PDA

View Full Version : Grouping and Chatting with Friends

adamaant
04-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I know the chat is not good in Defiance, but I'm really at a loss. I had a good experience with voice chat in a Coop mission once. I added a guy as a friend. Now I can't figure out how to send a message to him, or how to group with someone, or ask someone to group. Can you pros give me a little advice? Also, anyone that is interested in grouping in game I wouldn't mind getting to know more people in this game.

I'm a huge supporter of Defiance. I'm pretty confident that they will make things easier to communicate as the game matures. I hope there are still lots of people around playing at that point.

Thanks.

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 06:06 AM
oh thats easy, depending on what platform your on (im assuming PS3 and Xbox are the same, im on xbox myself) you press right on the D-pad for the quick menu and go to nearby or "Invite friends" and select the person you want to group with and select "group invite" ^^ and sicne your new may i suggest my thread for any questions/help? a link is located in my signature below :)

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 06:08 AM
type /help for all the commands
there is a whisper function, doesn't always work though.

Since you're talking about messages, I assume you're playing on the pc?
If so, see if you can get a whisper to go through with the in game command, or download steam and launch defiance through it and use the steam overlay. Have all your friends join steam and do the same, then set the key to something on your numpad and while you're playing, just hit the key and bring up the friends list and have an instant message with your friends.
Pretty much your best shot at this moment until they do a serious overhaul on the chat system.

adamaant
04-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Yep, PC user. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Also, one of the reasons I wanted to group is that one of the main missions I was failing hard. You know the one where you first meet "Teach"? If you get incapacitated you have to start over. I hate that mission. I'm pretty bad at this game. I still like it a lot though. That's a solo only mission right?

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
type /help for all the commands
there is a whisper function, doesn't always work though.

Since you're talking about messages, I assume you're playing on the pc?
If so, see if you can get a whisper to go through with the in game command, or download steam and launch defiance through it and use the steam overlay. Have all your friends join steam and do the same, then set the key to something on your numpad and while you're playing, just hit the key and bring up the friends list and have an instant message with your friends.
Pretty much your best shot at this moment until they do a serious overhaul on the chat system.

thank you Arsenic Touch, i was unsure about PC and also could you help me with the controls and whatnot for my guide since you know more about it then myself XD

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 06:15 AM
thank you Arsenic Touch, i was unsure about PC and also could you help me with the controls and whatnot for my guide since you know more about it then myself XD

What controls do you need help with?

Amber Fae
04-11-2013, 06:19 AM
What controls do you need help with?

well i myself are on Xbox and so i know all the controls for that, but I'm not sure i have all the important stuff for PC down on my guide. I ment for it to be a guide for all 3 platforms but its kind of catering to Xbox more then the other two atm XD

Arsenic_Touch
04-11-2013, 06:30 AM
well i myself are on Xbox and so i know all the controls for that, but I'm not sure i have all the important stuff for PC down on my guide. I ment for it to be a guide for all 3 platforms but its kind of catering to Xbox more then the other two atm XD

Send me what you got and i'll look it over and send back any additions or alterations. It's like 8:30 am and I haven't been to sleep yet, so I'm about to hit the sack.