PDA

View Full Version : Random events and time trials!

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-11-2013, 06:34 AM
For the love of Cthulhu could we please have these things NOT placed in the path you have to drive? I just failed miserably because a truck belonging to some mercs out to destroy some hellbugs was parked square across one of the rings I had to drive through!

*RAEGFACE!*

Phenomenal TJ
04-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Can't even count how many times this has happened to me. Even more fun when the event is an Arkfall with the crystal smack in the middle of the path.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-11-2013, 06:41 AM
I'm a big enough man to admit that I suck at driving games. I'll never get Gold ratings on these things. But I don't need this random difficulty factored in when I am struggling just to get Silver for the exploration pursuits!

Jack Johnson
04-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Had something similar happen that was screwing me over. Had to wipe out the event to be able to do the race.

Random events can be an unexpected boon though. I was messing around with my gear, and as I was doing so I came across a random "chest key" event, which gives you a Reaper to use against swarms of hellbugs... when I finish the event a major arkfall boss battle popped up, I sort of waddled to the edge of the encounter range and sprayed the **** out of it. Killed a monarch in less than 10 seconds, and basically vaporized the boss aside from getting staggered once.

Flavvor
04-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Had something similar happen that was screwing me over. Had to wipe out the event to be able to do the race.

Random events can be an unexpected boon though. I was messing around with my gear, and as I was doing so I came across a random "chest key" event, which gives you a Reaper to use against swarms of hellbugs... when I finish the event a major arkfall boss battle popped up, I sort of waddled to the edge of the encounter range and sprayed the **** out of it. Killed a monarch in less than 10 seconds, and basically vaporized the boss aside from getting staggered once.

That's awesome. I like the random events on the road and such, Keeps the game fresh.

Draugluin
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I think I know which specific truck you mean. I had to do learning curve with that gate. On the descriptions there're mentioned the environmental hazards. However, I think it was the same trial that in the beginning there is a mortar guy which evaporates you and your quad while you're waiting for the countdown of trial, still. I think that's even more unfair?