might get left behind, that's the reality of the situation. Trion is not asking you to re-buy anything for the new game ( well slightly upgraded and reskinned) and they have included the Valor system, of which they'll never explain to us because ppl would try and exploit it. There are very few games that let you transfer anything for the old game to the new game. They have given legitimate reasons for what they are doing, and I'm sure it's for profit as well, let's not fool ourselves! And that's the problem nowadays, ppl need to feel "special"...

What you are saying might be true if this were in fact a new game, its not, the files are the same, the exe is the same, everything is the same with a few "updates", even the bugs are the same. This has nothing to do with feeling "special" it has to do with the PC community especially being bent over. TSW pulled the same thing but at least they had the decency of unlocking the weapon types for existing players. Here we are expected to pay to unlock the "classes" we have always had available to us via the ego system.

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 08:07 AM

Its not the need of feeling special, it is the problem that its pretty much the exact same game. And they are asking for stuff to be bought again so we can have what we had in the same game. Not sure how the valour will work yet though. Is it going to compensate so we can buy all the skins we had? Or you going to get just enough to buy a couple things? Who knows.

As i said in previous post if this was pc onl, it would be just an update. I have indie (from small indie teams/devs) games that have had bigger and free updates for their games, than what this is.

All this is just an update. Nothing more. So we are basically paying for a second founders pack, in the game we had already bought for.

Its like if say, a game came out f2p, you spend Ģ40 on founders pack. Somewhere down line (after playing and spending money from its store) gets this update that changes a few things and very slightly changes graphics. But now they have taken all your progress away and locked things that was already available to you that you bought. And want you to buy it all it again. How well do you think that would go down with its players?

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Hey, you just knocked Trion's curve ball out of the park there!
See...those breathing exercises came in handy after all, didn't they! :p

PS:
Hey Elastik, if I remember correctly...didn't you initially type "80%" as discount...or am I just imagining here! :confused:

I did haha, was a typo.

Gaige12
04-28-2018, 08:12 AM
lol. bitstore hits player for 1000 damage.

pottedfrog
04-28-2018, 08:40 AM
So, you rent a house, and you buy all sorts of stuff to put in it - fridge, cooker, tv etc. You enjoy all your items as you paid for them, but 3 years later, the manufacturers of those items come to your home, put a 'NEW' sticker on them, then say you can either slowly work off some arbitrary time value to be able to fully use these items again, or you can pay up-front again to use most of the features on them instantly.

I wonder what you would do then ?

SeraphimNoir
04-28-2018, 08:44 AM
So, you rent a house, and you buy all sorts of stuff to put in it - fridge, cooker, tv etc. You enjoy all your items as you paid for them, but 3 years later, the manufacturers of those items come to your home, put a 'NEW' sticker on them, then say you can either slowly work off some arbitrary time value to be able to fully use these items again, or you can pay up-front again to use most of the features on them instantly.

Call a lawyer since that is fraud?

EchoOne
04-28-2018, 09:06 AM
The biggest issue is the Defiance Founders are losing EVERYTHING with Defiance 2050 because of the way the transfer is going to happen... which means the stuff they DID pay money for is now moot. This means that all the effort, time, money put into the game is now null and void...
Time and effort is one thing, but do we really know about money yet? Afaik we don`t know how store purchases convert to valor.
Imo the conversion rate just has to be 1:1, if you bought an outfit it has to convert to the amount of valor the same outfit costs in 2050. Not saying it will be like that, but imo that`d be the only clean way to handle it.

Calm like a Bomb
04-28-2018, 09:38 AM

I would do nothing because I would have read Trions terms of use and realized that just like the house I am renting, the items I had bought to fill my house are also only being rented. I own nothing.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/
Refer to 5, 6, & 7

SeraphimNoir
04-28-2018, 09:45 AM
I would do nothing because I would have read Trions terms of use and realized that just like the house I am renting, the items I had bought to fill my house are also only being rented. I own nothing.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/
Refer to 5, 6, & 7

In what place is something you buy to put in your house rented and not owned? If I rented a house I'd love to see the landlord try and take appliances I bought on my own.

Calm like a Bomb
04-28-2018, 09:50 AM
In what place? Trion Worlds. That's why you read contracts so you know the terms and conditions.

SeraphimNoir
04-28-2018, 09:52 AM
In what place? Trion Worlds. That's why you read contracts so you know the terms and conditions.

I was talking about your comment on bought furniture being rented and not your own. Sadly your point on "virtual" items is correct, just rather underhanded the way they are going about it.

Triggered
04-28-2018, 10:54 AM
There are very few games that let you transfer anything for the old game to the new game.

The Secret World changing to Secret World Legends says hi. They let us have all our cosmetics/vehicles (sprints in that game) as well as their form of classes for free. Why you may ask because we paid for the game when it was B2P and they understood people sunk tons of money into the game and kept them afloat through tough times. Hell they even honored the lifetime patron from the original game to the new game.

SHiftt87
04-28-2018, 11:34 AM
The Secret World changing to Secret World Legends says hi. They let us have all our cosmetics/vehicles (sprints in that game) as well as their form of classes for free. Why you may ask because we paid for the game when it was B2P and they understood people sunk tons of money into the game and kept them afloat through tough times. Hell they even honored the lifetime patron from the original game to the new game.

So go play secret world legends then? I honestly dont get why people are upset. D13 is not going anywhere yet. May never go anywhere anytime soon if the majority of the player base sticks with it. D2050 is 100% optional. If you dont like the idea of losing all your stuff or needing to restart or the optional founders packs, then just ignore all of it and keep playing D13. Plain and simple. There is literally no excuse to keep debating it or making arguements if you've already made up your mind that its trion trying to RIP you off.

I enjoy the thought of starting over in a game with a class system, better server stability, future content (that yes we should have got before but didn't but now we are) weapon system changes, vehicles changes (still needs tweaking, they are working on it) more players on the battlefield for arkfalls. It's a no brainer for me. Sounds like sticking to D13 is a no brainer for some of you to. So let's just leave it at that?

Formy Virtueme
04-28-2018, 11:54 AM
The only thing that Trion will listen to is people not migrating to D2KL

Mr Devlin
04-28-2018, 12:00 PM
][/U]
So I am wondering... I get rewarded for my in-game progress with Valour, but what I am being rewarded for buying the game and DLC???

They already said that valor points will be awarded for every dollar that was spent on your account( dlc's,patron,bonuses,etc...). AS far as the initial purchase of the game I don't know.. I suppose they would be able to tell by the code entered for you account if you bought the "basic" game or if you purchased something like the collectors edition (hence spent more $). But I'm not sure if they are doing that.

Ronin9572
04-28-2018, 12:04 PM
Don't want to start over, then stay on the original game. Simple. There is no one twisting anyone's arm to get 2050.

Here's a tissue.

Exactly, this guy gets it!

Ronin9572
04-28-2018, 12:08 PM

Heard of it before, and I'll say the same thing I told that person. TSW is PC only, so tell me a cross platform game that does that?

drackiller
04-28-2018, 12:37 PM
Founders packs are common in free to play games, you donīt need them if you donīt want it, theyīre facilitators.
They also allow to get early access to games.

No oneīs forcing anyone to buy them, itīs a choice that each one has to make.

Lets remember one thing, game is FTP they need to get income from somewhere be it from founders pack or micro transactions.
Donīt really see a problem here.

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Game companies get away with so much already with overcharging at minimum effort. DLC's, remasters, founders stuff, microtransctions the lot.

