PDA

View Full Version : offers steam : it is shameful !

Cenred
03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
offers steam

I think it is not just for those who have trusted you from the beginning and have already pre-purchase the game! I bought a deluxe version and if your offer was communicated on Steam earlier this is what I have bought. Bonuses offered on Steam + are downright interesting. This is a big middle finger extended to all players that you have confidence that you made ​​here. It is shameful. You disgust me Trion! It's been that time is exceeded 7d for my purchase, impossible to get a refund. You disgust me Trion. It is not reward the loyalty you but you take people for piggy banks!

============

Je trouve que ce n'est pas du tout juste envers ceux qui vous ont fait confiance depuis le début et ont déjà préacheter le jeu ! J'ai acheté une version deluxe et si votre offre sur Steam avait été communiqué plus tôt c'est elle que j'aurais acheté. Les bonus offerts sur Steam sont carrément + intéressant. C'est un gros doigt d'honneur tendu à tous les joueurs qui vous ont fait confiance ce que vous faite là. C'est honteux. Trion vous me dégouter ! Ca fait longtemps que le délai de 7j est dépassé pour mon achat, donc impossible de me faire rembourser. Trion vous me dégouter. Ce n'est pas la fidélité que vous récompensez mais vous prenez les gens pour des tirelires !

Super_Jagerman
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
What if they don't get enough preorders and none of the awards get unlocked? Then what?

I don't have any issues with this and neither should you. Cancel your preorder and go with Steam then. Others have.

rathb18
03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Your really going to ***** because of a few extra perks on steam? If your really that picky then maybe you should have waited till the steam version came out to began with because everyone should know by now that steam almost always has the best deal's you can get with games.

Codex
03-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Aren't the deals on Steam the same as the ones in the Ultimate edition anyways, other than the car, Storm Legion and the "exclusive title?"

There isn't much of anything that's different from the Ultimate pack.

Cowkiller
03-06-2013, 08:41 AM
the steam acount version may or may not pan out but it offered the same as standard version if u preordered from Trion but offers more if more people sign up. + u can upgrade your acount to the DD version for 40$ i asked here but nothing about that deal been offered.

personaly im going to try cancel my preorder from trion worlds and going the steam way

Cenred
03-06-2013, 08:43 AM
preorder bonuses are always unlock on steam

Aren't the deals on Steam the same as the ones in the Ultimate edition anyways, other than the car, Storm Legion and the "exclusive title?"

you kidding me?

bonus in addition to the deluxe edition :

Palier 1 :
Titre en jeu « Steam Powered »
5 emplacements d’inventaire supplémentaires
Quad A-Tex Growler

Palier 2 :
Copie numérique de Rift : Storm Legion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palier 3 :
Coffre bonus
5 emplacements d’inventaire supplémentaires
Booster d’XP pendant 7 jours
Réduction sur le Pass Saison
Jeep RM Nomad M4

Dantos
03-06-2013, 08:43 AM
What if they don't get enough preorders and none of the awards get unlocked? Then what?

Then, you pretty much have lost nothing, while at the same time had a shot at significantly more than what was offered at other retailers.

/shrug

Kenz
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM

It doesn't matter. As it stands, Steam pre-orderers have a significant chance at getting a whole slew of interesting extras. Others have a 0% chance of those rewards.

Super_Jagerman
03-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Then, you pretty much have lost nothing, while at the same time had a shot at significantly more than what was offered at other retailers.

/shrug

Exactly, don't see why there is an issue. Cancel and preorder order there and hope you get enough for the bonuses...

Exes
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
That is steam for you, they take the cake and add icing on top, on their own cost, to increase sales. That is the same way they always do sales, you get the same content for a cheaper price and steam actually maximizes the profit because a customer is much more likely to buy it on a reduced price making it an overall profit.

They do same with Defiance now, they give you extra benefits if many pre-order the game to push the sales. They might have to actually pay trion for the extra boosts and whatever that will unlock with more pre-orders but overall their profit increases.

It's pretty much a win-win(-win) situation. Steam gets more money, the customer gets more for the buck, Trion get's more publicity, more customers and overall also more money.

Cenred
03-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Exactly, don't see why there is an issue. Cancel and preorder order there and hope you get enough for the bonuses...

not possible to cancel a preorder if you have already returned the key to its trion account. And withdrawal period of 7 days is long finished. bref, Thank you Trion for that F..K to your fans !

