PDA

View Full Version : Maybe iīm coming back

Aeekto
04-30-2018, 02:03 PM
I just stumbled upon a video on Youtube from Defiance2050 that instantly caught my attention since iīm an old veteran and a huge supporter from the first one since alpha (stopped playing years ago, though--- because some bad decisions had been a made gameplaywise after a long time being online).

So what is this all about?
Just a reskin of the first one or did they atleast change some things or even rethought some decisions they made?
Did the graphics get better or still the same youīre used too?
Same animations as before or more fluid?
Same bugs as in early stage from the first one or realy improved?

Iīm asking it because the videos i saw was just exactly the same game i remember... i even saw the same bugs we had back then in open beta and releaseday because of server-overload (i even saw 2 bugs from early alpha from the first one). It felt like watching old videos that just got named 2050 but are actually the old game.

If itīs closer to the game i used to play during the first 2 seasons of the show i might be coming back again, but if itīs closer to the game you guys are playing today i will pass.

Hope there are still some of the old vets left who remember me, because they would know the best if i should come back (even if they had been on the receiving/suffering side in pvp :p )

Griffix8
04-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Its literally just a Defiance port with 2050 slapped on the end of the title and a change of class system (to be more monetized). In fact according to some peeps the files are exactly the same.

Characters/level/gear are reset (valor points can give you titles, skins, etc).
Classes are in limited loadouts (you can buy them from founder packs in the bit store).
Leveling seems to be a bit different (beta the highest I saw was a low double digit instead of people being in the hundreds or thousands)
Salvage must be manually picked up.
Gulanite is now a currency (heard it was for upgrading?)
Slightly upgraded graphics (which only make it look older plus its made some other textures weird)
Same missions
Same map
Same vehicles (some say better driving some say worse)
Same server issues
Same animations
Same bugs

JOCCO5150
04-30-2018, 08:03 PM
It's way better connectivity. Max ego will be 50. Power is not connected to bit store. All classes will be available for free, the founders packs just make them available earlier. I myself think it is going to be great.

TheStigsCousin
04-30-2018, 08:44 PM
The game has switched to x64 and DX11 which makes for major improvements in stability and visuals
In the beta the highest level available was 25. Only for the beta.
Salvage was manual because they wanted people to see what they were picking up. They are working on making it auto loot
The graphics are more than slightly improved
Server stability was greatly improved
The first day of beta they had server crashes but they found the problem and fixed it quickly. After that it was smooth sailing
All DLC from the original Defiance will be included in the game for free
Almost everything in the bit store will be available through game play without having to buy it
Yes there were some bugs but that's what the beta was for. We caught a lot of them and trion is aware and working on fixes. Some were fixed during the beta.

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 05:10 AM
Slightly upgraded graphics
Same server issues
Same bugs

100% false

Fact.

ttoomm
05-01-2018, 05:27 AM
It's way better connectivity. Max ego will be 50. Power is not connected to bit store. All classes will be available for free, the founders packs just make them available earlier. I myself think it is going to be great.
I thaught it was 100 ego in full release.It taken me 2 ish days in beta to get to 25,hope its not 50 because it will only take 4 to 5 days to hit top ego.Lol

drackiller
05-01-2018, 05:52 AM
I thaught it was 100 ego in full release.It taken me 2 ish days in beta to get to 25,hope its not 50 because it will only take 4 to 5 days to hit top ego.Lol

And thatīs where the new classes come in to keep you playing. I also believe that after some time they will increase the Ego level from 50 to another number above.
We need to wait and see.

And donīt forget that you have to consider your power level too, need to find/grind for the right equipment and level it up, this will be the hard part.

ttoomm
05-01-2018, 06:13 AM
And donīt forget that you have to consider your power level too, need to find/grind for the right equipment and level it up, this will be the hard part.you are right, i did find when i got to 650 power it slowed down allot.And for me to get past that i had a fue nade drops that was 5 to 10 power higher but soon as i dropped a t5 and ranked it up my drop power lvls increase slightly .

Aeekto
05-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Thx for the answers so far.

Is there anything that realy stands out in this new version of this game?

