PDA

View Full Version : I have so many questions!

Hi Im Factor
06-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Are contracts gone? if they are, how are we supposed to get faction rep?

What's with the faction vendors selling damaged items?

I have yet to see anyone using an infector, bmg, or charge blade, are these weapons removed from the game?

I have seen lots of people using assassin, guardian, medic, and assault class, but not demolitionist class. Is it a bad class?

Will Alcatraz and Silicon Valley be accessible at launch?

What's with the weapon rarity drops? I've gotten mostly greens and a couple of blues, but not a single purple or orange drop even though i've done mulitple majors and sieges.

Where are all of the mod vendors at?

What are prototypes and how do I get them?

Elastik Spastik
06-24-2018, 02:48 PM

I have yet to see anyone using an infector, bmg, or charge blade, are these weapons removed from the game?

I have seen lots of people using assassin, guardian, medic, and assault class, but not demolitionist class. Is it a bad class?

What's with the weapon rarity drops? I've gotten mostly greens and a couple of blues, but not a single purple or orange drop even though i've done mulitple majors and sieges.

From what I saw in the contracts, you have to be EGO 50 for them to unlock. Whether this was ffor beta only, or be like that at launch we have yet to see.

I didn't really look at faction rep vendors to be honest, as contracts were locked.

Charge blades are out. Infectors and bmgs are now prototypes (I think they said that).

Demo class was not unlockable in the beta.

Those areas, not sure if unlocked straight away or through following the main missions.

Yeah I had 2 blues all weekend. Every single drop apart from them was green. And was getting greens better than the blue I had. So not sure what was going on there.

You can buy mods at normal vendors (and are drops).

Prototypes will be very rare weapons that I can only assume will drop at major events.

Hope this helps somewhat.

ttoomm
06-24-2018, 06:23 PM
Prototypes will be very rare weapons that I can only assume will drop at major events.

Hope this helps somewhat.
On the live stream on the 22nd the devs shown a fue prototypes,some was from pursuits and some was from normal drops.The devs said a certain prototype will drop from every different enemy type,but not sure if it is mjr or seage.Volge boomerang gun you get from volge,saw blade launcher from raiders,hellbug venom spitter from bug and a scraper smg from scrapers,can't remember the names for the pursuits ones tho.........I think i seen your vid on youtube,"remasterd but what has changed". Good vid and i sub

Elastik Spastik
06-24-2018, 10:39 PM
On the live stream on the 22nd the devs shown a fue prototypes,some was from pursuits and some was from normal drops.The devs said a certain prototype will drop from every different enemy type,but not sure if it is mjr or seage.Volge boomerang gun you get from volge,saw blade launcher from raiders,hellbug venom spitter from bug and a scraper smg from scrapers,can't remember the names for the pursuits ones tho.........I think i seen your vid on youtube,"remasterd but what has changed". Good vid and i sub

Oh yeah, I missed that stream but I now remember them saying that in other streams. And thanks man means a lot :)

wuzup916
06-25-2018, 07:04 AM
Demo class was not unlockable in the beta.

You can buy classes at the crater, the demo sells for 1k commendation(goals) and the other classes sell for 250.. I bought the medic because I didn't have enough for demo but you are able to purchase other classes in the beta.

squidgod2000
06-25-2018, 10:37 AM

They don't start until level 50.

We'll find out at release—this beta doesn't run long enough for anyone to get the currency to buy any of the faction vendor items, so they won't be tested. I'm sure they'll work perfectly.

Infector and BMG are prototype weapons now. Charge Blade is an Assassin EGO ability.

Demolitionist isn't a starting class and the beta won't run long enough for anyone to grind the currency needed to unlock it, so it will not be tested. I'm sure it'll work perfectly.

Not sure about Alcatraz, but I heard somewhere that Silicon Valley is going to be revamped. Devs realize that it...wasn't great.

Rarity tier drop chance seems to scale based on your power ranking. I started seeing a lot more blues around 1000 power and players above 2000 power reported rarely ever getting green drops.

RNG Mod caches are available on all vendors.

Prototypes are some of the more exotic Defiance 1.0 weapons. They seem to drop from the new gold chests at the end of co-op missions. You need keycodes—which you get from completing dailies—to unlock the chests. Presumably they'll also be in the cash shop.

Kylarran
06-26-2018, 11:20 PM
I started a thread sharing open beta information that also included rarity drop information. Hopefully, it more than answers your questions, and doesn't give you too many new ones.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?305430-2050-salvage-and-weapon-ranking-changes-with-open-beta