PDA

View Full Version : 5/4 Livestream Info and Feedback

maverick07
05-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone. If you didn't get a chance to check out the stream today I did a little summarizing of topics discussed and also a tad bit of feedback of my own!

I mostly focused on new information. I don't really know how to properly post pics (I don't do this sort of thing much) but if someone wants to post them below feel free and many thanks!

Classes

Assault class was meant to be solo/all around class. They chose it as the class for the beta because of this reason - being a middle ground for feedback and testing purposes.
Some abilities within the Assault Class seem to have been slightly adjusted. Sprint (Blur) was showing a 14 sec duration. Bloom passive for AR/SMG/LMG is now accuracy. Melee DMG for super melee 600% at max rank now instead of 700%.
Appears that the max rank for classes themselves is 25. Meaning... we will be able to allocate 25 points max into each class. Chip was playing on a EGO 50 character. Could still allocate the same amount of points (25) into the Assault class as we could in the closed beta.

They talked about the Assassin class - this class is meant to be heavy DPS class. Passives and active abilities meant for more damage output, with an emphasis on close range, as well as long range. Charge blade will be usable with Assassin class as an ability.
Assassin will have the base ability of Stealth. Again similar to Mass Effect's Tactical Cloak - you receive a damage boost attacking out of Stealth.
Assassin will feature a "marking" ability. Marking enemies with this ability makes them take increased Critical Damage from you and fellow Arkhunters for a brief time.
Bio-toxin - another Assassin ability. This ability coats your weapons with some sort of poison DoT that will spread to nearby enemies when an enemy dies while under the effects of this DoT.
They didn't really detail passives but mentioned an emphasis on damage for them as well. Possibly some passives related to certain weapon types (they mentioned Snipers possibly having a passive to boost Critical Damage.

Super Weapons (Exalted Weapons)

Summonable weapons for a particular class. For example - they mentioned a special kind of sniper for Assassins, calling it "Big Bang" at the moment, which would be a summonable charge sniper capable of dealing a lot more damage than standard snipers (maybe 2x damage?) Most likely will be tied to an ability. Charge blade will likely be the other summonable weapon?

They showed concept art for Crusader, Demolitionist, and Engineer

They briefly went over their plans for Crusader and Demolitionist

Crusader - Defensive oriented, Crowd Control abilities, Close Quarters
Demolitionist - Explosive oriented... mentioned wanting to do special explosive abilities for the Demolitionist. Special grenades for the Demolitionist tied to an ability.

Prototype Weapons

They went over a few concepts with us

Hellbug Vemon Spitter - basically a Hellbug themed Detonator that shoot projectiles similar to what blast pods and archers shoot at us
Scrapper SMG - Shot fired will have electrical effect and look similar to the Scrapper red aesthetics
Gore Auger - Shoots drills. Not sure if projectiles or an actual drill CQC weapon...

Valor

Showed a Valor outfit (red and yellow power suit)
Valor - will be based on your total money spent in original Defiance + your pursuit ratings in original Defiance game
Can only earn Valor in original game. There will be a cutoff date for earning Valor announced soon.

Listening to Feedback

Auto pickup for weapon salvage is being worked on after feedback
UI will be getting some adjustments! Not much to be seen from this episode but they did state this when going through the enhancement!
Enhancement - now a progress bar for how much salvage is needed to reach next rank!
Different rarities (quality) of salvage is now highlighted (green, blue, etc) and enhance the weapon more based on the quality of the salvage!

They have received a fair amount of feedback and are still going through it
Speaking of Feedback! 2050 beta forum still not accessible for many of us who played the beta, have our accounts linked, and meet the requirement to post there! (Trion PLZ)

Weapons and Enhancement

Enhancement (I detailed some these things above as well)
Now a progress bar for how much salvage is needed to reach next rank!
Different rarities (quality) of salvage is now highlighted (green, blue, etc) and enhance the weapon more based on the quality of the salvage!
Chip leveled a purple shotgun from 0/20 to 15/20 enhancement with 20 blue shotgun salvage
Chip also put those 15 bonus ranks all into clip size for the shotgun and it did nothing to the stat...

Condition is the term they are calling the stars for each weapon (1 to 10)
The Condition is another stat in addition to rarity to go over when finding the top loot
The Condition dictates the base stats of the weapon. They only mentioned it affecting Damage however.
There is a range for Condition. Meaning... you won't find a 1 star Blue (rare) for example. The Condition correlates to the rarity of the weapons to some extent. 10 star weapons will most likely be Orange.
Condition will NOT go up when enhancing a weapon. Condition is set when the weapon drops for you.
There will not be a degrading or durability stat with weapons to worry about

Some names of weapons have been updated/improved
BMG and Infectors will not be in on release. They have plans to introduce these weapons back into Defiance in the future but don't want to reveal anything yet.

