PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Launch Checklist

Buruko
03-05-2013, 09:56 PM
So I was thinking everyone is itchin' for the Beta and then release, but how are you preparing for the game? of course this probably varies by platform owner... I was thinkin' along these lines:

Xbox Platform
- New spiffy headset for communication
- Wired connection to avoid wireless drops
- Clear off disk space to make room for the install and upcoming DLC
- Test voice via current game offerings (CoD, ME3, etc)

PC Platform
- Get new vid card
- Consider RAM upgrade
- New HD monitor

PS3 Platform
- Make sure you have space
- Practice surfing to the PSN Store to figure out where it will be
- Buy a mic for voice chat
- Consider purchase of gaming PC or Xbox :rolleyes:

And then the general checklist.....
- Request time off work
- Ensure home phone has privacy mode
- Forget cell phone bill so it is disconnected on launch day
- buy soda and snacks as you don't plan to leave the house (let alone the couch/chair by more than 15 feet)
- tell relatives your on vacation in a foreign country
- board kids and animals (together if possible)
- make sure you also disable the door bell
- send Significant Other (if applicable) away (with kids if possible) to a foreign country without cell service or reliable land lines (again if possible)

What other drastic measures are you guys taking to prepare for launch?

Scrablor
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
[Removed Post Information]

Wraithstorm
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
You just gave me quite a few ideas for a greeting card!

Thanks lol

Buruko
03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
You just gave me quite a few ideas for a greeting card!

Thanks lol

If you make them, I would love to see one even if it's just digital. :-D

lPATT
03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Xbox Platform
- New spiffy headset for communication (Fixing my turtle beach x12 this week with new tape xD )
- Wired connection to avoid wireless drops ( that done )
- Clear off disk space to make room for the install and upcoming DLC ( deleting 25 gb of battlefield 3 after few day of end game )
- Test voice via current game offerings (CoD, ME3, etc) ( done )

- Request time off work ( done )
- Ensure home phone has privacy mode ( done )
- Forget cell phone bill so it is disconnected on launch day ( i don't have cellphone anymore =P )
- buy soda and snacks as you don't plan to leave the house (let alone the couch/chair by more than 15 feet) ( NEED TO DO )
- tell relatives your on vacation in a foreign country ( i wish but i can't do that )
- board kids and animals (together if possible) ( DONE )
- make sure you also disable the door bell ( DONE )
- send Significant Other (if applicable) away (with kids if possible) to a foreign country without cell service or reliable land lines (again if possible) ( xD )

b4l00n
03-06-2013, 02:02 AM
PS3 Platform...

lol this is the beat thing I read whole day haha

cjohn157
03-06-2013, 03:35 AM
So I was thinking everyone is itchin' for the Beta and then release, but how are you preparing for the game? of course this probably varies by platform owner... I was thinkin' along these lines:

Xbox Platform

PC Platform
- Get new vid card
- Consider RAM upgrade
- New HD monitor

PS3 Platform

- Request time off work
- buy soda and snacks as you don't plan to leave the house (let alone the couch/chair by more than 15 feet)
- send Significant Other (if applicable) away (with kids if possible) to a foreign country without cell service or reliable land lines (again if possible)

you forgot the text pad for the 360.

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 04:35 AM

Xbox Platform

PC Platform
- Get new vid card
- Consider RAM upgrade
- New HD monitor

PS3 Platform

- Request time off work

You forgot to add the Week off work and copious amounts of coffee or redbull and moving the console/pc into the toilet so you never need to move lol

oh and microwave aswell

Defy
03-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Energy Drinks
Snacks

Grey
03-06-2013, 08:19 AM
My checklist is rather..simple?

Buy Almonds, Buy lots of almonds, gotta fill up all my water bottles, get easy to microwave foods (I.E the simple meals) clean microwave, buy light popcorn, double check that I have enough water to drown 6 toddlers, feed Guinea Pig, and maybe a red bull or 12

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
lol Il just get my food made for me and then open and shovel it in asap lol

Buruko
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
you forgot the text pad for the 360.

