PDA

View Full Version : Weapon damage?

nosworc
04-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Does weapon damage stay the same no matter what ego rating the weapon is? Any assault rifles i have picked up so far have had the same base damage as my starter rifle, including purples.
Seems a bit weird to me, if thats the case what's the point in getting new stuff. Just mod the hell out of any gun you like.

Bobbyieboy
04-11-2013, 06:36 AM
It's not about the damage it's about other things in the weapon as well that allows you to better apply the damage that it has. Special effects and things like that.

Solomon_Cato
04-11-2013, 10:13 AM
This is one of the beauties of this game. It gives a realistic feel to it. Just put this scenario into a real life situation. If you had shotgun A which is a 12g and shotgun B is also a 12g, would one deal more damage than the other? No, they would both simply obliterate whatever it was you were shooting. BUT you can in real life buy things to improve the PERFORMANCE of the gun, such as chokes, trigger modifiers, and the like. So yes, mod the hell outta guns, but do not analyze on damage, but rather performance.

nosworc
04-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Why even have epics and legendary weapons in the game then? Just mod the hell out of your starter weapon, as someone who has played mmo's for the best part of 7 years the thing i loved about getting epic weapons was that they felt....erm epic.
My ego rating is almost 400 at the moment and i dont feel any stronger than when i first crashed on this planet. Starter mobs take the same beating as any other mobs, maybe im wrong but as far as i was aware the whole point of playing an mmo was to improve your character, that's what keeps people interested.

teknik187
04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
the legendaries have synergies though and if you apply all the synergy mods of the same type as the weapon to the weapon it will desimate a basic weapon..

nosworc
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Cant you buy synergy mods and just equip them on weapons?

Solomon_Cato
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
^ True, synergies do apply a tremendous effect to weapons and put any basic weapon in their shadow.

teknik187
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Cant you buy synergy mods and just equip them on weapons?

If im not mistaken the active bonuses of the synergies will only work to there full effect if appled to a weapon with the same basic synergy... the weapons with the synegies have on then a 1,2,3,4 to tell you what the added effects will be if you apply 1-4 of the mods of that type