PDA

View Full Version : The game can no longer be called fun from my POV.

Zondar
04-11-2013, 01:20 AM
:( To have one mission keep a person from proceeding thru to the rest of the game is INSANE. Ive done that Joe Teach mission 5 time at EGO 265 then 10 at 603 and i cant finish it. Ive checked and rechecked my setup and am unable to get pasted that last fight with those damn flamethrower guys. If i watch out for them then the other guys get me if i watch out for the other guy then those little ****s get me.

This mission should not dictate wether i can proceed thru to the next stage of the game. Dont tell me you can do it why can i. I dont want to hear it. Im not you. I just cant get it down. Its a shame, i like the game even with all its problems but mission is just to tough for me to complete.

Have fun those of you that can complete it you worked for it. As for myself i didnt buy this game to work i bought it to entertain myself and that mission is really no fun.
:(

Anim
04-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Seriously? If you dont want any kind of challenge in your entertainment stick to watching films instead of playing games.

Komakala
04-11-2013, 01:32 AM
I never had any issues with it. Thought the fight was pretty easy. Decoy helps draw the attention away from you, cloak also can make it easier if you are struggling. Flash grenades can be used to stun the little guys allowing you to circle and shoot their tanks. There are lots of little strategies that work well.

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 01:34 AM
:( To have one mission keep a person from proceeding thru to the rest of the game is INSANE. Ive done that Joe Teach mission 5 time at EGO 265 then 10 at 603 and i cant finish it. Ive checked and rechecked my setup and am unable to get pasted that last fight with those damn flamethrower guys. If i watch out for them then the other guys get me if i watch out for the other guy then those little ****s get me.

This mission should not dictate wether i can proceed thru to the next stage of the game. Dont tell me you can do it why can i. I dont want to hear it. Im not you. I just cant get it down. Its a shame, i like the game even with all its problems but mission is just to tough for me to complete.

Have fun those of you that can complete it you worked for it. As for myself i didnt buy this game to work i bought it to entertain myself and that mission is really no fun.

Um.

Hide behind the crate.

You're supposed to Melee the flamer guys, shoot their tanks, they run under Joe, and knock his shields down.

Equip YOURSELF with a Respark or a Hurricane shield, while you're hiding behind the crate playing peek-a-boo with your LMG, they recharge SUPER fast.

Probert
04-11-2013, 01:37 AM
I'll never understand y people play wt or want an I win button. That goes for the cheaters.

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 01:38 AM
I'll never understand y people play wt or want an I win button. That goes for the cheaters.

I blame the smartphone casual game market.

And as cliche` as it sounds, the Call of Duty games.

They were linear walkthrough glorious exploding set pieces of easiness.

Ronan DEx
04-11-2013, 01:40 AM

I REALLY don't wanna be 'that guy' but if you have done this 15 times and still can't figure it out, there isn't much we can do to help you, it is NOT a hard fight. and if you are throwing in the towel over this, I suggest you don't go across the bridge to san fran where even the basic missions are harder.. let alone Nim!

I managed this very easily myself, pistol in one slot, and BMG in the other.. kite the smelter around and shoot the other mob that comes in (raider?/blitzer?) then wait for the smelter to catch up, and melee him fast. when he falls down.. shoot one single round into the gas tank on his back.. he will run off and blow up, letting you get dps time on boss, rinse and repeat..

Honestly, I haven't found much of this game to be TOO frustrating.. and the cries for nerfs terrify me.. as its one of the things that makes the game fun.

gamers nowadays have so little resillience to challenge! if its tough and makes you do it 20-30 or more times to complete.. thats a GOOD thing. that is value for money right there. that is a challenge you will remember.

it doesn't mean 'come to the forums and complain content is too hard'

Probert
04-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Yeah. I would agree with that, it all started wt WoW cry babies never got into that game bc it was so easy coming from EQ1. I like to have some challenge this game isn't hard but it's not easy mode either.

Brock 5amson
04-11-2013, 01:46 AM
If you are struggling this hard on this boss, there is no way you will be able to finish the final campaign boss...

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 01:50 AM
I can't beat the first level on Super Mario, it is just too hard, I'm not you guys, I don't want to hear it, I just can't get it down, it's too hard for me, give me my dress.