This is one example, taking everything away and giving you Valour that nobody has any idea about. And recharging for something people have pretty much already paid for (because no matter how you look at it, it is the same game, not a different one, or a sequel, it is the same thing i paid for already).

I actually dont mind stuff like this in some games and if i love a game I will support it, as i have done with D13. Valour points means nothing at the moment to anyone.

As I keep saying, if D2050 was actually a new game I would be so happy with that and I would be supporting as i do love Defiance. But its not. It is the same game. People are allowed to be questioning such things, or do we just bend over and be the sheep?

People have voices and if they don't like something they will say something. There is nothing wrong about that. People may try come in and silence those with a voice, We are all different and we all have our own opinions.

Dont get me wrong, both sides of the arguement are right in their own way, but it doesnt mean we cant say something about how we feel.

Know what, I wouldnt of even minded if the Founders Pack had a discount for those that paid for the game and its season pass etc.

RajeeMama007
04-28-2018, 01:17 PM
People have voices and if they don't like something they will say something. There is nothing wrong about that. People may try come in and silence those with a voice, We are all different and we all have our own opinions.

Dont get me wrong, both sides of the arguement are right in their own way, but it doesnt mean we cant say something about how we feel.

Absolutely!
Just a while earlier, I sent a private message to TwistedEvil after what he said about what I had said on another thread. Herewith an extract of that pm:

"Hi there! I've read your response in reply to mine on the topic "Farewell Defiance". I just wanted to say that I understand your point of view & respect that. Thanks for your input.".

Just to add - We may have our different views on a certain matter but I guess its all for the sake of a game we love & are passionate about. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy debate so long as it doesn't become personal.

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Absolutely!
Just a while earlier, I sent a private message to TwistedEvil after what he said about what I had said on another thread. Herewith an extract of that pm:

"Hi there! I've read your response in reply to mine on the topic "Farewell Defiance". I just wanted to say that I understand your point of view & respect that. Thanks for your input.".

Just to add - We may have our different views on a certain matter but I guess its all for the sake of a game we love & are passionate about. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy debate so long as it doesn't become personal.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with debating about something we care about.

SHiftt87
04-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Game companies get away with so much already with overcharging at minimum effort. DLC's, remasters, founders stuff, microtransctions the lot.

This is one example, taking everything away and giving you Valour that nobody has any idea about. And recharging for something people have pretty much already paid for (because no matter how you look at it, it is the same game, not a different one, or a sequel, it is the same thing i paid for already).

I actually dont mind stuff like this in some games and if i love a game I will support it, as i have done with D13. Valour points means nothing at the moment to anyone.

As I keep saying, if D2050 was actually a new game I would be so happy with that and I would be supporting as i do love Defiance. But its not. It is the same game. People are allowed to be questioning such things, or do we just bend over and be the sheep?

Know what, I wouldnt of even minded if the Founders Pack had a discount for those that paid for the game and its season pass etc.

Explain to me where you are being recharged for anything? D2050 is 100% F2P. This is where the debate goes off track for me. This is not a legitimate arguement since anything paid for is 100% optional.

Elastik Spastik
04-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Explain to me where you are being recharged for anything? D2050 is 100% F2P. This is where the debate goes off track for me. This is not a legitimate arguement since anything paid for is 100% optional.

If you had read the previous posts as to why, its because D2050 is the same game as D13, that we already bought into. D13 was f2p play, but I'd been playing before it was and paid money for it all. All that is changed in D2050, is hardly noticeable update in graphics (pc anyway) and the class system/weapons is slightly different, and servers run a bit better. Other than that D2050 is D13.

And even though some of us already bought into season passes and other account upgrades. We now have to pay for it again, for the same game we been playing for last 5 years.

So it is hardly a founders pack to some of us.

heartbreak_courier
04-28-2018, 03:11 PM
So far, I'm pretty disappointed with the way Trion is handling this so far, even though I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

It would be different, I think, if 2050 was a tangible leap forward in terms of content, but it's exactly the same from everything I've seen so far. Better bones, sure, but it's the same house.

So it's a tough ask to give up all of the stuff I've built up over the years. All of the unique cosmetics that came out when the show was on the air. All of the unique weapons (was gifted And Taxes from LoCarb back in the day). Might be petty, but I feel like it's an especially tough ask because, dang, the stuff the long-time players had to go through with this game. Buying the game at launch as a B2P title, riding out the transition into F2P, riding out increased monetization with arkforge/supreme weapons/expeditions, derezing cars, an auction house that literally broke the game, no chat at launch, Silicon Valley also nearly breaking the game until Trick and the gang solved the issue.

Yeah, the old game will still be there, but will it really? 2050 will be getting the new content if successful, the old game will probably be stuck in the perpetual events cycle until the amount of players doesn't necessitate further server space. Just ask the folks who played Devilian.

It's just a weird situation and I wish Trion would've gotten ahead of this instead of putting a founder's pack purchase in front of me, when I got the collector's edition of Defiance on my shelf.

richardkrainium
04-28-2018, 03:41 PM
it really doesnt surprise me that trion still hasnt figured out what micro means when it comes to micro transactions. if thats a preview of things to come then greed will kill the game and it will become just as unbalanced as it is now.

Ronin9572
04-28-2018, 03:47 PM

I actually do feel the PC'ers got the poopy end of the stick on D50, since many of you don't have to deal with connection issues like many console ppl did especially the PS3 ppl. So I do understand why many of you wouldn't want to bother with D50. I also feel bad Trion dropped the ball on D13 and doesn't appear they will bother with it anymore. While many vets are asking for everything in return to go to D50 and that is a bit over the top. I do believe you should be entitled to a fair share of Valor, but we know how Trion is and how they like to work out their secret formulas, lol. Many of us on console or ones that moved on are looking forward to D50. I can deal with bugs but won't deal with constant dc's and restarts every 5 minutes. Again Trion used words to describe D50 making it sound like it was a new game but this is what we got atm, because this was probably deemed the most cost effective way to make more revenue. We shouldn't bend over or be sheep, but we'd all need a voice and purpose to make changes, unfortunately this community never has and our numbers have dwindled.

Seth Winternight
04-28-2018, 06:06 PM
I started on console and moved on to PC. If this gets more interesting in the coming weeks I might invest. Defiance overall was a story and environment I could get behind, both as a game and a TV show. It's a shame that both died quickly.

Elastik Spastik
04-29-2018, 02:40 AM
I started on console and moved on to PC. If this gets more interesting in the coming weeks I might invest. Defiance overall was a story and environment I could get behind, both as a game and a TV show. It's a shame that both died quickly.

I also started on xbox 360, but then about a few months later I converted to PC. So ended up buying the game twice. I was permanent sick leave whilst serving, due to be med discharged (due to an unforseen disability), also a mate was due to leave too. We played many hours on xbox together when it released when we werent doing anything else. And watched the series. Loved it all. Still do.

It is a shame about tv series. I loved it and was way better than most the series SYFY pulls out. I wish they had carried it on. Though I do feel it could of been more actiony (if actiony is a word). It would of been pretty awesome to carry it on in the game/series related stuff too.

Never know, maybe a D2050 series is in the works but no one is telling ;)

Ronin9572
04-29-2018, 04:28 AM
it really doesnt surprise me that trion still hasnt figured out what micro means when it comes to micro transactions. if thats a preview of things to come then greed will kill the game and it will become just as unbalanced as it is now.

