PDA

View Full Version : I have noticed a few things...

Scotty_Doo42
04-11-2013, 06:14 AM
1. Enemies have non-stop perfect aim, and will never miss you.
2. Enemies with grenade launchers have higher blast radius and damage out-put.
3. Sniping from far away is pointless, after one or two kills the enemy somehow knows EXACTLY where you are.
4. They have extremely high damage on there weapons over distance.
5. Scrip is pointless.
6. Drops are pointless.
7. Most missions are pointless.
8. Arkfalls are fun for bragging rights, but overall pointless.
9. PvP is a noob-tubein show down.

BUT given those 9 quick things, that have been irritating me today, i will continue to play Defiance as it is a good game. This is in NO way a hate thread, just a rant to let off some steam.

AimFix
04-11-2013, 06:28 AM
PvP could really be tweaked alot. They need to remove grenade launchers all together in PvP and extend the round time.

Other than that i played some shadow war last night and it seemed like it was very rewarding (xp that is) . Has anyone else started playing this game mode a little more?

Scotty_Doo42
04-11-2013, 06:31 AM
I try. But after 15min wait times on my end i give up. I loved shadow wars. Was my main PvP when game launched. Now though its hard to get in one.

nosworc
04-11-2013, 06:39 AM
3. Sniping from far away is pointless, after one or two kills the enemy somehow knows EXACTLY where you are.
5. Scrip is pointless.
6. Drops are pointless.

BUT given those 9 quick things, that have been irritating me today, i will continue to play Defiance as it is a good game. This is in NO way a hate thread, just a rant to let off some steam.

I was just going to make a thread about the enemies aim and don't get me started about those b*stards with grenade launchers.
Even rolling doesn't help matters, i had to take a break a few minutes ago because of some stupid mission where enemies were spawning non stop, flinging grenades around and i couldn't do a thing but die....over and over and over.....
I'm enjoying the hell out of this game though, just little things like that really bug me.

SlashZaku
04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
5. Scrip is pointless.
6. Drops are pointless.

BUT given those 9 quick things, that have been irritating me today, i will continue to play Defiance as it is a good game. This is in NO way a hate thread, just a rant to let off some steam.1. Notice this the most with Raider Blitzers. They use SMGs but they can pelt you dead on from a distance and even behind cover, it seems they can get every freaking angle on you. They need to be toned down.
2. Any enemy with grenades is able to hail mary it to wherever you are with pinpoint accuracy. Just watch one of them lob it and step 2 feet in any direction. It'll land exactly where you were just standing, regardless of distance. It's annoying.
3. This is why I kind of hardly bother with sniping. 1 or 2 kills at the most and then you're being hounded by the entire mob. I think it'd be fine if the enemies just ran around in a panic/on alert after seeing 2 buddies going down but making a B-line straight for the player who is a ways out? BS.
4. Yep, doesn't seem to be much, if any falloff damage for the enemy.
5. I think there just needs to be some more worthwhile stuff to buy with the scrip. Currently sitting on 20k (just bought a Tier 4 Lock Box and got squat :|) and really only spend it on the occasional vendor special or lock boxes. Otherwise, it just stockpiles.
6. Somewhat. Eh. Would be nice to find some more rare stuff in the field.
8. Arkfalls need to happen a bit less with more payoff I'd say. I pass them up a lot of the time cause they're so damn common. If they were more rare and with decent/good drops, I'd spring for them more often.
9. Haven't touched PVP yet =\

Fuzzy Skinner
04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
There are things to complain about in this game, but the difficulty of the enemies is not one of them (unless you complain they are too easy, which they are). The only enemy type that is ever a real problem is Dark Matter, and that's really only when they are in full force with snipers+enforcers+Monitors+Bulworks and you find yourself surrounded and on your own. Their aim is not perfect, I dodge both grenades and snipers all day, it's only when they catch me complete off guard and I'm just half-assing it that it's a problem.
The damage they cause is pretty weak too. Even with a respark shield you never get one hitted so you can just hide after taking damage and be good to go in a few seconds.

The rest of your complaints are more legit.

SgtScR3aM21
04-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Honestly woul you rather the game be super easy AND redundant like borderlands? atleast with this game you cant just blow through everything and they are trying to make it a more social by making you group up. Now with that said everything is supposed to be able to be soloed. it is frustrating at times to die in 2 unavoidable hits when a mob of about 15 coming running at me but it changes the dynamic of me running through tearing everything up like other shooters.

nosworc
04-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Honestly woul you rather the game be super easy AND redundant like borderlands? atleast with this game you cant just blow through everything and they are trying to make it a more social by making you group up. Now with that said everything is supposed to be able to be soloed. it is frustrating at times to die in 2 unavoidable hits when a mob of about 15 coming running at me but it changes the dynamic of me running through tearing everything up like other shooters.

Not at all, but dying all the time because of game mechanics gets old pretty fast. Saying that its only happened on a few missions where i have got annoyed so maybe not such a big deal.
The basic combat strategy i have to do is run away, shoot stuff, run away some more, shoot stuff. If i don't i just get destroyed, and yes i try and use cover to my advantage but dosen't make a difference when some guy with grenades knows exactly where your standing every time he shoots/throws one.

SgtScR3aM21
04-11-2013, 09:11 AM
It reminds me of the style of play for the original Everquest MMO , it was all kiting. just keep telling yourself to be strong the other schmucks arleady gave up and moved on cause they couldnt hack it and overcome the objective. =p

FNL4EVA23
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I try. But after 15min wait times on my end i give up. I loved shadow wars. Was my main PvP when game launched. Now though its hard to get in one.

try waiting 4-8 hours a day and not even half fills..... i want to try it....

Saber024
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
i agree with #3. shooting enemies on top of a mountain, and after 2 shots they KNOW where i am.

i hurt since i wanted to play as a sniper, but now i pack a secondary AR since stealth is rather pointless.

don't get me started with the grenade flinging.

but yes, i'm still playing the game.