Buruko
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM

That's kind of the problem, the UE is $150 while if you order on Steam for $60 you can end up with more bonuses and additional freebies than the UE by itself. Yes you do get the physical items but you are getting less game bonuses than a lower edition and since those have no inherent monetary value to balance unlike bits, season pass, etc you kinda feel like you got the short end of the stick.

I'm cool with a steam specific title and vehicle features but giving more ingame bonuses kinda irks me.

Exes
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
not possible to cancel a preorder if you have already returned the key to its trion account. And withdrawal period of 7 days is long finished. bref, Thank you Trion for that F..K to your fans !

Trion is Jekking their fans by bringing it to steam and giving them the choice? Really?

Busdriver
03-06-2013, 08:54 AM
search the posts by lance....somewhere we have been told that extra's will be different to different resellers.....

anyway....dislike ur kind of writing. be more friendly helps u maybe.

Aaricane
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Your really going to ***** because of a few extra perks on steam? If your really that picky then maybe you should have waited till the steam version came out to began with because everyone should know by now that steam almost always has the best deal's you can get with games.I think it's more about the moral of it then about its concept.....

Akkibenben
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
QQ, I didn't do my homework, and now it is this companies fault. They expanded their sales venues so now my butt is hurting real bad because of a couple cheap "frills" within the game

/move on, nothing to see here

Exes
So if the game goes on sale in 2 months will you also complain and ask for refunding the price difference?

Dantos
search the posts by lance....somewhere we have been told that extra's will be different to different resellers.....

anyway....dislike ur kind of writing. be more friendly helps u maybe.

I think that was referring to the pre-order weapons, which are different based on which retailer you go with.

Aaricane
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
So if the game goes on sale in 2 months will you also complain and ask for refunding the price difference?2 months from now, no. But if it does before the game launches (which it wont) but hell yes!

Cenred
03-06-2013, 09:05 AM
So if the game goes on sale in 2 months will you also complain and ask for refunding the price difference?

and if tomorrow the game down 20%, while it is not release, you who have already bought the game you will not complain? just a piggy bank ?

Currently the game is not release. For the same edition at the same price, the differences between the bonus should be minimal. This is not the case.

Exes
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
and if tomorrow the game down 20%, while it is not release, you who have already bought the game you will not complain? just a piggy bank ?

Currently the game is not release. For the same edition at the same price, the differences between the bonus should be minimal. This is not the case.

Nope, I'll be happy because I didn't pre-order it yet. Also it is actually normal that you get the price difference refunded if the the place where you pre-ordered the game suddenly sells it for cheaper. Same would happen if YOUR package that you pre-ordered gets changed. Having different stores sell it for different prices or with different contents is not the publishers, neither the devs, nor the stores problem.

It's up to the customer to buy it where they want.

rathb18
03-06-2013, 09:08 AM

I wouldn't complain, since it would have been my fault for not just waiting to see if it did go down. Especially since you can't even play the game for another 3 weeks there's no need to even worry about buying now unless your that desperate for Beta. But seriously what's the point in complaining just because someone else get's a few free things like xp boost or something?

boredinbc
03-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I will be calling to cancel tonight. I just don't understand how a 3rd party retailer (which take profits from Trion) could possibly offer better in game rewards than buying from the developer directly. Its very counter-intuitive. Like others have said before, the worst case scenario through Steam is that you end up with the exact same rewards as those who purchased through Trion.

I will post here if I am able to get my monies back.

Cenred
03-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Trion support (France) 0805-110264

I contacted this number. He told me that Trion offer no assistance to France to Defiance Game.

T_T Trion F;;K France ?

Dantos
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
I will be calling to cancel tonight. I just don't understand how a 3rd party retailer (which take profits from Trion) could possibly offer better in game rewards than buying from the developer directly. Its very counter-intuitive. Like others have said before, the worst case scenario through Steam is that you end up with the exact same rewards as those who purchased through Trion.

I will post here if I am able to get my monies back.

As I said in another thread I wouldnt be surprised if those perks were a condition of being put on steam in the first place. People now want to cancel pre-orders from the developer to go to steam instead of Trion. Trion gets access to the steam community, people who will only buy steam games, and the exposure that steam can bring, Valve gets (potential) bonuses that make it the best possible place to pre-order from if you are looking at it from a bonus perspective.

Valve could have also given Trion a deal (maybe a larger % of each purchase) in exchange for allowing them to offer such bonuses.

Valve is in a position of power in the PC digital distribution world, it's not surprising that they could negotiate things like this.