I don't have a problem with MTX's, unless their the blind gambling type. I believe if you want to buy something you can buy that item but really just for cosmetics, titles, or vehicles. I don't like P2W MTX's and they shouldn't be allowed in a F2P game

Heishiro Mitsurugi
04-29-2018, 04:44 AM
Sure can get classes in game, at what chances? like a jp ks or jp rig with shards kinda drop rate? ha nty

Ronin9572
04-29-2018, 06:46 AM
Sure can get classes in game, at what chances? like a jp ks or jp rig with shards kinda drop rate? ha nty

Who knows with Trion, they'll never tell us. Only I have seen/heard on this matter is they can be purchased, but atm cannot remember if it was real money or in game or both. Have to look it up when I get a chance

Vonna
04-29-2018, 12:43 PM
Where do you see the founders packs? I still see nothing in the store for defiance at all. Xbox one

Elastik Spastik
04-29-2018, 01:32 PM
Where do you see the founders packs? I still see nothing in the store for defiance at all. Xbox one

Its on the D2050 website.

Colts87
04-29-2018, 01:46 PM
My two cents: If you call someone that played Defiance before it went F2P, than I guess that makes me a Founder. I also preordered and bought the Ultimate Edition (Carrying Bag and Soundtrack, Hellbug statue...etc) and bought an additional $150ish worth of stuff before I bought my PS4 that winter. So I spent over $300 for a few months of entertainment.

With that said, I'm not looking for anything additional but being able to play some form of Defiance on my PS4. I don't care about Valor or being reimbursed for being a "Founder", I just want to play the game.

I see multiple post stating that "D2050" is the exact same game as "D13" and if that's the case, why not just stick with "D13"? If both options are available and money spent is that important, just stick with "D13". That way you're not losing anything.

Colts87
04-29-2018, 01:48 PM

It's PC only for now. Console Founder Packs will appear in each respective store closer to launch.

Colts87
04-29-2018, 01:51 PM
I also started on xbox 360, but then about a few months later I converted to PC. So ended up buying the game twice. I was permanent sick leave whilst serving, due to be med discharged (due to an unforseen disability), also a mate was due to leave too. We played many hours on xbox together when it released when we werent doing anything else. And watched the series. Loved it all. Still do.

It is a shame about tv series. I loved it and was way better than most the series SYFY pulls out. I wish they had carried it on. Though I do feel it could of been more actiony (if actiony is a word). It would of been pretty awesome to carry it on in the game/series related stuff too.

Never know, maybe a D2050 series is in the works but no one is telling ;)

I also very much liked the TV show and wish it never ended. Very enjoyable.

z900rs
04-29-2018, 01:57 PM
It would be nice to be recognized for pre-purchasing D13. I loved the game myself. I bought xbox 360 and pc versions before F2P conversion. I have been waiting a long time for an xbox one compatible version.

I believe the only true founders are the people who purchased the original D13 version before F2P all others are not founders in my book.

Just my opinion.

I will be playing D50 with my boys once it is launched. We have had some fun this weekend on the beta and I have been watching the series again from the beginning.

Later,
Chris

Elastik Spastik
04-29-2018, 01:58 PM
I see multiple post stating that "D2050" is the exact same game as "D13" and if that's the case, why not just stick with "D13"? If both options are available and money spent is that important, just stick with "D13". That way you're not losing anything.

Whats the point? D13 will not be updated anymore and will soon die out. Just be no point in carrying on.

Colts87
04-29-2018, 02:01 PM
Whats the point? D13 will not be updated anymore and will soon die out. Just be no point in carrying on.

It's still an option until it dies. Just don't put any more money in it.

Ronin9572
04-29-2018, 02:11 PM
It's still an option until it dies. Just don't put any more money in it.

Think that bridge was crossed long ago. I enjoyed it thoroughly until Trion got to greedy and playing on PS3 was rage inducing, lol. It's too bad their just flushing it all away, I know plenty of ppl that still play daily. And whIle I'm trying to look forward to D50, I feel bad for the ppl that still are trying to enjoy D13

Colts87
04-29-2018, 02:18 PM
Think that bridge was crossed long ago. I enjoyed it thoroughly until Trion got to greedy and playing on PS3 was rage inducing, lol. It's too bad their just flushing it all away, I know plenty of ppl that still play daily. And whIle I'm trying to look forward to D50, I feel bad for the ppl that still are trying to enjoy D13

I remember the PS3 version having all kinds of issues when I played, but like you, I still greatly enjoyed playing it.

Ronin9572
04-29-2018, 02:45 PM
I remember the PS3 version having all kinds of issues when I played, but like you, I still greatly enjoyed playing it.

Played for 2 and a half years, and really enjoyed the 1st 2 years. The last 6 months I wasn't having as much fun, arguing with the dev's, moderators, and players in general. Think I was just staying for my friends and the good community(well mostly good,lol). I'll be honest even after the end I'd still consider this a top 10 game of mine, and I've been playing games since Atari 2600...

Colts87
04-29-2018, 04:04 PM
Played for 2 and a half years, and really enjoyed the 1st 2 years. The last 6 months I wasn't having as much fun, arguing with the dev's, moderators, and players in general. Think I was just staying for my friends and the good community(well mostly good,lol). I'll be honest even after the end I'd still consider this a top 10 game of mine, and I've been playing games since Atari 2600...

My time with Defiance ended way too early. I played until I bought my PS4 December (2013). The games I missed the most when I upgraded were Borderlands 2 and Defiance. I got my Handsome Collection (still play daily) and now later this summer I'll have my Defiance.

BeckAltarr
04-30-2018, 04:00 AM
If you had read the previous posts as to why, its because D2050 is the same game as D13, that we already bought into.

While I agree the game is not radically different enough to be called a new game, it is still a different game in some fundamental ways. The weapons system is very different and will have an impact on the overall game play. When we get to the new content it will be a new game. Grid and Shrill are being "re-imagined" as well, let's hope more so than the overall game of D13 - D50.

D13 was f2p play, but I'd been playing before it was and paid money for it all. All that is changed in D2050, is hardly noticeable update in graphics (pc anyway) and the class system/weapons is slightly different, and servers run a bit better. Other than that D2050 is D13.

You can't make this comparison. Nothing changed in D50 as far as cost. It was always F2P. D13 has been F2P longer than it was B2P. Yes for us on P.C. we are getting the short end of the stick. For PS4 and XB1 IT IS A BRAND NEW GAME because it never existed on those platforms. Defiance is a Console to PC port. PC is 1/3 of the equation. Trion clearly did the math and plans to gain more on console than it will lose on P.C.

And even though some of us already bought into season passes and other account upgrades. We now have to pay for it again, for the same game we been playing for last 5 years.

No, you do not. All Season Passes/DLC are included in D50 and all future DLC are going to be free as well.

Let's not forget that D13 isn't going anywhere at the moment and like ALL OTHER MMO's it too will have it's day. More MMO's have come and gone than still remain today. Other than the big 3, WoW, Eve Online and EverQuest the rest pretty much failed, have such low populations as to be deemed non-existent or just went quietly into the night.

If they just announced D13 was being ended, would you demand a refund? Would you feel equally entitled?

That's really what this whole argument is about. People want a refund in the end and they are not entitled to one. As I stated in another post. If you had been paying a $15/m sub that'd be $900 over 5 years. I am willing to bet 98% of the player population of D13 has not spent 1/3 of that in total, including the original purchase of the Ultimate collectors edition. We have gotten better than full value out of D13 if we have spent less than $900 in total.