Other

Sounds like an open beta could happen - no announce date for it or for release at this time. Still the plan seems to be "summer" release.

Additional thoughts and feedback

Scrip needed to reroll bonuses is bugged and doesn't show the correct amount. It said he needed 2 scrip to reroll a weapon bonus, but in actuality he needed more, which he did not have.
Bonus rolls still need some tweaking. From my post above... "Chip also put those 15 bonus ranks all into clip size for the shotgun and it did nothing to the stat..."
Crit Multiplier stat on the card for Shotguns would be nice...
For Prototypes (saw this question posted in chat...) what happens if you get a Prototype weapon at a lower power rating (like 500). Useless then? Or will these be locked to the power rating cap? They are supposed to be "super rare" so... it's a valid question to ask.

I also seen a lot of comments about how bosses and enemies in closed beta 2 had a lot of health. Just wanted to mention that I think it's still too early to tell if enemy health needs to be brought down. Until we can get proper experience of fighting these higher level arkfalls, at a higher power rating, I don't think they should be tweaked further. I killed a few Scrapper Progenitors in the closed beta despite people saying they could not be. And I can't say I am a fan of the Progenitor being killed in 1 minute like it could be in original Defiance. Easier Power Rating gains may help us in Open Beta!

Edit - thinking about this further... small enemy unit health may need to be lowered some based on closed beta experience. Skitterlings, Mongrels, and Smelters for example.

Thanks for reading :)

TrionMobi
05-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Thanks for sharing this recap in such great detail. People can also watch the past broadcast here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257653944

No news yet on the next beta or an official launch date yet, but we're super happy to have had players in over the past couple weekends. We're looking into the Defiance 2050 forum section still not being accessible to players that have participated in the beta.

Have a great weekend!

The Ghost Within
05-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Majorly excited bout the Assassin class along with prototype & super weapons.

jay ellis
05-04-2018, 07:26 PM
I didn't watch the stream so take this with a grain of salt but:
This looks like an untested mess.
They couldn't balance pve 5 years ago and have never balanced pvp in 5 years of nerfs and buffs.
I'm going to play cause I love(loved) this game, but HOLY JESUS. Get ready... Hahahahaha.
*edit. Thanks Mav for taking the time to break this all down and bring the info to the masses.

Johnny Stranger
05-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Awesome stuff , thanks so much for posting

One thing , any mention of a one button push to bring up character/ loadout screen ? PS4

Elastik Spastik
05-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Despite what I may have said about the game in other posts, after reading that is making more more excited about it. Thank you. Will watch the stream when I get chance

Kylarran
05-05-2018, 02:13 AM
VERY NICE recap, Maverick07.

Loved that Mobi took notice of the bold print about fellow Ark Hunters who got into beta still not having access to the 2050 beta forums. It does need to be looked into. The 2050 forums are 'crickets' and have been all week. Standard Defiance Gen. Forum chat has more posts about 2050 than the 2050 section, so that should be a clue.

I honestly hope you do this with every livestream, it's nice to have some written record of it... but I won't hold you to it.

ATTEE
05-05-2018, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the nice summary!

drackiller
05-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Nice summary and i watched the stream.

Ronin9572
05-05-2018, 06:59 AM
Nice summary and i watched the stream.

Thanks for the Cliff's notes version! Tried to watch the livestream but my kids were driving me bonkers,lol

maverick07
05-05-2018, 09:31 AM
VERY NICE recap, Maverick07.

Loved that Mobi took notice of the bold print about fellow Ark Hunters who got into beta still not having access to the 2050 beta forums. It does need to be looked into. The 2050 forums are 'crickets' and have been all week. Standard Defiance Gen. Forum chat has more posts about 2050 than the 2050 section, so that should be a clue.

I honestly hope you do this with every livestream, it's nice to have some written record of it... but I won't hold you to it.

Eh... we'll see haha. I will plan on doing the next few! It didn't take me as long as I thought it might. I've gotten slightly better at taking notes over the years!

Thank you Mobi for acknowledging our issue with the 2050 beta forums!

And thanks everyone for the good words!

Krunch
05-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Thank you Maverick.

We've heard quite a bit about the classes now (with the exception of Combat Medic), but still haven't seen them in game.

Perhaps Trion will show more next week?

Glad to see an explanation of the weapon enhancement system. A little concerned the condition system adds an additional level of grind? Hopefully a system to improve condition will be implemented.

Bloodbath82
05-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Man that assassins class sure sounds an awful lot like borderlands 2. Does the assault get dual wield and bullet/health Regen?