PDA

View Full Version : store>2013

HotHead
07-16-2018, 05:35 PM
are they going to fix this?

DEATHBRINGER210
07-16-2018, 05:55 PM
we are still waiting on a update from the dev team.

HotHead
07-17-2018, 03:15 PM
are they ever going to fix the glitches and the store in this game?
how long u's been waiting for an update?
must be too busy with 2050, which to me sucks

DEATHBRINGER210
07-17-2018, 04:04 PM
apparently its a "backend" issue. guessing a server issue . been over a month now. and still not a single word .

GCubed
07-25-2018, 10:41 AM
are they ever going to fix the glitches and the store in this game?
how long u's been waiting for an update?
must be too busy with 2050, which to me sucks

How long have we been waiting for an update?

If by update, you mean how long have we been waiting for any news...
Well, the store has been down since around 6/14/2018.

On 6/15/2018 we were told they were "hard at work addressing it as quickly as possible". It was also stated that "Unfortunately, this is a backend technical issue with no easy fix. There is no ETA that we can provide you all with, at this time, but once we have a clear time estimate as to when this will be corrected we will absolutely update you." And finally it was said "We will continue to put all of our resources into addressing this issue as quickly as possible, and I will continue to update you all as more news comes in."
On 6/22/2018 we received a Sorry for the lack of communications... message.
Since then it has been radio silence on everything pertaining to Defiance 2013 except for Rolling Blackout, much less the lag and a dead bit store.
So (being generous and counting the 6/22 message as "news") a tad less than five weeks.

If by update, you mean how long have we been waiting for a fix...
Well, since 6/14/2018, about six weeks.

DEATHBRINGER210
07-25-2018, 11:56 AM
still no update.

Silver Hawke
07-25-2018, 01:50 PM
I find it really weird that a business would be fine with a revenue stream being down for over a month, when any previous problems the store had were fixed right away because money. I don't actually think the store will be back.

Light Energy
07-25-2018, 02:28 PM
The D13 Bits store going down seemed to coincide with the store going up for D50.

My guess is they only have one server set up (correctly) for a Bits store, so they had to deprive D13 in order to get give D50 a working store (they basically took the D13 store and updated it for D50). Therefore, it's probably going to take a while to (re)build a store server for D13 (and they are more focused on D50).

Just a theory because we haven't had many details from Trion as to the cause. The store going down was also a handy way to restrict purchases (like buying more character slots) before June 22nd (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4zeWfmLvcAhUMApoKHTfrBFwQFgg3MAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.defiance.com%2Fshowthread. php%3F304405-Total-Valor-Cutoff-Date-June-22-2018-(11-59pm-PT)&usg=AOvVaw1O4E2-OjII9BJyHkVW8kiI), which may or may not have affected Valor.

I wish they would get the store back online soon ... I think it's the most important issue affecting D13 at the moment (apart from the lag, which seems to indicate some shared hardware with D50 ... like some device that is bottlenecking, trying to process data from both games). If we have Bits in D13, it would be nice if we could actually spend them.

DEATHBRINGER210
07-26-2018, 01:08 AM
The D13 Bits store going down seemed to coincide with the store going up for D50.

My guess is they only have one server set up (correctly) for a Bits store, so they had to deprive D13 in order to get give D50 a working store (they basically took the D13 store and updated it for D50). Therefore, it's probably going to take a while to (re)build a store server for D13 (and they are more focused on D50).

Just a theory because we haven't had many details from Trion as to the cause. The store going down was also a handy way to restrict purchases (like buying more character slots) before June 22nd (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj4zeWfmLvcAhUMApoKHTfrBFwQFgg3MAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.defiance.com%2Fshowthread. php%3F304405-Total-Valor-Cutoff-Date-June-22-2018-(11-59pm-PT)&usg=AOvVaw1O4E2-OjII9BJyHkVW8kiI), which may or may not have affected Valor.

I wish they would get the store back online soon ... I think it's the most important issue affecting D13 at the moment (apart from the lag, which seems to indicate some shared hardware with D50 ... like some device that is bottlenecking, trying to process data from both games). If we have Bits in D13, it would be nice if we could actually spend them.

at this point , i wouldnt put anything past them. the store being down is causing a lot of lag. and making hard to buy key and rep boxes. either way we still would like a fix for it.

girlagogo
07-26-2018, 07:19 AM
I wondered what happened to the bit store, I haven't played since February, and when i recently starting playing again, NO BIT STORE? ...that blew my mind, what game does that? ...i agree with "light energy" that they gave it to D2050, but for them to keep it down this long, is rather absurd. But, then again ...i'm sure they are focusing on everyone moving to D2050, so they can take down D2013, sadly enough!

Light Energy
07-26-2018, 10:26 AM
I've met a few players on PC EU who (whilst not like the whales on other platforms / regions) have still spent a chunk of change on D13. And those players spent hundred or thousands of Euros to buy Bits. Now ... I am fairly sure some of them, perhaps they are embarrassed to admit it, have quite a few Bits left to spend.

Having the Bits Store offline for this long in D13 seems almost like a scam. Trion took players money ... but then (accidentally) disabled the ability for players to actually get anything for that money. :( I feel bad for those players ... Trion should spend more resources on getting the Bits Store back again (especially since it feels D13 is on borrowed time).