PDA

View Full Version : How Does Synergy Work?

dodmayhem
04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
So I put two mods on my assault rifle that had the Brutal Synergy. but I have no idea if the set bonuses are on or if they are not?

It is pretty confusing. Some guns with no mods show synergy so does that mean they gain an extra bonus from synergy mods? or for a synergy mod to work on a weapon does it have to have that synergy already?

Wynce
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
You need a brutal gun for brutal mods to work. You'll see on the gun that it shows the same thing as the mods do for example..

[2]: Brutal, 5% melee damage.

Something like that will be showing on the gun. Apparently the gun itself counts as one, so you'd need one brutal mod to activate that ability.

dodmayhem
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Ah okay. So a gun will have the synergy and you have to equip the synergy mods to a gun with the same synergy.

Wynce
04-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Correct. I have quite a few brutal mods myself. Enough to put 4 on a shotgun.. but I've never seen a brutal gun, let alone a brutal shotgun. Haha.

Black Badger
09-08-2013, 07:54 PM
You need a brutal gun for brutal mods to work. You'll see on the gun that it shows the same thing as the mods do for example..

[2]: Brutal, 5% melee damage.

Something like that will be showing on the gun. Apparently the gun itself counts as one, so you'd need one brutal mod to activate that ability.

I'm not sure that he is correct on this one. I stacked four green level rolling thunder mods onto my volge battle rifle, and it ended up with a 22 round mag. true enough one of the mods was high capacity mag but that only increases at x1.4 on green level. If what he says is true how did I go from a 12 round mag to a 22 round mag with x1.4 modifier

DShide
09-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Volge Battle Rifles have no synergy. You wasted the rolling thunder mods. Also with a green high cap mag 22 is the right number. I have a blue high cap on mine with 26.