PDA

View Full Version : Player Character on TV

JustanotherGuy
10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
This is just an idea but what if your character some how ended up on the TV version of this game. I mean I seriously doubt it but you know it would be awesome to see your character on tv. I don't mean just any characters (sort of obvious) of course there has to be conditions like they won some sort of event held by game or one of first few players to play game, but I was just wondering what other people thought of that idea.

P. S. if someone else thought of this idea and wrote thread about it sorry I didn't have time to look over whole forum so sorry if I accidentally stole your idea.

Shadinaxx
10-18-2012, 07:01 PM
This is just an idea but what if your character some how ended up on the TV version of this game. I mean I seriously doubt it but you know it would be awesome to see your character on tv. I don't mean just any characters (sort of obvious) of course there has to be conditions like they won some sort of event held by game or one of first few players to play game, but I was just wondering what other people thought of that idea.

P. S. if someone else thought of this idea and wrote thread about it sorry I didn't have time to look over whole forum so sorry if I accidentally stole your idea.

My understanding is that the developers and creative writes of the game and series plan for this possibilty, like if there's something a player does of note that makes it into the show, the show set will cast an actor that dresses like your character, uses your character name and interacts with the TV series for an episode or five. Granted, I assume silly names would be disqualified or changed, so hopefully we dont run into too many "lunchladydoris" style names.

Darktide
10-19-2012, 02:13 AM
I think you would need to be doing something pretty amazing to get noticed. You would need to become something of a legend.

Jenbuu
10-19-2012, 02:21 AM
It has been stated over the months in casts etc that they intend to possibly get a character from the game into the program, they've done it from show to game so why not the other way round.

They have also said to name your characters wisely as you cant really go round with "1337" speak names.

would be looking at having the character in series 2 as the first series is already being filmed. Or thats my thoughts on it.

JustanotherGuy
10-19-2012, 03:36 PM
In truth i realize that silly names are out and you would have to do something amazing but that can be included in doing something like winning a community sponsored event or something that is seen in a lot of MMO. Now what I understood about the game and TV in my opinion is that there would be NPCs that would be on the show and if they died in the show they would die in the game or like something on a show has to do with a mission. For the names that are silly it could be used as a nickname or some rumor now the players with numbers in their name are unlikely to get it however on the same note (in my opinion) who would make their characters name some real name except badass names like Max Crusher or something ( that is a reference) so I mean I'm really asking how they would do it. Now what I said before still applies but with the new brought info. how would they do it and yes I realize I am repeating myself.

Darktide
10-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Now that would be amazing. If this isn't a reason to play this game and play it right, what is. Must get my thinking cap on. I need a good solid name.