Cenred
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
"storm legion" is not a minimal bonus !

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Funny. Green man gaming or whatever its called had the game at $85 instead of $100 and none of these its not fair threads popped up.

I learned a long time ago to hold off as long as you can to get the best deals. Sometimes you come out better, sometimes worse. Either try getting a refund or learn from your mistake.

As for steam preorder. Its basically saying us PC players have a chance at a digital UE if enough people preorder but at a lesser cost as none of the things are physical.

As for storm legion. I dont play or subscribe for rift. Find someone like me who doesn't play and if we get it maybe they will gift it to you assuming steam allows that for people who dont already own it.

Yooji
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
steam not getting enough preorders xD

hilarious

Exes
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
steam not getting enough preorders xD

hilarious

The game is up on team for less than a day.

ironhands
03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Are you seriously complaining that a separate company is providing additional incentives? Steam wants to make money selling this item, and they want your money instead of you spending it at Gamestop. Trion will still end up with money at the end of the day, it's not like Steam doesn't cut Trion a cheque. True, it'd be less than what they would make if everyone had to go through Trion directly, but the amount of total sales would likely compensate.

You like the game, and the quality of the game is what made you purchase it, NOT the pre-order bonus items. Those items only determine which company you buy it from. The other items are bonuses, extras, something you didn't pay for. Are you going to complain 6 months from now that the cost of the game has likely dropped, and you paid full price as a pre-order?

What makes you think Trion has authorized or agreed to them to issuing Storm Legion as a bonus anyway? Steam could be giving it away at their own cost, out of pocket, to drive up the sales. Granted, it's an excellent idea considering it'll benefit Trion anyway in the long run.

Finally, these bonuses haven't been issued. If they don't get the required number, nobody gets Storm Legion, or the rest of the items, until that happens, there's not much you can complain about.

mcwjimbo
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
have you tried contacting customer support before posting this thread?

Have always found Trion customer support to be very helpful and even after 7 days if you explain nicely the issue and that they will still get their money but via steam as vs directly then they might be able to help you and wave the 7 day issue thing. Stress = say it nicely

Also; due to past experience with other games and forums, expecting this thread to end up locked by a MOD with a message to contact customer support and customer support issues can not be handled via forums

ironhands
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Funny. Green man gaming or whatever its called had the game at $85 instead of $100 and none of these its not fair threads popped up.

Less, a 25% off coupon for all versions. People were actually saying "I'm supporting Trion" in the thread.

Tr3nch
03-06-2013, 10:19 AM
As I do agree with a lot of people about this topic, its not such a big deal to go through the hassel of cancelling my preorder. I am disappointed to see these type of rewards from a third-party and not from the developer. My issue was that they didn't even have steam listed on the pre-order page on the main site. If they were planning on bringing Defiance to Steam then they should have let their community know that it was in the works. I would have preordered from Steam regardless of the perks simply because about 90% of my games are there. For those of us that have long preordered elsewhere this appears to be a slap in our faces. Again, I won't cancel my preorder over it but as a fan of Trion, I am very dissappointed with this news.

Oh and FYI, there is already another thread covering this topic...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3017-Defiance-now-on-Steam-with-preorder

ironhands
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
"storm legion" is not a minimal bonus !

It is to people who don't play, or care about, Rift. Just like the bonus character title, weapons, lock box, vehicle.... You'll probably have a better one in the game soon enough after you play. Even the XP bonus isn't really a big deal, it'll just take a little longer to grind up a level. I can't count the number of MMO items I've received as pre-order bonuses that I used for like, a day, and abandoned. Look at those golden weapons in Borderlands, they're useless an hour into the game.

Deimos
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I am disappointed, but then again you'll probably be able to get similar stuff in game anyway and I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to cancel to go via steam now.

Tr3nch
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I am disappointed, but then again you'll probably be able to get similar stuff in game anyway and I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to cancel to go via steam now.

My thoughts exactly

Ollam
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I had preorderd from Trion about 2weeks ago, saw the steam thing, I prefer buying through steam sent in a customer support ticket, told them I wished to cancel due to prefer buying through steam. Later same day got a response to the tune of We completley understand, your transaction will be refunded, and bam got the message of the refund to my card and then I preordered through steam. Took all of 10minutes to navigate to support page and type in my polite request.