So it is hardly a founders pack to some of us.

The only thing you got right is the above statement.

You are otherwise Wrong. 100% Wrong.

D50 is FREE TO PLAY = You pay for nothing. Playing D50 costs you nothing. How many times do people have to say this. You are earning Valor Commendations in D13 which will give you access to a special store that will let you buy items for free allowing you to recover some of the things you really want to carry over.

The only thing you can't take with you is your WEAPONS. This is the subtext to the I want a Refund QQ because you can't take your weapons to D50. If you could, they would be useless and people would QQ over that too. Hopefully the new weapons system will be more balanced because D13 is not balanced with weapons because I am running around with a purg and it's the last weapon I'll ever need out side of PvP which is nothing but hackers anyway.

Buying the "founders" pack is OPTIONAL. You do not need to buy it if you don't want to. D50 is still Free to play. The new content will likely happen closer to the end game content. It only takes about 12-16 hours to complete the story line up to Nim Shandu depending on how much you grind side missions and ark falls. Based on the Beta everyone will max out their levels and all classes in under a week and D50 will be the same grind as D13 has been for the last 3000 ego points.

Do we want to argue if the Founder pack is a founder pack? I think 100% of the player base from D13 would agree it is no a founder pack. Defiance was founded 5 years ago. This is a "Upgrade" pack and I would agree it's more of a minor patch when compared with any other game.

Trion's marketing on this has been backwards and misleading to the current player base. Lets break it down. They have all this language advertising D50 to a new market of people/players who have never played Defiance. Clearly they have done the math and deemed that the number of current players vs new players is different enough to use more "enticing" language. Though I do wonder what the backlash will be when those new players see these forums and chat in game and feel there has been a bait and switch perpetuated and that is common with game publishers, NC Soft being the worst.

Perhaps Trion also expects many of the D13 players to stay with D13 and so for a "New Generation" of Ark Hunters it is indeed a "founders Pack" to them.

It's all about how you look at it from a marketing point of view. They have your money already. You can play D13 or D50 and pay nothing more. It wont cost you anything more. You wont get a refund in anything more than Valor Commendations and you can't bring your guns over because they would be broken and not work.

It's ironic all these people are complaining about having to replay content in D50... Isn't that all you do in end game anyway?

Ronin9572
04-30-2018, 06:03 AM
My time with Defiance ended way too early. I played until I bought my PS4 December (2013). The games I missed the most when I upgraded were Borderlands 2 and Defiance. I got my Handsome Collection (still play daily) and now later this summer I'll have my Defiance.

I was WAY late to PS3 and PS4. Actually Defiance was my 2nd game on PS3 just a few months after it went F2P. I just got my PS4 a little more than a year ago, another reason I left Defiance! D13 was exactly the game I was looking for, since I was getting into shooters on console after being on PC for a few years playing RPG'S and RTS's.Just hoping D50 can pan out, because it'll be nice to play till Battlefield 2018 comes out and a few other games I'm waiting on.

Ronin9572
04-30-2018, 06:08 AM
While I agree the game is not radically different enough to be called a new game, it is still a different game in some fundamental ways. The weapons system is very different and will have an impact on the overall game play. When we get to the new content it will be a new game. Grid and Shrill are being "re-imagined" as well, let's hope more so than the overall game of D13 - D50.

You can't make this comparison. Nothing changed in D50 as far as cost. It was always F2P. D13 has been F2P longer than it was B2P. Yes for us on P.C. we are getting the short end of the stick. For PS4 and XB1 IT IS A BRAND NEW GAME because it never existed on those platforms. Defiance is a Console to PC port. PC is 1/3 of the equation. Trion clearly did the math and plans to gain more on console than it will lose on P.C.

No, you do not. All Season Passes/DLC are included in D50 and all future DLC are going to be free as well.

Let's not forget that D13 isn't going anywhere at the moment and like ALL OTHER MMO's it too will have it's day. More MMO's have come and gone than still remain today. Other than the big 3, WoW, Eve Online and EverQuest the rest pretty much failed, have such low populations as to be deemed non-existent or just went quietly into the night.

If they just announced D13 was being ended, would you demand a refund? Would you feel equally entitled?

That's really what this whole argument is about. People want a refund in the end and they are not entitled to one. As I stated in another post. If you had been paying a $15/m sub that'd be $900 over 5 years. I am willing to bet 98% of the player population of D13 has not spent 1/3 of that in total, including the original purchase of the Ultimate collectors edition. We have gotten better than full value out of D13 if we have spent less than $900 in total.

D50 is FREE TO PLAY = You pay for nothing. Playing D50 costs you nothing. How many times do people have to say this. You are earning Valor Commendations in D13 which will give you access to a special store that will let you buy items for free allowing you to recover some of the things you really want to carry over.

The only thing you can't take with you is your WEAPONS. This is the subtext to the I want a Refund QQ because you can't take your weapons to D50. If you could, they would be useless and people would QQ over that too. Hopefully the new weapons system will be more balanced because D13 is not balanced with weapons because I am running around with a purg and it's the last weapon I'll ever need out side of PvP which is nothing but hackers anyway.

Buying the "founders" pack is OPTIONAL. You do not need to buy it if you don't want to. D50 is still Free to play. The new content will likely happen closer to the end game content. It only takes about 12-16 hours to complete the story line up to Nim Shandu depending on how much you grind side missions and ark falls. Based on the Beta everyone will max out their levels and all classes in under a week and D50 will be the same grind as D13 has been for the last 3000 ego points.

Do we want to argue if the Founder pack is a founder pack? I think 100% of the player base from D13 would agree it is no a founder pack. Defiance was founded 5 years ago. This is a "Upgrade" pack and I would agree it's more of a minor patch when compared with any other game.

Trion's marketing on this has been backwards and misleading to the current player base. Lets break it down. They have all this language advertising D50 to a new market of people/players who have never played Defiance. Clearly they have done the math and deemed that the number of current players vs new players is different enough to use more "enticing" language. Though I do wonder what the backlash will be when those new players see these forums and chat in game and feel there has been a bait and switch perpetuated and that is common with game publishers, NC Soft being the worst.

Perhaps Trion also expects many of the D13 players to stay with D13 and so for a "New Generation" of Ark Hunters it is indeed a "founders Pack" to them.

It's all about how you look at it from a marketing point of view. They have your money already. You can play D13 or D50 and pay nothing more. It wont cost you anything more. You wont get a refund in anything more than Valor Commendations and you can't bring your guns over because they would be broken and not work.

It's ironic all these people are complaining about having to replay content in D50... Isn't that all you do in end game anyway?

It's great seeing someone realistic and positive about D50. Alot of negativity and misinformation out there atm. Again Trion's lack of communication is going to hurt them.

SHiftt87
04-30-2018, 08:01 AM
It's great seeing someone realistic and positive about D50. Alot of negativity and misinformation out there atm. Again Trion's lack of communication is going to hurt them.

Basically said the same thing as Beck earlier in the thread. Quoted the same person to. Just said it less eloquently lol.

Most of the hate comes from misinformation which is so frustrating to me because I've watched every second of all the live streams...read the FAQ for 2050 and all that stuff. As much as there wording may be off on some posts. It literally takes one D50 stream they did to have majority of the information everyone is complaining about after finding out once playing the beta if they had no information before going into it.

People will see what they are doing eventually. At the end of the day I'll be happy to play D50, with more people or with less people.

Ronin9572
04-30-2018, 08:32 AM
Basically said the same thing as Beck earlier in the thread. Quoted the same person to. Just said it less eloquently lol.

