PDA

View Full Version : Can you transfer a character to a different xbox account

zebvar
04-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Ok so here is my problem, i tried signing into my Xbox live account today and it randomly pops up that it needs my WLID email and password to 'verify' my account safety... The problem is I no longer no the account details due to them not being needed for well over a year and after searching Xbox forums and about every reliable source I've found there is no other option than to make a new Xbox live account and lose everything on my current account. I know I am not the only one who has had this problem and has had to make a new account.
So that brings me to this very random question of can I transfer my in game characters from the old account I no longer have access to, to a new account I've made as clearly I don't want to restart the whole game considering how far I've got and the in game items I would loose. Any help would be much appreciated

Kemba
04-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Probably not. You might be better off contacting Microsoft technical support to recover your account information, because the chances that you can transfer characters is fairly slim, as some essential information is probably held serverside.

zebvar
04-11-2013, 05:42 AM
The only advice Microsoft gave me was the same on there website as they said they can't disclose to much information about a particular account due to security purposes, which defeats all the objectives. I don't see how they expect people to recover accounts when all they do is give you a online form to film in and always decline in. Thank you for your response though

Aviarais
04-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Find the email thats attached to it call Microsoft support and tell them you have a missing email and you can give IP codes Ect. to track it to you so you can get on, Like tell them what games are on the account, Tell them you can send them something with saves from that account so you have the proof you owned it at one point. *Just sugjestions*