PDA

View Full Version : Any chance co-op maps will allow less than 4 to start?

JaneRose
05-29-2018, 09:09 AM
In Defiance today I can sit in a queue for hours waiting to run my daily chimera. Now i know if i hit it at the right timing it can start pretty quickly however my real life doesn't always accommodate that. I been trying to get my chimera rating up but it is damn near impossible. Last week was 1st time in months i was able to get a foursome to complete all the co-ops required for the weekly. Please (I am begging pretty please) make some changes to the requirement to have 4 for co-op in D2050.

The 5 Ds of Death
05-29-2018, 12:01 PM
thats one thing i really disliked about co ops. queing up sucks. the maps are so easy you can solo them. they should just let you start right away with the option of other people joining

Tauriiel
05-29-2018, 05:38 PM
I can see why they'd want to push for a 4 player requirement to enter Co-Op, but I wonder if they considered time zones, or even spurts of inactivity among the player base where few are on online and even fewer looking to run Co-Op maps. Even when I felt the game was bustling with activity years ago, there were days where I'd sit in a queue until I either dc'd from being in game too long, or dc'd when the map finally launched. Which only then meant I'd go through those horrible loading screens that took ages to find that someone had queued in in my vacancy.

Now, considering how many players are left and how few care to do their dailies, or run Co-Op's - sitting in queue is literally what most of my nights are composed of. If I happen to have clan mates online who aren't busy, it's only slightly easier. Most of the time I'm either begging zone or too indifferent to care, so I queue up and I afk while I read a book or watch something on my laptop. Some nights I've given up and logged off out of sheer frustration, or went to run expeditions instead.

With the launch of 2050, I'm sure there will be plenty who are interested in running Co-Op maps. But how long will that interest last? I suggest the requirement to queue be lowered to 2 players only, with 4 total spots being able to be filled. While I'd surely LOVE the option to do private (or instant queue-in) Co-Op's, a 2 player minimum is a justifiable compromise if you ask me. You're not taking away from the meaning of a 'Co-Op', and players can get in easier without having to wait hours on end to run a less than 10 minute map. (Although, we've seen how "successful" private War Masters were in the past...)

Hanimichal
05-31-2018, 05:00 PM
thats one thing i really disliked about co ops. queing up sucks. the maps are so easy you can solo them. they should just let you start right away with the option of other people joining

Exactly, not just in Coop but also, or especially in Expeditions should be an option to block entrance people to team, and call only whose you want to been in team if you want, JUST IF YOU WANT

ttoomm
06-01-2018, 04:32 AM
With the launch of 2050, I'm sure there will be plenty who are interested in running Co-Op maps. But how long will that interest last? I suggest the requirement to queue be lowered to 2 players only, with 4 total spots being able to be filled. While I'd surely LOVE the option to do private (or instant queue-in) Co-Op's, a 2 player minimum is a justifiable compromise if you ask me. You're not taking away from the meaning of a 'Co-Op', and players can get in easier without having to wait hours on end to run a less than 10 minute map. (Although, we've seen how "successful" private War Masters were in the past...)This is a good idea,Co-Op needs more then 1 player to be called Co-Op. Think 2 players up to 4 is the best around this issue.