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 11:57 AM

Server stability was much better than I thought it would be... only received one random application error during the time I spent playing the beta.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Thx for the answers so far.

Just the way classes are now and how the weapons are upgraded/modded. UI has changed a bit. Other than that not really. But its early days yet. They say graphics are redone for next gen. No idea what its like for consoles but on pc it is hardly noticable. Just a bit more polished. And still the same draw distance as the original, so can still see stuff rendering into the screen. Even with graphics on max. The graphics are hardly demanding so this shouldnt be in game. Especially for pc and next gen.

KevinVonBach
05-01-2018, 01:04 PM
They say graphics are redone for next gen. No idea what its like for consoles but on pc it is hardly noticable.

What it's like for console? Very noticeable.

drackiller
05-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Just the way classes are now and how the weapons are upgraded/modded. UI has changed a bit. Other than that not really. But its early days yet. They say graphics are redone for next gen. No idea what its like for consoles but on pc it is hardly noticable. Just a bit more polished. And still the same draw distance as the original, so can still see stuff rendering into the screen. Even with graphics on max. The graphics are hardly demanding so this shouldnt be in game. Especially for pc and next gen.

Rendering on the PS4 also happened at a certain distance, specially on arkfalls, but never hit invisible obstacles while riding a roller.
I dare say that the graphics on the PS4 are in par with the PC version on high settings.
For a PC player may not look like much but for a console player, it makes a hell of a difference.

Elastik Spastik
05-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Yeah I can imagine it being pretty noticeable step up from say 360 to xbox 1. Wish I could say the same for PC. But still very awesome game nonetheless.

Griffix8
05-01-2018, 06:36 PM
100% false

Fact.
There were quite a few people that'd crash every couple minutes, some would get through with the tutorial and have to delete the character cause it was perma stuck, lag in the Arkfalls, bosses didn't display health bar, etc. Lot of very similar issues from before. As for the graphics, after looking at games on the 360, PC and the One there were some differences but it was not that significant of a jump (especially if you want to be relative to current games). Hell the graphics just showed how old the game is...

drackiller
05-02-2018, 03:09 AM
Yeah I can imagine it being pretty noticeable step up from say 360 to xbox 1. Wish I could say the same for PC. But still very awesome game nonetheless.

I made some videos to check them later for bugs and glitchs and stability wasnīt one of the problems found.
If you want, check this vid for the quality of graphics and gameplay.
The vid is on 720p cause i played the beta on my normal PS4, Pro can record at 1080p.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r05dh2lol0izt1/Defiance%202050_20180428170018.mp4?dl=0

Elastik Spastik
05-02-2018, 04:34 AM
I made some videos to check them later for bugs and glitchs and stability wasnīt one of the problems found.
If you want, check this vid for the quality of graphics and gameplay.
The vid is on 720p cause i played the beta on my normal PS4, Pro can record at 1080p.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r05dh2lol0izt1/Defiance%202050_20180428170018.mp4?dl=0

From what I can see, it looks like what D13 looks like on PC now. Maybe because it was recorded in 720? Going to have a YT search for a console 1080 one later.

drackiller
05-02-2018, 04:49 AM
From what I can see, it looks like what D13 looks like on PC now. Maybe because it was recorded in 720? Going to have a YT search for a console 1080 one later.

Yeah i didnīt play on my PRO cause the TV that itīs pluged in was being used for other things ;)
But the game looks even better than this record, everything is more cristal clear, colors are very well defined, etc.
Now you can pull your sniper and watch your enemies far away, unlike the PS3, can also see every detail of your enemies.

PS: they also said in previous live streams that the game will have 4K support (although not true 4K) but no HDR, at least i think they did say that in early streams. I think that the game will look much better on PRO and X1X than this vid of mine.

KevinVonBach
05-02-2018, 04:54 AM
Yeah i didnīt play on my PRO cause the TV that itīs pluged in was being used for other things ;)
But the game looks even better than this record, everything is more cristal clear, colors are very well defined, etc.
Now you can pull your sniper and watch your enemies far away, unlike the PS3, can also see every detail of your enemies.

Yeah, I played the 2050 beta on my PS4 Pro... looked soooooo good, better than I thought it would.