Most of the hate comes from misinformation which is so frustrating to me because I've watched every second of all the live streams...read the FAQ for 2050 and all that stuff. As much as there wording may be off on some posts. It literally takes one D50 stream they did to have majority of the information everyone is complaining about after finding out once playing the beta if they had no information before going into it.

People will see what they are doing eventually. At the end of the day I'll be happy to play D50, with more people or with less people.

Just looked back and saw that, my bad. Well I'm hoping D50 pans out. Every time I login to beta I see a hand full of ppl saying it's exactly the same as D13. So I'm guessing they never looked into it. With livestreams, streaming, game critics and the forums they should have realized what was going on. Plenty of ppl had already made up their minds before even trying the beta or just after a few minutes of playing. If they don't want to play I can respect that, but so many of these ppl are on the hate wagon and just spreading misinformation. At the end of the day it is what it is, but research and try it than if you don't like it you have that right.

Balthazor72
04-30-2018, 09:27 AM
I did the same thing as you. However, to answer your question: Defiance is the only reason I still have my 360. I have been waiting for the day Defi comes to XB1

Balthazor72
04-30-2018, 09:31 AM
My two cents: If you call someone that played Defiance before it went F2P, than I guess that makes me a Founder. I also preordered and bought the Ultimate Edition (Carrying Bag and Soundtrack, Hellbug statue...etc) and bought an additional $150ish worth of stuff before I bought my PS4 that winter. So I spent over $300 for a few months of entertainment.

With that said, I'm not looking for anything additional but being able to play some form of Defiance on my PS4. I don't care about Valor or being reimbursed for being a "Founder", I just want to play the game.

Did same thing as you. But to answer your question: I still have my 360 because of Defi. I have been waiting for the day Defi comes to XB1

Slooty
04-30-2018, 09:50 AM
I did the same thing as you. However, to answer your question: Defiance is the only reason I still have my 360. I have been waiting for the day Defi comes to XB1

I still have my 360 cause i'm not brave enough to disturb the dust colony which has built up around it.

drackiller
04-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Just looked back and saw that, my bad. Well I'm hoping D50 pans out. Every time I login to beta I see a hand full of ppl saying it's exactly the same as D13. So I'm guessing they never looked into it. With livestreams, streaming, game critics and the forums they should have realized what was going on. Plenty of ppl had already made up their minds before even trying the beta or just after a few minutes of playing. If they don't want to play I can respect that, but so many of these ppl are on the hate wagon and just spreading misinformation. At the end of the day it is what it is, but research and try it than if you don't like it you have that right.

The number of people that knew nothing about the game was odd at best.
And i also believe that at this point people just want to hate for the love of hating.
There are things that have to be changed when the game releases for sure but all in all, i think that this beta was a great experience for the PS4, canīt say anything about X1.

Elastik Spastik
04-30-2018, 11:51 AM

Okay so I have had a good read of your post. The game is hardly different. Apart from a few changes in weapons, classes, UI, EGO, other small changes (some not for the better) and had a touch up in graphics, the game is pretty much Defiance 13. Oh and server stability I believe is better (though I have never really had a problem with it). The content we can't say because we don't know what it is. But if this was a PC only game this would have just been an update. It is not a sequel or a brand new game, it is the same game with some changes. I been playing D13 5 yrs, and have been smashing the beta for 2 weekends now. And I can tell you it is the same car, but parts of the engine has been replaced. That is all there is to it at the moment. And believe me when I say I do hope I am wrong about this in the future.

Why can't we compare it side by side? its not like it is 2 different games. They are 90% exactly the same. I know Defiance is a console to PC port, and even if I was a console player (which I used to be and had Defiance on 360, then converted to PC few months later) I would still not class D2050 as a new game. It is an updated game that can now be played on next gen. And on PC graphics are hardly that noticeable in changes. Just looks a little sharper. And player models and animations are exactly the same. So nothing re-imagined there.

With F2P games there are not many worth playing unless you buy stuff. Don't get me wrong because if D2050 was a huge leap forward or actually was a brand new game, then I'd be all for it and over the moon.

D13 will not be worth playing after D2050 will release, as it will just end up in maintenance mode and not be updated. It will all be going into 2050. I play Elder Scrolls Online, and it is very far from failure.

I am not asking for a refund, that is not what this is about, I never once asked for one. This is about a game that had a little update, and people are classing it as a NEW GAME. It is not. It is D13 updated. There is nothing more to it.

Even though we get valour (which we have no idea about) and inventory slots we bought and other bits, we lose all skins and what not, that was bought, I am not even bothered about weapons or progress gone (can you imagine the stink something like this would cause in the bigger MMO games though?).

So now D13 is getting and update, and even though we bought whatever account upgrades, we have to pay another Ģ40 to get it again, because apparently it is a brand new game (though I could put it side by side in a video and all can see just how different it actually isn't). That is what it is about. Its about paying for the same upgrade again for the same game. Yes it is optional, but then that also restricts gameplay somewhat.

So no I am not 100% wrong (though maybe in your eyes), and I do get why it is happening. Like I have said in a previous post. Both sides of the debate are right in their own ways.

On the one hand (console) it is new and its coming to next gen yay, then on the other (PC) its like, what? this it? This could have just been updated when ready. Could have just tried it on a separate test server (like a lot of PC games do these days). I watched the streams and read and researched. Played beta for 2 weekends. So I knew, I just expected it to be a much much better leap forward than this.

Anyways I have passed this stage and come to terms that it won't change now and it is what it is (but as a PC player it still feels like a little kick in the balls). And trust me, I do love Defiance and chances are I will buy the Founders Pack, because it is Defiance and I dont want to stop playing. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about the whole situation though and how Trion have gone about it. But I will get over it :)

Happy Arkhunting!

Fasthideous
04-30-2018, 11:54 AM
This isnt a new game... Its the same game ported over to xbox one....i bought the game day 1 the box set collectors edition actually...so jump sown his throat for not wanting to pay...whats funny is that the game has never really made it out of beta.. You got crit out all the time... Gerneric character models and poor fps when more then 10 people near you...so dont see how they can justify claiming this is a new game... Cause its not...i plan on playing if all my unique skins are porting over and vehicles that i obtained through promos and my collectors edition purchase, as well as my huge expanded inventory and character slots.

Colts87
04-30-2018, 12:39 PM
This isnt a new game... Its the same game ported over to xbox one....i bought the game day 1 the box set collectors edition actually...so jump sown his throat for not wanting to pay...whats funny is that the game has never really made it out of beta.. You got crit out all the time... Gerneric character models and poor fps when more then 10 people near you...so dont see how they can justify claiming this is a new game... Cause its not...i plan on playing if all my unique skins are porting over and vehicles that i obtained through promos and my collectors edition purchase, as well as my huge expanded inventory and character slots.

I'm confused. If I felt this way about any game, I would not waste my time or money on it. Seems like a waste to do either.

Quebra Regra
04-30-2018, 01:36 PM
pretty insulting to lock content that we already paid for, and a minimaly modified (wouldn't even call it a remaster) game. The suggestion that it's "new" or even "re imagined", and that we should pay, and pay again for a "founders pack" is insulting.

DONE.

#chutzpah

drikpic
04-30-2018, 01:43 PM
even if the so called "founders pack" was named something different people would still complain nonetheless.

Elastik Spastik
04-30-2018, 01:45 PM
even if they so called "founders pack" was named something different people would still complain nonetheless.