Edit: Nintendo please nerf Bullet Bills, they move too fast and are their movements are too unpredictable, as you never know where they will appear on the screen, and thus IMPOSSIBLE to deal with.

nijraw
04-11-2013, 01:51 AM

Omg just wait till you get to the last boss for this campaign lol, you better bind that roll button to were you can reach it fast, that dude is no joke.

Insanityplea
04-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Simple question...Do you roll away or run away after getting lit on fire by the little guys?

Rolling puts the fire out, running causes you pain and suffering.

Brock 5amson
04-11-2013, 01:56 AM
rolling is used for every status effect debuff honestly. Jeckleg is a push over boss honestly. The only difficulty there is to the boss fight is when he jumps down, and you have to evade his grenade barrages.
Final boss? LoL... I must have died a good 3-40 times before I respecced to a boss killing setup, than it was a lot easier.

iChinglish
04-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Um... I got him first try. I know a lot of others who got him quickly as well. I just hid behind a crate and melee'd the flame guys to pop their packs with a magnum. Was really easy, and when he jumps down he turns into a simple Blacklung, his firing patterns are almost identical to them.

Kwatos
04-11-2013, 02:01 AM
I thought you guys were joking about Nim being hard, I really don't know what to say other than I beat him first try and thought "what a joke" =/ not trying to be elitist, but he was just not a hard fight. Remember how they said he killed 18 men with just a sword? Did he ever even attempt to be aggressive ONCE with his sword? I thought that was funny, he was built up to be such a badass aggressive monster, and he spent half of his time talking, and not even trying to do damage.

Edit: Cloak refills your shields while it's active, if you don't use that, you probably should, it makes you nigh unkillable in pve if you get used to using it and turning corners.

Zascha
04-11-2013, 02:44 AM
Alright - look. I'm tired of this topic coming up.

1. Keep a build handy that has a BMG equipped, just in case.

2. Stay in the center, behind the creates, the entire time.

3. Take out the dudes on either side of you, IF you have the moment to do so. The girl that is with you will help to keep these busy.

4. Once the shields go down the first time, focus fire on his pack.

5. Then the fire dudes will pop out.

6. Wait for ONE to spawn, and immediately run up to him and Melee.

7. He will instantly be knocked down, face down.

8. Use a side arm/pistol or whatever to fire one shot into his glowing fire pack.

9. Run back to cover in the center, take out the dudes on the side if you need to, heal, and reload. Make this quick.

10. When the fire dude gets up, he will automatically run to the thing beneath Treach.

11. Unload on his pack once his shields go down.

12. Rinse and Repeat.

13. When Treach jumps down, keep your BMG handy, and roll often.

14. As long as you keep breaking LoS and taking pot-shots (DO NOT GET GREEDY) you will win.

That's it. That's all there is to this boss.

Thunderclap
04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
I'll explain. When you have an incredibly stressful day, you want to eliminate that. Angry birds doesn't do it. You basically and compliant mobs that while they don't line up to get shot aren't so difficult that you get more stress. Oh and for the record cheating is a relative term. What you consider cheating within the standards of the game isn't what other do. When angry I have ran down the mutants. One standoff I just kept backing over them. It made me feel better then I got out and started shooting again. I call it Doom God mode rocket launcher at point blank, I used to do that just to smile. Didn't give a d@mn about the level or the keys, just wanted to make things explode. Understand now?

Reincarnate
04-11-2013, 03:14 AM
I beat this guy by hiding behind the back left crate. Shoot the guys that come out, and hide when your shield runs low. I didn't have anyone get close to me behind the crate. It's fairly easy to get a good round of shots off at the main guy when his shield is down.

When the flame throwers come out, you can either melee hit them.. or I did it by rolling past them (towards them), they engage in an attack routine where I previously stood, allowing heaps of time to shoot their tanks.

When he comes out to fight, simply roll, attack, roll attack... rinse and repeat. Don't get caught up with firing at him for too long. Stay safe and wear him down slowly. Just circle around him, and circle back if he blocks your path. Keeping your distance will increase the time it takes for his grenades to land and detonate.

I had about as much trouble with this guy as Nim; hard enough to be an exciting challenge, but not so easy or hard to be disheartening.

Ikagawa
04-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Beat this encounter last night on the first try. It wasn't hard. AR to kill the little guys, swapped to a bolt-action Sniper Rifle when Jack's shield went down for a few quick headshots.

I have no idea how people can be troubled by this fight.