PDA

View Full Version : I HATE it when...

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I keep running into minor system bugs that I feel will go unnoticed by the vast majority of Defiance players across all systems. I feel that I could submit a report on each of these bugs and because they are so small they will be ignored. So I needed to vent my frustration and there is no rant forums so I figured here was as good a place as any. If you have your own frustrations to vent about Defiance feel free to post.

I HATE it when I am racing and I crash into an invisible house/hut... Or set of useless tires or generator for that matter.

I HATE it when I am racing and I restart the race and it says "3..............1, GO!"

I HATE it when I am racing and it starts the timer and the race hasn't begun.

I HATE it when I am racing and it starts the race before spawning a vehicle and allowing me to get on.

I HATE it when I am racing and I finish the race with the timer at 1:50 and then the prize screen says 1:52: Silver Prize

I HATE it when I start up the game and my smg appears to be close to skilling up only to switch weapons and come back to find it is only half way there.

I HATE it when I buy a vehicle from a vendor because it has better stats than what I have only to see that it is actually worse than my current vehicle.

rory101airborne
04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow....erm buy a racing game? Joking...maybe?!

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Ha I love racing games, just been trying to do the pursuits for "hell on wheels" and the black dodge but I can't because of too much lag, system bugs, or something else irritating me to the point I throw my controller and do something else. It's also not just the races in Defiance that are bugged, I run into tiny system bugs that will probably be ignored forever every time I log onto the game.

defiant_arkhunter357
04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
lol i've had a run in with those bugs. there be times when i'm driving through the fields or hills and i crash into something invisible, wait about 3 seconds and a house, hut or fence pops out of nowhere blocking my path. i hate it but sometimes it's pretty funny when it happens.

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I have gotten used to it when traversing the hill sides but when I am doing the racing pursuits it aggravates me. So I decided to skip them for now and do some story line. I am currently stuck in an empty, enclosed room, with perfect internet, no lag, and the boss I am supposed to be fighting, Nim Shandu, is no where to be seen. I beat him the first 2 times and then got a cinematic and then game didn't load properly so I got stuck inside the boss room with no boss to fight.

defiant_arkhunter357
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I have gotten used to it when traversing the hill sides but when I am doing the racing pursuits it aggravates me. So I decided to skip them for now and do some story line. I am currently stuck in an empty, enclosed room, with perfect internet, no lag, and the boss I am supposed to be fighting, Nim Shandu, is no where to be seen. I beat him the first 2 times and then got a cinematic and then game didn't load properly so I got stuck inside the boss room with no boss to fight.

when i'm stuck on a mission when something is supposed to happen and it doesn't (especially after cut scenes), i just abort the mission and do it all over again. at least you get to keep the xp and loot.

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 02:04 PM
There was no loot, only finished 2/3 of the mission. Really don't want to deal with killing him again but yeah, thanks man.

defiant_arkhunter357
04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
i know, it's frustrating... i heard there's a big update coming soon, i hope it fixes dead end missions among other issues.

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Only if we are lucky.

Hostile
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Nothing worse than a story driven game where the story missions do not work.

I'm on old friends, old swords. Been on it for 2 days now.

Stupid NPC farmer just sits there and won't allow me to advance the mission.

These types of instances are game breaking imo....how is the player supposed to enjoy the story when the story cannot be completed due to a bug?

A Few missions have this issue.

Very frustrating.....especially since the same bugs were there in the beta, which I know I submitted feedback for but it obviously wasnt paid no heed.

Story is THE MAIN presentation for the game.

If you can't even get the story to work, what's the point?

This issue is common across all 3 platforms in exact same spots.

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Yeah, just redid my quest after abandoning it. Still can't fight the main boss because he is a no show. The problem I see with the beta is I think they released two different games. There was the beta which lacked everything and was on its own server unconnected to the second game, Defiance. The reason I believe this is look at the number of times they have shut down the server to fix problems since the game was released, they didn't do this once to my knowledge for the beta. So to me this says that they didn't change anything about the beta to improve their game, they just wanted a rating of their story line and combat.

defiant_arkhunter357
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Yeah, just redid my quest after abandoning it. Still can't fight the main boss because he is a no show. The problem I see with the beta is I think they released two different games. There was the beta which lacked everything and was on its own server unconnected to the second game, Defiance. The reason I believe this is look at the number of times they have shut down the server to fix problems since the game was released, they didn't do this once to my knowledge for the beta. So to me this says that they didn't change anything about the beta to improve their game, they just wanted a rating of their story line and combat.

sorry it didn't work out for you after abandoning it. but i got another one for ya...
i hate it when i'm doing rescue missions and there's an invisible enemy that keeps attacking you and interrupts the process of saving the NPC. i didn't know what was going on at first but i assumed it was a cleaver enemy due to the constant "KILL" shout. so what i did was make the ghostly cleaver follow me by running in a circle, save the NPC, and let the NPC kill whatever was there attacking me. so far only happened twice to me. it was annoying yeah, but it did make it more challenging.

Shimpy
04-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I hate that the menu whe you hit start takes so long to load that your dead befor you can switch your loadout but i just found if you hit start then hit triangle then back out your loadout will switch but the even more anoying thing is that your guns will be invisable for like 10 to 15 sec so you have to aim to see if the right aim cerser comes up to know if you even realy did switch out or are you carring the same empty guns lol... there should be a quick button for loadout switch... but i guess that will do for now.

postmoderngrey
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Agreed. Playing this game feels like I'm being buried by dozens of glitches and bugs every mission I play. This is a broken game and I don't understand all the people rabidly defending these awful bugs. A game where huge chunks of terrain, vehicles, and enemies randomly appear out of nowhere and others randomly disappear shouldn't exist. It's fraud to sell someone a car that doesn't work and this game is a clear case of fraud as well.

Shimpy
04-10-2013, 06:07 PM
l Just hope after all this they fix a lot of the glicht with the up coming DLC's i mean it is a brand new MMO after all and im sure it not simple to do that much code wrighting i mean it must take a small army at computers 24/7 to keep it running... Im not trying to defend it as much as look at it from the creaters point of veiw... If you have ever played Deoblo when it first came out there was a bunch of stuff wrong with it and they fix that after a year so lets give them some time and see where it goes now if some stuff isnt fixed then we should complain about them selling stuff that isnt finished...

ZOMBIEoftheDAWN
04-10-2013, 06:53 PM
I completely understand that it takes a lot of work an man power, most MMORPG games have a pay to play aspect hard wired into the game play so that they may pay their support staff, but a good portion of these bugs are things that should have been fixed in beta play which Trion did a poor job at in my opinion or they should have been fixed with the amount of updates they have had recently. These bugs, to me at least, appear to have easy fixes, other than the invisible objects.

Shimpy
04-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree... guess well have to just wait and see how tron handles it... on a side not how cool is it to have a company named TRON thats pretty awsome in my eyes i would love to work for them!