PDA

View Full Version : Saddest moments in gaming (Warning:Spoiler alerts are allowed and welcomed)

cjohn157
03-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Me and a friend were talking about this earlier and i'm curous about what you guys think is the saddest moment in gaming for me it's a toss between arieth's death in Final fantasy 7 and Lavitz death in the Legend of dragoon boh games were for the PS1.

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 04:37 AM
The Death of Dom on Gears of War 3, that music made it even worse boohoooooo

oh and Snake at the end of MGS4 with his pistol to his mouth

iChinglish
03-06-2013, 05:00 AM
The bad ending to Final Fantasy X-2 was really sad. Of course, there's THAT moment in Final Fantasy VII. The ending to Metal Gear Solid 3, concerning the truth about the Boss, was also really sad. Dom's Death in Gears of War 3 was surprisingly sad to me, as I found myself saddened despite the fact that I wasn't overly keen on Dom as a character.

I cried at all of those moments.

MOnte
03-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Me and a friend were talking about this earlier and i'm curous about what you guys think is the saddest moment in gaming for me it's a toss between arieth's death in Final fantasy 7 and Lavitz death in the Legend of dragoon boh games were for the PS1.

No more SSI gold box games and the introduction of Tram to OU.....

Fiancee
03-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Dark Brotherhood quest in Skyrim...

Defy
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Beginning of Far Cry 3, death of the brother

A s0t
03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
the whole game of aliens colonial marines, i cried it was so sad of a game, nes graphics, no dynamic lighting, laughable mp. the crusher the size of a large breed dog not the crazy omg that is huge, as shown on trailers

ff7 when that girl got a sword in the chest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJU5MuMH6Tw

Chirimo
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Arieth's death in FFVII for sure xD

A s0t
03-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Arieth's death in FFVII for sure xD
yeah that girl, and that other girl that steals your materia, ill never trust a new person in my party again

far cry 3 i murdered those lazy people they could have put that boat part there own selfs so i can go back hunting, outpost clearing, or what ever

Jay
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
ME3 lots of times throughout

OcelotKharn
03-06-2013, 03:50 PM
ME3 lots of times throughout
Which ended did you pick, I picked Synthesis. It was sad

b4l00n
03-06-2013, 04:04 PM
The Death of Dom on Gears of War 3, that music made it even worse

That was pretty sad but it wouldnt be as bad if it wasnt for Gears Of War 2 when Dom found his wife and had to kill her. IMO that built up his character and what he had lost during the war what he sacrificed for the greater good.
So yeah Gears 2 and 3 combined with Dom = major sadness

A s0t
03-06-2013, 04:29 PM
That was pretty sad but it wouldnt be as bad if it wasnt for Gears Of War 2 when Dom found his wife and had to kill her. IMO that built up his character and what he had lost during the war what he sacrificed for the greater good.
So yeah Gears 2 and 3 combined with Dom = major sadness

gow 2 i went to see if i could she her body, nope.
gow3 didn't even get that garbage, played a little, grade A 100% voice acting /sarcasm.

snippax
03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Mass Effect Series: Mission Thessia, Mission Earth, Mission Tuchanka, Thane's last rites with Kolyat, Synthesis Ending, Destroy Ending, Control Ending, the Ardat Yakshi monastery, Matriarch Benezia's death if you have Liara along, Tali'Zorah's father's death, Legion dying, Miranda dying if you don't read about Kai Leng. There are so many sad moments in the Mass Effect series.
Dom's wife is GoW and then his death in 3.

Katronia
03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Mass Effect Series: Mission Thessia, Mission Earth, Mission Tuchanka, Thane's last rites with Kolyat, Synthesis Ending, Destroy Ending, Control Ending, the Ardat Yakshi monastery, Matriarch Benezia's death if you have Liara along, Tali'Zorah's father's death, Legion dying, Miranda dying if you don't read about Kai Leng. There are so many sad moments in the Mass Effect series.
Dom's wife is GoW and then his death in 3.

Mass Effect Series.. Period.. Cried a few times during that series of games.

TRU
03-06-2013, 10:46 PM
What's really good with you people, everyone knows that the saddest moment of all time in gaming was when Sephiroth killed Aeris tru -_-

Your mom so dumb, they told her it was chilly outside so she went and got a bowl -_-

Odinswolf
03-07-2013, 05:59 AM
GOW 3 Dom's death as said before the music made it even more harrowing. Final Fantasy VII the death of Aries. Also found the death of Jorge is Halo Reach.

Grebo Greyblade
03-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Uther lightbringer's death in wc3 was quite sad.
it's what made me play wow when it was launched as i wanted to kill arthas i got pleasure when i killed the lich king back in wotlk and i haven't played wow since lol

rathb18
03-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Deus ex HR all those poor poor police men that got slaughtered......by me. Lets just say I got detected and had to kill everyone in the building that and because killing people is AMAZING!

Riz
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Maybe not sad, but a moment that really stunned the hell outta me and kept me shocked for days, even kept me from playing that particular game for 3 days...

In 2009 I picked up Borderlands, played the living hell out of it. All with my beloved soldier character Roland. Man, me and Roland had so much fun together. We played for hours and hours, day after day as months passed away. Of course the moment of boredom arrived and i put aside my Borderlands-game to move on to next great epic story on my PS3.