It could have been called anything. Its what it contains.

drikpic
04-30-2018, 01:49 PM
It could have been called anything. Its what it contains.

Yeah, contains a nice headstart to D2050 for the people willing to buy it.

drackiller
05-01-2018, 04:15 AM
Yeah, contains a nice headstart to D2050 for the people willing to buy it.

This here, no oneīs forcing anyone to buy this stuff, this is just to give an head start for the ones willing to spend money on it.
They already said time and time again that we can unlock everything by just playing the game.

I will not buy it because i donīt think 3 days for an head start are worth it.
If the game stayed in beta till launch, like many other games did/do on PS4, i would be willing to spend that money to start playing early, but not for 3 days. Rather wait and play it free, if the game stays playable server wise and enjoyable iīll find a way to help and support the game.
But keep in mind that giving them money is an option that you have , no oneīs forcing anyone.
Founders pack is just to play with players personal egos.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 05:11 AM
This here, no oneīs forcing anyone to buy this stuff, this is just to give an head start for the ones willing to spend money on it.
They already said time and time again that we can unlock everything by just playing the game.

I will not buy it because i donīt think 3 days for an head start are worth it.
If the game stayed in beta till launch, like many other games did/do on PS4, i would be willing to spend that money to start playing early, but not for 3 days. Rather wait and play it free, if the game stays playable server wise and enjoyable iīll find a way to help and support the game.
But keep in mind that giving them money is an option that you have , no oneīs forcing anyone.
Founders pack is just to play with players personal egos.

As I said in a previous post I am probably going to get it, as you do get a lot of bits with it which will end up buying anyway. The urge to want to play Defiance way overwrites the urge not to.

Like when Star Wars BF2 came out, I knew there was micros (and pay to progress). And as much as I hated what they were doing, the urge to want to play it over wrote the urge to not want to play it, because its Star Wars and I am a massive SW geek.

Same as i love Defiance, I just give in to the urges, no matter how I feel. I need help.

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 05:20 AM
Like when Star Wars BF2 came out, I knew there was micros (and pay to progress). And as much as I hated what they were doing, the urge to want to play it over wrote the urge to not want to play it, because its Star Wars and I am a massive SW geek.

I know these feels.

Truth be told, I'm a big fan of their progression overhaul in Battlefront 2 now.

ttoomm
05-01-2018, 05:34 AM
It's PC only for now. Console Founder Packs will appear in each respective store closer to launch.will the founder pack be available in beta and launch?I would get my at launch because i think the devs said that all beta progress will be wiped before launch.Was said in the last live stream last Friday.

drackiller
05-01-2018, 05:49 AM
As I said in a previous post I am probably going to get it, as you do get a lot of bits with it which will end up buying anyway. The urge to want to play Defiance way overwrites the urge not to.

Same as i love Defiance, I just give in to the urges, no matter how I feel. I need help.

Just the part where you get all those Bits makes it worth wile.
You made me think again about it.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 06:28 AM
I know these feels.

Truth be told, I'm a big fan of their progression overhaul in Battlefront 2 now.

It was an awesome game anyway, but progression is what it should have been at launch. Is soooo much better now.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 06:32 AM
will the founder pack be available in beta and launch?I would get my at launch because i think the devs said that all beta progress will be wiped before launch.Was said in the last live stream last Friday.

Whether you buy it now or not, it wont activate until launch.

ttoomm
05-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Whether you buy it now or not, it wont activate until launch.ty for the info.

ttoomm
05-01-2018, 06:39 AM
Had a look at it.34 English pounds is a bargain.Not expensive at all. Thats 2 meals out for me and the miss, lucky to get a drink.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Had a look at it.34 English pounds is a bargain.Not expensive at all. Thats 2 meals out for me and the miss, lucky to get a drink.

Where is it Ģ34? Says Ģ38.49 on my screen.

Ronin9572
05-01-2018, 07:12 AM

I wasn't bothered with Battlefront 2's MTX. But with all the rage and complete greed of EA thinking they were going to get away with it I was kinda turned off. The progression system, guns and limited maps not to mention no browser or mic's kinda bites as well. I'm happy the progression system is where it should have been from the start, but thanks to EA's stubbornness we're having to wait longer for the things we should have already had. I'm still having an issue getting back into the game

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 07:17 AM
I wasn't bothered with Battlefront 2's MTX. But with all the rage and complete greed of EA thinking they were going to get away with it I was kinda turned off. The progression system, guns and limited maps not to mention no browser or mic's kinda bites as well. I'm happy the progression system is where it should have been from the start, but thanks to EA's stubbornness we're having to wait longer for the things we should have already had. I'm still having an issue getting back into the game

It is worth the wait though as the game is so much more enjoyable, and also has a better sense of achievement now that you earn xp for the class you actually play as.

drackiller
05-01-2018, 07:30 AM
You know that this whole thing around loot crates triggered lots of reactions around the world.

It`s actually a crime for any gaming company to sell loot crates in Belgium.
What do you think that itīs going to happen in a very near future n the rest of EU countries?

I`m not against micro transactions when you know what youīre buying.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 07:39 AM
You know that this whole thing around loot crates triggered lots of reactions around the world.

What do you think that itīs going to happen in a very near future n the rest of EU countries?

I am not against micros (and if I love a game I will buy stuff), especially as games cost a lot more money to make these days than they used to (and I been playing games since mid 1980's so I grew up watching them advance through the decades). Though I think loot boxes will eventually be banned and you just buy what you want. That way companies can not be accused of gambling etc.

Ronin9572
05-01-2018, 07:49 AM

I feel the same way. I don't mind them at all, as long as their not the "gambling" type. This has plagued the gaming industry for some time, and Trion was a big culprit on this issue.

KNN
05-01-2018, 08:44 AM
I was talking about your comment on bought furniture being rented and not your own. Sadly your point on "virtual" items is correct, just rather underhanded the way they are going about it.

Things works slightly same with real stuff people buy. They're programmed (or have some part vulnerable) to "blow up" after the guarantee expires (usually 2-5 yrs), so you have to buy the new, Sadly.

More here for the ones who don't believe.
https://www.trustatec.co.uk/blog/planned-obsolescence/

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 08:45 AM
It is worth the wait though as the game is so much more enjoyable, and also has a better sense of achievement now that you earn xp for the class you actually play as.

100% agreed

Dirtyshadow
05-04-2018, 12:06 PM
This here, no oneīs forcing anyone to buy this stuff,
I hate that phrase, the fact a microtransaction exists is enough to say "Whats the penalty for NOT buying it"... "What is the stick or carrot to force my purchase" is it balanced? is it rewarding? I don't know enough to make an informed consumer choice...

So the question is if this is the "Founders" what is the actual rewards retrievable for "Valour". I previously paid for this game, so as stated, what return value do I get from previous investment!

The lack of detailed and specific ingame information on what existing and returning players get for their Valor and previous investment is the issue I have with the Founders pack.

this is just to give an head start for the ones willing to spend money on it.
How much of a head start is worth $50?
And what headstart can I buy with my Valor rewards (tokens)?

When a game goes free2play, it usually documents in-game rewards and refunded value in detail to convince existing users to stay, and previous users to return to the launch. Valor hasn't been explained that enough to encourage me to be excited for this re-release or the founders.

Can I unlock the classes with Valor?
What can I trade my Valor for?

drackiller
05-04-2018, 03:03 PM
I hate that phrase, the fact a microtransaction exists is enough to say "Whats the penalty for NOT buying it"... "What is the stick or carrot to force my purchase" is it balanced? is it rewarding? I don't know enough to make an informed consumer choice...