Deimos
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Think of it this way, the entire amount you spend goes to Trion if you buy through them, which helps support the game and any other games like Archeage, I'd rather Trion stays a float than giving more money to steam so I can get some alternatives to what you can already get in game.

rathb18
03-06-2013, 11:00 AM

I know it's all stuff your going to get in the game sooner or later anyways, I think these people are almost as bad as my friend who bought 4 copies of Star Trek online just to get all the preorder bonuses. Lol he wound up spending almost $600 on that one MMO which eventually went F2P.

Super_Jagerman
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I had preorderd from Trion about 2weeks ago, saw the steam thing, I prefer buying through steam sent in a customer support ticket, told them I wished to cancel due to prefer buying through steam. Later same day got a response to the tune of We completley understand, your transaction will be refunded, and bam got the message of the refund to my card and then I preordered through steam. Took all of 10minutes to navigate to support page and type in my polite request.

Hoepfully this resolves his issue, if not. Too Bad, so sad.

Buruko
03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Alright I've been pondering this almost all morning and have gone from thinking that the Steam deal is really a rip on already placed pre-orders to my new opinion which is, a Steam order is not the same as Ultimate Edition, period. It is however imo the best way to pre-order a PC version of the game hands down.

If you've ordered Ultimate Edition your getting the value and collector bits you desire, plus you get 1200 bits, the Season Pass, and all of the collectible PHYSICAL items. The in-game items are kinda meaningless as they will afford a brief benefit upfront ultimately they will fade in use as players catch up leaving you with potentially the exclusive title.

I'm not going to sweat 5 inventory slots, which again will fade as characters progress and catch up.

Price of Ambition
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
I am kind of in agreement with this. I mean I am playing on a console and so now there are all these bonuses that I can't even get access to? Really annoying to say the least. It is not all that fair, but I understand the business aspect of it.

Fiancee
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I think you guys exaggerate this. Its only good Valve is doing their best so people buy "full priced" games. And you guys forget the most imporant thing, all pre-order stuff are useless after 1 week or so.

niijonodhg
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I managed to cancel my preorder through Trion and Im now preordered through Steam. It was no biggy, customer service were very helpful and fairly quick to respond (around 12hours)

Just put a ticket in :)

Dantos
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I think you guys exaggerate this. Its only good Valve is doing their best so people buy "full priced" games. And you guys forget the most imporant thing, all pre-order stuff are useless after 1 week or so.

Well I wouldnt say they would be useless. I'm not sure if vehicals have vastly different speeds or clear advantages over others, so those might be useful for a long time. Extra inventory slots, I can see those always being useful. Also if it gets to the 3rd reward, discounted season pass is probably going to be like 5-10$ cheaper.

ironhands
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
You'll get a better vehicle eventually, it'll just take time, or money. I snagged a top end mount in Rift pretty quickly that made my pre-order mount useless. Everything, in time, will pan out. The pre-order bonus items just give you a nudge early on in most cases. The inventory boost is probably the only thing that might work out better in the long run, if you're a packrat, but even then, it's not a major advantage, just lets you haul more stuff to the trash vendor in a single trip :P

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Well I wouldnt say they would be useless. I'm not sure if vehicals have vastly different speeds or clear advantages over others, so those might be useful for a long time. Extra inventory slots, I can see those always being useful. Also if it gets to the 3rd reward, discounted season pass is probably going to be like 5-10$ cheaper.

But if you get physical UE you get the pass and more... so its not like there is a giant difference.

Besides i think this was more an incentive for people who haven't heard of the game. Figure everyone who knew about the game likely preordered already. So give a "potential" reward to get players only slightly interested to purchase.

Also notice they didnt mention numbers to get those additional rewards. It could take 100k preorders to get to the free rift expansion, nevermind the free truck (which i want).

Archangel
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I might be missing something here but what is the offer steam is pushing vs's the offer Trion is for the Digital Deluxe Edition? Can someone post a link to the bonus content for both?

Here is the Trion DDE:

PRE-ORDER BONUSES PLUS
Collector's Outfit - Ark Infiltrator
“Hydra” Rocket Launcher
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
"+5" Inventory Space
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Lock Box
Unique Vehicle Color
In-game title: Badlands Drifter

What is Steam offering?

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
I might be missing something here but what is the offer steam is pushing vs's the offer Trion is for the Digital Deluxe Edition? Can someone post a link to the bonus content for both?

Here is the Trion DDE:

PRE-ORDER BONUSES PLUS
Collector's Outfit - Ark Infiltrator
“Hydra” Rocket Launcher
Rare VBI Sentinel Shield
"+5" Inventory Space
30-Day XP Boost
30-Day Scrip Boost
Lock Box
Unique Vehicle Color
In-game title: Badlands Drifter

What is Steam offering?

