PDA

View Full Version : bad crash bugs

allegretto2500
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
getting bad lockups that require a restart of my ps3. sometimes it runs a file check error on my system when I re-boot.

wilks
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
If it is happening more and more, your ps3 may be dying. That is exactly how 2 of my ps3s went after about 2or 3 years. I suggest getting a new one and doing the file transfer soon. Or its possible the system will lock up sooner and sooner and there wont be time to save anything from the hard drive.

teknik187
04-11-2013, 10:52 AM
This is also a problem within the defiance game communtiy.. my new PS3 is only 6 months old and i have been having this problem as well, only while playing defiance...hopefully it will be fixed on the next update

allegretto2500
04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
If it is happening more and more, your ps3 may be dying. That is exactly how 2 of my ps3s went after about 2or 3 years. I suggest getting a new one and doing the file transfer soon. Or its possible the system will lock up sooner and sooner and there wont be time to save anything from the hard drive.

this is a new ps3 and the lock up only happens with defiance.

Solomon_Cato
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Yea, this really could be a toss up between personal consoles or the game itself. I have only had one crash, which was at an ark fall with about 50 or so hunters (could have been more) around. If it does become more frequent then I would maybe suspect the console, otherwise fight the war of attrition with a new game and wait it out.