So the question is if this is the "Founders" what is the actual rewards retrievable for "Valour". I previously paid for this game, so as stated, what return value do I get from previous investment!

The lack of detailed and specific ingame information on what existing and returning players get for their Valor and previous investment is the issue I have with the Founders pack.

How much of a head start is worth $50?
And what headstart can I buy with my Valor rewards (tokens)?

When a game goes free2play, it usually documents in-game rewards and refunded value in detail to convince existing users to stay, and previous users to return to the launch. Valor hasn't been explained that enough to encourage me to be excited for this re-release or the founders.

Can I unlock the classes with Valor?
What can I trade my Valor for?

There is one simple way to see this, you can just wait for the game to launch and buy what ever is available on the valor store.
After that, if youīre not in a HURRY to start the game 3 days early (iīm not), after you see whatīs in that store you can decide if the founders pack is a good deal or not.

Really man, everyone will have a different point of view on this matter and no one is right or wrong. People just have to decide whatīs best for them.

Seth Winternight
05-04-2018, 04:20 PM
What is most important to discern, is if you want the founder's pack or not. If you don't then there's no harm, if you do then there's no harm in it either (asides from your wallet :P). Every decision that any games company makes, on any aspect of a game including micro-transactions, is not going to appeal to everyone.

Dirtyshadow
05-04-2018, 07:37 PM
What is most important to discern, is if you want the founder's pack or not.
What is most important to me is to discern, is if I NEED the founder's pack or not.

What are the specifics on Valor rewards, cause I see that as the founder system, cause its rewarding Original players, original purchases and gameplay time/progress... but its still a mystery currency for mystery purchases.

When games go from a different model to a free2play model, I usually find they are more clearer on this... especially before they start selling you stuff. I need to more about whats in the game?

Can I use Valor to buy the Demolishinist class?
or what does it buy?
Does Valor undervalue the benefits of the Founders pack? or does the Founder pack have unique values?

stoodakiss
05-09-2018, 01:27 AM
it is amazing how people are acting like they deserve the world for buying in on defiance and want the world in 2050 which is a free to play game. that was 5 years ago, trion needs that new money.

SeraphimNoir
05-09-2018, 01:37 AM
it is amazing how people are acting like they deserve the world for buying in on defiance and want the world in 2050 which is a free to play game. that was 5 years ago, trion needs that new money.

Like with all things, maybe they should earn it then? And by earn it I mean communication, and a stable product. Neither of these have been seen so far by Trion.

TravelersWay
05-09-2018, 02:38 AM

I'm sort of looking at it from this perspective. As a vet of this game, I really don't have a problem with any of the packs as they stand. I'm more on the fence of whether or not to play 2050 at all as a vet. If my experience in the two beta weekends had really captivated me and brought me in, I would have considered buying one of the packs. However, as pointed out in this post (and many others), we're not getting anything really new at the outset here.

We're essentially being sent back to square one to play the same game we've been able to play for 5 years now, albiet with some enhancements and other changes (which may or may not be an improvement at all, depending on your point of view). What's holding me back at the moment is my complete aversion to having to re-grind all reputation from scratch, as well as all those old pursuits for time trials, et al. that weren't really fun to try to complete the first time.

Now, if those founder packs gave us the ability to boost reputation and provide auto-completion for our pursuits, then I would be all over that in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even mind starting at EGO level one and just grinding back up to 6000 at that point by playing through the mission story-lines again - because those were the fun things to do. They would just simply have to untie EGO progression from the pursuit system - which, imho they should do anyway since the pursuit system is more or less an achievement system and (as Defiance was originally designed) the EGO system was just a way of showcasing how many achievements you had completed. Since the EGO system is more level progression based now, it should have nothing to do with the achievement system, and only reflect your progress through the story and the skill tree.

Elastik Spastik
05-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Would love to keep pursuit progression. Having to grind all that again is tiresome.

passe
05-09-2018, 11:47 PM
People who have bought the game in 2013 are not anymore important than any other active players. Should I start also crying that I have spent thousands probably in the bit store, and played over 7500 hours this game? NO! That would be just selfish and greedy. It tells more about the person than TRION.

passe
05-10-2018, 12:03 AM
Also crying about your transfers is very petty. Its the same as you would cry that you cant take your stuff from Final Fantasy 7 to FF8... OR old God of War to new God of War.. OR Destiny 1 to Destiny 2.... Original Defiance will be staying up and running. You do NOT have to start 2050 if you dont want to. Some Valor and few transferring things are only bonuses you get if you want to play this other game too. It is a whole another game. Why would you get to transfer all your stuff and history from Defiance to the new one? They are different games. Would your step-brother be required to love you and be your best friend just because he was born from the same parent than your other loving ff brother? Of course not. Guy let trion do their work, and enjoy the game. It will be good if you just give it a chance. Dont judge it when you havent even seen the full game yet, or what its like, and especially the Valor-system. We have to enjoy the good things, and not only cry about the bad things, and especially not trying to find more those bad things out of our own selfishness. Lets give Defiance 2050 a chance, and make our opinions AFTER we see the full game and how the Valor program works... Even then the game is still the same as a small human baby. We cant judge a baby for having a bad personality. We have to let it grow, and evolve. Not a single thing on this planet is perfect at first. I did not play 2050 BETA but I have faith in TRION and will give full game an unbiased chance when it comes out. And yeah we have to always keep in mind that it is an evolving game. Old Defiance was not perfect either. It has grown to be the game what we all love. Same will go for the new Defiance.

Elastik Spastik
05-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Also crying about your transfers is very petty. Its the same as you would cry that you cant take your stuff from Final Fantasy 7 to FF8... OR old God of War to new God of War.. OR Destiny 1 to Destiny 2.... Original Defiance will be staying up and running. You do NOT have to start 2050 if you dont want to. Some Valor and few transferring things are only bonuses you get if you want to play this other game too. It is a whole another game. Why would you get to transfer all your stuff and history from Defiance to the new one? They are different games. Would your step-brother be required to love you and be your best friend just because he was born from the same parent than your other loving ff brother? Of course not. Guy let trion do their work, and enjoy the game. It will be good if you just give it a chance. Dont judge it when you havent even seen the full game yet, or what its like, and especially the Valor-system. We have to enjoy the good things, and not only cry about the bad things, and especially not trying to find more those bad things out of our own selfishness. Lets give Defiance 2050 a chance, and make our opinions AFTER we see the full game and how the Valor program works... Even then the game is still the same as a small human baby. We cant judge a baby for having a bad personality. We have to let it grow, and evolve. Not a single thing on this planet is perfect at first. I did not play 2050 BETA but I have faith in TRION and will give full game an unbiased chance when it comes out. And yeah we have to always keep in mind that it is an evolving game. Old Defiance was not perfect either. It has grown to be the game what we all love. Same will go for the new Defiance.

Just so you know. Its not a new or different game. It is the same game updated so next gen consoles can play it. But it is the same game. Its not a sequel or anything like that. It is D13 updated with a few changes.

RajeeMama007
05-10-2018, 01:58 AM
Just so you know. Its not a new or different game. It is the same game updated so next gen consoles can play it. But it is the same game. Its not a sequel or anything like that. It is D13 updated with a few changes.

My point exactly!
I believe the reason players are pushing for transfer is due to 'IT IS THE SAME GAME HERE AND WE HAVE PUT MANY HOURS INTO D2013'.

