PDA

View Full Version : Beta / Ultimate Edition

Shewrog
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Hello Guys, good to meet you all, long term RIFT player looking forward to the game.

A quick question, I have the beta but want to buy the boxed Ultimate Edition from Amazon UK. In order to avoid complications or technical problems, will I have to remove the beta before installing the PC version, or will I not have to install the game from the disc at all with the beta, and just apply any relevant codes on my Trion account page?

Thanks in advance.

MOnte
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Hello Guys, good to meet you all, long term RIFT player looking forward to the game.

A quick question, I have the beta but want to buy the boxed Ultimate Edition from Amazon UK. In order to avoid complications or technical problems, will I have to remove the beta before installing the PC version, or will I not have to install the game from the disc at all with the beta, and just apply any relevant codes on my Trion account page?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen an official answer on that, but with most beta's you do not. The beta client usually is upgraded to release, but not all of them.

Papa Shane
03-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I also have the ultimate addition pre-ordered. Has any Beta info for the 3rd Beta been released yet?

MOnte
03-06-2013, 08:41 AM
I also have the ultimate addition pre-ordered. Has any Beta info for the 3rd Beta been released yet?

not as of yet.

RavnStrike
03-06-2013, 08:50 AM
what i usualy do is uninstal the beta client and clear out the folders that way it unsures a smooth install and no problems on launch day .. besides it takes what 5 seconds to remove it so ya know

Shewrog
03-06-2013, 02:25 PM
That's great, thanks for help, despite my enjoyment of gaming I'm not great tech-wise. :confused:

Sledgehammer70
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
The Beta install is separate from the full game install. You will need to install both.