Same thing if you purchase the DD version for $99.99 except you get the steam sniper instead of trion weapon i believe.

However if enough people preorder through steam you can get 3 additional tiers of bonuses.
First tier is a quad and some inv slots toer 2 is a free rift expansion and third is basically another 5 inv slots and a truck.

There is a thread about steam open to preorders around here that has links. At work on phone but ill see about finding it. But as i said steam didn't post numbers. Could be inordinately high preorders needed to get those bonuses

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?3017-Defiance-now-on-Steam-with-preorder

sandman362
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
the weather looks bad for the friday live stream. looks like a ****storm.........:confused:

Ambic
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
You will be able to get the steam rewards after a couple of DLC's, so I don't see a big deal in getting the stuff from the steam pre-order that everyone will have access too shortly after launch anyway.

On top of that, steam requires the steam client to download and play games, so it's just another hassle people don't like to fool with. And if the game ever supports add-ons and people download the curse client or if the game gets featured on raptr for rewards there will be a raptr client. Too many clients and not enough game. I say don't worry about steam and carry on.

boredinbc
03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
As I said in another thread I wouldnt be surprised if those perks were a condition of being put on steam in the first place. People now want to cancel pre-orders from the developer to go to steam instead of Trion. Trion gets access to the steam community, people who will only buy steam games, and the exposure that steam can bring, Valve gets (potential) bonuses that make it the best possible place to pre-order from if you are looking at it from a bonus perspective.

Valve could have also given Trion a deal (maybe a larger % of each purchase) in exchange for allowing them to offer such bonuses.

Valve is in a position of power in the PC digital distribution world, it's not surprising that they could negotiate things like this.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for TRION getting as many buyers as possible. We all have a vested interest in the games success. I just don't like it when retailers offer better discounts or rewards when I have already made a purchase. If this were a sale on a product at a physical store I would likely be able to walk in with my receipt and be refunded the difference, or get the add-on. Its in a retailers best interest to create a shopping environment that doesn't punish the customer for making an impulse buy. In my case, I pre-ordered the game and a DLC literally hours before it was launched on Steam.

We are seeing quite a few people here who pre-ordered quite a while ago and are upset that they wont get some of the bonus content. The best practice here would be to ensure that rewards for early buyers were always greater (or at least the same but different) than those than came after.

Valethar
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM

It's not counterintuitive at all. Steam paid them for the exclusives, the same way Failstop paid to be the exclusive retailer for the ultimate edition. It's basic marketing.

boredinbc
03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
It's not counterintuitive at all. Steam paid them for the exclusives, the same way Failstop paid to be the exclusive retailer for the ultimate edition. It's basic marketing.

When I say its counter-intuitive I am speaking from a customers perspective, because that's what I am. I am not a retailer or game developer and I certainly didn't worry about what Dianne from marketing thinks of my ideas. But I stand by my earlier statement. It is counter intuitive to think that in order to get the best and most unique in game items I should have to order from a 3rd party and not the developers themselves.

Valethar
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
It is counter intuitive to think that in order to get the best and most unique in game items I should have to order from a 3rd party and not the developers themselves.

First time buying a game? :confused:

It's not exactly a new concept, and it's not limited to games. Retailer exclusives have been around for many years.

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
When I say its counter-intuitive I am speaking from a customers perspective, because that's what I am. I am not a retailer or game developer and I certainly didn't worry about what Dianne from marketing thinks of my ideas. But I stand by my earlier statement. It is counter intuitive to think that in order to get the best and most unique in game items I should have to order from a 3rd party and not the developers themselves.

believe it was this thread, but may have been another. i have learned from my time gaming and buying things in general. waiting as long as possible tends to be the best option. the sellers will get desperate to sell as much as possible, or if not desperate, than just in the mind set of "we have x amount but only selling U amount. do something to get them to buy x amount or more"

as such more incentives tend to be offered. this doesnt work with everything, but it works with most things. learn to discern a good deal from a bad, and when to buy and when to hold off. it will help you in life.

besides, trion gets if not all, then a large portion of the sales that steam produces. besides, have you seen the preorder bonuses for steam? with however many people bought it in the first day, they are only at 3% of the way to the FIRST bonus item. if we can get to the third bonus preorder items, great, but it looks as if getting to one or two will be a challenge.