@ passe - Hi there! I've read your comments; some of them, a bit harsh I felt. But you do make some valid points & I can understand where you're coming from with what you're saying. But it is also important to realize that D2050 will NOT over time, evolve into a NEW/DIFFERENT game. Hence, players asking for the transfer.

Elastik Spastik
05-10-2018, 02:45 AM
My point exactly!
I believe the reason players are pushing for transfer is due to 'IT IS THE SAME GAME HERE AND WE HAVE PUT MANY HOURS INTO D2013'.

@ passe - Hi there! I've read your comments; some of them, a bit harsh I felt. But you do make some valid points & I can understand where you're coming from with what you're saying. But it is also important to realize that D2050 will NOT over time, evolve into a NEW/DIFFERENT game. Hence, players asking for the transfer.

They would be valid if it was a totally new game and then people were complaining and stuff. But everyone would be happy starting from scratch because it'd be different. I dont think he realises D2050 is D13. And if it was just on PC this would have just been an update. If it was just PC, I think there would have been more of an uproar about losing all progression though just for an update.

Which is why it is a bit of a ball ache for PC players, and I know even some console players feel the same way. But I totally understand they want to bring it to next gen too.

KevinVonBach
05-10-2018, 04:55 AM
Its the same as you would cry that you cant take your stuff from Final Fantasy 7 to FF8... OR old God of War to new God of War..

Except it's NOT the same, you're referring to single player games... and really old ones, no less.

OR Destiny 1 to Destiny 2....

A much better comparison, you're talking about multiplayer/"MMO" games.

Ronin9572
05-10-2018, 05:20 AM
They would be valid if it was a totally new game and then people were complaining and stuff. But everyone would be happy starting from scratch because it'd be different. I dont think he realises D2050 is D13. And if it was just on PC this would have just been an update. If it was just PC, I think there would have been more of an uproar about losing all progression though just for an update.

Which is why it is a bit of a ball ache for PC players, and I know even some console players feel the same way. But I totally understand they want to bring it to next gen too.

I really think titles, vehicles, and cosmetics should be transferred over. I believe Trion changed the weapons, shields, and Ego tree and is introducing classes to be like other games and so they wouldn't have to transfer gear over. I've said it before I think PC players are getting the poopy end of the stick(probably 1st time ever in a cross platform) as D50 is more of a current gen slightly updated version. I really think Trion is banking on current gen players to be the main draw to the game. I believe Trion is pretty much wiping their hands of D13 with all the changes to D13 over the last year. Sure it will probably stay active on PC, but let's face it last gen consoles days are numbered and their stability is terrible. I don't know how ppl are still playing this especially on console

Jafobss
05-10-2018, 05:23 AM
So we get Valor point for the new SHINNEY update. its a 1 valor to 1 USD spent. That all well. But let say you bought a outfit for 5 bucks. You get 5 Valor. You login to find that said outfit is now 10 Valor? This is my concern as Trion has been known to pull some real shady stuff in the past.

Ronin9572
05-10-2018, 05:32 AM
So we get Valor point for the new SHINNEY update. its a 1 valor to 1 USD spent. That all well. But let say you bought a outfit for 5 bucks. You get 5 Valor. You login to find that said outfit is now 10 Valor? This is my concern as Trion has been known to pull some real shady stuff in the past.

Yup, you are so right! But their never going to tell us what the conversion rate will be, and like you said they could just change the prices on things. Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Xeifer
05-10-2018, 06:52 AM
It's transparent what Defiance 2050 is all about. It's about bringing the game to the new generation of consoles and bringing new players in. Existing players aren't the priority. That's ok I can live with that. But offering a discount on the new founders packs to existing founders would have been a nice gesture. A way of acknowledging and thanking people for their past support and creating some good will rather than the bitterness the founders pack has caused some players to feel.

Ronin9572
05-10-2018, 06:56 AM
It's transparent what Defiance 2050 is all about. It's about bringing the game to the new generation of consoles and bringing new players in. Existing players aren't the priority. That's ok I can live with that. But offering a discount on the new founders packs to existing founders would have been a nice gesture. A way of acknowledging and thanking people for their past support and creating some good will rather than the bitterness the founders pack has caused some players to feel.

Your right, but this is Trion we're talking about...

Martimus
05-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Would it been better for everyone if they had just made Defience backwards compatable? then nobody loses anything. Or you think they're hoping we all just buy everything again, passes, dlc, cosmetics etc lol

Elastik Spastik
05-10-2018, 08:04 AM

I have said this before (prob in this thread somewhere). But it won't happen.

drackiller
05-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Just so that people know and be aware that itīs possible to transfer chars between platforms.
I donīt know if with all the "changes" they are doing makes old Defiance incompatible with 2050 but cross platforms chars transference is quite possible since almost the beggining of the game.
Trion just have no interest in it.
Iīm probably not the only one that had is char from PS3 or Xbox transferred to the PC PTS.
On a mass scale they say that itīs very hard to acomplish cause right now (4 years ago to me) they have to transfer the chars manually.
But itīs possible.

Elastik Spastik
05-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Just so that people know and be aware that itīs possible to transfer chars between platforms.
I donīt know if with all the "changes" they are doing makes old Defiance incompatible with 2050 but cross platforms chars transference is quite possible since almost the beggining of the game.
Trion just have no interest in it.
Iīm probably not the only one that had is char from PS3 or Xbox transferred to the PC PTS.
On a mass scale they say that itīs very hard to acomplish cause right now (4 years ago to me) they have to transfer the chars manually.
But itīs possible.

It was only a few months after the release Defiance, that I converted from 360 to PC. I asked if I could transfer my char, but they had said they can't transfer it. Was pretty early on though so I wasn't all that fussed. Just thought I'd ask and try.

drackiller
05-11-2018, 12:26 PM
It was only a few months after the release Defiance, that I converted from 360 to PC. I asked if I could transfer my char, but they had said they can't transfer it. Was pretty early on though so I wasn't all that fussed. Just thought I'd ask and try.

They tranferred my main PS3 char to the PTS around 2014, so itīs doable.

Losobal
05-11-2018, 04:34 PM
What bothers me is that the founders packs give an appearance of 'content locked by money'.

Unlock classes. That stuff bothers me, wait...if the basic founder's pack unlocks classes, does that mean the game otherwise forces you to grind whatever the crap newbie class you don't get a choice with (presumably assault) before you can get to the other classes? OR pay 20 bucks for Demolitionist, which also implies its above and beyond the 4 basic classes. Probably some crazy thing like, "you must grind 4 basic classes before opening demonlitionist without money'.

I dislike the 'ooh exclusive outfits thing' because its not. You'll get a reskin of some other outfit. Great, but so will everyone else. its not even a 'make your own color palate' thing, I mean like the valor example, "ooh, you can get the exclusive Red armor, that everyone else using valor, which is practically anyone who doesn't start Defiance 2013 a week before 2050 starts, will have."

The overall ridiculous thing is probably how they intended the 50 buck pack. Basically? You're buying bits. 50 bucks worth, and everything else is of so little real value they're willing to make ALL the REST of it free with that 50 buck-bit-pack. I feel sorry for anyone that buys either 20 buck pack, since they've so heavily loaded the 'value' in the 50 buck one, which makes the forced choice obvious. So ultimately, Trion is saying, we don't want you to F2P, we want you to drop 50 bucks. They're also saying, "You're kind of an idiot if you buy one of the 20 dollar sucker packs".