PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

Vhailas
04-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I accuse all those who are able to get gold in any of the time trials of witchcraft.

Phenomenal TJ
04-11-2013, 06:03 AM
They're so much easier if you level your runners up first. That extra speed + the extra boost REALLY helps.

Vhailas
04-11-2013, 06:08 AM
The worst is that I'm only trying to get silver. I barely scrape by, thinking YEAH SILVER. And then the game is like NOPE +2 SECONDS FOR NO REASON TROLOLOL BRONZE'D.

strfish
04-11-2013, 06:11 AM
i always get bronze because at the end of the time trial it adds 5 seconds to the time so i cant get any of the outfits, also i hate racing/ time trials. i just want the outfits.

Grit
04-11-2013, 06:19 AM
My Runners aka Quads of Justice are up to level 9 now :D so i may be able to get a gold on a few of them. Personally i don't enjoy the rollers enough to use them all that often.

I'm sure once i finish of the main story arc and the side missions i'll be doing time trials over and over and over again lol

xHanKxMardukaSx
04-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Before each Time Trial I slaughter a goat to win the favor of the latency gods just so those extra seconds don't get added. Seriously though, the thing that made all the difference for me was learning which checkpoint gates refill your boost and making sure that I was using up as much of my meter going through them so that I wasn't wasting any potential boost.

Phenomenal TJ
04-11-2013, 06:21 AM
My Runners aka Quads of Justice are up to level 9 now :D so i may be able to get a gold on a few of them. Personally i don't enjoy the rollers enough to use them all that often.

I'm sure once i finish of the main story arc and the side missions i'll be doing time trials over and over and over again lol

I was in the same boat as far as rollers go, but the dune buggy is a freakin' tank. You'll never see me in a Challenger, but every now and then I do enjoy running stuff over with the buggy.

Vhailas
04-11-2013, 06:26 AM
I like to pretend my orange dodge is a charger and jump over all the things, Dukes of Hazzard style.

Grit
04-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Yeah we make some Duke Boys references while driving the challenger but that thing kinda sucks...can't get over the diesel engine sound lol

The dune buggy is pretty sweet, got one real cheap at a random vendor for the "sale item." I was sad that it wasn't Blue...because all i had stuck in my head was the Little Blue Dune Buggy by Presidents of The United States lol

I'd say a majority of my time wasted in this game is spent in the air while on my quad

cheapinjustice
04-11-2013, 06:44 AM
i can get silver on the first one by the crash site need gold for the pursuit and i have hit it at 38 seconds and boom shows up at 42 everytime ugh lol

Vhailas
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
So I tried the sacrificing a goat to my heathen god method, and I managed to get gold somehow. Lol.

Schmitski
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
my god the amount of times i've gone over the line on gold and finished but then the games like nope, + 2 seconds it is so frustrating how does anyone get gold....

FlamingNinja007
04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I got gold on the first three I encountered with a level 5 runner (maybe roller; I confuse the names). It seems to be about how well you can control your boost, and when you boost.