Buruko
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
besides, trion gets if not all, then a large portion of the sales that steam produces. besides, have you seen the preorder bonuses for steam? with however many people bought it in the first day, they are only at 3% of the way to the FIRST bonus item. if we can get to the third bonus preorder items, great, but it looks as if getting to one or two will be a challenge.

If they do 3% per day they will reach 84% by launch.

Payback
03-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Well I am on the Xbox so I am not hurt by this! LOL

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 07:42 PM
If they do 3% per day they will reach 84% by launch.

yeah... so we might not even get the first bonus item and people are complaining about it.

sammage
03-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Probably been said somewhere on the boards already, but Trion is making it easy to flip over to a Steam pre-purchase if you bought it here too...so impulse buyers can switch easily. I had confirmation of my Trion refund within about an hour of submitting a ticket. REALLY great service on that. I expected to wait at least a day and then have to haggle since I bought from Trion quite awhile ago.

Prophet of Entropy
03-07-2013, 04:50 AM
what is steam offering? some have been wondering. for those without steam this is what they are selling. since the numbers needed for each phase are only know to Trion and Steam.....

Base offer: cost-59.99 USD

Beta invite
3 day xp boost
Outlander outfit
In game title: Iron Demon
Steam Exclusive Weapon “Phoenix” sniper rifle

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes: cost-99.99USD

Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
In game title: Badlands Drifter
VBI Sentinel Shield
30 Day scrip boost
30 Day XP boost
Lock Box
+5 Inventory
Unique Vehicle Color

as more people preorder more rewards are unlocked

Phase 1:

Everything Above, Plus:
Steam Exclusive Title “Steam Powered”
+5 inventory slots
A-Tex Growler: Durable and reliable transportation in a no-nonsense package. The Petrahol super charged engine will give you a boost power when it’s most needed. This dark green camo patterned quad with heavy duty suspension is just what an Arkhunter needs to conquer the rough and hazardous terraformed terrain.
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/224600/extras/game_page_banner-Reward1.png
Reward Phase 2

Everything Above, Plus:

Free Copy of Rift: Storm Legion
Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

Reward Phase 3

Lock box
+5 additional inventory slots
7 day XP boost
Discount off the Season Pass
RM Nomad M4: The RM Nomad M4 model is not yet available on the open market, so this is your chance to acquire an exclusive, blue digi-camo version months in advance! With a powerful combination of high durability and speed, this heavy duty 4X4 will protect you both on and off road. Powered by a non-threaded, multi-combustion fuse tank, the Nomad gets you and your valuable ark tech where you need to be.
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/224600/extras/game_page_banner-Reward3.png

Prophet of Entropy
03-07-2013, 04:56 AM
so if you buy the DDE and it gets all 3 rewards your ingame stuff will be;

Ark Hunter Infiltrator Outfit
Hydra Heavy Weapon
In game title: "Badlands Drifter" and "Steam Powered"
VBI Sentinel Shield
30 Day scrip boost
37 Day XP boost
2 Lock Boxes
+15 Inventory
Unique Vehicle Color
a T-rex Growler vehicle
a RM Nomad M4 vehicle

and a discount for a season pass. ammount unknown.

Ambic
03-07-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm not trying to turn people against the steam pre-order, I'm just letting people know that if you don't feel like going through the trouble of cancelling a previous order to pre-order from steam, don't feel like you have to, because most of the highly anticipated items from the steam pre-order will be available in a future DLC anyway.

Prophet of Entropy
03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm not trying to turn people against the steam pre-order, I'm just letting people know that if you don't feel like going through the trouble of cancelling a previous order to pre-order from steam, don't feel like you have to, because most of the highly anticipated items from the steam pre-order will be available in a future DLC anyway.

yea but canceling with trion takes all of 5 mins. tops. all done online.

Jens
03-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Currently waiting for them to cancel... :)
Will order it on Steam as soon as its done.

Snow
03-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Will keep my fingers crossed for all of you for the steam pre order bonuses checked this morning it was on 4% hopefully for you guys/gals buying it on steam you will at least get the first tier of rewards.

niijonodhg
03-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Yup 4% still. Come on peeps let get that percentage up!!

GT3000
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
There's literally no benefits to be an early adopter of anything. Waiting to the last possible moment always has and will be the best choice especially when it comes to game preorders.

SpyTower
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
There's literally no benefits to be an early adopter of anything. Waiting to the last possible moment always has and will be the best choice especially when it comes to game preorders.

Wish I had done this. I preordered from GMG using the 20% discount code, but because they already sent me the license key, I cannot cancel it and pick it up on steam.

