PDA

View Full Version : Do all sight mods force 1st Person ADS?

P4NCH0theD0G
04-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I wanted to add some accuracy to my AR, and suddenly when aiming I was in an ADS/scoped view in 1st Person. With zoom. Not what I wanted. So I thought I maybe chose the wrong mod in the store, added a scope instead of a sight.

But no, I checked, the one with accuracy + and mobile accuracy + is a sight. Not a scope.

So I wanted to add some accuracy to my pistol, and suddenly when aiming I was in an ADS/scoped view in 1st Person. With zoom. Not what I wanted. So I thought I maybe chose the wrong mod in the store, added a scope instead of a sight.

And yes, I checked, the with accuracy + and mobile accuracy + is a scope. Not a sight. Sadly, there is no sight at all for the pistol in that store.

So now I wonder: Do all sight mods, no matter if they call themselves scopes or sights add 1st Person ADS? Even the shotgun ones?

I was hesitant to experiment, so I ask.

Help?

Wynce
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Shotguns do indeed get a zoom scope. I've been told the only exception is the one called Shotgun Hip Spread MK1/2/3.

P4NCH0theD0G
04-10-2013, 06:29 PM
But... but... but... ... WHY?

So every Single One, except that Hip Spread forces ADS? Pistols, BMGs, LMGs, SMGs, ARs, Shotguns, Detonators and Rocket Launchers, too?

WHY?

And why can't we tell until after the fact? And why can't we tell how much zoom will be applied?

Man, this is terrible...

OneClipWond3r
04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Basically all "zoom" in. No regular red dot, holo, etc.

P4NCH0theD0G
04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
But what about something that does NOT force you into 1st Person ADS when aiming? Just tightens your crosshairs or keeps it smaller when firing. I don't want to have my CQC SMG or Shotgun with a scope...

This is terrible.

Talon Swiftshot
04-10-2013, 07:00 PM
I understand your frustration, I don't particularly like it but apart from the devs no one can give you clear answer as to why it is forced upon us.

Indeed, it would be preferential if it were optional, and as much as I would like the scope bonuses, I asbolutely refuse to add a scope to my weapon, for now I suggest you do the same.

I always add the cope to my Sniper Rifle mind =P

merc zero
04-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Try the Tactical Scope for the AR/SMG/LMG

Brock 5amson
04-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually it's very logical the way the mods work.
Without the mod you have standardized zooming, the moment you put a scope on you ADS and get a extra stat bonus.

It makes lots of sense guys. You don't have to have a scope mod at all honestly. If you don't like the way the scopes feel. Just like any other FPS / TPS when you take a stock gun, and start adding things like scopes the guns stats change. You get what I am trying to hit in those noggins of yours?

P4NCH0theD0G
04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Logical would be if a mod named "scope" added a scope and a mod named "sight" added a sight without zoom.

Preferable would be a choice between mods that add 1st Person ADS and mods that don't. Most people don't want a scope on CQC weapons, but would like to have the accuracy/stability bonus a sight mod offers.

Perfect would be a third zoom stage triggered by pressing down on one of the sticks, so you go from 3rd Person Hipfire to 3rd Person Shoulder-Aim fire to 1st Person ADS.

Helpful would be to know which mods do what - I'm sorry, but just because I add a scope it shouldn't mean I absolutely cannot aim without it - before you buy/attach them.

People like choices. I don't see any reason why they should have NO choice when it comes to sight mods.

If you want a sight mod bonus you have to live with the scope or only hipfire? If you don't want a scope, you cannot have/use sight mods at all? That's just wrong.

I want sight mods without Zoom and/or 1st Person ADS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30740-I-want-SIGHT-MODS-WITHOUT-ZOOM-and-or-1ST-Person-ADS)! Mods that just tighten/stabilize the crosshairs and you stay in 3rd Person when aiming, just like without a scope.

P4NCH0theD0G
04-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Try the Tactical Scope for the AR/SMG/LMG

Does that NOT have 1st Person ADS? And is that somehow apparent when looking at it in the store? I'm asking, not arguing.

Still, I want a choice. I want sight mods - or rather accuracy/stability mods without a forced ADS, and I want mods in the shops or your inventory to clearly show if they force ADS or not - and if they do with how much zoom.

Please.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
At first when I attached a scope to my AR, I was disappointed, but I've gotten used to it and it actually has made my shots better. It takes a while to get used to but if you give it time, you'll get the hang of it.

Wynce
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Love my scoped AR. If I'm too close for the scope, I just hipfire. Or run in punch, back up one step and then scope in. It aims nicely for you at that distance.

ChunkyTheKlown
04-11-2013, 04:49 AM
I hate it too. But someone mentions the tactical scope for the AR. It's my favorite out of all of them if I had to choose. I would rather a you said just tighten the cross hairs instead of going ADS.

P4NCH0theD0G
04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Chime in here if you like: I want SIGHT MODS WITHOUT ZOOM and/or 1ST Person ADS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30740-I-want-SIGHT-MODS-WITHOUT-ZOOM-and-or-1ST-Person-ADS).

mikepaul
04-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Chime in here if you like: I want SIGHT MODS WITHOUT ZOOM and/or 1ST Person ADS (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30740-I-want-SIGHT-MODS-WITHOUT-ZOOM-and-or-1ST-Person-ADS).
I'm quite happy with the view through my AR scopes. Two ARs, both with scopes. When I want to shoot locally, I aim from the hip. Distant shots, use the scope. Far more ammo than a sniper, and if I have to shoot a guy on a roof several times to take him out, so be it. Also works OK on giant hellbug yellow spots, but for those the sniper is far superior...

TCBC Freak
04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm quite happy with the view through my AR scopes. Two ARs, both with scopes. When I want to shoot locally, I aim from the hip. Distant shots, use the scope. Far more ammo than a sniper, and if I have to shoot a guy on a roof several times to take him out, so be it. Also works OK on giant hellbug yellow spots, but for those the sniper is far superior...

Most upgrades make your hip fire more accurate as well, I had one AR that I put a sight on and the hip cross hairs got a lot smaller, it was more accurate from the hip after the mod than it used to be when zooming.

P4NCH0theD0G
04-13-2013, 12:43 PM
I just don't think you should either have to use a scope (ADS) or completely forgo any sight mods (except for the Shotgun).

MashterChief117
04-13-2013, 12:49 PM
I know how you feel, I lost 4 mods when I found out that my assault rifle's scope went into 1st person, I want the same thing

mikepaul
04-13-2013, 01:15 PM
I just don't think you should either have to use a scope (ADS) or completely forgo any sight mods (except for the Shotgun).
I guess it's all in what works for you. In all games where I have to look over the sight attached to the muzzle, I often misjudge the correct orientation and miss a lot. When there's a scope with a dot, all I have to remember is if the dot is the exact position of the shot at all distances. I kinda hate real-world physics in my shooter games, so anything the dot touches should DIE...