PDA

View Full Version : The Answer to EVERYONE's Question "It's a Third Person Shooter First, and MMO Second"

Taaltos
04-11-2013, 04:47 AM
From the mouths of the Developers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B82S0BbLvps#t=11s

Schwa
04-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Sorry, but being an MMO second doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore the MMO functionality that is badly-implemented.

Also, lol on the social part of that video.

Gohlar
04-11-2013, 04:55 AM
They put rpgish systems in the game. They advertised these systems. They are completely tacked on.

You need to be a special kind of person to defend it or buy into the obviously false logic of "it's a shooter 1st and an mmo 2nd". They sold it as an tpsmmo and did not deliver. Don't defend BS.

Anim
04-11-2013, 04:56 AM
Then why is it a not very good TPS? Single player ones are vastly superior, multiplayer ones are a lot better polished, they even include more than two maps!

Its only redeeming feature is the world but it ran out of content so fast.

seahawk86
04-11-2013, 05:01 AM
which was smaller than they said it was going to be in beta.......beta they said it was 10% of the world ......they only added two lands at release

Anim
04-11-2013, 05:03 AM
which was smaller than they said it was going to be in beta.......beta they said it was 10% of the world ......they only added two lands at release

Fanboys stating that it's only 10% of the world planned for the next 25 years worth of DLC incoming in 5 ..... 4..... 3......

Doowi
04-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Will be interesting to see what area is added next that's for sure, will probably be based around what we'll see in le TV show.

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Pixel perfect accurate shooting? LOL. Clearly never picked up a sniper rifle.
Bio medical gun... yeah.... okay... doesn't even get the name right?
1000's of guns.... haha, maybe if they count the slight variations.
Then they go on to mention the social part.... haha.

Not very convincing.

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Fanboys stating that it's only 10% of the world planned for the next 25 years worth of DLC incoming in 5 ..... 4..... 3......

So you would rather play wow which is the same thing? or Rift which is the same thing? Or any MMO that isnt attached to a show which is the same thing?

So anyone who is being stupid about this *most people are* should realize its attached to a show, You will be getting access to the new areas when the shows episodes come out, Syfy said it should be 2-3 weeks between each show So do the math, You play 3 days a week 5 hours averaging 7 quests thats only 75% of CURRENT quests not new ones coming out, Not Hotshots or Onslaughts or Race ways just quests and side quests!

Now if you are no-lifeing this game then listen to what they are actualy telling you "ITS A SHOOTER MMO SCREW OFF AND PLAY RIFT STILL! DO SOMETHING WITH SOME ACTUALY PROGRESSION ATTACHED TO IT THATS BASED ON PLAYERS NOT A TV SHOW!" *Quoted from some pissy Trion GM somewhere* aswell as that, People are valiantly white knighting this game when it has obvious flaws that need to be adressed, Such as Side quests completion only occuring when a menu is opened, This may not seem big but quests are a big part of the game (I am an Xbox Player) Aswell as, Just common stuff they already know about and are fixing like server crashes and such, About 10% of original content *NOT DLC* is not in game because of issues.

Some Prusuits are un-finishable because of a bug on launch And one thing that is on BOTH sides is that
1.We expect too much from launches, No video game company does Stress tests on the server and game system BETA is FAR too small to do one of these, So servers go live something buggs and a crash happens at the same time and it causes 12 new issues.
2. No video game company does Stress Tests on the server and systems....Closed friends and family Alpha, Sign Up Beta, Open stress test Gama (Only avaliable for 4 hours of 3/7 week days for 3 months before launch, Only release 1 zone for the week so you can stress test diferent aspects of it ect.) Now stop complaining and come kill this arkfall with me!

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=Arsenic_Touch:
1000's of guns.... haha..[/QUOTE]

Go play border lands They have 10s of thousands of guns but you wouldnt know it, because ANY company will tell you the big rounded up number to get your intrest borderlands has 9735 Diffirent gun names, aswell as both borderlands AND Defiance use a build-A-gun system you take that into account, This gun may be this type of rocket launcher but its got Slime bullets so its a dif gun, This one is the same but the explosions are electrical so its a dif gun, Your complaining and saying that they are the same gun? So is a Warlock just a Mage with a shadow purple racing stripe and the mage is the same as the warlock but with blue and purple racing stripes? Or that A Purifier is the same as a Sentinel because they are healers? Research your games before complaining.