Akkibenben
03-07-2013, 09:13 AM
The only gripe I have, is I would rather have 30day xp boost than some silly real world items (xbox player btw). If they offered a digital deluxe download for the xbox I would be all over it.

LoE
03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Up to 5% now.

Doesn't help that you got bunch of trolls and discontents badmouthing the game on the Steam forums, as well as waving the flag of Colonial Marines as an example to avoid pre-ordering games altogether.

Brainstorm
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Cancled my Amazon.de order (I didn't know, whether i get a beta invite), took me less than 1 minute and preordered from steam.
Thanks Trion for working with Steam.

Pasha
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
6% now. C'mon, people, it's a great game - purchase it for yourself, your friends and your pet. It's good for your teeth and hair and will make you a better person.

(I want Storm Legion bonus + cloudy car...)

Desidus
03-07-2013, 06:39 PM
6% now. C'mon, people, it's a great game - purchase it for yourself, your friends and your pet. It's good for your teeth and hair and will make you a better person.

(I want Storm Legion bonus + cloudy car...)

I'm console so I can't help you out.. unless you want to help me buy a gaming laptop. Then I will preorder through steam just for you. lol.

Tr3nch
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
6% with about three weeks left.. I don't know if you'll make it.. I am ordering a standard edition for a friend so I hope WE do.

Ambic
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Alright. I did it even though I talked about not doing it... lol. I cancelled my pre-order and made a new pre-order on Steam... Let's get this show on the road!

Desidus
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Alright. I did it even though I talked about not doing it... lol. I cancelled my pre-order and made a new pre-order on Steam... Let's get this show on the road!

lol sucked in.. or maybe that is suckered in... ;) lol.

UmbrusNightshade
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I have a feeling that if Sony and Microsoft had allowed cross-platform play (which is what Trion had intended from the beginning) then the retailer exclusive pre-orders would have been more equivalent for everyone. As a console player I don't really care that Steam has potential add-on exclusives since I can't play with anyone who has that stuff anyway (and if I could I don't see it as such a big deal). Like it has been said earlier in this thread - Some of that stuff you won't be using in a couple of months from now and the other stuff will eventually be released in DLC. It shouldn't be that much of an issue, people. It's not like the items give you a true advantage over the other players. That would be the only way that I saw it as a major "screw you" to the players.

Duskguy
03-07-2013, 07:38 PM
umbris... we may not even get the first extra reward due to the game already being pre purchased from so many other sources and the fact so many people on steam are bad mouthing the game in general, even though they likely havent played it. and today's internet generation tend to listen to the loudest complainer rather than do their own research into seeing if they will like the game.

so... you have even less to worry than you already are not worrying :P

Desidus
03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
I have a feeling that if Sony and Microsoft had allowed cross-platform play (which is what Trion had intended from the beginning) then the retailer exclusive pre-orders would have been more equivalent for everyone. As a console player I don't really care that Steam has potential add-on exclusives since I can't play with anyone who has that stuff anyway (and if I could I don't see it as such a big deal). Like it has been said earlier in this thread - Some of that stuff you won't be using in a couple of months from now and the other stuff will eventually be released in DLC. It shouldn't be that much of an issue, people. It's not like the items give you a true advantage over the other players. That would be the only way that I saw it as a major "screw you" to the players.

*claps* well said. I agree its just beginning game bonus not the end all be all. All weapons through exclusives they have said we will get the same items in game however they may be slightly different. So for instance maybe thundershock will be a certain shotgun which is available in game normally available with a fire element but the special preorder is electrical element instead.

Yes I used the code bonus ones as an example not the preorder, but I couldn't remember the preorder guns. lol.

Necroshan
03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Long time lurker but i just had to post on this epic thread..

I hope TRION adds a new perk to pre-odering through them, a giant "Box of Tissue".

Necro

Valethar
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
6% now. C'mon, people, it's a great game

If I could get the UE from them, it would be worth canceling the order from Failstop to do. Sadly, the only way to get the UE is to deal with Failstop.

