PDA

View Full Version : Server fixes need to be timed differently.

mr_mover34
04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Wile I know the servers need to come down and be fixed from time to time. I wish you guys would rotate the times for them. 10 am PT every day is getting a little annoying.I don't mind them being down once in a wile at 10 am but can you maybe bring the servers down an hour earlier or later on a rotating basis?

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
This time period is both, late enough in the morning for the Trion team to have time to get their coffee and prepare the update, yet early enough to not be at any PEAK server uptime Most people are either at work or at school right now, assuming the good old 9-5. the EU servers get lucky because their downtime happens after midnight(unless emergency maintenance is needed)

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-11-2013, 10:18 AM
This time period is both, late enough in the morning for the Trion team to have time to get their coffee and prepare the update, yet early enough to not be at any PEAK server uptime Most people are either at work or at school right now, assuming the good old 9-5. the EU servers get lucky because their downtime happens after midnight(unless emergency maintenance is needed)

^This /10char

cab0218
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Ya this is becoming annoying for me too. I try to play when it is not so busy and since most people are at work the servers are not so laggy right now. World Of Warcraft tends to have server downtime every week but those tend to be more than an hour so I guess we are lucky. I think every single day is a bit excessive. What they need to fix is contracts and pursuits resetting and where it keeps saying what co op maps are available every single time I finish a mission! I already saw for the 100th time what co op maps I can play!

Dradiin
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
I have long advocated that developers have a rotating patch schedule... keep the same day but move it forward another hour each time you patch.... so 10am one week the next week should be 11am, and so on.

This way no one could complain that there patch times are biased against a particular timezone or country.

Xavier Horovitz
04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
It's an hour. No life is so empty that an hour makes a difference.

NalkorRN
04-11-2013, 10:24 AM
I would like it if they had big messages that would pop up and inform you of the servers going down an hour before it happens, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15, 10, 5, and then 1 minute, giving people ample time to finish up stuff.

NeoDraven
04-11-2013, 10:26 AM
They already did this it use to be 6PM EST be happy it isn't anymore, now stop complaining and go grab your juice and cookies and go take a nap.

mr_mover34
It's an hour. No life is so empty that an hour makes a difference.
Ahh. But in that hour my kids are taking naps. Which is prime time for me to be playing. Other times I am doing stuff with my kids. Hence why I asked for a rotating time.

fishboy11
maybe, but some people probably dont get much more than hour to play a day, in my case the patches seem to hit right when i am first getting ready to play for the day, luckily i have lots of free time so its only a minor annoyance

fishboy11
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I would like it if they had big messages that would pop up and inform you of the servers going down an hour before it happens, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15, 10, 5, and then 1 minute, giving people ample time to finish up stuff.

yea putting it in the broken chat window that everyone has learned to ignore makes little sense to me.

NeoDraven
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM
maybe, but some people probably dont get much more than hour to play a day, in my case the patches seem to hit right when i am first getting ready to play for the day, luckily i have lots of free time so its only a minor annoyance
Reschedule when you can play Trion isn't a friend who reschedules their patching of the servers whenever "you" don't want them to, they got enough griping when they had it at 6PM EST, 3PM PST.

mr_mover34
04-11-2013, 10:28 AM

This. Nothing like logging on and 5 minutes later the server goes down because I didn't think to check the forums before logging into a game.

Black Kev
04-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Wile I know the servers need to come down and be fixed from time to time. I wish you guys would rotate the times for them. 10 am PT every day is getting a little annoying.I don't mind them being down once in a wile at 10 am but can you maybe bring the servers down an hour earlier or later on a rotating basis?

Most people are at school or work at 10 am PST it makes a lot of sense to me. Why does this annoy you? Do you work swing shifts or something?

Kierke
04-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I live in the Central time zone (10am PST is Noon CST), only 1.2 miles from where I work, and get an hour lunch break...and I never get to play on lunch! :mad: lol

Black Kev
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Ahh. But in that hour my kids are taking naps. Which is prime time for me to be playing. Other times I am doing stuff with my kids. Hence why I asked for a rotating time.
that sucks and all but the game can't stop just because its more convenient for you. I am afraid you will have to adapt. I have kids I totally understand how it is but you gotta work around that.

NeoDraven
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I hope you realize by now your gripping is as good as shouting at a wall this isn't WoW where whoever cries the loudest gets what they want, they changed the update time from 3Pm PST/6PM EST to 10AM PST/1Pm EST be happy it's not during peak play times in the evenings, and also weekday 10-2PM is not peak time, that's "I have to go to work" time so it's not really affecting many people.

jetah
04-11-2013, 10:35 AM

odd enough they did that today.

mr_mover34
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
lmao. I love how some of you just have to bash me. Heck I am fine with the 10 am time as long as it isn't every day. Asking for a rotating time never seemed like it would be a big deal. I will now stop feeding the trolls.

cab0218
04-11-2013, 10:44 AM
lmao. I love how some of you just have to bash me. Heck I am fine with the 10 am time as long as it isn't every day. Asking for a rotating time never seemed like it would be a big deal. I will now stop feeding the trolls.

You are not asking for alot these guys are just being rude.All I ask for them to do is just tell us better with a message that is not in the chat. When I was on I did not see any message about the servers going down. I should not have to always check the forums to see when the servers will be going down but I guess I can expect it at the same time everyday at this point.

ItISLupus
04-11-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm having flashbacks to my thread before launch. things you can do in 4 days.

things you can do in the hour downtime.

eat

read a book

let your loved ones know you haven't died.

go for a walk

eat some more

watch two episodes of My little Pony Friendship is Magic