PDA

View Full Version : Intimidation Perk

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 03:23 PM
i have seen this a few seconds ago
at T3 it gives you 75% extra damage to enemys taht are flinching, knocked back or knocked down from other attacks.
so...it sounds nice for a sniper in pve-coop
most of the time enemys will flinch from your teammates fire, most of the time you wont hit the head as a sniper then.
someone tried it out? is it working? (for example, nerves of steel isnt working so far)

Exes
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
i have seen this a few seconds ago
at T3 it gives you 75% extra damage to enemys taht are flinching, knocked back or knocked down from other attacks.
so...it sounds nice for a sniper in pve-coop
most of the time enemys will flinch from your teammates fire, most of the time you wont hit the head as a sniper then.
someone tried it out? is it working? (for example, nerves of steel isnt working so far)

For snipers? Sounds bad, the window in which they are flinched is pretty small and you fire exactly one bullet at a time.

Pasha
04-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I've tried it with electric weapon (+ stun grenade) and it does not seem to work. I guess it work for melee only - or does not work at all.

Exes
04-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I've tried it with electric weapon (+ stun grenade) and it does not seem to work. I guess it work for melee only - or does not work at all.

It works with melee+shotgun for sure as I tried that many times.

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 03:33 PM
ok, if the window is small then it is realy a bad thing.
some enemys make this "sidestep" is this the flinch?
if it is, then it could be possible to hit it as a sniper, if you are aiming at him, while another teammate is shooting too. you would miss your aimed-shot, but you would possibly hit with extra damage. the sidestep animation is not that short, i think it is 1s minimum

Exes
04-10-2013, 03:34 PM
ok, if the window is small then it is realy a bad thing.
some enemys make this "sidestep" is this the flinch?
if it is, then it could be possible to hit it as a sniper, if you are aiming at him, while another teammate is shooting too. you would miss your aimed-shot, but you would possibly hit with extra damage. the sidestep animation is not that short i think, i think it is 1s minimum

That perk basically works on CC, not on their own movements. Honestly if you just try to head shot as fast as you can instead of waiting for an opportunity for the perk to work you will do more dmg.

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 03:37 PM
yeah sure, but in coop there is most of the time pure chaos.
everyone runs around, no coordination etc, for me as a sniper it is realy hard to pick out a target because i cant just shoot like i could do with my LMG or my shotgun.
thats why i thought it could be valuable to deal atleast some extra damage if the headshot wont hit.

what about meteor rifles?
they have the ability to knock back the target. but the RoF is only 0,7...
if it is posssible to deal a second shot while the enemy is tumbling...mhhh

if not...i will pick nerves of steel again and wait for it to work

Exes
04-10-2013, 03:39 PM
yeah sure, but in coop there is most of the time pure chaos.
everyone runs around, no coordination etc, for me as a sniper it is realy hard to pick out a target because i cant just shoot like i could do with my LMG or my shotgun.
thats why i thought it could be valuable to deal atleast some extra damage if the headshot wont hit

I find it rather easy with a sniper in coop because there are always some kind of enemies on the back just firing at your team mates. plus you can always open the fight with a headshot.

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
thought that too^^
melee-mutants and most of the raiders are like hell...they cant stand still >_<
99er are different, the biggest problem with them is the very high shield and the small flamer guys.
rocket raiders and rifle mutants are easy to pick out. also most of the dark matter soldiers are easy.
the only problem is a team that shoots everything at the same time, like my mates do.
one runs at the front with his shotgun, one is in the back with his BMG, and most of the time one random guy runs around with Assault rifle or LMG xD
everything moves, everything flashes, everything takes damage...thats like hell xD

ocktos
04-10-2013, 03:44 PM
its mostly a melee / Sawed off shotgun perk..... its great..... you can nearly 2 piece most enemy's even in their elite forms... i love that perk.... pair it with melee and reload perk when shields are down and you can just run around... 2 piecing everything for 25-30 seconds, lets just say in a most Co-op matchs i clean house

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 03:50 PM
i fell in love with the "kill or be killed perk"
because im not playing on cloak, im playing on fortification. all the damage absorb perks (crouched, standing still and base) i will have 30% absorb, so i can take a few shots more than normal.
and if my shield is down i will get 45% extra crit damage. i think my highest crit was around 8500 on a dark matter soldier, that was awesome. sure, if i wont take cover soon enough im dead, but its worth the risk^^

NalkorRN
04-10-2013, 03:53 PM
its mostly a melee / Sawed off shotgun perk..... its great..... you can nearly 2 piece most enemy's even in their elite forms... i love that perk.... pair it with melee and reload perk when shields are down and you can just run around... 2 piecing everything for 25-30 seconds, lets just say in a most Co-op matchs i clean house

Oh not just melee/sawed off, you can use a Cluster Shot (combat shotgun that fires a frag grenade) and watch the damage sky rocket. It goes from 800~ to around 1,400 damage. Get a Cluster Shot that has enough fire rate (from mods, weapon maxxed out bonus maybe and weapon skill level) and you can easily kill some elites because they'll still be staggered when the next shot hits. Since the Cluster Shot's grenade follows an arc, you can fire it over rocks and onto roofs to hit snipers.

Warkaiser
04-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Havent tried it myself, but this would probably be very nice on the double tapping semi-auto sniper rifles.

Lazerus
04-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Oh not just melee/sawed off, you can use a Cluster Shot (combat shotgun that fires a frag grenade) and watch the damage sky rocket. It goes from 800~ to around 1,400 damage. Get a Cluster Shot that has enough fire rate (from mods, weapon maxxed out bonus maybe and weapon skill level) and you can easily kill some elites because they'll still be staggered when the next shot hits. Since the Cluster Shot's grenade follows an arc, you can fire it over rocks and onto roofs to hit snipers.
cluster shot...i think this is still the normal explosive shot, and not the splitting grenades?
what would happen with one of these grenade launchers with the splitting grenade?

Auldrek
04-12-2013, 11:44 PM
What exactly is "flinching"? Is this when they are on fire? Staggered from a melee hit? staggered from a head shot? staggered from an explosion? All of the above?