PDA

View Full Version : So I beat the Main Storyline, and Side Missions, now what?

TooMuchClutch
04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
So a couple days ago I beat the game and all of the side missions along with it. It was very fun I enjoyed it a lot. But the question is, now what? I am going to buy the season pass, but there is no dlc yet. Arkfalls get boring after awhile. The only thing I have been doing is playing matchmaking to get keycodes and try and get more legendary weapons and helping friends get further with their missions. Is that all there is really to do? I am not complaining in any way I am just wondering what all there is to do after beating the game because I want to keep playing its just getting a little repetitive now. If anyone is wondering I have gotten 2 Legendary weapons so far, both from Tier 4's. I have gotten about 5 Tier 4's so far. I am level 595. And yeah thats about it. Let me know what you guys have to say.

usrevenge2
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
shadow war is pretty fun

Snowranger19
04-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Do your pursuits.. they are pretty time consuming, give fluff rewards, and the intel is pretty interesting if your into the lore/story/world/tv show.

Warlander
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
im 1000 havnt finished yet, if your here asking your doing it wrong.

Jestunhi
Wait for the first episode to air and see what the regular updates bring.

As far as I'm concerned the game is currently in anti-spoiler mode to build hype for the show. Once they are running side-by-side I expect things to pick up.

Zyvaks
Do your pursuits.. they are pretty time consuming, give fluff rewards, and the intel is pretty interesting if your into the lore/story/world/tv show.

time consuming does not even BEGIN to decribe it O.O

Pasha
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Arkfalls, PvP instances, co-ops, shadow war. I.e. shooting stuff (it's a shooter).

Also waiting for new missions linked to TV series.

Todeswulf
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
MMMMM Go outside? Play a different game ?

Anim
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Is that all there is really to do?

Yes, the people who are in the slightest competant at games seem to have all pretty much finished now and are left wondering what next. Grinding out 10,000 kills in a major arkfall isnt 'content' its like putting a moron in to a round room and asking them to find the corner.

Nexos_Arc
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
start playing the game

Warkaiser
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
So a couple days ago I beat the game and all of the side missions along with it. It was very fun I enjoyed it a lot. But the question is, now what? I am going to buy the season pass, but there is no dlc yet. Arkfalls get boring after awhile. The only thing I have been doing is playing matchmaking to get keycodes and try and get more legendary weapons and helping friends get further with their missions. Is that all there is really to do? I am not complaining in any way I am just wondering what all there is to do after beating the game because I want to keep playing its just getting a little repetitive now. If anyone is wondering I have gotten 2 Legendary weapons so far, both from Tier 4's. I have gotten about 5 Tier 4's so far. I am level 595. And yeah thats about it. Let me know what you guys have to say.

You didnt beat the game. You beat the prologue. Its like reading the prologue in a book, then claiming you know the entire story.

Once the show airs (in less than a week) new episodic content will be released weekly. There was also supposed to have been a DLC release monday which would have added some content, but that was pushed back until next Monday to focus on existing issues.

Four Channel
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah I think you aren't done with the game yet. There's no real finishing of the game is there as long as there are seasons coming up on the show. So now it's mostly sit back, watch the show and do the updated missions.

steadyhand08
04-13-2013, 05:46 PM
As a 9-5 working man how the hell have you guys blits though the content so fast, unless thats the ONLY thing you have been doing, one thing iv noticed is that as i do arkfalls and EM as im driving around between missions I seem to be a hell of lot better geared than most people. But yeh you crasy people finishing so fast.

but also WoW was in a similar state not long after release give the show time to run and devs to start throwing in their session 1 stuff, this game is clearly a slow burn thing

JMadFour
04-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Congratulations. You've completed the entirety of Defiance, and have done everything that there is to do.

There are several things you can do now that you are completely, 100% finished with everything in the game:

1. Pat yourself on the back, and give yourself a high-five. You deserve it.

2. Make a self-congratulatory post on the Defiance Forums, to announce to the world that you are COMPLETELY DONE with the game, and have done absolutely everything there is to do. It is very important that everyone knows that you have done everything. Try to avoid spoilers though, for those few losers who aren't skilled enough to finish the game.

3. Make yet another post, in which you criticize those players who have not reached 100% completion of this ongoing MMO yet. Because they are unskilled and incompetent, otherwise they would be EGO rating 5000 with 100% completion of everything by now, like you are. Also, call them fanboys and stuff when they object and/or try to foolishly tell you that this is a MMO that will be frequently updated with new content. Only fools and fanboys believe that MMOs get new content. Everyone knows that once you beat the first tough boss you face, the game is over.

4. Watch the cutscene at the end of the Ending Credits at least 5 times. There may be a hidden Ark Code in there somewhere.

5. You should be able to return the game to wherever you bought it and get a full refund. Unless you bought a digital download on PC that is. then it sucks to be you, because you are stuck with a 60 dollar game that is done and over with and you'll never have anymore reason to play it because you have done everything that there ever will be to do. However, if you bought a disc, then take it back to the store, get a refund, and spend the refund money to buy another game.

Yokai
04-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Congratulations. You've completed the entirety of Defiance, and have done everything that there is to do.

There are several things you can do now that you are completely, 100% finished with everything in the game:

1. Pat yourself on the back, and give yourself a high-five. You deserve it.

2. Make a self-congratulatory post on the Defiance Forums, to announce to the world that you are COMPLETELY DONE with the game, and have done absolutely everything there is to do. It is very important that everyone knows that you have done everything. Try to avoid spoilers though, for those few losers who aren't skilled enough to finish the game.

