PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

Lumanosity
03-06-2013, 09:32 AM
1. Have any of the previous betas been available for xbox 360? Will we be able to play xbox 360 in the final beta?

2. Are the Von Bach Industries Ark Hunter Kits on sale or will they ever be on sale?

3. On the Trionworlds website, under Account, under settings, there is a link to console button? What is that for?

4. Has there been any information released about the DLC? (I just bought the season pass)

I have a few more, but none that I can think of now

Duskguy
03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
1. Have any of the previous betas been available for xbox 360? Will we be able to play xbox 360 in the final beta?

2. Are the Von Bach Industries Ark Hunter Kits on sale or will they ever be on sale?

3. On the Trionworlds website, under Account, under settings, there is a link to console button? What is that for?

4. Has there been any information released about the DLC? (I just bought the season pass)

1 is all pc but last beta is supposed to be on all systems
Not sure about 2.
3 will be for linking your game and system to trion account for any codes and bonuses you may acquire through trion.
4 is they said dlc pass will last between 3 and 12 months and it was let slip or implied the pass will cover 5 dlcs

On phone so hope this helps and cant go into more detail

Desidus
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Not sure about 2.
3 will be for linking your game and system to trion account for any codes and bonuses you may acquire through trion.
4 is they said dlc pass will last between 3 and 12 months and it was let slip or implied the pass will cover 5 dlcs

the beta forums are popping like mad!

Lumanosity
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Not sure about 2.

Thanks, so I can buy the DLC pass on my computer, but use the code so the pass will be used on my 360?

Tr3nch
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks, so I can buy the DLC pass on my computer, but use the code so the pass will be used on my 360?

Not sure but theoreticly yes. But the pass will be on Xbox Live for the same price even after the game launches. So personally I would just wait until after launch to by the pass.

Lumanosity
03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Not sure but theoreticly yes. But the pass will be on Xbox Live for the same price even after the game launches. So personally I would just wait until after launch to by the pass.

Yea, thanks.

S0LACE
03-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I wanna know what the hell the in game titles do...

Lumanosity
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I wanna know what the hell the in game titles do...

They're just for looks from what I understand, like with the arkhunter codes reward title you would be 'VBI Recruit S0LACE'.

Sledgehammer70
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM

1.) No, and details are coming for Advance Mission Beta 3.

2.) No, they were a limited run.

3.) That is to link your console to your Trion account. (You should and will need to do this for BETA access and possible other events we host around Defiance.

4.) We have not released details outside of what is listed here (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/03/05/the-defiance-season-pass-is-here/) around the DLC

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Are there vendors that sell weapons or that you can sell to? And do they have a chance of selling rare guns?

Is there friendly fire in this game?

Sledgehammer70
03-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Yes, Defiance has vendors and placements on the game that allow you to buy weapons, ammo and armor etc... You can also sell weapons and armor that you no longer want.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 03:10 PM
What is the health regen like? Is there any regen at all? I understand the shields regen and there is the healing gun, but does it work for health as well? Or is there no heath at all?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
1.) No, and details are coming for Advance Mission Beta 3.

2.) No, they were a limited run.

3.) That is to link your console to your Trion account. (You should and will need to do this for BETA access and possible other events we host around Defiance.

4.) We have not released details outside of what is listed here (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/03/05/the-defiance-season-pass-is-here/) around the DLC

Sledge to the rescue once again!

Defy
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
not sure about health regen but assuming normal (ie when you are not fighting it regens or you can eat food/potions of sort?)

TR GunPlay
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Health slowly regens over time

A s0t
03-07-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance

this is on the xbox

Archangel
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
What is the health regen like? Is there any regen at all? I understand the shields regen and there is the healing gun, but does it work for health as well? Or is there no heath at all?

I bet if you took the time to watch the live stream videos you can see if the health is regenerating on its own or not.

I want to say there is a small regen but i can't make it official with evidence due to NDA.