Cowkiller
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
canceled my preorder from trion was simple got my credits back in under 1 day now im preordered with steam

on the side note i do like steam for its never neededing a DvD/CD to install just have to install with steam + auto patches = win

the extras are just that extras if it gets to reward 1 i be happy. but having a sniper rifle to start ins going to be fun

now to wait on beta so i can see how the game plays ( for my self have see the videos )

UmbrusNightshade
03-07-2013, 10:34 PM
umbris... we may not even get the first extra reward due to the game already being pre purchased from so many other sources and the fact so many people on steam are bad mouthing the game in general, even though they likely havent played it. and today's internet generation tend to listen to the loudest complainer rather than do their own research into seeing if they will like the game.

so... you have even less to worry than you already are not worrying :P

Dusk, actually I kinda hope you guys on Steam get all the bonuses. It doesn't hurt me that you *might* get some stuff that I'll have to wait for. And also this would kind of spite the people that are knocking the game without trying it. In fact if I could purchase it through Steam and have access to the PS3 version I'd cancel my preorder from Gamestop and do just that.

Ambic
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I've noticed a steam purchase issue tonight so that may be the cause of the low % of pre-orders so far. Hopefully they resolve that issue quickly

Jens
03-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Got my money back via paypal from Trion in a matter of minutes.
Ordered at steam and waiting for my codes to arrive :)

JohnMcClane
03-08-2013, 12:55 AM
What is shame full ? Steam is a giant and has a big say if you want your games on it.
The fact its is on Steam is a win-win ,keep in mind this is a buy to play every sold copy is lifeblood into the game we all want to play.

To me the offer of steam is more a gamble than a real offer ,if the bars don't get filled you will not get it.
But its freedom of choice .
Sad but true the grass of the neighbors looks always greener.

Trion is customer friendly just contact them explain and they will help.

Ozmo
03-08-2013, 01:04 AM
went on to Trion support live chat and had a refund in a matter of minutes, the level of customer service they provide is outstanding, in fact you could of had a refund quicker then the time it took to create this thread :)

Desidus
03-08-2013, 01:46 AM
went on to Trion support live chat and had a refund in a matter of minutes, the level of customer service they provide is outstanding, in fact you could of had a refund quicker then the time it took to create this thread :)

lol but he would rather gripe about it than do anything about it. lol.

Pasha
03-08-2013, 03:09 AM
7% now.

~3% per day, 24 days left...

Souler
03-08-2013, 03:19 AM
On top of that, steam requires the steam client to download and play games, so it's just another hassle people don't like to fool with. And if the game ever supports add-ons and people download the curse client or if the game gets featured on raptr for rewards there will be a raptr client. Too many clients and not enough game. I say don't worry about steam and carry on.

Wrong! If u buy the game on steam u can choose. U still are able to play it like if u ordered from Trion directly.

Brainstorm
03-08-2013, 06:24 AM
7% now.

~3% per day, 24 days left...

Remember, theres a huge number of people lurking for the subsequent rewards. I guess as soon as it hits 50% of the 2nd reward, more and more people preorder via Steam.

Rarodil
03-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Remember, theres a huge number of people lurking for the subsequent rewards. I guess as soon as it hits 50% of the 2nd reward, more and more people preorder via Steam.

While I also believe there are people lurking and waiting, I don't think we're going to get to the second reward. Extrapolating from 7% in two days means we'll get the first reward and not a whole lot more (unless the lurking population is much much larger).

lutheran
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Cant see why you cant cancel a pre-order

GT3000
03-08-2013, 08:14 PM
There's literally no question the game will fullfill it's preorder rewards quota. Steam reserves the right to grant the bonuses as they see fit. I don't think there has been a game with the rewards system in place that hasn't reached its quota (either artificially or actually) especially when reaching one or two tiers almost guarantees a gold rush. I expect it to be done in the last week before the game goes live.

Dekar
03-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Yea, I'm gonna basically guarantee that wasn't Trion's doing. Steam has been doing this tiered thing for the last few months, cause they want to MAKE people preorder. That's probably why it took so long to get it on steam was cause valve said "Come up with a few more bonuses." No need to hissy fit, hell we're only 9 percent to the first unlock! SHAMEFUL! Cancel your trion/gamestop preorders, get in on the steamy goodness, and lets all get a discount on the season pass! :D

Dead_Phoenix
03-09-2013, 02:56 AM
Yea, I'm gonna basically guarantee that wasn't Trion's doing. Steam has been doing this tiered thing for the last few months, cause they want to MAKE people preorder. That's probably why it took so long to get it on steam was cause valve said "Come up with a few more bonuses." No need to hissy fit, hell we're only 9 percent to the first unlock! SHAMEFUL! Cancel your trion/gamestop preorders, get in on the steamy goodness, and lets all get a discount on the season pass! :D

thats most likely why there was such a delay on the pre-order coming to steam. steam saying "give us more".