PDA

View Full Version : Server Downtime

RedTaure
04-11-2013, 10:03 AM
You know Trion...most MMO's give warning messages before bringing servers down and booting out everybody.

ExpiredLifetime
04-11-2013, 10:04 AM
You know Trion...most MMO's give warning messages before bringing servers down and booting out everybody.
They gave a 30 minute, 15 minute and then 9 minute warning.

Aimeri
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?31461-Server-Update-April-11th-10-00am-PT-All-NA-Platforms&p=290143#post290143

Check that out bro. Plenty of notice.

RedTaure
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
They gave a 30 minute, 15 minute and then 9 minute warning.

O they did. Hmm i must have missed it...because their chat system is so stupid...and forum messages has nothing to do with in-game warnings.

Snowranger19
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I didn't see in-game warnings either.. I actually thought I had d/c'd.

Do that not have server-wide messages enabled like Rift that pop up in the middle of your screen?

Insanely
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
I really like the way it informs you in game about when & how long the server will be down, very nice & ty

Aimeri
04-11-2013, 10:11 AM
O they did. Hmm i must have missed it...because their chat system is so stupid...and forum messages has nothing to do with in-game warnings.

I agree that their in game chat system is horrible. However, before taking the time to post on the forums *****ing about it, you may have just taken 3 seconds to look at their Server Status section to see why the servers are down. Hell, it would have saved you time and energy.

RedTaure
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree that their in game chat system is horrible. However, before taking the time to post on the forums *****ing about it, you may have just taken 3 seconds to look at their Server Status section to see why the servers are down. Hell, it would have saved you time and energy.

Hmm okay. So I should check their server status post every time before i log in or something , or very hour while I'm playing so I know when I will get booted....ok that's a lot better than getting in-game warnings that people can actually notice.

Snowranger19
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Hmm.. tastes like..

sarcasm.

Hmm okay. So I should check their server status post every time before i log in or something , or very hour while I'm playing so I know when I will get booted....ok that's a lot better than getting in-game warnings that people can actually notice.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM

You have to look very hard to see that chat box in game. What I am trying to say is. Yes they did give us a warning. lol

CellSix
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I really like the way it informs you in game about when & how long the server will be down, very nice & ty
I would like a phone call 5 min before an arkfall as well

Stormynature
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
You have to look very hard to see that chat box in game. What I am trying to say is. Yes they did give us a warning. lol

The trouble with the current warnings using the existing chat system that is barely noticeable without stepping out of the game persay is that it is kind of like a policeman whispering "stop police" then shooting.

I do not know why they are not using a server system message that splashes across the screen in similar to what they do with rift.

Sergeant Toast
04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
It's always in the bottom chat window if it's gonna happen. If you log in just after the final warning, well... It'll be pretty hard to notice. I disagree with the amount of time that servers are down, but this game is pretty awesome while I'm playing. Sit back, relax, and when everything is running on all cylinders, it'll be one hell of a ride.

CellSix
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
It's always in the bottom chat window if it's gonna happen. If you log in just after the final warning, well... It'll be pretty hard to notice. I disagree with the amount of time that servers are down, but this game is pretty awesome while I'm playing. Sit back, relax, and when everything is running on all cylinders, it'll be one hell of a ride. Well said Sergeant!

RedTaure
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Sit back, relax, and when everything is running on all cylinders, it'll be one hell of a ride.

wtf are you talkin about? Are you high? Nice and toasted eh?

Shima
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
They do give warnings, it's just using their rather poorly implemented chat system :P

Snowranger19
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
1) You would have to be looking at it to nice, as it disappears very quickly.
2) Some people don't get messages - I have had my chat bug out frequently where I don't see any chat at all, even when there is chatting going on (confirmed thru steam chat)
3) Unless your hitting enter often to check to see if you missed a message while shopping, reading mission text, or in a cutscene - you probablly will never see a message.

Well said Sergeant!

Creepshow
04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
I would like a phone call 5 min before an arkfall as well
Is it really too much to ask for? really?

Defy
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I thinkn if chat is closed then warning is hard to see... I'd suggest having those warning on screen rather than on chat maybe

ThanatosPa
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Why does this come up for EVERY patch or server update? They do give a warning in the chat window, several in fact.

Also as was mentioned just check the server status. these threads are useless.

Snowranger19
04-11-2013, 10:40 AM
There is a welcome window when you log in to the game.. why doesn't it just say it there?

Why does this come up for EVERY patch or server update? They do give a warning in the chat window, several in fact.

Also as was mentioned just check the server status. these threads are useless.

Ballsdeep
04-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Is it really too much to ask for? really?

For real! ,,

ironhands
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I see the warnings each time, but they are kind of small. 2 things will change though:

The servers shouldn't be restarting so often once the kinks are worked out

Chatbox is improving with the upcoming patch

might also be a larger warning coming that they haven't announced, the notes are still a rough draft.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Just do what I do, every 20 min just pull up the full chat window and check for warnings. Its not terribly hard to do no matter how.much you think you shiuldnt have to. I know its a pain, but its better then bieng in the salvage matrix when they disconnect you and lose a cool weapon.

The thing here is that most ppl that plY these games do, pay attention to the chat windows, I know its small right now with only 2 lines, but you can pull up the full now and then

TJS 1138
04-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I have never missed a warning yet, and I've had this game since it was released. The chat system sucks, yes, but with a little problem solving and can-do attitude, you'll be able to overcome the fact that everything is not being handed to you on a silver platter. The game is still so new.
Also, if a server coming down without you being warned is a problem worth complaining about at length, it may be time to re-evaluate how difficult you really have it.

RedTaure
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I have never missed a warning yet, and I've had this game since it was released. The chat system sucks, yes, but with a little problem solving and can-do attitude, you'll be able to overcome the fact that everything is not being handed to you on a silver platter. The game is still so new.
Also, if a server coming down without you being warned is a problem worth complaining about at length, it may be time to re-evaluate how difficult you really have it.

IF this game was f2p then your comments make some sense. But it's not. I paid $60 for this, and you're telling me that I should NOT expect them to hand things to me on a silver platter?

Sergeant Toast
04-12-2013, 11:24 AM
wtf are you talkin about? Are you high? Nice and toasted eh?
It's a car engine reference. When a car is running on less than all of its cylinders, its performance will not be 100%... That being said, you could use that reference to picture the game's current situation. The game still needs to have some work done, and once all the bugs are worked out, the game will function as intended... I was hoping it would not be so difficult to understand what I wrote. By the way... My name has nothing to do with drugs. It is a play on my gamer tag, Toast Missile, and no... That has nothing to do with drugs, either. I hope this clarifies things a little more for you.