Until last year! Borderlands 2 arrived, and i saw footage and screenshots of my old friend Roland! Pre-ordering was a No-Brainer of course. My game arrived on friday, just before the weekend, PERFECT!, and i took 2 days off from work. So 4 days of nonstop play ahead of me. Sundayafternoon, i was around 75% of the game on normal mode... My character Axton the Commando and Roland as a NPC-helper got into the headquarter of Handsome Jack the baddie. We had to kill Handsome Jack's daughter who was forced to charge a vault key that could devestate the world of Pandora. Me (Axton) and my old bud Roland succeeded! We killed Jack's Daughter Angel and retrieved the vault key... Then all of sudden -cutscene- Handsome Jack comes up from out of nowhere and shoots the unaware Roland from behind in his back. Dead.... How the f... is that for an anti-climax?

2 Days off work for nothing, too stunned to play. Tried to get into the game again by Thursday, succeeded and still have lots fun with Borderlands 2, which is a great game! But still... Everytime i play that particular level, i walk away after killing Angel only to return after arriving in the safe city of Sanctuary.

A s0t
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
borderlands 2 i thought the first game said every 2000 years the vault opens, not 5 years, and why didn't Roland just respawn.

Grey
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
borderlands 2 i thought the first game said every 2000 years the vault opens, not 5 years, and why didn't Roland just respawn.

The whole "Vault" thing was a myth, it could have been opened anytime, just a clever rouse to get folks there and Hyperion controls the respawn system, And Jack controls hyperion, and most likely removed Roland from the system, Angel I would guess locked the others into the system and made it so Jack couldn't remove them

Envisionz
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Death of Dominic Santiago in gears (gears of war 3), and when you finally find Maria and Dominic Santiago is forced to kill her (gears of war 2).

DJTrig
03-08-2013, 04:15 AM
I agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuz7HeiOFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9uLqFFWfco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=759nVthMrbI

Was playing co-op and everybody was like "no way is dom running",i said he isn't and there was silence for a while.And on the last one my friend said "all the **** we hit her with and she dies from a simple knife hit",he got it when i pointed out the dom line needed to be done face-to-face.

Surprised nobody mentioned RDR.

Erayzor2k7
03-08-2013, 04:27 AM
-ME3-- the whole ending thing was sad... but dissapointing sad...
Emotionally sad for me:
-The changing/death of Kerrigan in SC.
-Spec Ops: The Line: The whole game you feel like you are part of Apocalypse Now... Very intense. Very sad. Especially if you find out you bombed a whole crowd of unarmed civilians... with gas-grenades...-.-

A s0t
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
-ME3-- the whole ending thing was sad... but dissapointing sad...
Emotionally sad for me:
-The changing/death of Kerrigan in SC.
-Spec Ops: The Line: The whole game you feel like you are part of Apocalypse Now... Very intense. Very sad. Especially if you find out you bombed a whole crowd of unarmed civilians... with gas-grenades...-.-
gotta play spec ops the line now
i replayed mowing down civilians in mw2 a few times

Grey
03-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Spec Ops the Line

Such a mind f**k loved it

Erayzor2k7
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM
gotta play spec ops the line now
i replayed mowing down civilians in mw2 a few times

Believe me: Itīs not the same....

Grey
03-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Spec Ops, is way deeper then anything, it's level of drama far out reaches the teehee-able civy killing in MW2

A s0t
03-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Believe me: Itīs not the same....

i mean just for killing civilians ghost recon future soilder frowns upon it

Grey
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Are you not getting it?

Spec Ops the Line is amazing

and really you can't compare it to anything like Ghost Recon, yes Ghost was fun, but honestly Spec Ops is more about the story then the actual combat, and for that in my book it shines

A s0t
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
ME? yeah ill get spec ops unless made by EA

Zombie
03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
GOW series. - Especially ghost of sparta when kratos buries deimos. Also kartos' story is just tragic kinda end up feeling pity for him.

Mass Effect - Kaidan, Jacob and Mordin. Everyone knows how Kaidan died. I lost Jacob in the last mission of ME2 when he got shot in the head closing a door. Mordin died saving the Krogans.

Dragon Age Origins - My mom cried at the ending when you find out Oghren named his kid after me.

SparklingNugs
03-09-2013, 05:24 PM
The day Gears of War 2 was released

Paladin
03-09-2013, 05:33 PM
The day Gears of War 2 was released

Kick it up a notch, the day they decided to turn Cowwaduty MW into a full series.

SparklingNugs
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Kick it up a notch, the day they decided to turn Cowwaduty MW into a full series.

Nah, I cried when I was playing GOW 2 for the first time. Literally.

But I agree; I played COD 2 online for over a year on Xbox, but that series went really downhill.

No perks, customs classes, and kill streaks>

A s0t
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM

every call of duty game is now by me deemed dlc that comes every year on a disk that the sheep buy.

SparklingNugs
03-09-2013, 05:41 PM
every call of duty game is now by me deemed dlc that comes every year on a disk that the sheep buy. http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/sheeple-1b.jpg

and my fav

http://red-pill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/sheeple.jpg

Ambic
03-09-2013, 06:12 PM
The death of Tabula Rasa is my saddest moment.

SparklingNugs
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
The death of Tabula Rasa is my saddest moment.

Yeah, growing up sucks.