PDA

View Full Version : Death of a legend

AlexMonk
09-23-2018, 06:50 AM
And yet strangely the spam gets cleared from 2050 forums pretty fast... (will probs get another ban for saying that but what the heck)

I think you have a point. The store on D13 has been down for a month. In the 5 years I played D13 the store went down several times. It never (to my recollection) took a month to get it back up. It is my opinion that despite what they say they are going to let D13 die. Think about it. Moderators get let go or moved to 2050, little or no dev activity on the D13 forums, the store goes down and it's "a more complicated fix than we thought", and the main focus of the live streams are new content and fixes for D13. Lets face it folks their intention is to let D13 slowly break down and die. Face it from a business stand point it makes no sense to spend resources on two basically identical games. You can't fault them for that. Once the fixes are in for 2050, and the new content hits it will be a much better game. So it's not strange at all my friend, it just means a shuffling of resources. Say farewell to the flagship, and embrace the new frontier.

andybiotica
09-23-2018, 07:33 AM
I think you have a point. The store on D13 has been down for a month. In the 5 years I played D13 the store went down several times. It never (to my recollection) took a month to get it back up. It is my opinion that despite what they say they are going to let D13 die. Think about it. Moderators get let go or moved to 2050, little or no dev activity on the D13 forums, the store goes down and it's "a more complicated fix than we thought", and the main focus of the live streams are new content and fixes for D13. Lets face it folks their intention is to let D13 slowly break down and die. Face it from a business stand point it makes no sense to spend resources on two basically identical games. You can't fault them for that. Once the fixes are in for 2050, and the new content hits it will be a much better game. So it's not strange at all my friend, it just means a shuffling of resources. Say farewell to the flagship, and embrace the new frontier.

The store is closed for 3 months and 1 week. And no, when D13 dies I leave Trion forever.

I have not seen the last livestraem. But I'm surprised that all at once believe in an annual plan. No company wants a start like 2050. Something went awry and it can not be repaired. The new players who came to 2050 and then left are not coming back. Or do you really think that the players are waiting for the game? No, the players play other games. The only ones who will come back are the old players. And so I prophesy 600 players on pc and maybe again so much on xbox and ps4 distributed. I laugh loudly. A few enemy waves and a few skins and then gives a hype. Ridiculous...

Edit: If Trion fails to repair the store(a simple database), how is Trion going to fix a whole game?