PDA

View Full Version : Um so I beat Nim on the first try...

Jtech
04-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Without ever seeing the fight, by myself, without ever going into revive mode. He isnt hard at all lol I dont know why people were making a big deal

Dixa
04-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Without ever seeing the fight, by myself, without ever going into revive mode. He isnt hard at all lol I dont know why people were making a big deal

they are having trouble because up to that point the game can be brute-forced. stand there with overcharge and whatever weapon and melt everything.

nim requires you to actually play the game.

Jtech
04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
I had an infector that was honing and just went to town, kited around pillars and dodged ****.

Erei
04-10-2013, 06:56 PM
nim requires you to actually play the game.
Technically, it require you to roll all over the place again and again. And shoot, sometimes.
It's quite an easy fight if you are used to old 2D games, as it is the same annoying thing (avoid stuff, and shoot back when you can, learn the steps and dance). For others gamers, most of them younger, it may prove a bit more difficult.

Another
04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
So did I. I bunny jumped with a 9-shot flare gun and finished all 3 phases in <10 minutes

Cthulu
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Not everyone playing this game is accustomed to shooters. My only exposure to TPS has been the Mass Effect trilogy since I stopped playing counter strike back in the late 90's

Dixa
04-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Not everyone playing this game is accustomed to shooters. My only exposure to TPS has been the Mass Effect trilogy since I stopped playing counter strike back in the late 90's

unless you were playing on the lowest difficulty that cyborg ninja guy near the end had mechanics similiar to nim. not to mention banshees.

that game did have sticky cover however.

Cthulu
04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
unless you were playing on the lowest difficulty that cyborg ninja guy near the end had mechanics similiar to nim. not to mention banshees.

that game did have sticky cover however.

Nah, played on normal, think I started doing the hard difficulty just for the achievement. I struggled with Nim, but I did finally beat him when I found a weapon combo that worked other then what I had been using up to that point. My point being that many people having severe issues with Nim probably have less exposure to TPS then I do and might not have a good weapon combo that works for that fight. I ended up going SMG/BMG, running and healing when I got nailed by one of his special moves, and finally beat him. First and 2nd phase weren't THAT hard for me, but hard enough that I did die a few times.

Its great that you people can beat him with one hand up your anus and working the controller with your feet, but some of us aren't so used to this type of game play. :)