PDA

View Full Version : Generic Xbox 360 Hard drives

Paladin
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
With Defiance on the horizon, it's time for me to buy a hard drive for my Xbox 360 S( I only have a USB) the only problem is: there's no way ill pay for a Microsoft Hard drive at the price of $130.
So im going to buy a generic 120 GB for $45, the one thing I want to know is if these can get you banned or is the only drawback that they don't have backwards compatibility? Really hope someone can help.

Protonix
03-05-2013, 08:25 PM
You'll be fine

Grey
03-05-2013, 08:43 PM
With Defiance on the horizon, it's time for me to buy a hard drive for my Xbox 360 S( I only have a USB) the only problem is: there's no way ill pay for a Microsoft Hard drive at the price of $130.
So im going to buy a generic 120 GB for $45, the one thing I want to know is if these can get you banned or is the only drawback that they don't have backwards compatibility? Really hope someone can help.

I got my 120 GB for 70 bucks from amazon

A s0t
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
my buddy was using a 300gb and it didnt like the borderlands goty dlc on the 2nd disk

Buruko
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Most Generic Disks will not play an Xbox download content, meaning any title you downloaded to play from previous generations, and some other download content. Basically backwards compatibility, there is a fix here (http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/4897-xbox-360-partition-2-download-xbox-1-emulator.html) but it's involved.

If you go Generic try to find out what kind of drive they use there are approved ones out there, mostly Western Digitals, here's an approved list of WD HDs:

- WD Scorpio Series BEVS/BEAS
- WD Scorpio Blue Series BEVS/BEVT/BPVT
- WD Scorpio Black Series BEKT/BJKT
- WD VelociRaptor Series
- WD AV-25 Series BUDT

Just remember sometimes you get what you pay for.

Grey
03-06-2013, 08:12 AM
AH um if you don't mind just a little bit more space (double what you have) go here
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Flash-SanDisk-SDCZGXB-008G-A11/dp/B003EV7EC4

Buruko
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Defiance is going to be an approximate 10 GB install to the Hard Drive, this excludes DLC.

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Defiance is going to be an approximate 10 GB install to the Hard Drive, this excludes DLC.

7 GB excluding DLC according to the IGN video

Buruko
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
7 GB excluding DLC according to the IGN video

From the Beta Requirements FAQ (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1350) it states you will need at least 15 GB free hard drive space, I've seen the 10 GB requirement on the Steam site. They may be able to get away with some content not being downloaded to the Xbox (I hope not the case, slower loading times) but reduction by half seems a stretch.

OcelotKharn
03-07-2013, 02:27 AM
From the Beta Requirements FAQ (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1350) it states you will need at least 15 GB free hard drive space, I've seen the 10 GB requirement on the Steam site. They may be able to get away with some content not being downloaded to the Xbox (I hope not the case, slower loading times) but reduction by half seems a stretch.

That is PC requirements, the IGN vid was of the xbox version and they stated 7 GB if you want to double check go ahead

Buruko
03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
That is PC requirements, the IGN vid was of the xbox version and they stated 7 GB if you want to double check go ahead

First off the IGN video is from a very early Alpha build so the size may have been smaller at that point, secondly at 35:50 they speak on disk space and the host asks if 10 GB would be enough, and the Trion rep simply responds on day one you could do less. If there is a specific spot mentioning 7 GB of space on the console I didn't hear it.

He also states that a gold disk has been made and that there will be a patch on Day 1 but it shouldn't take "hours".

OcelotKharn
03-07-2013, 07:05 AM
at the end of the day I did say you can double check but yes they did say 7 Gig but id expect 10 anyway