3. Make yet another post, in which you criticize those players who have not reached 100% completion of this ongoing MMO yet. Because they are unskilled and incompetent, otherwise they would be EGO rating 5000 with 100% completion of everything by now, like you are. Also, call them fanboys and stuff when they object and/or try to foolishly tell you that this is a MMO that will be frequently updated with new content. Only fools and fanboys believe that MMOs get new content. Everyone knows that once you beat the first tough boss you face, the game is over.

4. Watch the cutscene at the end of the Ending Credits at least 5 times. There may be a hidden Ark Code in there somewhere.

5. You should be able to return the game to wherever you bought it and get a full refund. Unless you bought a digital download on PC that is. then it sucks to be you, because you are stuck with a 60 dollar game that is done and over with and you'll never have anymore reason to play it because you have done everything that there ever will be to do. However, if you bought a disc, then take it back to the store, get a refund, and spend the refund money to buy another game.

Clap.............Clap..............Clap..........C lap........Clap.....Clap....Clap..Clap.ClapClapCla pCLAPCLAPTHUNDERINGAPPLAUSE! ;)

JBo796
04-13-2013, 09:10 PM

Now you come help me beat them. :-)

Vault Dweller
04-13-2013, 09:21 PM
only Ego 595 and beat the game...you're doin' it wrong!!!!

Gohlar
04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Know why games release so incomplete? They aren't even selling the game anymore, they sell you on a an idea.

I mean look at all these people saying it's a prologue and new content will come at a fast rate.

No. It's not. Wait and see, it will be a lame quest for each episode. It will be, like the rest of Defiance, the absolute minimum.

It's no wonder mmos have been going downhill. You can tell players literally anything and they
will believe it lol.

I'd also like to add that any "mmo" (Defiance isn't a real mmo unless Red Dead is too) where people need to start pretending achievements are content THIS quickly is a horribly small mmo.

Ikagawa
04-13-2013, 09:43 PM
(Defiance isn't a real mmo unless Red Dead is too)

I don't think you know what the term MMO entails.

Gohlar
04-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I don't think you know what the term MMO entails.

I do. Does Defiance fit the absolute minimum requirements? Yeah I guess. But anyone not bending over backwards to defend the game will quickly realize it's not much of an mmo at all.

That's Defiance in a nutshell. The bare minimum to put a feature on the box.

Ikagawa
04-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I do. Does Defiance fit the absolute minimum requirements? Yeah I guess. But anyone not bending over backwards to defend the game will quickly realize it's not much of an mmo at all.

Which is a completely different thing than saying it isn't a "real" MMO. Immediately backpedaling is funny though.

Gohlar
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Which is a completely different thing than saying it isn't a "real" MMO. Immediately backpedaling is funny though.

Cool let's argue semantics! It's isn't a good mmo. That better? In fact, it's so weak as an mmo it's kind of insulting to customers to call it one. I didn't backpedal at all btw, you are simply being intentionally obtuse so I'll break it down ever further. If you wanted a sandwich, I could give you 2 pieces of cardboard with a piece of paper in the middle and call it a sandwich, which it technically would be, but only a fool would be happy with it.

Like I said, they did literally the minimum so they can say it's a feature. The saddest part, some people not only fell for it but actually defend it.

Lambchops
04-13-2013, 10:15 PM
PvP. Shadow Wars specifically, competitive maps are garbage. That's the only thing I've actually found fulfilling after blazing through the SP content. I'm not going to grind out Pursuits or do Arfkalls. Sorry.

Fortunately Shadow Wars are a pretty good time and are worth logging on a few hours a night for, imo anyways.

Other then that I'm basically just waiting. I'm absolutely in love with this game right now, but if there's nothing to do there is nothing to do. Either do the few bits of repeatable content the game has, or take a break and come back later.

CrimsonTear
04-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I am quite certain you have never played an MMO during beta or release week. I have pkayed retail and beta of Ragnarok, Lineage, Lineage 2, PristonTale, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, Asherons call, Guild wars to name a few. 80%of these yiekded minimal content in its early stages. in a mature form of lneage an ntire clan could control and operate castles and tax rates. a feature not found in fledgling forms of the game. And that is a small example. There are many things that, could and should, be done. and thus far trion has shown good efforts in paying attention to players opinions. So they deserve the opportunity to improve their game. the game has been out for barely over a week. Star Wars recently had a failed attempt at an MMO. one can not simply release a new universe and expect it to be gold out of the box. I am not defending this game only. but every MMO that has gone through the same thing. and every time you can find ignorant people complaiing abut things they didnt like. and how all the people that are enjoying it a re fools that are bending over. if you dont like it go play fisher price WOW. we will use your bandwidth for more important instances than the lag you have to offer.

spectrum
04-13-2013, 10:43 PM
watch episode one of defiance on amazon instant video. its free and will hopefully give insight into future enemies.

MARKINEMPAC82S
04-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Help friends help clan mates

Ikagawa
04-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Help friends help clan mates

Screw those freeloaders.

MARKINEMPAC82S
04-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Smh ika.............

steadyhand08
04-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Guys guys this not MMO.... Guys really stop having fun.... Stop having fun it's not aloud its not an mmo....

Thats how u people sound at times. Most of u are just here finding things to compline about rather than just playing the game. Really don't get if ur not having fun stop playing. Don't come here telling the rest of us were wrong because it does fit ur warped version of what somthing is....

The above is am open statement to some of the frankly awful posts iv seen