PDA

View Full Version : Ability to play with friends on different servers

Eldarch
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Based on the posts I've read and the videos I've seen it's been made unclear to me. Sledge says there will be tons of servers and more to turn on as needed and each server will have shards.

But if I play on server x shard y and my friend plays on server x+1 shard y+1 is it possible for him and I to quest and group together for all content, specific content or no interaction between us. Making it important for all my friends to coordinate when picking servers. And ability to create characters on "Full" servers.

Ollam
03-06-2013, 10:20 AM
My understanding is it will work like most shard split games, you enter the game and add your friend to your friend list, the server gives priority to your friends to show up in your shard automatically. If your friend ends up in a different shard you should have an option to join their shard or phase. At least that's how past shard types I have played worked.

Archangel
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Once your friends are on your list. You can teleport right to them no problem.

But your characters dont transfer between US and EU servers. If you go to those EU servers to play with friends over sea's you'll have to create a EU character.

But once they are on your list and your on the right server. You can teleport to their shard or they can come to yours. Its really easy and clean.

Judgment
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
For the consoles, does anyone know if it will use XBOX Live/PSN friends lists or a separate Defiance friends list? For example, can you send friend invites through XBOX Live and have friends show up in your shard or is there an added step.

illMAtic
03-06-2013, 12:53 PM
For the consoles, does anyone know if it will use XBOX Live/PSN friends lists or a separate Defiance friends list? For example, can you send friend invites through XBOX Live and have friends show up in your shard or is there an added step.

Was wondering the same thing.

Sledgehammer70
03-06-2013, 06:19 PM
The game will have a ton of servers supporting a region server. So as long as your friends have chosen the same region as you , you can all enjoy Defiance together.

Defy
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM
The game will have a ton of servers supporting a region server. So as long as your friends have chosen the same region as you , you can all enjoy Defiance together.

thanks for the update :)

crazy Scotsman
04-08-2013, 04:57 AM

Do you think there will be servers were both US and EU palyers can play together becuse i find it a bit boring with out have my friends from america paly with me so normaly i'm on my own doing missions and other activites but overall i love the game i just want to play with friends in the US :)
Please for give my spelling still learning English