PDA

View Full Version : How the HECK do you control the runners during time trials???

mikepaul
04-11-2013, 12:11 AM
First, please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_46chXoH1s and then tell me how that kind of control was accomplished. I can't tell what platform it was.

I have difficulty just driving around, since when I push the 360's left stick forward there's always some sort of left-right wobble that when I try to correct it, I almost spin out. Over and over and over again, I do that Tranquility time trial and as soon as I try to turn, I'm up a wall. Or, because I missed the gate when I swerved, I'm getting off the runner and abandoning the attempt.

I've tried another normal controller. I've tried a Mad Catz Arcade Gamestick. I've tried lowering the stick sensitivity to the point where walking around is difficult unless I put it back to about 4 pips on the scale. Nothing makes the runner stick to the ground.

Any constructive advice?...

Wynce
04-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Aim your runner while in the air. As long as you're boosting when you hit the ground, you lose little to no speed.

Other than that, practice. It takes a wihle, but I got my black challenger. :D

Snugglebuns
04-11-2013, 12:16 AM
May I ask why you push the left stick forward? You simply use small inputs and anticipate the turns and where the next turn will be, much like real racing. Well, besides the random roadblocks popping up out of no where. :(

mikepaul
04-11-2013, 09:08 PM
May I ask why you push the left stick forward? You simply use small inputs and anticipate the turns and where the next turn will be, much like real racing. Well, besides the random roadblocks popping up out of no where. :(
Going anywhere on the runner, it bounces around way too much to not keep a steady hand on the tiller. In these races, I tried that small input thing several times, wiping out in the curves. I'll keep trying, but the whole pop up and land pointing in the right direction thing is not coming naturally...

DejaVooDoo
04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
drive a runner around while your doing missions and stuff in the PvE world. Come back to the challenges after you've put a few levels on your runner skill. the time trials get much easier if you've leveled up your runner skill

mikepaul
04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Closing in on Level 7, just like the dude in the video. Runner still swerves under me all the time. There's exactly one spot that I can push forward and not swerve, but the sticks (all of them) don't STAY there, and turning in that tunnel isn't working. I did make one Bronze run, but that's not good for any pursuit or prize...

Vhailas
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Witchcraft. It's clearly witchcraft.
Also, he was on XBOX.

Buruko
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Oops. Wrong video. Sorry :D