You know I've come close to ordering one, cause you can only buy the kit in stores as far as I have found, but I think I'm going to stick to voice chat and see how well that works as well everyone I play with will be on an Xbox as well, and we all know they have headsets ::rolleyes::

SRod1706
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
This is too funny. I have already taken off on April 4th and 5th. Could not take off on the 2nd and 3rd. Made plans for my kids to stay at each of the sets of grandparents on one nights of the 5th and 6th. Bribed my wife's best friend into planning a trip that weekend so she can keep my wife occupied. Ordered a second ps3 headset so one can always be charging.

A s0t
03-06-2013, 02:19 PM
lol Il just get my food made for me and then open and shovel it in asap lol

call your local pizza place, and get a blender, make a pizza shake.

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
call your local pizza place, and get a blender, make a pizza shake.

lol perfect way to die day 2 of release, Clogged arteries lol

on a serious note no need for a chat pad if you have keyboard

Grebo Greyblade
03-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I've got wednesday off work so i have 3 days of non stop defiance :D 4L of coca-cola and lots of snacks will be present on my desk.

Erayzor2k7
03-08-2013, 04:55 AM
And after 3 days you spam the forums asking for more "endgame-content" :D

Odinswolf
03-09-2013, 07:58 AM
I have booked holidays for the 3rd 4th and 5th of April but was attacked in work last night and injured so hopefully I'll still be off work sick when the game is launched and my wrist heals up in time lol

Paladin
03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
-Use hyper-sensitive mic for night
-Make a Xbox 360 default mic/ turtlebeach earpad hybrid for low-sensitive mic in the morning to afternoon
- Buy a USB keyboard( it's surprising how many people end up not using voice chat in an MMO)
- Buy fruit leathers...god damn fruit leathers
- Message everyone I have an important project to work out at home.

Paladin
03-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I have booked holidays for the 3rd 4th and 5th of April but was attacked in work last night and injured so hopefully I'll still be off work sick when the game is launched and my wrist heals up in time lol

Was it the Hellbugs?

RipVanWinkl3
03-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Haha this is genius! I already have 2months worth of Monster, candy and beef jerky. I do need a new headset, any recommendations that aren't turtle beaches would be much appreciated. :cool:

Mur
03-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Along with caffeine, stock up on piracetum, DMAE, tyrosine and choline supplements, remember to hydrate and go for a 10 mile run the day before launch. Stay away from high quantities of simple sugars, opting for gluten free cereals in soy milk, cucumber, basil and tomato salads and the occasional skinless broiled chicken breast with black rice.

Buruko
03-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Haha this is genius! I already have 2months worth of Monster, candy and beef jerky. I do need a new headset, any recommendations that aren't turtle beaches would be much appreciated. :cool:

I picked up a set of Tritton Warhead headphones (http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/warhead.asp). Love them to death, only complaint is like all the other the mic is great quality but lacks noise cancellation so you hear EVERYTHING going on in the room with you. Luckily the mute button is conviently placed along the mic stalk so you can tap it when you don't need to leave the channel open.

They are not as awesome sound quality as say AS40 but they are $50 cheaper and they are completely wireless with the Xbox. Only set that can claim that. I'm sure the other Tritton headset like the Detonators are just as good.

Moose Of Woe
03-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Ready to go. Xbox 360 first, then maybe PC if I get a better monitor for it.

The hardware in the tower is solid enough (2600K @4.8ghz/32gb DDR3/GTX580) but a 5 year old flickery Dell2008WFP just doesn't cut it.

I used to have an XPS 730 that died within 3 years so I'm still using that old monitor, mouse, and keyboard. Screw that tower, though. Nice to look at but my god what a COLOSSAL pain in the rear to work on.

RipVanWinkl3
03-10-2013, 08:33 AM
I picked up a set of Tritton Warhead headphones (http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/warhead.asp). Love them to death, only complaint is like all the other the mic is great quality but lacks noise cancellation so you hear EVERYTHING going on in the room with you. Luckily the mute button is conviently placed along the mic stalk so you can tap it when you don't need to leave the channel open.

They are not as awesome sound quality as say AS40 but they are $50 cheaper and they are completely wireless with the Xbox. Only set that can claim that. I'm sure the other Tritton headset like the Detonators are just as good.

I was thinking about getting the Warheads and thanks for the advice Buruko. I like the sig, it reminds me of the blood slides Dexter keeps as trophies.

aDARKPASSENGER
03-22-2013, 04:20 AM
dont forget sent the other half to bed early and get her or him if your like that out of the fecking way and not bothing you :)