PDA

View Full Version : Lockbox question

Tilarium
04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
So just now I'm standing in front of the lockbox vender and wondering to myself why I would buy a level 3 or 4 lockbox. A level 2 box costs 8 keys and has 2 items. A level 3 box costs 24 keys and has 3 items. A level 4 box costs 64 keys and has 4 items. Going by the descriptions, it's only the amount of items that changes. Is there anything more to it or is buying anything other then a level 2 box a total ripoff?

While I'm asking lockbox questions. I've got 3 level 2 boxes and a level 3 box from my preorders and other pre-release things. Are those 1 per character or one time per account claims?

Ashnon
04-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Better chances or purples and oranges in the higher tier boxes.

The pre-order lock boxes are per account. If they were per character people would just keep making new characters and selling off the gear.

Archangel
04-10-2013, 12:53 PM
its a gamble.

The higher number has a higher chance of epic loots.

But a friend of mine has found an orange item in each level so its all about luck.

Airwolf3169
04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
What are the % odds of getting an orange for each level of the lock Box ?

fishboy11
04-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Better chances or purples and oranges in the higher tier boxes.

The pre-order lock boxes are per account. If they were per character people would just keep making new characters and selling off the gear.

thats not true, forum members have been compiling the results of the lockboxes in a spread sheet and the tier 4 box is actually the worst for purples and oranges and the tier 2 and 3 about a tie

LtRobbiesan
04-10-2013, 02:00 PM
damn, so at the whim of the RNG gods like in ME3 MP... love ME3 MP, but dat RNG store.....