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Go play border lands They have 10s of thousands of guns but you wouldnt know it, because ANY company will tell you the big rounded up number to get your intrest borderlands has 9735 Diffirent gun names, aswell as both borderlands AND Defiance use a build-A-gun system you take that into account, This gun may be this type of rocket launcher but its got Slime bullets so its a dif gun, This one is the same but the explosions are electrical so its a dif gun, Your complaining and saying that they are the same gun? So is a Warlock just a Mage with a shadow purple racing stripe and the mage is the same as the warlock but with blue and purple racing stripes? Or that A Purifier is the same as a Sentinel because they are healers? Research your games before complaining.

Was there a point in there or are you done blowing smoke?

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Was there a point in there or are you done blowing smoke?

"borderlands AND Defiance use a build-A-gun system you take that into account, This gun may be this type of rocket launcher but its got Slime bullets so its a dif gun" Read slower son.

Anim
04-11-2013, 05:31 AM
So you would rather play wow which is the same thing? or Rift which is the same thing? Or any MMO that isnt attached to a show which is the same thing?

So anyone who is being stupid about this *most people are* should realize its attached to a show, You will be getting access to the new areas when the shows episodes come out, Syfy said it should be 2-3 weeks between each show So do the math, You play 3 days a week 5 hours averaging 7 quests thats only 75% of CURRENT quests not new ones coming out, Not Hotshots or Onslaughts or Race ways just quests and side quests!

Now if you are no-lifeing this game

What missions did you do that 2 hours to do? All of the episode missions combined so far took perhaps 40 minutes, tops, including travel time. So once the first episode airs we're going to get 30mins of game play then wait 3 weeks again for the next 30 minutes?

I also love the 'no-life' thrown around on these forums, I didnt play more than a few hours a day on average and finished by Sunday evening, less than a week in to the game. If you cant manage to find 2 hours spare between days then you have some serious time management issues.

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Accounting for cut-Scenes and the fact i hadnt realized fast travel was in game* Your right it should have taken me less time but you obviously blasted through it, I have friends and clan members who are still low end quests and high end ego and vice versa (1 is only 277 but in sanfran) I also did instances, Which have quests attached to them the RNG was **** in the beggining and i was using guns that were white but high ego lvl and guns that were blue but still starter guns, i also account for about 30 min total AFK time on ANYONE because average person playing for about 2 hours is gonna step away for a drink or bio, thats Rounded up 10 min, Add another 10 for Random crap that can happen like owning a dog and it needing to go out and 10 for reading quests IF you do that. Im Rounding UP aswell

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 05:41 AM
"borderlands AND Defiance use a build-A-gun system you take that into account, This gun may be this type of rocket launcher but its got Slime bullets so its a dif gun" Read slower son.

Son? your attitude is just precious.
You have yet to actually make a point, you're still blowing smoke.
I am well aware of what this game entails, and found the 1000's of guns statement comical while pointing out the other inaccuracies mentioned in that blog that you curiously ignored when quoting me. Now run along before you pull something.

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Thank you Taaltos iv watched this a few times ^^ the only thing i thought was funy is:
"Pixel perfect Accuracy shooting... so based on your own skill you ether make a head-shot or you don't" lol

And i also have to agree with Doowi..

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:47 AM
Another person who thinks telling an MMO company your ideas and feeling is wrong, Ahh i love you people, Listen Things dont get better unless you tell someone what you want from them, Eg. Kid: "Mom can i have _________" mom: *Dosent have to listen she can turn around and say No just like the gaming companys do when they ignore us. Another analogy is that you ask your land-lord if you can get a light put on the front door area, He dosent awnser you for 2 weeks because he is dealing with other houses he owns, You may get pissy but thats not your fault or his. it may get changed he may tell you theres a street light out front and you have a 7 foot front lawn the light is fine why waist money and bring up your electricity bill. *in gaming terms: Why bother if TRION feels it dosent need to be fixed at that point live with it or move on to a new game*

Alyn
04-11-2013, 06:03 AM
Hey folks,

Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.

Thanks!