Go the the stream link in my sign and click on the video's there and just start watching them. You have hours upon hours of game play done by the amazing dev team and community managers. You will learn a lot about the game and answers to questions you may have.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I bet if you took the time to watch the live stream videos you can see if the health is regenerating on its own or not.

I want to say there is a small regen but i can't make it official with evidence due to NDA.

Go the the stream link in my sign and click on the video's there and just start watching them. You have hours upon hours of game play done by the amazing dev team and community managers. You will learn a lot about the game and answers to questions you may have.

Ok, I watched a bit. Yea, it looks like there is a little bit of regen

How does one acquire an alpha key?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Ok, I watched a bit. Yea, it looks like there is a little bit of regen

How does one acquire an alpha key?

Show support through contributions on the forums and you may get lucky. Watch the live streams and you may get lucky. Participate in the events they announce and you may get lucky.

Really it comes down to a lot of luck and you making a name for yourself through actively participating here on these forums and in the live streams. They have new and creative ways to hand out Alpha's all the time.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Show support through contributions on the forums and you may get lucky. Watch the live streams and you may get lucky. Participate in the events they announce and you may get lucky.

Really it comes down to a lot of luck and you making a name for yourself through actively participating here on these forums and in the live streams. They have new and creative ways to hand out Alpha's all the time.

Ah. I see, so it's about making a name for yourself and being recognized and whatnot?

[Edit]: And is there a Bind on Equip and Bind on Pickup? If I have a really nice weapon I have an upgrade for can I just trade the old one to a friend?

[Edit x2]: Is there a cool down for self-revive? If so, what is it?

Archangel
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Ah. I see, so it's about making a name for yourself and being recognized and whatnot?

[Edit]: And is there a Bind on Equip and Bind on Pickup? If I have a really nice weapon I have an upgrade for can I just trade the old one to a friend?

Yeah its a lot of luck for alpha, and even that doesn't guarantee an invite.

I want to say yes and no. I dont know if i can explain why this is my answer because its not something that has been mentioned in the streams.

Items obtained through quest rewards are locked to that character. Anything else is only limited by the Ego rating on the weapon.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah its a lot of luck for alpha, and even that doesn't guarantee an invite.

I want to say yes and no. I dont know if i can explain why this is my answer because its not something that has been mentioned in the streams.

Items obtained through quest rewards are locked to that character. Anything else is only limited by the Ego rating on the weapon.

So in theory if me and my friend had the same ego, and the weapon dropped from an arkfall or some sort of mob, I could trade it with my friend.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 04:09 PM
So in theory if me and my friend had the same ego, and the weapon dropped from an arkfall or some sort of mob, I could trade it with my friend.

There is trading in the game with friends yes. If he/she has the rating to use it he can.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
im glad these aren't in PM. lol but i am happy to be able to try my best at answering them.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
What is the cooldown for self revive?
(I'm gonna know this game inside out by the time it releases)

Desidus
03-07-2013, 04:20 PM
What is the cooldown for self revive?
(I'm gonna know this game inside out by the time it releases)

I don't think even the developers know this game in and out... lol.

Archangel
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Again i'll state. There are a ton of questions out there with answers. Many can be found on Rokkrwolf's FAQ, some can be found on the Friday Live Stream Compilation thread. You can find them in the IGN video and on the streams.

I would take the time to write down your questions on a piece of paper. Then as you watch the videos, scratch off the questions you find answers for.

Because a lot of questions could be related to content that we may not have seen yet or questions we can't answer because it will break NDA.

Lumanosity
03-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Again i'll state. There are a ton of questions out there with answers. Many can be found on Rokkrwolf's FAQ, some can be found on the Friday Live Stream Compilation thread. You can find them in the IGN video and on the streams.

I would take the time to write down your questions on a piece of paper. Then as you watch the videos, scratch off the questions you find answers for.

Because a lot of questions could be related to content that we may not have seen yet or questions we can't answer because it will break NDA.

Hadn't even thought about the NDA. Yea, I've looked through a few of the live streams. And thats a good idea, thank you.